Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

I thought it would be a good idea to discuss everything regarding stable branch here. If a thread already exist please feel free to delete this moderators .

This is something similar to General Discussion (dev branch).

A single general discussion thread for the stable branch isn't really necessary (almost the entire ARMA3 forum pretty much exists for that purpose), but instead of closing this thread, I think turning it into a feedback thread specifically for the recent patch might be more productive. :)

Thread renamed.

Edited by MadDogX

How do I correctly roll-back from this update? It has broken various sounds I am using for a custom mission I am making. I'd prefer my sounds work while I wait on updated versions of them. I do not plan to use this Bootcamp feature. I would not have updated to this manually, Steam did it while I was away. Thanks.

Weapon sway is still an unrealistic POS, going back to a fixed (modded) version of ARMA 3.

Weapon sway is still an unrealistic POS, going back to a fixed (modded) version of ARMA 3.

Do you use Steam? Do we just delete the pbo as usual? Did it modify other files? I need to rollback too.

How can we roll back?

I don't care for any stupid boot camp campaign, it broke every fucking mod! Are you kidding me? Who gives a shit about a tutorial after the game has been out this long?

U can't roll back that's the negative thing with Steam. I personally disabled automatic updated on Steam and I still run 1.22.

After reading a while I guess this must be a nightmare update for modders.

Do you use Steam? Do we just delete the pbo as usual? Did it modify other files? I need to rollback too.

As Nikiforos said, stuck with out mods until they update to match this version. I will just play other games for a couple days. BI creates a broken mess, modders make it decent game, LOL.

Not that bad. Just the configs need to be updated.

This change was announced well in advance too.

Is it just me that if your soldier has no stamina left he walks too much slow motion like? I have nothing against this featuere at all, but the animation is too slow. Nobody walks like this :D

Anyone else having issues with the boot camp training mission? Specifically after the Staff Sergeant asks you to sprint around and then come back and shoot the rest of the targets? The targets dont go down and I cant progress the mission.

As Nikiforos said, stuck with out mods until they update to match this version. I will just play other games for a couple days. BI creates a broken mess, modders make it decent game, LOL.

Well.. that is rough. I guess I will have to look on the bright side at least it is free content and was released with good intentions to introduce new players to the game. I guess I will go see exactly which mods this broke so I can watch their release threads for an update.

Anyone else having issues with the boot camp training mission? Specifically after the Staff Sergeant asks you to sprint around and then come back and shoot the rest of the targets? The targets dont go down and I cant progress the mission.

Exact same issue here.

Which one? The second in the bootcamp campaign (Common Denominator)

Exactly. Targets won't go down. Thought at first it was the fatigue screwing the aim up, but I make the target black from bullet impacts, so they are hitting.

Odd, I just played the mission now and everything went down fine, which section specifically, after the fatigue test (Where you sprint to the sign, the tank and the flag and back)?

Can't hit the side of a barn door standing. Even 'high-prone' stance is not very stable.

Shooting just got alot harder --i like it.

..., but fek, we need bipods and weapon resting now more than ever.

For example, a guy standing in a tower, or crouching behind a low wall is at a great disadvantage compared to soldier full prone out of hard cover.

It makes defending from cover a bad tactical choise --which makes no real world sense.

same here!

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

The launcher is still invisible for me.

same here!

no window. it starts minimized and nothing happens.

I'm not sure about 1.24, but on dev branch the whole "Win" episode was unplayable: constant graphic artifacts or buggy mission failure conditions made me to -endmission at least twice. In "Paradise Found" there was no audio playing neither for James nor for Miller during conversations and so on. Maybe, someone has a little bit more freetime than me and is willing to check on that, if it is still an issue in the stable version?

Since the last "upgrade" I only can play in single player, multiplayer crash my pc, (Nvidia 760gtx, cpu quadcore, 12gb ram).

I spend a good month playing this game and now it's another single-player shooter.

Is the launcher only going to see Workshop addons? Kind of useless because there are bound to be addons that aren't available on the workshop just from issues like size alone, not to mention other reasons. Chances are people will use workshop for what they can because of convenience/ease. But they will also have manually downloaded stuff that falls through the cracks.

Exactly. Targets won't go down. Thought at first it was the fatigue screwing the aim up, but I make the target black from bullet impacts, so they are hitting.

I still can't reproduce this, I just tried the campaign from the beginning (I played it previously on Devbranch) and it worked for me just then.

I'm not sure about 1.24, but on dev branch the whole "Win" episode was unplayable: constant graphic artifacts or buggy mission failure conditions made me to -endmission at least twice. In "Paradise Found" there was no audio playing neither for James nor for Miller during conversations and so on. Maybe, someone has a little bit more freetime than me and is willing to check on that, if it is still an issue in the stable version?

Appears fixed now, Just tested it.

Edited by Jona33

Why the loadout editor aren't in the mission editor ?

Why the launcher doesn't recognize the mod download without steam workshit ?

What is the interest to have a tutorial mission after the game has been out since 1 year ?

But hopefully the community his here for doing the job.

-You want an loadout editor use LEA.

-You want a launcher use arma3sync.

A useless update made by useless developer.