Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

Not a single positive feedback on the latest update.Not very encouraging if you ask me.

Then I can chime in. Really love the fatigue and stamina update! Damn it's tough now to aim and relax in the heat of the battle! Well done :)

Then I can chime in. Really love the fatigue and stamina update! Damn it's tough now to aim and relax in the heat of the battle! Well done :)

Hey yeah, no more sprinting around with a bag full of rockets.

Light infantry ftw.

Blue screen of death and reboot after hitting the Multiplayer button.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

i5-4670

8G RAM

Wow, is this a BI-Bash thread or are we communicating constructive criticism here? oO

Anyway, I liked the small Bootcamp campaign, it was well done, introduced some cool stuff and was entertaining as long as it lasted. I liked the prequel story thing. And so far no issues. The Virtual Arsenal thing is not really interesting for me yet but still a cool addition.

The new unit insignia thing is cool as well, I'd only love to have the choice where to apply it (I mean if left, right or on both sides). I know, the right side is reserved for squad insignias but I don't play / develop MP so I don't really care for that. (Even thought about utilising the squad.xml stuff so I'd have the same icon on both sides of a uniform.) Apart from that there's still this "shining halo around insignia" bug which was mentioned in the DevBranch thread already.

However, there were some minor changes that affected my own scripts. Seems like one or two uniforms have been replaced, i.e. the same classname leads to a different uniform now. And the overview picture doesn't match the actual clothing yet. I'm referring to "U_IG_Guerilla3_2" for example.

Then there seem to be new headgear / goggle randomisation scripts in place for FIA units. I'm sorry but I have to say it bluntly: That sucks! Mainly because removeHeadgear / removeGoggles or addHeadgear / addGoggles commands applied from init line or right after spawning the unit (in a function etc.) have no effect. I have several scripts that "personalise" units or load gear from the last mission (in a campaign structure) right from init. Now I have to postpone everything to the mission start, or even add one or two seconds of sleep to let the stock randomisation finish.

I don't really get why that was added. As much as I love the new balaclavas etc. (good work!) there has been the same discussion regarding the randomisation of cars or civies. As to my knowledge, at least for cars, this randomisation was removed. It's just a minor issue but still annoying for editors in particular.

Apart from that I'm quite happy with bootcamp, especially the new animations and new content that I can take apart when I have a minute or two. :)

Edit: Oh, and I,ve noticed the slow-mo fatigue animations as well. Looks a little bit weird to be honest. The weapon sway thing looks great though.

Edited by IndeedPete

There is a way to disable randomised headgear, this setvariable [something or other I can't remember]; It was posted in the devbranch forum.

There is a way to disable randomised headgear, this setvariable [something or other I can't remember]; It was posted in the devbranch forum.

Ah, I'll search around a bit, thanks for the info!

For example, a guy standing in a tower, or crouching behind a low wall is at a great disadvantage compared to soldier full prone out of hard cover.

It makes defending from cover a bad tactical choise --which makes no real world sense.

Very good point.

I run an on-line mili-sim community.

We use a collection of mods that enhance our Operations and make them very immersive.

This latest 'update' has rendered EVERY mod we use completely useless.

Every sound is gone from everything we use.

As the gaming communities around the world have kept Arma alive over the last 10 years, it's it VERY disappointing that BiS have released an update without considering the impact on the mili-sim and other communities, groups and individuals who have put a LOT of time, effort and money into their communities and mission making.

There will be actually thousands of people all over the world who will be VERY unhappy with this latest 'update' which hasn't really updated that much at all apart from more 'Karts' for kids stuff and a boot-camp tutorial that not many people will actually use or need. (unless for a bit of fun?)

Fatigue and weapon sway? Ok, but how about Bi-Pod and Weapon resting?? A whole lot more practical and of use than more KARTS stuff and bootcamp.

More consideration and thought is a must when altering a product, as it will effect thousands.

Disappointing really.

D

ExpBG

Suggesting that BIS should follow the modders work rather than improving the game as they see fit is a bit weird...

Besides, pretty much all mod devs are updating their weapon addons for v1.24 - what's the big deal?

Not a single positive feedback on the latest update.Not very encouraging if you ask me.

I, for one, thought the new mini-campaign was brilliant. And I really appreciate the new VR 'island'.

Suggesting that BIS should follow the modders work rather than improving the game as they see fit is a bit weird...

Besides, pretty much all mod devs are updating their weapon addons for v1.24 - what's the big deal?

The big deal is he is not informed at all and he doesn't know what is going on while overreacting on the forums.

I am getting BSOD whenever I click on multiplayer.

Specs:

2x GTX 680

i7 4770k

8gb 1600mhz ram

Gigabte g1 sniper m5

120gb ssd, 180gb ssd, 1tb hdd

I run an on-line mili-sim community.

We use a collection of mods that enhance our Operations and make them very immersive.

This latest 'update' has rendered EVERY mod we use completely useless.

Every sound is gone from everything we use.

As the gaming communities around the world have kept Arma alive over the last 10 years, it's it VERY disappointing that BiS have released an update without considering the impact on the mili-sim and other communities, groups and individuals who have put a LOT of time, effort and money into their communities and mission making.

There will be actually thousands of people all over the world who will be VERY unhappy with this latest 'update' which hasn't really updated that much at all apart from more 'Karts' for kids stuff and a boot-camp tutorial that not many people will actually use or need. (unless for a bit of fun?)

Fatigue and weapon sway? Ok, but how about Bi-Pod and Weapon resting?? A whole lot more practical and of use than more KARTS stuff and bootcamp.

More consideration and thought is a must when altering a product, as it will effect thousands.

Disappointing really.

D

ExpBG

BIS announced the weapon config changes well in advance. It was up to fixing a broken system, or leaving it broken so it didn't disrupt a few modder's days. In addition to that, many of the most popular pack's authors have announced their plans to update quickly to accommodate now that the update has been released. (not sure why more didn't take care of it sooner, as it was documented for quite some time)

Bi-Pods and weapon resting were never announced, and it's silly to be so demanding from a totally free update. And we all know not to expect major mechanic changes like that outside of DLC/Expansion territory.

I feel like your whole complaint centers around the fact that you've no patience for free content (mods, free major updates, etc).

Personally I love the update. The mini-campaign is awesome and features such as the game launcher and gear customization were long overdue. Just because there's mods for that doesn't mean the vanilla version should not have them.

Good job BIS.

- OPFOR armor is now even higher then before (try to shoot a normal opfor guy, how much center mass shots u need?) (comon 1-3 bullets should do with MX)

- Pawnee Rockets do way too less damage

- Gunners / Copilots still cannot eject

- Stamina is incredibly low now. after 50m sprinting u are out of breath. Its ok to have it way lower then before, but pls increase it for around 20% again.

- oh just realized, but at least i LOST around 4-6 fps in a static scenarion after the update.

For me its more ruined now then better.

This strange training facility (even forgot the name) most ppl wont use anyway.

just my 2 cents.

Edited by KrAziKilla

Hmm, I seem to have the same problem some others are having with the targets refusing to topple when shot during the stamina demonstration which means the mini-campaign cannot progress. I know others don't have this issue so I wonder what the differing factor is. Could it be that those without the issue were previously on dev-branch or something? I don't know how widespread this problem is but it is worrying to think that people returning to the game for the Bootcamp, because they found the learning curve too frustrating, might encounter the progress halting issue.

Hey guys,

Your comments are duly noted.

I believe you may have missed the point I made though.

I was talking within the context of CONSIDERATION, I did not say any update should only be for modders.

A 'Free Update'?

Stating that's it's free ... if a product requires fixing, then fix it, being free is irrelevant.

Weapon resting/Bi-Pods is not and would not be a major mechanics change. It's an obvious part of anyone using a personal weapon in combat and should've been part of Arma 3 from the beginning.

From our point of view (and I am sure from many others) we now have un-playable missions that a lot of people can not be involved with. This impacts A LOT of people not just 'a few modders'.

Some mod-devs will be working on new releases some may not be. A cessation of our Operations and an overall of the mods we use will now have to take place.

It's a consideration thing after all and what is 'no big deal' to some, is very significant to others.

We will soldier on regardless. (Pun intended)

;-)

D

ExpBG

I really loved the bootcamp campaign. Great atmosphere and immersion! Thanks BIS!

Right after the order to sprint all over the target-field, my targets won't go down anymore either. Pressing H-key to remove the hint doesn't work either.. So even several restarts didn't solve it..

Perhaps it may have to do with me playing on release-candidate prior to official launch, hence the assigned steam-unlock not appearing, making the game stuck? I mean, I don't know.. But I'm kind of lost here. Stuck even.

I fired 9 mags into all targets, and nothing happens. So yeah.

Right after the order to sprint all over the target-field' date=' my targets won't go down anymore either. Pressing H-key to remove the hint doesn't work either.. So even several restarts didn't solve it..

Perhaps it may have to do with me playing on release-candidate prior to official launch, hence the assigned steam-unlock not appearing, making the game stuck? I mean, I don't know.. But I'm kind of lost here. Stuck even.

I fired 9 mags into all targets, and nothing happens. So yeah.[/quote']

That's not a bad theory, did any of the other guys experiencing the bug play on the release candidate version?

Apparently, no matter what BI does, it is always wrong.

If you don't want to have your character wheezing, move slower or drop your kit.

Re: weapons. BI announced the change well beforehand. They even detailed what needed to be changed prior to implementing the fix on dev, and that was a month ago, maybe longer. There have been worse breaks in mods before, and dedicated modders will keep their content up to date with the game. I'd rather have working vanilla content rather than everything being broken. The sound system in general is troublesome, so there will (hopefully) be more changes in the future.

For example, the sound bug:

is worse in final branch now.

For the sprinting, I found that disabling CBA stopped the mission from malfunctioning. Looks like there is a conflict there somewhere.

I'm gonna explain for Arma3 creators ,.. plss !! stop this stupid updating !! today i can't ply just coze my movement during game is slow ,. :( , as turtle on the road !!! stop!!!, dont do any updates if you can't do this properly. and kick your coders from the office,.!! i spent money on deluxe edition and DLC bundle thats all around 80 $ ,. and for what !!! for your stupid Updates !!??????? :mad:

I'm ok with the bootcamp training and even some updated stamina effects (although they are grossly debilitating right now.). However, it boggles my mind that BIS is making this update and other future DLC's when its missing so many basic things that are being ignored.

How about a Medical module? i.e. better treat options and anims / drag / carry?

How about a SecOps module?

How about a Ambient Combat module?

(I'm especially confused by the helo and marksmanship DLC. They seem too specialized, while overlooking other sorely needed more general features.)

Right after the order to sprint all over the target-field' date=' my targets won't go down anymore either. Pressing H-key to remove the hint doesn't work either.. So even several restarts didn't solve it..

I fired 9 mags into all targets, and nothing happens. So yeah.[/quote']

I was wondering if it might be the other way around as I was NOT using the release candidate and encountered the problem. However, InstaGoat just suggested that a conflict with CBA may be the culprit so I'll try disabling it and report back.

UPDATE: Turns out I was not actually running CBA in the first place, therefore that does not seem to be the issue.

Edited by .Taffy