Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

Educate yourself, it has been posted over and over, endless times that one guy did that in his spare time, seriously!

Jona, their is no excuse for that. Why would it matter if it was one guy in his spare time? He works for BIS. This would effect a whole company im not going to have sympathy for one person their.

This was a very stupid decision and a slap in the face to the whole community aswell. Releasing stuff without testing is downright shamefull.

Grace might be ranting a bit, but he is correct.

Educate yourself, it has been posted over and over, endless times that one guy did that in his spare time, seriously!

Educate Myself? Did you even read the post about why i'm making the comments even if joe blog has already posted about them? your answer suggest you didn't or you simply do not understand it therefore I suggest YOU look into further education.

Again, as has been stated over and over, to make improvements to sounds it requires a config change, they released the information and the necessary steps a month ago.

Really? funny how JSRS has one of the if not THE most realistic sound mod available, and as far as i'm aware he did not have to change Arma 3's entire config.

They just put more realism into the game, literally the biggest thing in the bootcamp update is the weapon sway.

Please tell me there un-realistic weapon sway that they have just put in is not your valid reason to discuss that it makes this entire game much more realistic?

If it takes 0 effort it takes 0 time, why are you complaining? It's a feature, deal with it.

It appears you know absolutely nothing about the arma community and its efforts to make the game what it should be, can I suggest you look into educating yourself in this matter before making embarrassing comments such as that.

Again, educate yourself, they just completely changed the mechanics of the game to make it less like a "quick run around shooting FPS game". And how could this post be taken in any other way, you said it yourself it's a rant.

Please do explain with your extensive Arma knowledge what COMPLETE changes to the game mechanics have been made to make this game Less "quick run around shooting FPS game". And if you read properly what I had said you would have also seen that I was expressing MY Opinions and Disappointments in relation to what Arma 3 should Be as this is a FEEDBACK thread.

Lol, anyway I'm loving the bootcamp update, the VR Arsenal is great, I'm easily amused and happier for it, maybe the icons on the left could be a little bigger? My eye sight is not as good as it used to be. The VR option makes perfect sense for testing things, but please give option to remove random stuff, and im really liking the new FIA, my new favourite faction! For now the new launcher crashes when i click play but not bothered.. nice work BI, games coming along, really looking forward to more updates, keep on truckn!

Although why BI wouldn't put their own weapon resting mechanic in is, to me, a little boggling. Unless they want to make people pay for it when they release the Marksman DLC... Cynical? Moi?

No, just uneducated. It was said many times that functionality will be free for everyone, content will be paid. Plus there luckily are WR mods right now, so it's not such a big an issue.

I think BIs approach to ArmA 3, although not the worst I have seen, is a little puzzling; releasing a game with a lot of bugs and not really addressing them as well as they could despite having the means to do so, no proper (or at least decent) medical system, comm's system, weapon resting or bi-pod feature, no campaign upon release, no training scenario/bootcamp missions on release for the new-to-ArmA players. It's only about 10 months late (if you go by official release date and not the Alpha and Beta releases), so better late than never I suppose.

The game was quite clearly the on with the least number of bugs in history of the franchise. You can not compare it with far less complex games... The rest is history :(

I remember ArmA 2, while it had its problems when released, being handled better; it had a campaign, tutorials and was an improvement on ArmA 1. It seems that BI have not learned any lessons from the release of the last two titles and have released an unfinished game still dependent on various mods (depending on the individuals tastes) to make it play better. But again, this is a debate fro another time.

Are you sure you have played A2 after release? That game really WAS bugged a lot. The lack of campaign after release of A3 was not good, that's true, hard to say to what degree it was forced by the unfortunate events in Greece.

As for the mods - do you really expect the game-makers to suit the game for every taste? Do you know about any game that did that? It seems to be a bit unrealistical...

That doesn't mean that some things (IMHO weapon resting and better medical system) are sorely needed.

This VR update is a basically a blank map and 3D blocks released untextured which requires 0 effort to do (correct me if I'm wrong map makers) and was it anything on the bug fix list? No, was it adding any new or improved military simulation?, No. Infact its gone the complete opposite way, "lets make a Update for the game simulating you're in a game, like MCC sandbox but without textures, oh and we will F**k all the sound up for the modding community".

LOL. Update only added an empty world? :D

read the change log:

Added: Virtual Reality world

Added: Bootcamp "Prologue" mini-campaign

Added: ZGM 4+1 Bootcamp multiplayer training

Added: 8 VR Training lessons

Material Penetration

Placeables

Launchers

Target Designation

Commanding - Movement

Commanding - Behavior

Commanding - Actions

Commanding - Vehicles

Added: VR Zeus multiplayer scenarios

ZGM 16+2 Master Virtual Reality (AAF)

ZGM 16+2 Master Virtual Reality (CSAT)

ZGM 16+2 Master Virtual Reality (NATO)

ZGM 48+2 Master Virtual Reality

Added: Virtual Arsenal

Added: VR soldiers and character entities

Added: Objects specific for VR (large blocks, covers and markers)

FIA fraction has been revamped:

Added: New uniform for FIA AT Rifleman

Added: FIA Offroad, Quadbike and Truck camo versions

FIA soldiers have randomized headgear and facewear according to their classes and possible headgear-facewear combinations

Added: 3 new FIA stashes

Added: Repair variants of Offroads

Added: Various facewear available in profile (balaclavas and bandannas with various glasses)

Added: 3 new music tracks

Virtual Reality digital Arma 3 theme

Splendid Split theme

BI 15th Anniversary theme

Added: Various VR-related sounds for triggers

Added: New English protocol of Dan Brown

Added: Camo variants of M320 and GM-6

Added: Misc. objects

Winner's podium

Trophy

White tent

Tyre barriers

Kart tires

Kart steering wheels

Car batteries

Kart trolley

Kart stand

Pieces of exercise equipment

Water coolers

Large food container

Added: 14 Bootcamp-related Steam Achievements

Added: Game Launcher

Accessible via a non-default Steam launch option, or by starting arma3launcher.exe from the installation directory

This adds support for add-ons in the Steam Workshop

Overhauled: Weapon Sway

Overhauled: Fatigue

Added: Controls action for locking turret on an object

Added: Turret locking ability for the UGV RCWS

Added: BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia now loads description.ext CfgUnitInsignia classes

Added: BIS_fnc_animateTaskWaypoint

Added: Switching to driver / gunner after PIP click (AV Terminal)

Added: Sound for Scalpel missile explosion

Fixed: Zone restriction module not working after respawn

Fixed: Adding items to ammo box in Zeus didn't work correctly

Fixed: Showcase Vehicles: Player could not get in the ship

Fixed: Aim precision values for pistol crouch and launcher standing stances to match values for other weapon types

Fixed: Broken size of the hint area when a hint and its sub-hint were used without any other hint between them

Fixed: DLC Bundle duplicity in Expansions menu

Fixed: Scripting error while browsing respawn menu

Fixed: Respawn menu was sometimes too slow

Fixed: Live-feed and Skirmish module category

Fixed: Duplicated inventory item in action menu

Fixed: Intentionally negative rating used in DM missions is no longer displayed in the debriefing

Fixed: "End Scenario" module used wrong ending type

Fixed: Showcase Zeus was not marked as completed when player left after a task told them they could

Fixed: Ordnance module was using effects incompatible with the Zeus Ordnance module. Explosions will now be stronger, but existing missions won't be affected unless you edit the module in editor and save it again.

Fixed: RscTextCheckBox spam in RPT when opening GUI editor

Fixed: Empty reflector in Helicopter_Base_H

Fixed: Last bullet still visible in Rahim's magazine despite it being empty

Fixed: Error in modules while reading CfgAddons

Fixed: Binoculars and NVGs were not added correctly to ammo boxes

Fixed: "Watch Direction" sentence in Radio Protocols

Fixed: Missing icons in Field Manual in Russian localization

Fixed: Hint in AV terminal no longer overlaps the terminal menu

Fixed: Scripting error when attempting to open non-existing inventory

Fixed: Opening a loadout with specific weapon types (i.e., weapons classes with attachments already on them) caused container magazines not to be loaded correctly

Adjusted: Environmental map on various vehicles

Adjusted: Materials of the small backpack

Adjusted: Capacity of inventory of copters

Adjusted: Alignment of cursor and optics for launchers

Adjusted: Volume preview samples and configuration in audio settings

Enabled fatigue parameter

New damage and destruction materials for all vehicles

Unused GameSpy IDCs removed

UAV terminals now have the correct author defined

Adjusted flare size, intensity and coloring of flashlight accessory

Cleaned up and restructured HUD config for PO-30 Orca

CH-49 Mohawk's inventory contains proper weapons, not OPFOR ones

Changed volume of reloading for most weapons

Revamp of muzzle suppressors (see http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23)

Overhauled inertia values for weapons and attachments. Main source of imprecision will be sights alignment, not sway distortion that will be elevated only with higher fatigue or arms damage in effect.

Assault Pack (Hex) should have the right texture

Changed volume of closure sounds

Minor volume changes of reloading sounds

Host server: Added port warning

Host server: Fixed conversion of labels to upper-case

Optimized turning animation aimPrecision to comparable levels among weapons (x2 when standing, x3 when crouched, x4 in prone)

Optimized aiming precision states for adjusted stances. Since they do not have appropriate turning animation stances configured their base precision must be higher than default stance, for else they will posses unreasonable advantage over default stances.

Decreased duty of running with lowered rifle in crouch position

Adjusted moving speeds and duty values of certain stances to prevent unintuitive discrepancies

Optimized prone stance adjustment poses aim precision

New post-process filtering for Radio Protocols

TRG correctly hides magazine when there is none in the weapon

maxZeroing parameter has been properly configured for all weapons

Hints and user actions have been unified for Disarm / Disable / Deactivation of explosives

Various fixes in Field Manual and hints

Minor changes in suppressors weights

Changed launcher hit mask

Decreased vertical movement of secondary weapon sway class

Attempt to fix several rag-doll issues by decreasing the magnitude of hit forces applied and simultaneous increase of mass for bones to prevent them from flinching wildly

Increased negative effect of damage over secondary weapon sway class. It should be hard to aim with crippled hands.

A little elf hiding some caps has been found and dealt with, thus the caps shall be available again

Facewear (former glasses) has mass correctly set

Potential campaign spoilers:

New head- and face-wear added to units in Patrol missions and in the “Adapt†armory

Tweaks in randomization, placement and compositions of enemy patrols in the “Adapt†Patrols

Fixed: Calling underwater damage on non-local submarine

Fixed: IRLaserOn action

Fixed: Game could crash after changing soldier's face type

Fixed: Car tracks are no longer drawn in the future

Fixed: Maximum inventory load threshold could be trespassed

Fixed: Traveling back to the past

Fixed: CTD occurred when ejecting a dead unit from a car (Zeus)

Fixed: Setting connection string when creating MP session from the game

Fixed: Prevent created agent from opening his gear

Fixed: Trigger pulling for normal man simulation tree

Fixed: Not showing cutscenes in the main menu

Fixed: Suppressors override weapon specific parameters, making initSpeed, hit and cost parameters work everywhere as expected

Fixed: Ragdoll false recovery

Fixed: Possible CTD

Fixed: Possible CTD in the Zeus map

Fixed: Adding corpses from disconnected players to disposeManager (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17532)

Fixed: Crash when segments don’t have a shape

Fixed: Issue with disabling moving of units outside Zeus editable area affected by the camera angle

Fixed: Setting of hair AtoC shader constants

Fixed: Action menu - heal is offered, while the new action is opening doors

Fixed: Exploit that allowed Zeus to move soldier groups using rotation even outside of the editable zone

Fixed: CTD when MP role had not soldier created

Fixed: Possible CTDs in Buldozer

Fixed: AT launcher - optics were misaligned with cursor

Fixed: Possible CTD

Fixed: Environment - Player is able to put items into gas pumps

Fixed: Recoil coef does not influence weapon behavior

Fixed: Missing recoil after turning (and some other animations)

Fixed: Undeletable profile in configuration

Fixed: Broken GunCloud, GunFire loading

Fixed: Copyright string in file properties

Fixed: Thermal Imaging from Laser Designator transferred to every scope

Fixed: Player observers now always send their target to the gunner

Fixed: An exploit in Zeus which allowed forcing players out of vehicle

Fixed: Possible CTD while finding a path in a house without a model

Fixed: healSoldier CTD

Fixed: Recoil direction when using iron sights

Fixed: Artillery target deleted to soon

Fixed: Player is unable to change weapons in fixed-wings

Re-fixed: Remote control using map

Fixed: Sound: Reloading can be heard far away

Fixed: Video playing when a video finished before its audio

Fixed: Possible CTD in Zeus map

Fixed: Weapon selection for pilot (seen mainly in Wy-55)

Added: Checks if objects are static in map (script commands)

Added: New script commands related to UAVs - connectability (isUAVConnectable, enableUAVConnectability, disableUAVConnectability)

Added: New scripting commands for working with mines (allMines, detectedMines, mineDetectedBy)

Added: Adding joined sessions to the Steam history

Added: New scripting command for getting a list of all diag modes (diag_list)

Added: New scripting command for reading configs into arrays with a filter (configClasses)

Added: isAutotest script command

Added: Support for spaces in mods in -mod= parameter as long as all the mods are quoted (e.g. -mod="Mod1; Some Other Mod;WeaponA")

Added: New weapon parameter maxZeroing (fixes a scopes zeroing glitch)

Added: New mapName parameter for SteamTags

Added: Stealing of UAVs (not yet configured in data)

Added: Ability to force difficulty for selected scenarios

Footsteps alpha and the ability for config to enable footsteps / tracks / blood in world definitions

Magazines slots should be highlighted the same way as other item types

enableFatigue true; doesn't reset fatigue anymore

Complete removal of the disabled GameSpy technology

Changed warning message when profile variable space is locked to be more helpful

Hiding lights for hidden vehicles

New command playerControlled (like the player command, but it will return the remote-controlled unit)

Overhauled weapon sway available (no inertia yet)

Hiding markers for invisible objects and simulation is enabled

Radio Protocol: Added parameter absolute angle into RadioMessageWatchDir

VON: Direct communication: Changed targets selection

+password and +connect now supported in connection string (so it's possible to join a server from Steam's browser)

Radio protocol: Changed parameters going to RadioMessageWatchDir

Radio protocol: SentCmdDeactivateMine

Tweaked: Spatialization of loud sounds

Removing UavPilot when a transport is destroyed

Unarmed UGV - broken follow command in terminal

Sound: Update to audio option previews, added stereo sample support

Tooltip for disabled difficulty options if difficulty is forced

Support for joining passworded sessions via friends / invites / Steam browser

Possible fix of crash during video playback

UAVs

Locked camera (added a new key binding to do that)

Locked camera - camera rotation precision improved

Locked camera - camera rotation set to zero when switching to manual view

Yeah, you're right. All I see is untextured rectangles. :D

And Karts was in fact ingenous way to test the new DLC method.

I don't know if the recent small update was a hot fix for 1.24 or not but the issue regarding targets refusing to fold when shot during the stamina demonstration persists for me. I reiterate, although this bug is small and does not affect everyone, it is very important that it is dealt with quickly so this introduction does not provide a tainted first impression for too many new/returning players.

At first the stamina update annoyed me. But, I know BIS has new programs with VBS2 that take a soldiers APFT scores into the game and it effects your characters performance.

With that in mind I tested the new update. I used the US Army's Air Assault school, 12 mile road march standard with a 25-30 pound ruck in under 3 hours. These are things that the average combat arms soldier can meet prior to the school.

Using the VR map in editor...flat surface, no clutter...I set a soldier off running for 2 clicks. First 500 meters he was strong, second he slowed down to a pace that would remain through the last click. I used only the second kilometers slower results. The character would have still finished the 12 mile ruck march in 2 hours and 21 minutes. Well under Air Assault schools standards (with probably more ruck weight in game.) BIS got the fatigue right and gave us gamers some slack.

Speaking from personal experience with shooting while winded and in combat, I don't remember my weapon being as willy nilly as this update. However, things seemed to happen all at once so I'm probably remembering incorrectly. However, I would trust BIS on this for one simple reason...placing a laser tracking system on the barrel and having a soldier fatigue himself severly just prior to engaging targets is not hard to do. Then the laser will give feed back on how the weapon behaved not just while shooting, but while aiming. They do the same thing with Olympic shooters.

Perhaps the update pushes further across the casual gaming boundry than most are comfortable with, but based on its accuracy so far, I can't deny it.

Edited by SabotAndHeat

Fatigue and weapon sway work for me, I find them fun and engaging, motivating me to play tactically. I hope that BIS will find a way to make it work for majority of players....

Well it doesn't work for me at all. Or for anyone who has ever actually run 100 meters and then fired a rifle. Again it is absurd. Wait, don't tell me, in the future people are grossly out of shape and elite operators are very weak....?

As it stands this woman is a better operator than any soldier in Arma 3...

Force Recon, running and gunning. Watch their rifles. They don't sway wildly from side to side like a drunken sailor.

I own and fire weapons on a regular basis. This last patch has significantly changed the game in a negative way.

Edited by PLeasant

I could see quite a bit of sway in the video, but it is hard to compare without having the game running in front of me. Is the problem for you the visible movement of arms or the accuracy? BTW how much weight is she carrying?

I have done quite a bit of airsofting, not that much of real shooting, so for sure I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert. I am very open to be enlightened :)

As it stands this woman is a better operator than any soldier in Arma 3...

And she still missses most of the shots...

I dig the update! Finally something to stop the super heavy loaded soldiers. Now to weapon inertia BI! ;)

i like this update.

Just set up a 3 FIA squad vs 2 CSAT mech squad fight over Feres and was pretty intense. With fatigue and weapon sway. It pays to take things nice and slow now.

I don't know what some people are complaining about. yes. weapon sway does make you miss sometimes but even so, I still managed to kill things. Just be less fatigued and things will be better.

Is it just me or do firefights seem longer now?

I could see quite a bit of sway in the video, but it is hard to compare without having the game running in front of me. Is the problem for you the visible movement of arms or the accuracy? BTW how much weight is she carrying?

I have done quite a bit of airsofting, not that much of real shooting, so for sure I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert. I am very open to be enlightened :)

Right. I'll just go back to Arma 2 for now. You are clearly more interested in towing the company line than responding to logical concerns of community members who have actually fired rifles after running. Expert or not, I can hold an M4 on a target 70 meters away after running a mile with 20lbs on my back. People in the military do it all the time. I've said it twice and I'll say it one last time, absurd. In the meantime, have fun playing "Drunken Sailor Shootout."

I think that the fatigue is more or less pretty good as is (not to say perfect, cause I don't think anything is perfect in life).

Sway, on the other hand, is a bit too much. I kind of remember being able to keep my rifle relatively steady, albeit with quite some effort. Perhaps the large sway is to make you put more effort into the shooting? Don't know if this is too good of an idea, the mouse isn't exactly a practical tool to simulate rifle handling.

Oh well, I for one welcome our new Fatigue overlords. For the sway, perhaps it'll work better with the inertia that didn't make the update(hopeful question mark right about here)

In the meantime, have fun playing "Drunken Sailor Shootout."

Thank you! We will most certainly have fun!

At first the stamina update annoyed me. But, I know BIS has new programs with VBS2 that take a soldiers APFT scores into the game and it effects your characters performance.

With that in mind I tested the new update. I used the US Army's Air Assault school, 12 mile road march standard with a 25-30 pound ruck in under 3 hours. These are things that the average combat arms soldier can meet prior to the school.

Using the VR map in editor...flat surface, no clutter...I set a soldier off running for 2 clicks. First 500 meters he was strong, second he slowed down to a pace that would remain through the last click. I used only the second kilometers slower results. The character would have still finished the 12 mile ruck march in 2 hours and 21 minutes. Well under Air Assault schools standards (with probably more ruck weight in game.) BIS got the fatigue right and gave us gamers some slack.

Speaking from personal experience with shooting while winded and in combat, I don't remember my weapon being as willy nilly as this update. However, things seemed to happen all at once so I'm probably remembering incorrectly. However, I would trust BIS on this for one simple reason...placing a laser tracking system on the barrel and having a soldier fatigue himself severly just prior to engaging targets is not hard to do. Then the laser will give feed back on how the weapon behaved not just while shooting, but while aiming. They do the same thing with Olympic shooters.

Perhaps the update pushes further across the casual gaming boundry than most are comfortable with, but based on its accuracy so far, I can't deny it.

Cool stuff. Its nice that even though you didn't dig it at first you were able to step back and look at it more objectively. Good point about the laser feedback. If you put a laser on a soldiers rifle during combat and were somehow able to track it, I am sure you would find that his aim would be all over the place. It always feels like you are holding steady and on target but that is not always what is actually happening. That's one of the reasons why people miss. Its like when you are taking a video with a cam corder. When your taking it you don't think its particular shaky. But when you re-watch it we realize its shaky as fuck.

Well it doesn't work for me at all. Or for anyone who has ever actually run 100 meters and then fired a rifle. Again it is absurd. Wait, don't tell me, in the future people are grossly out of shape and elite operators are very weak....?
If anything your vids support weapon sway. The woman misses and I doubt the marines are hitting anything. And both of them you can see that the weapons aren't steady. Of course its hard to tell from that perspective and distance but they are not perfectly steady. The smallest of touches throws a shot off.
Perhaps the large sway is to make you put more effort into the shooting? Don't know if this is too good of an idea, the mouse isn't exactly a practical tool to simulate rifle handling.

Precisely. Its to get rid of the mindless point and click. Of course the mouse isn't practical to simulate rifle handling and sway is partially abstracted. But there really is no better way I can think of. I would take this sway other dispersion any day.

Edited by -Coulum-

I can only imagine the fatigue+sway making PVP/TVT much more immersive as it will stop the "sprinting to better position" and encourage more methodical thought out movement? I guess true also for Coop and SP.

Dunno if any of BIS' art guys are reading this thread, but the VR entity units in Bootcamp caught my eye and I wanted to ask something:

Have you considered applying the shader from the VR entities (the weird shimmering one, or something like it) to the IR laser beam model used by weapon attachments?

I was just wondering how it might look if it works on the model, and whether it would give the beam a more dynamic feel than the current solid line. Obviously it could look like crap, but maybe one of you would be interested in giving it a try. :D

Right. I'll just go back to Arma 2 for now. You are clearly more interested in towing the company line than responding to logical concerns of community members who have actually fired rifles after running. Expert or not, I can hold an M4 on a target 70 meters away after running a mile with 20lbs on my back. People in the military do it all the time. I've said it twice and I'll say it one last time, absurd. In the meantime, have fun playing "Drunken Sailor Shootout."

That was unnecessary - I was really interested in learning what exactly is the problem from your point of view. Well, have fun with A2!

I had quite lengthy replies for each of these comments that you made about my last post, Faire. Then I got bored and had a beer and some fresh air and realised that although you come across as a bit of a tit and you completely mis-read my post, it would have gone too far off topic for the thread to carry on debating with you, even though you mis-understood the post.

Here are the quick and simple replies, apart from my last response. If you want the more detailed debate, then ask and I'll PM you. If I can be bothered.

No, just uneducated. It was said many times that functionality will be free for everyone, content will be paid. Plus there luckily are WR mods right now, so it's not such a big an issue.

That's nice.

The game was quite clearly the on with the least number of bugs in history of the franchise. You can not compare it with far less complex games... The rest is history :(

Yes we can.

Are you sure you have played A2 after release? That game really WAS bugged a lot. The lack of campaign after release of A3 was not good, that's true, hard to say to what degree it was forced by the unfortunate events in Greece.

Yes I did and I still think the release/content for A2 was handled better. I did not say it was a more stable game.

As for the mods - do you really expect the game-makers to suit the game for every taste? Do you know about any game that did that? It seems to be a bit unrealistical...

That doesn't mean that some things (IMHO weapon resting and better medical system) are sorely needed.

What the hell does 'unrealistical' mean? do you mean 'unrealistic'? Take a look in the mirror before you start calling people uneducated. Go back, re read my post and re-show, showing post more thoroughly understood. We pretty much agree on a few things. We just have a differing user experience of these games up to now.

I do not expect game makers to cater for all tastes at all and if you read my post more thoroughly then you'd see that I quite like the new update, although Bootcamp is a little late considering how long the game's been out and the new fatigue effects need a little tweak here and there, but I like it. Although the update spoiled my groups game session last night, we adapted and still had a good and enjoyable vanilla session and are updating our mods to address the errors that the update generated in the custom stuff. We've learned a good lesson about keeping better eyes on the forums. To repeat: shit happens. I am sure my group is not the only one in that situation either.

Still waiting on BI to pull their fingers out and develop a better medical and comm's system though.

Oh well. Time for another beer.

I can only imagine the fatigue+sway making PVP/TVT much more immersive as it will stop the "sprinting to better position" and encourage more methodical thought out movement? I guess true also for Coop and SP.

I certainly enjoy more realism, but i think the sway is a bit too "boaty". Would have like a bit more shaking (oscillating) instead. Also the fatigue is a bit weird. Weird in that you keep running but in slow-mo. Would been nicer (and easier?) to just switch the animation from sprint to run to walk the more tired you get.

But all in all a very nice update! Just hope we can get a "fetch VA loadout" drop down option in the unit window in the editor that fetch saved loadouts. :)

Dunno if any of BIS' art guys are reading this thread, but the VR entity units in Bootcamp caught my eye and I wanted to ask something:

Have you considered applying the shader from the VR entities (the weird shimmering one, or something like it) to the IR laser beam model used by weapon attachments?

I was just wondering how it might look if it works on the model, and whether it would give the beam a more dynamic feel than the current solid line. Obviously it could look like crap, but maybe one of you would be interested in giving it a try. :D

That would be much better even if it was blurry mishmash , still bettter than solid line

While we at it - we need visible laser pointers too

I certainly enjoy more realism, but i think the sway is a bit too "boaty". Would have like a bit more shaking (oscillating) instead. Also the fatigue is a bit weird. Weird in that you keep running but in slow-mo. Would been nicer (and easier?) to just switch the animation from sprint to run to walk the more tired you get.

But all in all a very nice update! Just hope we can get a "fetch VA loadout" drop down option in the unit window in the editor that fetch saved loadouts. :)

True it could be optimized a bit more, I'm sure that will happen, also fully agree on the fatigue as it does Currently feel like forced slowmo, I think it needs a dedicated animation for it to really drive it home, also true for the injured state where you are forced to walk, would be nice to have some sort of limp animation, it doesn't feel right when it goes to the normal walk.

D. Smithy> thanks for your attitude, I am sorry if I was obnoxious, it surely was not my intent ;) I guess it's alright to disagree to an extent - and actually now I understand your post better (like explaining what exactly you liked better about the starting state of A2).

Yep I am an ESL speaker, serves me right ;) If that was the biggest grammar mistake I made I am still quite happy. I guess I got a bit carried away because I have seen your point stated and answered so many times - I think every official statement about coming DLCs stated the functionality will be for free. Well anyway, enjoy your bear :cool:

BTW I totally agree with the laser thing, it is probably the one graphical glitch that gets on my nerves. I have no idea what exactly is the difference between A3 and say COD lasers but they feel totally different.

Good points, though I think a forced walk for extreme fatigue would perhaps be a step to far, especially as some of the included mission include 2k cross country romps! Forced walk for leg injuries on the other hand (as opposed to the forced crawl of previous games) would be welcome. If the devs wanted to include a 'limp' animation all the better! :)

Speaking of that VR shimmering effect...I immediately thought, "someone is going to turn that into a light redirection camo system" (or LiRCS for short. Feel free to use that mod community ;) )

Edited by SabotAndHeat