Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

Ok thanks for the clarification. When I took out the ragdoll mod I normally use I noticed some really good ragdolls from explosions and assumed it was "tpw fall" that was producing those effects. IMO those were near perfect and ive been trying to recreate them not knowing it was the base game. Seems to me 1.24 screwed up yet another aspect of the game.

I am not sure if this is the place to report a bug...

anyway, I just restarted the main campaign, I am on Survive and in the mission where you were in a submersible (called Wet Work, I think). I weren't given a wetsuit when I went to the armory, so when I am in the water I am swimming quite slow. The AI is fine despite not having one as well (only Lt. James have one, those Brits :( ) In the end they swim ahead and I missed out most of the action.

I think it might be better to give player a wet suit so they can catch up with the AIs :)

Ok just updated the game from 1.22 to 1.24 and the dissapointment is very heavy. First of all performance is worse than before and I truly can't understand why the performance is getting worse rather than better.

Why BIS? Why?

I won't start about all the mods that don't work anymore.

So dissapointed right now :(

Edited by Nikiforos

Ok just updated the game from 1.22 to 1.24 and the dissapointment is very heavy. First of all performance is worse than before and I truly can't understand why the performance is getting worse rather than better.

Why BIS? Why?

I won't start about all the mods that don't work anymore.

So dissapointed right now :(

Dude, are you serious? What's your fps now? 1-3? Because it seems to drop severely with each update:

1.04:

"Lost 4-5 fps"

1.06:

"New patch update - Same or slightly worse performance. Altis benchmark gives me 2 fps less than before."

1.08:

"What a joke BIS , I get worse performance with the latest patch. Instead of improving and optimizing the game it get worse. "

1.10:

"I got the opposite results and lost 3-4 frames. "

1.14:

"Performance for me is worse than before the update We are talking about 2-3 less FPS."

1.18:

"Performance seems the same or slightly worse. "

"mine is worse than before the 1.22 update"

1.24:

"First of all performance is worse than before"

I myself have only measured 2-3 increase since 1.00

Lol, nice investigation over there you should work for secret service or something:j:. My frames are -25 if you would like to know.

No but seriously 1.24 decreased my frames by 4-5 FPS.

No but seriously, that's very hard to believe. Or maybe I'm just lucky because my fps just stays the same or increases.

Well, since we can't really install multiple/revert backwards in dev builds like we could with ArmA 2, it's not nearly as easy to compare builds performance-wise.

Personally I have not seen a noticeable performance increase since Alpha -> Beta jump. If anything it's gotten worse.

No but seriously, that's very hard to believe. Or maybe I'm just lucky because my fps just stays the same or increases.

I guess you are lucky then

My performance did decrease a bit with 1.24. Maybe 5 fps when just alone on altis. Of course I can't do any tests to compare, but before on devbranch I was really impressed with my fps - was getting in and around 53-55 fps with standard+ settings on a laptop. But then after switching to stable and updating I was getting 48-49 fps. Still nothing to whine about, but not as good. That's the first time I have noticed any performance loss due to an update however.

It is sad to see BIS developers making arma 3 more complicated than it has to be with the new fatigue and weapons sway system. First of all, any person who's ever been combat knows when you're adrenaline is rushing your ability to shoot is greatly enhanced. Never my life have I ever ran hundred or more yards stopped and had my ridicules sways much as they do in this game. It is blatantly obvious the people who developed this new weapon sway mode has no clue or has never been in any kind of combat situation. Even with a sniper rifle or any Weapon system , you lay down In a supportive position you will not have any weapons sway other than from your breathing and that is little to none. Any other scenarios, 90% of the time you are taking a supported position whether it be your magazine resting on something or your arm being used as the support to stabilize your weapon or the rifle resting on a static object (windowsills, stonewalls, branches of trees, hoods of vehicles, ect...) to improve stability while shooting. Even when you're kneeling and shooting you have three points of contact that help stabilize the rifle.

As for the fatigue system I understand that you can carry 100 pounds worth of gear I still have the same amount of stamina as you did in the beginning. But if you sit and relax for a minute issue release be able to jog across the road or Sprint across the road. adrenaline yet again will give you that extra energy to make those small bursts of speed to get you where you need to go. I believe that a lot of other people in the community believe that this system that you have implemented has totally turned this game into a arcade-ish style of spray and pray game mode. Not sure where you're getting your research from but it might behoove you to actually interview real military personnel who actually have been in combat and not sit behind a desk collecting a paycheck. Just food for thought as a concern player!

Without playing since upgrading my clã stoped, play in vanilla mode is for noobs thank you BIS fuck up our fun.

:( disappointment

Don't know if someone mentioned it already, it's just a very minor "issue". You can access every button in A3's main menu with the arrow keys but it just skips the "Learn" button making it not accessible by keyboard. Nothing major, I've just noticed because I tend to navigate by keyboard through the menu. :)

Don't know if someone mentioned it already, it's just a very minor "issue". You can access every button in A3's main menu with the arrow keys but it just skips the "Learn" button making it not accessible by keyboard. Nothing major, I've just noticed because I tend to navigate by keyboard through the menu. :)

Seems to be fixed in the Dev branch already.