Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Make launcher default

I feel as if making it an option on steam is not enough, it should be a required and I can see no cons of having it as default other than having to click 1 more button to click play.

There are a bunch of games on steam that have a launcher as default (such as planetside 2) so why not?

It will make everybody that plays the game realize that the game now has a way to download mods off the steam workshop, a way to edit which mods they run, a way to customize launch options, and etc.

Those that choose their configuration through the launcher must always right click on the game and click on launcher in order for to play with their set configuration, making it a pain and nuisance for them.

Feedback link: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19684

Edited by dezkit

In time it will, it is not (even close) to be ready ATM.

But it's been released since today's patch to the main branch and already has an option on steam, though

But it's been released since today's patch to the main branch and already has an option on steam, though

I second, third, and fourth this suggestion. It only makes sense, and would even present Arma 3 to new comers and existing players as something more. It would only look good. Get it done BIS.

I got a confirmation from our lord and savior dwarden that the launcher will be indeed default soon, just not now. :D

I just hope this will have nothing to do with being online to play. Otherwise I will be off forever.

What ? It's just a launcher where you can check some startup parameters (nosplash, nologs...) and add addons.

;2730309']What ? It's just a launcher where you can check some startup parameters (nosplash' date=' nologs...) and add addons.[/quote']

For now. They intend to expand its functionality later.

Yes, but there will be no need to stay online to play like Surfer said.

Currently, when you launch Arma 3 trough Steam it asks you:

-Play Arma 3

-Play Arma 3 Windowed

-Open Launcher

Maybe make an option to remember what you select and use it by default. Of course also to change it later. Unlike Steam categories :(.

If it doesn't allow for :-

affinity

high

-malloc=

-cpucount=

-EnanbleHT=

etc

I will still be using .bat to launch

The main two being affinity and high which so far can only be done via a .bat file

I feel as if making it an option on steam is not enough, it should be a required and I can see no cons of having it as default other than having to click 1 more button to click play.

I see quite some cons.

1. Compatibility with different launchers has to be guaranteed. (that's a given and not that difficulty - but you'll never know).

2. No Steam Big Picture for Arma III. (Not that many people would use it).

3. I really dislike default launchers. Even this "Play Arma 3" or "Play Arma 3 Windowed" is bothering me already. That's just not necessary. If you want to play Arma 3 windowed hit Alt+Enter after start. If you want to have your launcher as default, start the arma3launcher.exe instead of using steam. Steam is a launcher. Launching a launcher using a launcher. When does it ever stop?

I would rather not have the launcher be default. This is mainly because (for me) it cannot connect to steam, and crashes instantly when I click the "play" button.