Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

It was known that the sound mods will be broken. I didn't notice vanilla sounds broken in any significant way during my play.

Fatigue and weapon sway work for me, I find them fun and engaging, motivating me to play tactically. I hope that BIS will find a way to make it work for majority of players...

Broken game for me is a game that's unplayable for some reason. Being forced to play with vanilla sounds (until sound mod authors cath up) is hardly game-breaking. I see nothing game-breaking with the current weapons sway - it might be against my play-style preference but that does not make the game unplayble as such, though I understand that a radical change will always make some people upset.

-----

Edit: it seems that JSRS has already been fixed.

Edited by Faire

Fatigue and weapon sway are absurd. (

What about 3DP? It's also "absurd". Let's cut out too?

Good initiative, terrible execution by BI.

Sorry, this far into the game's life it is unacceptable to introduce updates that break so many mods, especially with no real tangible benefits. Who the fuck needs a tutorial anymore? The game has been out long enough. What about the mods that aren't as popular or aren't being updated anymore? So now we just can't use them because of a stupid goddamn tutorial update? Tight.

Good initiative, terrible execution by BI.

Sorry, this far into the game's life it is unacceptable to introduce updates that break so many mods, especially with no real tangible benefits. Who the fuck needs a tutorial anymore? The game has been out long enough. What about the mods that aren't as popular or aren't being updated anymore? So now we just can't use them because of a stupid goddamn tutorial update? Tight.

Wow, I totally missed that! How did the tutorial part of the update break the mods? Which we affected?

So, they must stop update Arma3, because of outdated mods? Updates introduced on devbrach, right?

Weapon sway is just horrible - irl you dont swaying your gun left and right like a 80 years old guy , unless your hands are screwed

and fatigue is way too overdone - US army soldier who carried over 80 pounds/36kg in afghan could move 1km without getting exhausted

also arma 3 mass parameter isnt doing justice to this - it would need a special seperate parameter with weight to get more accuare result

Sorry, this far into the game's life it is unacceptable to introduce updates that break so many mods, especially with no real tangible benefits.

There are actually several benefits to this change. (See quote below.)

Btw. this config change was first announced four weeks ago:

Dear community members.

We are planning to release quite a big change to current muzzle accessory system in Arma 3 and it requires some changes in configs.

Weapons are not going to have any sound nor animation (including muzzle flash) if they are not configured properly. The configuration is pretty easy, it's just about copying sound parameters into a subclass of the weapon.

I have tried to document it to the best of my abilities on Community wiki, let me, please, know if there is anything missing :icon_twisted:

The point of this change is that, we are going to be able to define weapon-specific sounds for silenced weapons and it is going to solve some strange issues with weapon fire modes changing with suppressors. The change is going to take place on Monday 23. 6. 2014 in development branch; I am sorry for such a short notice but we wanted to let you know well before the Bootcamp update so that you can prepare your mods :icon_twisted:

It was also announced in SITREP #62 three weeks ago, including a link to the documentation.

Encoding Lead Petr Kolář announced before the weekend that we'll be making a change to the weapon accessory muzzle configuration for the Bootcamp Update (1.24). He included updated documentation on the Community Wiki to make the transition as smooth as possible for modders. While it's a tough call to affect existing user-generated content, the benefits are worth it. Weapon-specific sounds for silencers will be supported, and several issues with fire modes get fixed. The change is already live on Dev-Branch since Monday.

Of course it's annoying when your mods stop working, but no one can claim that this came completely out of the blue, and causing some slight inconvenience to people is no reason not to make improvements to the engine.

Edited by MadDogX

I really hope that BI will at least consider to revert the majority of the 1.24 changes back to 1.22. The majority of players seem to be unhappy and modders seem dissapointed. We as community can't afford to lose more modders as we already know some of them already left the scene.

I went back and compared the weapons sway in A3 now to the one in VBS2. And woah, it is equally bad for both, except Arma 3s is smoother and holding breath less effective.

Adapt and Overcome. Learn to play the new game. I am super satisfied with the new gunsway mechanics and fatigue, and if you "can't hit anything" you either aren't picking your moments, or you should switch to full auto. There's a reason why those modes were put on guns in the first place.

The only bad thing I -can- see is that this update is so far away from the guns DLC, which hopefully will bring the much desired weapons resting and bipod mechanics. Up until then, we'll have to cope. Especially high-mag optics are admittedly difficult to use now.

Other than the use of said high magnification optics, it works. Penalty for CQBing heavy weapons is still not high enough, though, I believe.

I'm gonna say again ,. Bohemia must kick all mdfkrs from the office - who made this last update, who made our game not playable!!!!, foolish opinion about game style such as run and gun just trying to hide so much errors and wrongs at last update, for example,. i think that run loop was just simply increased from 16 frames to 60 frames !!, anyone who have any experience with motionbuilder or maya or unity can explain you, that was just a increasing of animation clip and nothing more, if you assholes gonna show us that how we are tired then change the animation loop to be much realistic and true,. the best style for me in Arma3 is stealth, when i can move quickly hide and do my job with little guns such us Vermin SMG with SD and scope just for 100 m !!!! i prefer fight face to face with AI and you assholes gonna kill my game with your stupid initiatives !!!!!!

God Bless BIS and Arma3 and kick all assholes !!!

and nice now i got infraction for this post, just coze i tried to explain main pain and frustrating,... good job moders and admins good job !!!

Edited by keeper

Hey DarkSideSix what are you mean,.. !!?? runing 50 - 100 m just with standart ammunition - default ammunition !!! and then resting and breaks around 1 - 2 min before you will be able to run again,. and this on a map with hundreds km !!!!!,. why ??? for what ?? and this slow motion ,. isnt realism, movement looks as slow - motion effect but not realism., its looks as coders wrong !! repeat coders wrong !!!!!!!! also this stupid breathing sound ahhh!! uuhhhh!!! ohhh!!! ,.. IDIOTS !!!! just a idiots !! :(

and the weight of the gun, helmet, vest and plates, terrain..try to sprint in the sand with extra eighteen killograms, after jooging, crawling

Well, atleast maybe now there wont be so many AT snipers online and players will tend to take lighter loadouts.

I think the update is great, new weapon sway is amazing, fatigue system rewards specialized loads outs with a goal in mind. Keep it up BIS you're definitely on the right track here!

I really hope that BI will at least consider to revert the majority of the 1.24 changes back to 1.22. The majority of players seem to be unhappy and modders seem dissapointed. We as community can't afford to lose more modders as we already know some of them already left the scene.

If anything, they should tweak the weapon sway and animation slowdown values rather than completely roll it back. The initiative was good, they just overdid it.

As for modders being "disappointed" - disappointed with what? The weapon config changes mainly affected people who use mods that weren't updated. All the modders need to do is follow LordJarhead's example and adjust their mods to fit the new config requirements.

what about the freaking super tiny small microscopic nanotech compass of the map that nobody can't see sh*t? the zoom doesn't even work anymore, and even thou, it doesn't mather because you can't see s*it

anyways

the mini campaing was good tho

As for modders being "disappointed" - disappointed with what? The weapon config changes mainly affected people who use mods that weren't updated. All the modders need to do is follow LordJarhead's example and adjust their mods to fit the new config requirements.

Yeah but you have to remember that a modder is not getting any money for his work. Might be that he abandoned his mod and now that mod is unplayable , do you suggest we call or email the creator to adjust ? We can't expect everyone to follow every change made by BI. So let's say I play with 8 mods and now I have to reduce that number to 3 because they are unplayable now.

The sway and fatigue are huge steps forward in my opinion.

Now tactics other than just sprint all the way to the enemy base are more valid. Perhaps the fatigue could build up slower but yes it should have a impact on sway which is really good to see.

Plus now you cant just load the fuck up on all the big guns and rocket launchers and go out and rambo. Loadout weight is importnat. planning your ingress is important. SO freaking nice to play.

Yes I cant sprint up to enemies and kill them anymore, but I accept the change and enjoy the new thinking it demands. and mission makers have enablefatiue and setmaxfatigue commands at their fingertips to amend the mission to any play style.

nicely done BIS!

I think the stamina penalty is ok (the slowing down character part) but the swaying penalty is kinda over the top... but overall I like the change... though I do agree with this kind of sway, weapon rest mechanic is needed. And the AI, with stamina penalty in place, the AI need to have new routine to manage their group stamina.... or is that up to mission maker? Like setting their speed LIMITED in the editor?

I'm gonna say again ,. Bohemia must kick all mdfkrs from the office - who made this last update, who made our game not playable!!!!, foolish opinion about game style such as run and gun just trying to hide so much errors and wrongs at last update, for example,. i think that run loop was just simply increased from 16 frames to 60 frames !!, anyone who have any experience with motionbuilder or maya or unity can explain you, that was just a increasing of animation clip and nothing more, if you assholes gonna show us that how we are tired then change the animation loop to be much realistic and true,. the best style for me in Arma3 is stealth, when i can move quickly hide and do my job with little guns such us Vermin SMG with SD and scope just for 100 m !!!! i prefer fight face to face with AI and you assholes gonna kill my game with your stupid initiatives !!!!!!

God Bless BIS and Arma3 and kick all assholes !!!

and nice now i got infraction for this post, just coze i tried to explain main pain and frustrating,... good job moders and admins good job !!!

Sprint is used in combat for what is known as leap frogging, when you're running from cover to cover, when units go out they usually take it slow to don't get surprised, you will hardly see, a soldier packing a 3 days op gear, sprinting in open ground, in large distances in a battlefield, first of all, don't go out in the open running, when out in the open find concealment or cover and get to a safe position, move around the area slowly and carefully...if you wanna play rambo you got the wrong game, and wasted your money...you received an infraction cause you broke the forum rules, and cause you are kind of the only asshole here

How is performance with 1.24? Any improvements from 1.22?

How is performance with 1.24? Any improvements from 1.22?

On comparable scenarios / servers / playercount around 3-6 fps less for me :)

Sprint is used in combat for what is known as leap frogging, when you're running from cover to cover, when units go out they usually take it slow to don't get surprised, you will hardly see, a soldier packing a 3 days op gear, sprinting in open ground, in large distances in a battlefield, first of all, don't go out in the open running, when out in the open find concealment or cover and get to a safe position, move around the area slowly and carefully...if you wanna play rambo you got the wrong game, and wasted your money...you received an infraction cause you broke the forum rules, and cause you are kind of the only asshole here

Ckrauslo I have experience with Arma3 also long while with OFP ,. and I'm not searching for rambo style, I'm team player!, and don't waste your time and don't teach me how to ply in Arma !!! and of course i must say sorry if i broke the rules, but can't be patient and gently with all who gonna change and kill the game just for monthly payment!! and keep the tone man !!!!

Edited by keeper

On comparable scenarios / servers / playercount around 3-6 fps less for me :)

Oh God!! I hoped for at least the same FPS .. Just cancelled a new GTX 770 because of the latest update :(

Mate, in real life you wont be able to sprint as much as you want in the game, while carrying a almost 4 kg rifle, and mags, and a vest that will weight almost from 6 to 12 kg...while running up hill, getting down on the ground, crouching...mate you will be pretty sore in matter of minutes this way, take it slower, mind your gear, when doing a op that need too many gear use a small vehicle or stash your gear in a hiding area to be able to be re-supplying