Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

The head bod is there to simulate a disruption of concentration which happens while running in real life.

Your eyes will compensate the shakiness of your view in real life but your ability to visually concentrate on your surroundings will be smaller.

Because you don't have to physically run and concentrate on your movement in the game you "need" some workaround to simulate the reduction of your visual concentration.

Of course, for some people it is also an eye candy.

However, I don't want to derail this thread so...

EDIT:

I agree with the rest of your points.

Head bob is almost certainly in the game because it makes it look cinematic. It was introduced at a time when several other games were doing the same thing.

If they just wanted to lower your situational awareness they could have blurred the edges of the screen or something and not given the option to disable it.

Head bob is almost certainly in the game because it makes it look cinematic. It was introduced at a time when several other games were doing the same thing.

If they just wanted to lower your situational awareness they could have blurred the edges of the screen or something and not given the option to disable it.

Blurring the edges does not prevent you from seeing the centre of the screen clearly.

However, lets not derail this thread.

We all have different opinions. Thank you for yours.

Instead of going slowmove you could maybe make the character move more irradic and slows down for a few meters (to catch a deep breath) and then run faster again for a short period.. up to the point you are so exhausted that you can't stand anymore and have to crouch and refill the fatique.

If you get fatigued enough, you're screen will blink black (see nothing but black) and a few short seconds later your char will go prone if you try to move. But first comes the heart-pounding-sound. I tried this with an MG. I tried to lie still, in prone position, after being exhausted and the fatigue didn't seem to go away after doing so for a minute.

This tests my patience and I have none.

The change IMHO kills open-world missions. If you aren't within 500m of your AO, you are never going to get there by foot.

Dropping into AO within 500 metres in something like Domination/Invade & Annex means instant death.

If you get fatigued enough, you're screen will blink black (see nothing but black) and a few short seconds later your char will go prone if you try to move. But first comes the heart-pounding-sound. I tried this with an MG. I tried to lie still, in prone position, after being exhausted and the fatigue didn't seem to go away after doing so for a minute.

The change IMHO kills open-world missions. If you aren't within 500m of your AO, you are never going to get there by foot.

Dropping into AO within 500 metres in something like Domination/Invade & Annex means instant death.

This just plainly isn't true.

Don't sprint for 500 metres with 100s of pounds of gear on your back and you won't be dead tired by the time you get there. The fact that this was possible before in-game doesn't mean that it was a good thing.

This sounds like what happens in ACE2 for Arma 2. Are you sure you aren't talking about that?

What a load of exaggerated and false bullshit.

During my tests it took exactly 2 minutes and 55 seconds to fully rest in prone position from 100% fatigue to 0% with a soldier that had 92% load (machinegun, AT, full backpack, full vest etc.). If I dropped my pack during the resting I was able to fully recover in 30 seconds (I haven't even dropped my AT launcher).

With such a brutal load (imagine in real life), I was able to run 570 meters (with weapon lowered) before fully fatigued and even when 100% fatigued I was able to run constantly 9kmph until I was getting bored (i could run forever). I wasn't using sprinting obviously as that would be completely stupid at such distance.

I guess you should start playing better designed missions that does not require packed-like-a-mule rambos constantly running around and shooting like in Battlefield. Also, why does servers hosting such game modes aren't disabling fatigue is a mystery for me. They can already do that with this if I am correct (problem solved for all the twitch shooters).

Also, there is no completely black screen when completely fatigued. Only darker edges that goes away quickly so you must have been playing with a mod or you simply made things up.

And if you have no patience, I wonder why do you ever started with Arma in the first place. This game has always been about patience.

Edited by Bouben
grammar

Yeah, that falling over when exhausted is because the Improved fatigue system mod is running.

Yes, I'm running a bunch of mods and can confirm that my screen goes black for a sec every 3 secs when I'm fatigued.

I'd rather respawn than wait for fatigue to cool down.

I'm running in combat stance all the time (because clearing town). If I do anything else, I'm dead as soon as I see an AI or he sees me.

I haven't played online for a good while. I get bored without mods.

Much more fun to play around with scripts etc in editor and fire up some big-butt-war.

Yes, I'm running a bunch of mods and can confirm that my screen goes black for a sec every 3 secs when I'm fatigued.

I'd rather respawn than wait for fatigue to cool down.

I'm running in combat stance all the time (because clearing town). If I do anything else, I'm dead as soon as I see an AI or he sees me.

I haven't played online for a good while. I get bored without mods.

Much more fun to play around with scripts etc in editor and fire up some big-butt-war.

Don't load yourself so much, then.

I play SP only atm, LMG, ammos, a backpack half full. That is all. I NEVER have more than 10 sec cool down on fatigue by simply managing my movement.

Basically, all your personal equipment should fit in your uniform or your vest, if it doesn't then leave it. Use a backpack for extra items. E.g. for the blackfoot down mission in the campaign, all your equipment (first aid kit, magazines, grenades) goes in your vest and uniform. In your backpack you put the toolkit and explosives, make sense?

Back from holiday. Bootcamp update: Prologue and Virtual Reality was fun. Too bad it wasn't in the release of the game. But nice that BIS made it. It's a good way to start learning the game for new players. Don't much use mods or addons these days. So my life didn't collapse when some addon doesn't have sound now. They will fix it anyway.

I cant sent AI flying anymore... using grenades or satchel charges at their feet. Is this intentional? Or something broken with ragdoll?

I cant sent AI flying anymore... using grenades or satchel charges at their feet. Is this intentional? Or something broken with ragdoll?

Its the new Pseudo Ragdoll system since Patch 1.24 ...total super FPDR

The weapon sway in this patch is way to much, especially while prone. Prone weapon sway should just be up and down at a slight angle, not going side to side and all over the place.

check it out (had to delete link due to only having just created an account)

I'm guessing that this addon won't work with online games?

I'm guessing that this addon won't work with online games?

No, it won't.

It's worth nothing that the sway is currently undergoing changes on the dev branch. You might want to check it out there and give feedback in the related threads.

The sway is execive and playing coops vs AI that is still after all these years dead eye shots at long ranges is just silly. The way the sway work seems to be random. In real life I can somewhat anticipate the sway as I feel the weapon while now in ARMA it feels more like a game of wack a mole then shooting even in prone position.

The sway is execive and playing coops vs AI that is still after all these years dead eye shots at long ranges is just silly. The way the sway work seems to be random. In real life I can somewhat anticipate the sway as I feel the weapon while now in ARMA it feels more like a game of wack a mole then shooting even in prone position.

The sway isn't random.

The sway isn't random.

Yep. Here's a post from the weapon sway thread roughly outlining the sway patterns in various stances.

Its the new Pseudo Ragdoll system since Patch 1.24 ...total super FPDR

Ok, not to go off topic but when did Arma 3 ragdolls send dead bodies flying from explosions? I have NEVER seen a dead body be forced back by an explosion without a ragdoll mod installed. Was it implemented in a certain update?

It has happened in the past just not very often and usually not in circumstances that would normally occur in a military fire fight.

@SouthernSmoke,

Yes it has happened before, but as Imperator_Pete said, it didn't happened often which is why it kinda slip under the radar until I tested putting satchel right under their feet.