Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

ArmA3 Steam Forums are a joke.

Nothing special for the arma 3 section, all steam forums are mostly trash.

In fact, it seems most game related forums are on that level.

Nothing special for the arma 3 section, all steam forums are mostly trash.

In fact, it seems most game related forums are on that level.

It's full of trolls and people that lack common sense -.-

There are multiple threads where people are asking what the 1.2GB update contained. It would be obvious if they either:

A) Started the game.

B) Looked at the news feed that appears when one views ArmA3 in their Steam Library.

C) Looked at the BI Forum.

D) Used Google (when people ask a question online, they are basically saying, "Can you Google this for me?")

E) Stopped living under a rock.

Went in and reported 3-5 altis life threads in the wrong (general) section, came back to see nothing was being done about it, never returned.

<-- up for hire *hint :D

Went in and reported 3-5 altis life threads in the wrong (general) section, came back to see nothing was being done about it, never returned.

<-- up for hire *hint :D

Even the moderators suck. Sometimes they'd even join in with the trolling. This is also the type of service I'd expect from the Steam Workshop.

I also participated in a thread where a mission "developer" wanted criticism on his new mission. After receiving a nice page of constructive criticism from a decent member on the forum, he replies unappreciatively and defends his "work". Then a common troll joins the thread, insulting the reviewer and claiming praise for the mission creator in defense that creating missions is hard work.

I also see a bunch of rants claiming BI sucks and whatnot; people that have no clue how game development or programming is.

I'm just thankful we have ArmAholic and the BI Forums.

Edited by zooloo75

Yeah I can't read those forums without getting angry/depressed. It's like the Youtube comments... where the lowest common denominator rules the day!!

It's fun for a laugh.

But you musn't forget that it's also where all the newbies go for help. If it's a genuine question I'll try to respond earnestly. The mission creation part especially, hopefully some will advance to the BI forums.

Most complain about multiplayer performance, mainly due to playing poorly coded missions. I won't name the missions, as I'm sure we already know which ones they are.

I think the op it's a problematic person.

"I also participated in a thread where a mission "developer" wanted criticism on his new mission. After receiving a nice page of constructive criticism from a decent member on the forum, he replies appreciatively and defends his "work". Then a common troll joins the thread, insulting the reviewer and claiming praise for the mission creator in defense that creating missions is hard work."

This is a false complaint.

The OP has entered to a thread on Steam to insult me and the mission developer and now is triying to justify his personal attack creating a "hate" thread in the BIS forum.

Sample of his behaviour:

"Even the moderators suck."

Dwarden is the main steam forum moderator.

I suggest to the OP be focused on his scripting works instead "griefing" the steam forums. I think is more helpful to the community and dont waste his time.

Edited by djotacon

I think the op it's a problematic person.

"I also participated in a thread where a mission "developer" wanted criticism on his new mission. After receiving a nice page of constructive criticism from a decent member on the forum, he replies appreciatively and defends his "work". Then a common troll joins the thread, insulting the reviewer and claiming praise for the mission creator in defense that creating missions is hard work."

This is a false complaint.

The OP has entered to a thread on Steam to insult me and the mission developer and now is triying to justify his personal attack creating a "hate" thread in the BIS forum.

Sample of his behaviour:

"Even the moderators suck."

Dwarden is the main steam forum moderator.

I suggest to the OP be focused on his scripting works instead "griefing" the steam forums. I think is more helpful to the community and dont waste his time.

*sigh* This is the troll of the Steam forums... Many of you may already know.

No matter how much sense one puts into their arguments, this guy just won't understand anything. -.-

Okay, one simple question...why was this thread created? To highlight stupid remarks, to show one forum is better than the other? This seems like a bullying kind of thing...

If it is in defense of going against the use of steam workshop then it would best be posted within that thread as a counter suggestion.

Edited by NodUnit

I hate to be that guy but what is the purpose of this thread exactly? It seems like a bit of a bullying thing more than anything else.

Some people take critique better than others, many at first say they are ready but really aren't, then act defensive..its a very thin line to skirt, but if you are careful then eventually they may decide to give the suggestion more thought and begin to see critique as more of a way to help them make something better as opposed to something they must defend...I think we've all been there and if we haven't, we will..one day we'll be working on something and someone will say something then we'll flare up, it is the inevitable test.

If they do react rudely then you can either try to negotiate as to why you said that while adding a bit of sugar to calm them down, or you can choose to move on and leave them to their devices.

The purpose is to improve moderation on the Steam forums as well as to discuss the funny and appalling intellect of most of its users. I posted it in offtopic for a reason, mostly to vent it out.

"This seems like a bullying kind of thing..."

Agree.

This kind of post dont help to the community.

"This seems like a bullying kind of thing..."

Agree.

This kind of post dont help to the community.

They don't, and neither does your trolling on everyone's threads.

For example, the other day I announced Masaketsu's and I's UI2 mod. Otacon then derails the entire thread using disinformation (similar to what he is doing right now), trolling and flaming members because he doesn't understand what a donation is. http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/13/46476145531730146/

This is an old steam thread with donate sub-debate.

Why you don't reply to me on steam instead on BIS forum?

Are you triying to destroy mi "reputation"... ;) how old are you?

Dont be a child and dont do things like this when the people are disagree with your ideas.

Be mature please.

That is just a misunderstanding blown up, a better response would have been how the donate button is there only so that if people wish to donate then they may, it is not a requirement unless an emergency case.

The fact of the matter is that the community has never publicly done this before, and we've had a debate of paid user content going on for a long time, since 2005 if not earlier..donations vs charging vs other methods and nobody can come to a consensus, so when a donations button crops up it is sure to draw some attention.

Edited by NodUnit

That is just a misunderstanding blown up, a better response would have been how the donate button is there only so that if people wish to donate then they may, it is not a requirement unless an emergency case.

The fact of the matter is that the community has never publicly done this before, and we've had a debate of paid user content going on for a long time, since 2005 if not earlier..donations vs charging vs other methods and nobody can come to a consensus, so when a donations button crops up it is sure to draw some attention.

If he wanted to discuss the donation button, he didn't have to derail an entire thread and post hateful comments towards us. His behavior is barbaric, you just haven't witnessed it.

Exactly this is the main point about donation on the thread sub-debate.

Exactly this is the main point about donation on the thread sub-debate.

What?

You completely destroyed a thread because you didn't understand what a donation was. You can't justify that moronic behavior.

A forum isn't a place to wash your dirty laundry. Keep your conversation to PM guys.

A forum isn't a place to wash your dirty laundry. Keep your conversation to PM guys.

This thread wasn't intended to argue with DJ Otacon; this is what he does though. He derails threads in order to start arguments.

Anywho, back on topic!

It would be in your best interest to contact a moderator and close this thread, go outside, take some deep breaths and relax.

You're only going to wind up in another arguement and it will go nowhere, you're going to wind in the same cycle as before and only become more frustrated.

Edited by NodUnit

Back on topic:

Create a thread to criticize the community "steam" just because you do not like is ridiculous.

I do not waste my time with something that I do not like.

Just understand these criticisms from the arrogance and poor education.

^ Agreed, you didn't. The topic point is motivation enough however, steam

community forums need better moderation. There are too many people with

a half conclusive ideal or bias whom later back out of their argument with a

irate attitude simply because they didn't favor the courtesy of criticism and

due credit, instead trolling or reporting one another's posts to win their case.

I find that steam's posters are often more akin to mainstream users than all

the hardcore, loyal-to-realism output developers who spend their time on a

project and simply want proper feedback. I also feel that people are in high

abrasive mode, pursuing not the original point of topics but favor derailment

to satisfy their half (again ^ aforementioned idea) baked bias / emotion use.

My 2 cents.