Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

That's not a bad theory, did any of the other guys experiencing the bug play on the release candidate version?

Played with RC yesterday and didn't have any problems on the shooting range.

I'm gonna explain for Arma3 creators ,.. plss !! stop this stupid updating !! today i can't ply just coze my movement during game is slow ,. :( , as turtle on the road !!! stop!!!, dont do any updates if you can't do this properly. and kick your coders from the office,.!! i spent money on deluxe edition and DLC bundle thats all around 80 $ ,. and for what !!! for your stupid Updates !!??????? :mad:

Without updates, we'd still have... 2 factions, 2 guns, and like... 4 vehicles. Don't complain because it's not up to par with mass money hoggers like EA/DICE who managed to screw over the Battlefield series attempting to compete with the COD series even though they'd been doing just fine, until after BF2. Updates make the game better, however, sometimes they can degrade things a little, and that's where it's our job (Community) to take note, and let BIS know where the screw up's are so they can fix it. Screaming about it wont get you anywhere. Not only that, but your as slow as a turtle? Well maybe if you didn't push yourself so hard carrying all that gear thinking you could run for ever at lightning speed, you'd take notice that resting and taking breaks is a key part of Infantry tactics.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Was looking forward to the new balaclavas. But it turns out that they're unusable with basically any headgear, because (more or less, depending on the headgear) chunks of it are clipping through.

Also, BIS, do you intend on fixing the Raven vest ? It's still oversize with any of the uniforms, which is too bad, since it's a pretty cool looking vest.

- Weapon sway is way too much, was fine in 1.22.

- new Launcher crashes instantly on Windows 8.1

Not only that, but your as slow as a turtle? Well maybe if you didn't push yourself so hard carrying all that gear thinking you could run for ever at lightning speed, you'd take notice that resting and taking breaks is a key part of Infantry tactics.

Hey DarkSideSix what are you mean,.. !!?? runing 50 - 100 m just with standart ammunition - default ammunition !!! and then resting and breaks around 1 - 2 min before you will be able to run again,. and this on a map with hundreds km !!!!!,. why ??? for what ?? and this slow motion ,. isnt realism, movement looks as slow - motion effect but not realism., its looks as coders wrong !! repeat coders wrong !!!!!!!! also this stupid breathing sound ahhh!! uuhhhh!!! ohhh!!! ,.. IDIOTS !!!! just a idiots !! :(

Edited by keeper

I find this update a major change and an excelent update to avoid "run & gun" behaviours.

I want say thanks to the devs for this excellent update.

Hey DarkSideSix what are you mean,.. !!?? runing 50 m just with standart ammunition - default ammunition !!! and then resting and breaks around 1 - 2 min before you will be able to run again,. and this on a map with hundreds km !!!!!,. why ??? for what ?? and this slow motion ,. isnt realism, movement looks as slow - motion effect but not realism., its looks as coders wrong !! repeat coders wrong !!!!!!!! also this stupid breathing sound ahhh!! uuhhhh!!! ohhh!!! ,.. IDIOTS !!!! just a idiots !! :(

I just sprinted 50m, my fatigue rose to 15%, in 30 seconds of standing it was back to zero. Don't bullshit if you want your point to be listened to.

I just sprinted 50m, my fatigue rose to 15%, in 30 seconds of standing it was back to zero. Don't bullshit if you want your point to be listened to.

Forget it. Just by his reply, i'm done explaining to him. Anyhow, The new Fatigue is fine. Applying a little more caution and tactical movements will make a BIG difference in success on the battlefield. As for weapon sway, i can say right now, it looks excessive, only because we don't yet have weapon resting, which i predict we will see when we receive the Marksman DLC... But oddly enough now that i think of it, they probably should have left the Fatigue release for the DLC as well. Maybe... Idk. I like it so far. A few tweaks here and there BIS would be great, but it's good so far.

who gives em rights to spend my 30 sec or 1 min !!!!!!!! bullshit is their imagination about fighting, not my opinion !!! my opinion and my text is a pain about foolish movement during game !!!

Hey DarkSideSix what are you mean,.. !!?? runing 50 - 100 m just with standart ammunition - default ammunition !!! and then resting and breaks around 1 - 2 min before you will be able to run again,. and this on a map with hundreds km !!!!!,. why ??? for what ?? and this slow motion ,. isnt realism, movement looks as slow - motion effect but not realism., its looks as coders wrong !! repeat coders wrong !!!!!!!! also this stupid breathing sound ahhh!! uuhhhh!!! ohhh!!! ,.. IDIOTS !!!! just a idiots !! :(

Alright keeper, go ahead and pick up over... I believe it's 45% of your body weight in Ammo, Weapons, Armor, and general Gear. Running for 20 meters will be difficult, much less 100. Light Infantry... arent. They are made to work in small areas after being transported by vehicle to the AO. The exception to this is light recon, where you have significantly lighter loads and as such can run much further. That's a lot of weight for a soldier and that's why fatigue is so great. No, I don't like the backlash with aim sway, but it makes sense.

On to your bitching about the "coders";

Bohemia Interactive Studios is considered to be a smaller game company (compared to EA/Ubisoft/Etc.) and as such they have slightly more of a workload per employee. These employees consist of Graphic Designers, Game Designers, Programmers, 3d Design and Moddelling, Game Testers, Management, Marketing, etc......

That's a lot of people, in general, and they can't all interchangeably do eachother's job. On top of that, each work group has a certain task, and work towards that goal. Some fix bugs, others design more shit for the game, but the fact remains that they all do their part. The Karts DLC is a side project and as such doesn't affect the overall efficiency of the remaining workers, so don't let me hear you bitch about that. Also for aim sway and movement...

Movement is affected by Fatigue, Fatigue is created by excess movement or pain, including sprinting great distances and being wounded. If you are shot, it's going to be fucking difficult to shoot back, it happens. If you are running too much, go back to Battlefield because Arma is a game you take in strides. Sprinting everywhere makes you stupid, not fast.

who gives em rights to spend my 30 sec or 1 min !!!!!!!! bullshit is their imagination about fighting, not my opinion !!! my opinion and my text is a pain about foolish movement during game !!!

To quote the Royal Marines corporal who was just on TV "You are fucking kidding me"

To quote the fine words of Nick Medhurst.

"Off you fuck"

A 'Free Update'?

Stating that's it's free ... if a product requires fixing, then fix it, being free is irrelevant.

Except this wasn't really an update that fixed bugs. This was an update that added features.

Weapon resting/Bi-Pods is not and would not be a major mechanics change. It's an obvious part of anyone using a personal weapon in combat and should've been part of Arma 3 from the beginning.

Sure, but what does that have to do with this update whose features have been announced for over a month?

From our point of view (and I am sure from many others) we now have un-playable missions that a lot of people can not be involved with. This impacts A LOT of people not just 'a few modders'.

Some mod-devs will be working on new releases some may not be. A cessation of our Operations and an overall of the mods we use will now have to take place.

Welcome to the world of modding computer games. Sometimes updates break mods. There's really no way around it.

I'm ok with the bootcamp training and even some updated stamina effects (although they are grossly debilitating right now.). However, it boggles my mind that BIS is making this update and other future DLC's when its missing so many basic things that are being ignored.

How about a Medical module? i.e. better treat options and anims / drag / carry?

How about a SecOps module?

How about a Ambient Combat module?

(I'm especially confused by the helo and marksmanship DLC. They seem too specialized, while overlooking other sorely needed more general features.)

The medical module in Arma 2 was pretty bad and made it so that players were incredibly unlikely to be killed. It was basically a L4D/Borderlands style downed player system. Drag and carry options were cool, I guess, but utilizing them was more likely to get both players killed than not.

Did anyone use the SecOps and Ambient Combat modules in a serious way? They were kind of fun to mess around with, but I didn't see many (any?) missions incorporating those modules.

Also, The helo DLC is supposed to be adding TOH flight dynamics and the ability to fire from cargo positions in vehicles, which are two of the most frequently requested features for Arma 3.

To quote the Royal Marines corporal who was just on TV "You are fucking kidding me"

To quote the fine words of Nick Medhurst.

"Off you fuck"

Don't argue with the freshie. He will only bring you down to his level. Let it go.

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

You gave them rights. You paid 60 currency for the product. Now if you excuse me, i'm going to continue laughing and eating my noodles. Also, InB4 Infrac.

-- Alright keeper, go ahead and pick up over... I believe it's 45% of your body weight in Ammo, Weapons, Armor, and general Gear. Running for 20 meters will be difficult, much less 100. Light Infantry... arent. They are made to work in small areas after being transported by vehicle to the AO. The exception to this is light recon, where you have significantly lighter loads and as such can run much further. That's a lot of weight for a soldier and that's why fatigue is so great. No, I don't like the backlash with aim sway, but it makes sense. --

negative,.. i was only with low ammunition without bagpack,. i was MG gunner,.. and with default configuration of mags inside my pants and vest,. so before you will start to speak with me as old arma player be sure that you are already tested game and have rights to speak about this problem!!! and again about coders,. thats was wrong with animation their just increase animation loop and nothing more..

-- Don't argue with the freshie. He will only bring you down to his level. Let it go. -- i am not fershie you freaking asshole,.. i'am old ofp player and i know how to ply be sure!!!

Edited by keeper

- Weapon sway is way too much, was fine in 1.22.

- new Launcher crashes instantly on Windows 8.1

- walking sounds are broken too (vanilla)

- fatigue is way to broken, ever tried to do a mission with the ai (they're moving in slowmo...)

to be continued.

Thoughts about new update:

AWFUL

Sorry but that's my opinion of how it plays at the moment.

I understand the thinking behind the updated fatigue system but its just making the game frustrating and unplayable.

With a loadout that's only half of max you can only sprint a few metres before your aim is like a drunk on a boat in a storm.

You can't run between two rocks for cover and barely make it across a street before waiting a minute while you catch your breath.

Honestly its like a military simulator for retired soldiers.

EVEN in combat pace which is about the speed of walking and designed for CQB you can only manage a few metres before you're huffing and puffing!!!!

All movement speeds feel slower than real life. Sprint is like a jogging pace, running is like a fast walk and walking is so casual that its only useful in cut scenes!

Really, what the hell is the point of walking pace??!?! WHO EVER USES THAT????

I understand you want to make it more tactical and I agree but its still a GAME that you can bend the rules a bit and have these soldiers a bit fitter...

I've been playing this series of games since OFP back in 2001 and this is the first time I feel like looking for another game to play...

I am getting BSOD whenever I click on multiplayer.

Specs:

2x GTX 680

i7 4770k

8gb 1600mhz ram

Gigabte g1 sniper m5

120gb ssd, 180gb ssd, 1tb hdd

I'm also getting BSOD every time i press multiplayer on that launch menu.

Got similar specs as you:

GTX 770

i7 4770k

16gb 1600mhz kingston ram

msi z87-g45 motherboard

I'll try to find the crash dumps but they don't seem to save for some reason when I get the BSOD

AWFUL

I understand the thinking behind the updated fatigue system but its just making the game frustrating and unplayable.

With a loadout that's only half of max you can only sprint a few metres before your aim is like a drunk on a boat in a storm.

You can't run between two rocks for cover and barely make it across a street before waiting a minute while you catch your breath.

EVEN in combat pace which is about the speed of walking and designed for CQB you can only manage a few metres before you're huffing and puffing!!!!

All movement speeds feel slower than real life. Sprint is like a jogging pace, running is like a fast walk and walking is so casual that its only useful in cut scenes!

I understand you want to make it more tactical and I agree but its still a GAME that you can bend the rules a bit and have these soldiers a bit fitter...

I've been playing this series of games since OFP back in 2001 and this is the first time I feel like looking for another game to play...

Most of this is true, and yeah, while the update was good in my opinion, things liek sway and fatigue could use that nerf to make it a bit more endurable. Much like how Arma 2 had it, you could run, but you'd have to catch your breath before you could shoot, unless they were like, 20-15 feet away.

BIS, now you need to balance it out. On another note...

That's, really never occured to me that walking could be fixed. I mean, i've seen soldiers in real life walk, and i know how they hold their rifles a certain way, but yeah, that makes sense, it is kinda slow.

What the fuck happened to your guy's computers? Everything runs great for me, and I'm getting better performance since the update. New fatigue is great, actually encourages players to keep close tabs on their carried weight

I agree the weapons are just a little bit too unstable while fully rested, but they get realistically more unstable as you get injured/fatigued. Perhaps the fatigue should increase and decrease slightly slower, and we really need weapon resting but besides that I love the update.

New VR stuff is amazing too. I get 115 fps in the virtual reality map.

The Virtual Armory is also a huge relief for mission makers who want to accurately customize loadouts without doing lots of scripting, and you can save the Loadouts and players can use them for Zeus! Great stuff.

Also, BI announced that the update would break weapon sounds as long as 3/4 weeks ago. Your mod maker would have to be pretty negligent to have not updated their mods by now.

AWFUL

It's interesting how an update like this really draws certain play styles out of the woodwork.

I and others don't have a problem with this update, but there are those such as you who are longtime players of the series that do a have a problem. Despite both parties being long time players, there must be a difference in how we played. One party has always taken advantage of one's ability to sprint and shoot gratuitously, and the other played slower and more deliberately. Now finally an update has changed the rules, and what was once possible is now difficult. The party that has been prepared for these conditions all along loves it, and the party that now must adapt their play style is complaining.

My first bit of advice is to try giving it an earnest attempt. Try changing your style of play. I promise you the game does not have to be "frustrating and unplayable". I have been playing with the fatigue updates just fine. It's only unplayable is if you continue to, fruitlessly, force a play style that simply no longer works.

Second, let's try to avoid hyperbole when giving feedback. Sprint a few meters = can't hit the broad side of a barn? Come on now. Give actual metrics and why you believe they should not be that way.

Combat pace is not to be used 100% of the time in a CQB environment. Combat pace is not just about your movement speed, it's about having your weapon ready to fire in a stable position while moving. That is no easy feat. Use combat pace when rounding corners and clearing rooms. Stop frequently to check your 6 and/or the map. You will suddenly find that you're not out of breath constantly anymore.

My final point is that we should not be hearkening back to OFP or any other previous game as a reason to not make changes in the present. I don't know if you were implying this or not in your post, but there are people that have been, and it's simply a logical fallacy that results in no innovation or progress.

Edit:

I also want to nip in the bud a possible response to my post. I talked about how one play style is no longer viable in the game. Maybe one would ask "Why is BIS forcing a play style on us? Why take away a play style?" In fact, BIS has crippled the run and gun play style while also opening new ones, in addition to enriching the tactical depth of the game by making gear considerations a legitimate element of play. The problem with the run and gun play style is that there was little reason not to do it before. That means if you weren't doing it, you were at a disadvantage to those who were doing it. This is speaking in PvP terms, but the same logic can be applied to any mode. The game starts feeling arbitrary when you're not doing something that you could be doing. Why jog to this objective when I can sprint to it and not be any worse for wear?

With this update, carrying a light weapon such as an SMG gives you real advantages. You can dash around CQB environments much easier than a rifleman could. Before the update, a rifleman could do just as much dashing, and their higher calibre weapon made it pointless to ever carry an SMG. Now there is diversity. You can carry an SMG that does less damage but lets you be more agile in combat. You have advantages over your opponents, and they have advantages over you. That is good gameplay.

Edited by vegeta897

Personally I like the new weapon sway mechanic but my opinion may change in the future.

Weapon sway: if you increase it, make sure you provide a way to counter it. As it is, it's just a bit too frustrating. Make sure the hold breath and weapon rest work before you push such a change...

My opinion is changed every time when i failed in something.. but this is Arma.. and opinion changes again when i'm starting to handle situation. So, if we will play with ignoring of fatigue and consequences we will never succeed.

In VR paperdoll "Try" thingie, shooting (any of) the example guys made their launcher texture switch to something else :confused:

359x.resizedimage359x.resizedimage

Weapon sway: if you increase it, make sure you provide a way to counter it. As it is, it's just a bit too frustrating. Make sure the hold breath and weapon rest work before you push such a change...

You can already counter it. Maybe I have a leg up because I also play Counter-Strike and counteracting recoil is second nature, but the regular sway is damn easy to counteract, and you can still take somewhat accurate potshots with heavy sway if you can find the rhythm of it.