Sign in to follow this  
cpl_hicks

Organizing addons with workshop with mods from playwithsix?

So with this new workshop thing it seems the addons go into the main arma install folder as opposed to the "my documents" location that playwithsix defaults addons into.

Are you able to change this in steam?

Should I just move all my addons from mydocuments into the arma install folder?

Where do most people keep all their addons when using mod programs like pws or armasync????

Now with this new workshop addon thing what is the best way to setup?

Thanks

I hope not - my ArmA 3 and Windows are located on a 64GB SSD.

If all my mods would have to be on the SSD, I won't have enough space for the next cool mod or update.

Sure it is possible to make a linked folder, but imagine a tool that should help you organizing this thing - but instead, you have to organize all the folders for the tool to help you organize and download the mods.

Still updating at the moment, but I would be shocked if mods would have to be in the game directory

Just a little note because I was talking about SSD and rare space,

if anybody has problems with this update, and perhaps reads steams content.log, and sees something about Disk read error:

check that you have at least 10GB of free space ^^.

I was checking the game files, i did a chkdsk run, I became scared about the walking dead bits, but finally the update didn't finish because I hadn't enough free space ( I had 8GB ).

All I'm saying is this is getting really confusing.

Do I use pws or arma sync or the workshop/steamarmalauncher???...

And if so where should all my mods be, at the "my documents" location, or the "game folder"?....

Surprised more people aren't talking about this.

My feeling is there should be some kind of concensus....

Things are getting more and more scattered like back in arma 2 where you had steam users and non steam users, arma 2 vs arrowhead vs combined ops etc.....

Take arma3sync, take the mod on armaholic or steam workshit put them where you want and enjoy.

You are able to switch it in PWS i have all my Mods in my arma root Directorys.

If you need an little how to just say so.

So, I'm kind of lost, I just uninstalled Arma3Sync because of the new launcher, but where do I go look for new mods and updates ones from now on?

I use playwithsix and Armaholic for my mods but now Steam Workshop supports Arma 3 addons, has anyone made a decision yet?

I will Stick to PWS having Collections saving on the Account is quite a nice Feature..

Custom Repo sharing so easy to do for Events and other stuff.

Just 3 Clicks and you are ready to go.

Like the PWS link

Click update

Click join

and you are on the Server.

With arma3sync you have two choice. First you take your addons on armaholic, second you sync arma3sync with a server.

Wiki for arma3sync: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English

Yea but my whole problem with armasync is alot of times it does not do it all for you. After your done alot of times you still have to do things with the userconfig folder where as pws does it for you.

Nice discussion here but it would be nice if we could centralize this topic onto this post (as BIS is watching it closely): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179553-BIS-New-Game-Launcher

Agreed, I will move into that one thanks.

Please close this thread and lets discuss on

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179553-BIS-New-Game-Launcher