Sign in to follow this  
AttentionHorse

Official launcher isn't working

This exactly this.

After today's update I can't even get in the game.

Windows 8.1 launcher crashes every time I try and hit play. No log files.

Hey there BIS developers!

Nice of you to make sure we can't choose anymore to either launch the launcher or play the game whitout!

Launcher looks nice and stuf!

But PLEASE make sure that it works befor ;)

Current issuese I have with it:

Steam is always ofline in it (but im NOT playing in ofline mode at all believe me i checked)

Launcher crashes when i click Launch.

I would add the mdmp and RPT if i knew where to put it...

please fix this!

KBBW

So I too am having problems. My steam updated my Arma 3 so when clicking on the Arma 3, it launches the BIS launcher. Initially it works going in the main menu of Arma 3 (with no addons turned on). For some reason, now when I click "play", it launches all my addons and it crashes when loading the game (stuck at the black screen with the Arma 3 logo), had to force close it via task manager. Kindly note that the addons part of the BIS launcher has nothing listed despite it now loading with the addons and that my addons are in my root Arma 3 folder with the "@'s".

Same thing happens when I launch via Arma 3.exe within the root folder. I'm not sure if it is some mod incompatibility but I had no issue with my addons and was able to play fine prior to the update. Anyone having similiar issue or able to enlighten me on my issue?

p.s - I use Windows 7 x64bit

update: I deleted all my addons and it works fine now. Does the new patch cause conflict with addons or something?

Edited by Nickobus
additional information

If I launch directly from the arma3.exe it launches but I am unable to get into any multiplayer games.

The launcher says "Steam is in offline mode" my steam is not in offline mode.

When I click on addons it just says "Initializing Steam service..."

Having the same issue since the update as of today. Launcher crash immediately after pressing play. The game never loads up.

Today I just got the new update. As usual I want to join our server - so I open PWS and press "Join." Now I get the new launcher opening. Why and what the heck? And it doen´t work?

No matter how many times I open arma3launcher it showes Steam is in ofline mode. It´s not. I can´t save my parameters and I have to start all over each time. But for no good at all. It crash.

That mean I cant join our server with my mod setup. The launcher isen´t working and I can´t launch the game with mods. Do I have to go back to the old way and do the line? -mod=........? That would kill it for me and my friends.

Why do we have to use the arma3launcher and don´t get the choice to use arma3,exe?

Are you trying to kill PWS, witch have served you for many years?

I do not want to be forced to use you fancy steam, but be able to use PWS or any other client.

PWS works if you go to game settings and untick launch with Launcher thingie

PWS works if you go to game settings and untick launch with Launcher thingie

Thank You. That did it. :bounce3: :yay:

Same here. When starting Arma3 from Steam the launcher crashes. I cannot start ArmA3.

This is since the today's update.

Could you please fix thet asap?

To day update broke my Arma 3 cant launch game and I get all ways this message 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired after verification of files.

So I too am having problems. My steam updated my Arma 3 so when clicking on the Arma 3, it launches the BIS launcher. Initially it works going in the main menu of Arma 3 (with no addons turned on). For some reason, now when I click "play", it launches all my addons and it crashes when loading the game (stuck at the black screen with the Arma 3 logo), had to force close it via task manager. Kindly note that the addons part of the BIS launcher has nothing listed despite it now loading with the addons and that my addons are in my root Arma 3 folder with the "@'s".

Same thing happens when I launch via Arma 3.exe within the root folder. I'm not sure if it is some mod incompatibility but I had no issue with my addons and was able to play fine prior to the update. Anyone having similiar issue or able to enlighten me on my issue?

p.s - I use Windows 7 x64bit

update: I deleted all my addons and it works fine now. Does the new patch cause conflict with addons or something?

So after trial and error of many addons, it seems the Brazilian Defense Force mod was the one causing the crash. Not sure why but just thought I should add that information.

The launcher is fixed.

Not for me. In fact now, when launcher is supposed to be the only option to launch the game via Steam, it is impossible to launch Arma 3 via Steam at all. Luckilly I'm using custom Launcher anyway.

me too only i can do is to close it.........................BIS plz fix it ASAP

If you don't like the Launcher or it's just not working, you can add Arma as non-steam game:

Click Add a game -> Add a non-steam game... in the Steam game library.

Click Browse... and navigate to your Arma installation location and select Arma3.exe. Click Add selected programs.

"arma3" appears in your library.

You can right-click it and change its properties, like the name (Arma 3 - No launcher) and copy+paste any startup parameters to the end of the target line from the actual Arma 3 entry (the launch options).

The game then launches without the launcher and seems to working just fine.

Anything Steam related, like workshop and steam overlay, may or may not work properly because Steam doesn't know you're playing one of its games.

Edited by Greenfist

I cant get launcher to work but I don't care as I use .bats to launch as a .bat can launch with priority set at high.

Can't you right click in task manager to do that?

I haven't used the launcher more than once anyway.

Can't you right click in task manager to do that?

I haven't used the launcher more than once anyway.

Yes i could "every time i launch the game" or i can make a small txt file that does it for me :)

ArmA just updated... Crash! NO ARMA!! Cant load!!!!

Launcher is still broken for me on stable build. Says Steam service not available - offline, which is not true. :(

Edited by OMAC

to all who have problems with launcher

try to delete the conf files (make backup first)

Arma3.cfg/ xxx.Arma3Profile/ xxx.vars.Arma3Profile

then start the game and let them build new

that fixed all problems I had

to all who have problems with launcher

try to delete the conf files (make backup first)

Arma3.cfg/ xxx.Arma3Profile/ xxx.vars.Arma3Profile

then start the game and let them build new

that fixed all problems I had

Thanks for your adwise.

But no, it did not work.

Still can't see the window, although the cursor and taskbar symbol is visable.

Mine is working perfectly, but it does not load the addons that have not been downloaded by steam, then use the ArmaASync.

Had a problem with the 3ds Max 2015, he did not open the program, it gave me error, after searching informed me that http://4ufree-software.blogspot.com.br/2011/08/aio-runtime.html program installed and it worked perfectly.

Detail, I had already installed this "All in One Runtimes - x64" before updating the ArmA 1:26, I believe that is why my running.

You could try the link above is for x86 and x64.

The program analyzes and installs only what is necessary

sorry for my english

Just letting you know BI - Launcher is still completely broken and never maximizes from the taskbar, it's unusable.