Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

Yes especially for MG gunners and for Snipers - also this doesnt mean that all weapons should use bipods , only MGs and Sniper Rifles

Bipods and weaponresting are quite common within the military, why not include them?

Much more realistic than many of the changes that we have seen in the past.

RiE, did you ever try out ACE2 for ArmA2? If not, please do and check out the weaponrest there.

Thanks for the tip! Yes, we've taken a look at a bunch of community solutions, but, so far, we'd prefer to avoid scripted solutions for core features. As we mention in previous reports, the animation system is itself being refactored under-the-hood, which should give us some more (or rather, better maintainable) gameplay options.

Development is ongoing in parallel, so while Helicopters DLC's RTD and Firing from Vehicles are the next 'big' features, progress is being made on our longer-term objectives, too.

Best,

RiE

^^

Bipods and weaponresting are quite common within the military, why not include them?

Much more realistic than many of the changes that we have seen in the past.

Because in this virtual environment is is nothing more then variables (and a bipod graphic) to recude recoil/sway, same can be achieved with holding breath (but then for a short duration), making it more fair and challenging.

Because in this virtual environment is is nothing more then variables (and a bipod graphic) to recude recoil/sway, same can be achieved with holding breath (but then for a short duration), making it more fair and challenging.

Technically yes but bipods are part of the military - its like taking away body armour because in the game its just damage modifier

also arma 3 could get some simulation of bullet - not meaning penetration or drop but bullets are very sensitive to the weather and with the actual environment

seeing dayz getting weather that affects bullets , this could be possible

Edited by RobertHammer

Finally ,.

1: Devs must change slow-mo on some different animation loop such as tired and wounded walk, they must say sorry to players for this sadly error, because slow-mo isn't realism, as most of them here trying to show and explain for us.

2: Sway and fatigue features must be switchable for server admins, cause Arma3 got a lot off different players and different fighting styles. They must do this if they want to be tolerant with ppl who spent own time and money on Arma.

and pls dear Devs change the compass, and one more now we can't fight - shot under water, because under water gun with 20 bullets mag don't work.

Edited by keeper

Finally ,.

1: Devs must change slow-mo on some different animation loop such as wounded walk, they must say sorry to players for this sadly error, because slow-mo isn't realism, as most of them here trying to show and explain for us.

2: Sway and fatigue features must be switchable for server admins, cause Arma3 got a lot off different players and different fighting styles. They must do this if they want to be tolerant with ppl who spent own time and money on Arma.

and pls dear Devs change the compass, and one more now we can't fight - shot under water, because under water gun with 20 bullets mag don't work.

????????

????????

He doesn't like the current slow-mo animations (which look a bit odd, ideally they would have new animations for slower movement.) Though he also appears to be claiming movements don't slow down at all when you're tired, something along those lines.

He wants it to be possible to disable (it already is).

And I don't know about the last bit, what's up with the compass. And why does the SDAR not work?

And I don't know about the last bit, what's up with the compass. And why does the SDAR not work?

than go and try to check this in Arma !!!!

Keeper, you were talking about how you can only walk (very slowly) when badly wounded, right?

In that regard, I agree with you : it felt less odd in Arma2 where you would have to crawl when injured.

Keeper, you were talking about how you can only walk (very slowly) when badly wounded, right?

In that regard, I agree with you : it felt less odd in Arma2 where you would have to crawl when injured.

when we are tired,. we must walk with tired animation loop,.. when we are wounded,.,. also with wounded animation loop,.. what is this slow - mo!!????

,. we are not in cinema right !!!!??

Edited by keeper

Yah, the slomo kinda starts looking pretty weird as the fatigue continues to increase. At the low-med levels of fatigue it's not so noticeable, but ideally a new animation for tired walk/run (not sure most people run when tired, but still) could be implemented.

That's seriously the best you can come up with? There was no heavy lift helo in Arma 2 vanilla either.

BluFor have a transport helo, as do the other teams. BIS picked their content pieces to fit into the storyline they had decided upon for this iteration of the Arma games. Just because your favourite military toy didn't make it into the game doesn't make the game shit.

Goddamn some people are so precious.

It's not minor. Why does the more poorly equipped faction have the only heavy helo? Why are so many weapons reused? Where is the insurgent (AKA redfor rebel) faction like in A2 and A1? Where is weapon resting? Where is female civilians? Where is anywhere near the same amount of civilian vehicle variety? Where are fighter or fighter/bomber aircraft? Where are any motorcycles or bikes? Why are so many Armored vehicles for different factions retextured copies or at best the same vehicle with a different turrets? Why does everyone use the exact same static weapons? Where are the full size static artillery pieces like the D30 or the M119 from A2? Where are the TOW equipped patrol vehicles/MRAP's?

There is a downgrade to the amount of content from A2 and obvious missing enhancements like weapon resting , even if you don't care about variety in the same types of weapons like different faction static weapons, there are whole categories missing like Artillery pieces. That's not an opinion you can write off, it's demonstrable fact.

And it is not being unreasonable to want at least equal amount of content to the last game.

I LOVE Arma 3, but it is really missing a lot and it doesn't feel complete without mods like I said.

It's not minor. Why does the more poorly equipped faction have the only heavy helo? Why are so many weapons reused? Where is the insurgent (AKA redfor rebel) faction like in A2 and A1? Where is weapon resting? Where is female civilians? Where is anywhere near the same amount of civilian vehicle variety? Where are fighter or fighter/bomber aircraft? Where are any motorcycles or bikes? Why are so many Armored vehicles for different factions retextured copies or at best the same vehicle with a different turrets? Why does everyone use the exact same static weapons? Where are the full size static artillery pieces like the D30 or the M119 from A2? Where are the TOW equipped patrol vehicles/MRAP's?

There is a downgrade to the amount of content from A2 and obvious missing enhancements like weapon resting , even if you don't care about variety in the same types of weapons like different faction static weapons, there are whole categories missing like Artillery pieces. That's not an opinion you can write off, it's demonstrable fact.

And it is not being unreasonable to want at least equal amount of content to the last game.

I LOVE Arma 3, but it is really missing a lot and it doesn't feel complete without mods like I said.

Have you ever even played Arma 1? First of all, there was no OPFOR ("REDFOR") rebel faction in it, the partisans were added in the Queen's Gambit expansion. Also, the number of vehicles, weapons, buildings and other assets (clothing, static objects and such) reused from Arma 1 to Arma 2 is incredible. Pretty much the only thing that was added in Arma 2 is a few new weapons (AKM, AK-107, etc.), air vehicles and uniforms. Maybe some others too, but I won't go and check each and every single one.

Additionally, the Arma series has never ever had full-on bombers. The A-10 is a CAS aircraft that can carry bombs and so is the Frogfoot. What are you expecting, B-52s and Tu-95s? As for fighters, the only real fighter jet in the series was the F-35 in Arma 2 and it sucked. Not because of how it was made (it was pretty kewl with its VTOL mode and everything) but because of the concept itself - jets going at 900 km/h simply don't work in Arma.

Arma 3 might be lacking MRAPs with missiles and heavy transport aircraft (though Arma 2 only had the C-130 for BLUFOR), but at least its content is mostly original and not just reused. Quality over quantity.

Well, just posted a video on the VR part of this that lead into a design rant...

Guys, calm down. This is feedback for the update. Not about how things are reused since that didnt happen in this patch. So please take that to the correct thread. Thanks.

Would be nice in Virtual Arsenal to have the scopes/laser&light/silencers option when clicking "uniform", "vest" and "backpack" too. Now we can't for example add an extra weapon flashlight to a backpack if we have a laser on the rifle.

Edited by Alex72

Have you ever even played Arma 1? First of all, there was no OPFOR ("REDFOR") rebel faction in it, the partisans were added in the Queen's Gambit expansion. Also, the number of vehicles, weapons, buildings and other assets (clothing, static objects and such) reused from Arma 1 to Arma 2 is incredible. Pretty much the only thing that was added in Arma 2 is a few new weapons (AKM, AK-107, etc.), air vehicles and uniforms. Maybe some others too, but I won't go and check each and every single one.
This is an important point insofar as what BI meant by quality over quantity -- for the most part (I think it's the Mora and Hellcat that were declared exceptions) the assets are new-to-the-series and designed/modeled for RV4, instead of being reused/touched-up models made for RV2 about halfway in the series' life. I believe (don't you hold me on this) there's even a quote somewhere with a dev essentially calling Arma 2's level of content an anomaly that wouldn't be repeated...

Add a load indicator to the arsenal.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/SFiuOOL.jpg (231 kB)

for ingame use with the new arsenal ammobox function for zeus/editor (where no "TRY" button is available)

It would be nice to somehow customize the default groups in the editor using the Virtual Arsenal, also wish uniforms could be separated as pants/tops.

Launcher won't start. Just sits there minimized and unable to open - Ideas?

Sometimes game crashes on start with no error or anything besides the usual "Arma 3 has stopped working". Anyone else got this problem? Only happens after new patch.....................

Edited by YourFriendRussian

I was just playing with the site modules. I set up an AAF base and engaged it with an air plane. Funny thing: Seems like some of the Greenbacks stationed in the watchtowers panicked and took the "Emergency Exit", i.e. they were walking through the walls and fell on the ground like lemmings. Didn't notice that behaviour before but I must admit I've never actually engaged a base filled with module generated guards.

2014-07-19_00001uzk52.jpg

when we are tired,. we must walk with tired animation loop,.. when we are wounded,.,. also with wounded animation loop,.. what is this slow - mo!!????

,. we are not in cinema right !!!!??

Coming up with new animations is expensive.

Personally, I'd much rather BIS focus their limited resources on things more important than a minor cosmetic issue, especially when that minor cosmetic issue would cost a lot to fix.

The VR Training and Arsenal reinforces how unsatisfying the ragdoll animations are.

Characters frequently ragdoll into an unnaturally contorted pile of limbs. The pattern the ragdoll takes is often predictable regardless of how the doll was shot. It's always as if someone glues their feet to the ground and then flips a switch that turns them off so they just go limp, and collapse into a pile.

If you'll excuse the pun, it really deflates the impact of killing other characters.

I just tried the new "prologue" missions to see what wonderful benefit I gained with this update. Considering it completely broke every single mod and introduced "features" that significantly decreased my enjoyment of the game I was hoping for at least a good couple of missions to play and what do you know...They are unplayable. So with all the negative bs 1.24 forced on us the missions gained are BROKEN. How is that possible? Introducing this update which forces so much negative side effects and it's not even finished. I can't even play the first mission! Within 5 minutes into this new "campaign" I can't proceed any further. Unbelievable.

SouthernSmoke, I believe that you may have a problem with your game, seeing as I'm reading your posts just hours after completing the mini campaign.