Sign in to follow this  
AttentionHorse

Official launcher isn't working

Every single one of my friends has the same problem: we click the "Open Launcher" option, then we can see the Launcher on our taskbar but can't do anything with it - it's just constantly minimized and the only thing that we can do is close it. It's a shame, I really wanted to use it.

Any ideas?

I recommend you don't use it unless you want to experience blue screen of death crashes when you click multiplayer :/ the game is currently unplayable and is utter bull**** i recommend you stick to not using the launcher.

Is there any fix for the bsod when clicking on multiplayer? I tried before using the launcher and was getting bsod. The launcher does work for me though.

Every single one of my friends has the same problem: we click the "Open Launcher" option, then we can see the Launcher on our taskbar but can't do anything with it - it's just constantly minimized and the only thing that we can do is close it. It's a shame, I really wanted to use it.

Any ideas?

same here. nothing, nada...started the launcher via steam- same problem.

Mine works... Well sort of. The launcher launches with everything running, except the visual display. All the buttons work along with the cursor, but there is no visual display.

Launcher is working for me... or sort of... It does run, but the I click on "Play" and it crashes. Plus there are no addons in the addons tab, and it says "Steam is in offline mode", but my Steam client is online and showing my friends activity and so on.

Plus there are no addons in the addons tab, and it says "Steam is in offline mode", but my Steam client is online and showing my friends activity and so on.

Same for me. :(

Launcher is working for me... or sort of... It does run, but the I click on "Play" and it crashes. Plus there are no addons in the addons tab, and it says "Steam is in offline mode", but my Steam client is online and showing my friends activity and so on.

+1, same problem for me

It doesn't work for me either, and crashes when I click play, it does work for others though so must be something common amongst us, or with our systems that cause it, too tired to think bout it now, not that I'm overly worried about it.

I must be part of the lucky few that has the launcher working for them...somewhat...addons won't update for me.

My problem is it starts the game and when I try to join a MP game, a box opens on the upper right saying BETA- blah, blah, blah... Then it says You were kicked from the game. Tried this numerous times.

Amazing how bi add shit people don't want, VR battlefield, seriously?

Same for me. No Workshop mods visible. At the bottom of the Launcher windows it says Steam is in offline mode, which isn't true. Then I get a popup window:

"Error - Steam service unavailable. Please make sure Steam Client is running."

If I click OK on error window, launcher exits/crashes. But the game will start if I click Play.

Edited by OMAC

Well, there was a request, I should upload some of my mods to Workshop. So tried that new launcher. I got minimized icon after a while, that I can only kill, and that's the only functional interaction with it. Now I read, it's probably good thing, that saved me further frustration due to other malfunctions. So, seems, I'm just another user with this problem. I hope, all this will be fixed soon. Waiting till then...

Same here

Task-Sign is visable in Taskbar but not maximizable and no interaction possible other than closing it.

Win 7 x64

I7 920@4.2GHz

ASUS GTX 780 Poseidon Platinum

Wait untill they fixed it and relesed an offical update ,just to be shure. They have to fix it any way....

I've the same problem since Friday.

The Launcher shows up in my taskbar, but won't open.

Steam says, I'm in-game but this is not true.

Everytime I start the launcher, I see 2 times that it has stop working :'( Plz BI fix !!!

Any update on this, BIS? Hasn't worked for me since day 1 release on dev branch. Still the same experience in subsequent updates (and stable branch, ofc), and a reinstall. I've even been contacted directly from a BIS dev asking for error logs. Yet quite a while after it's official release, it's still not working, and there's still not been one bit of info about it. (or even a "known issues" update)

Sure, I don't need it. But it's certainly frustrating when I have to direct connect to someone else's PC, just to gather screenshots for our groups tutorial on it. What's more frustrating is the radio silence concerning it. If it wasn't done, it shouldn't have been released.

Edited by TheCapulet
orthography

Hey there BIS developers!

Nice of you to make sure we can't choose anymore to either launch the launcher or play the game whitout!

Launcher looks nice and stuf!

But PLEASE make sure that it works befor ;)

Current issuese I have with it:

Steam is always ofline in it (but im NOT playing in ofline mode at all believe me i checked)

Launcher crashes when i click Launch.

I would add the mdmp and RPT if i knew where to put it...

please fix this!

KBBW