thebuckfastwine

Arma 3 , project the cave

I have a small suggestion. Stratis Air Base have such 3 gates to underground bunkers, I was thinking, perhaps it is possible to create a large vehicle storage there (safe from bombing and infiltration units) as well as sort of a HQ bunker or something like that?

Will the AI navigate properly in these caves or we can pretty much forget about it ?

@Damian90, Yes that is possible but not in my current plans.

@Dorak, Having AI moving around is in our plans and will be shown in a video at a later date.

Hello all, Here is another small video update showing a small part of the cave maze system. Cheers, Stu

Video 4

so how will this work when its done, will it be a mod file, a mission file, or a new map of altis with the caves like how DBO_Altis was with being less detailed?

so how will this work when its done, will it be a mod file, a mission file, or a new map of altis with the caves like how DBO_Altis was with being less detailed?

Atm it looks like a mission file, but who knows? They're currently placing objects on land or at sea. You can't do caves in maps atm, but what you can do is plug in assets into a hole like they did on dayz namalsk.

@Angel, We are planning on releasing it in both addon and mission format. (NB_UKAF (United Kingdom Armed Forces)good job on that, looks and sounds great)

@Nevbox, That would be some size of a hole, the system could take you around 20/60 minutes or more if you like to explore to reach the bottom, that is if you don't get lost(which I have) or don't know your way around.

Hello all, in this weeks video update we are showing some more of the cave maze system, there are numerous ways in and ways out of the cave maze system leaving you with the choice to navigate up or down or left or right. Cheers Stu

Video 5

Hello all, in this weeks video update i'll be showing some more of the cave system this time dropping down into the unknown where the cave system gets smaller and deeper into the maze.

Video 6 ( screenshots to follow although they do not give or show the atmosphere i'm going for)

Hello all, in this weeks video we have some tight spaces and huge drops which will be great for some pvp. So it's time to get on my belly and crawl and try not fall off the edge. Cheers Stu

Video 7

Very nice!

If only ArmA wouldn't let the light shine through objects... on the other hand - oh well, the performance :rolleyes:

lol yeah that dam light, I was just saying to SGT_SAVAGE the other week that lights a thorn in my side. Loving the Climb mod adds so much more to the game. Cheers stu

How many meters distance of caverns do you think you have so far? Is it a network, or is it a main passage with mostly dead-end branches? Just wondering. It looks amazing, by the way.

Hard to say how many meters it is but it would probably take you a good bit of time to cover what I have done so far. What I will say is there are many networks throughout the cave most have numerous ways in and ways out some link with other networks giving you the choice to go up down left or right and some are just dead ends to spice it up. Cheers Stu

Hello all, In this weeks video I will be showing one of the huge caverns inside the cave this is the place where confusion will set in but there are many hidden ways out leading to more areas throughout the cave you just need to find them. Cheers Stu

Video 8

@Angel, yes the AI can be a pain in the arse but AI combat is possible just very complicated, I have and do test it with AI and have my ass kicked by them a good few times I will try and post a video sometime tomorrow showing some combat action in the cave. Cheers Stu

Hello all, sorry for the lack of updates as I'm busy with work, but here is a short video of one of the large stairwells leading down to another huge cavern area.

Part 9

Creepy. I like it. How did you get it dark? Do you have to use this only at night, or can it be this dark at all hours?

@Goblin, I'm afraid it's just set to night time, On another note your Diver system is great, I'm working on my under water cave river system right now which will be good for those who like to dive and explore the dark deep water.

Hello all sorry for the lack of updates as this is my busy period with work, here is a small video update starting from one of the many ways into the cave system. Cheers, Stu

PART 10

I'm working on my under water cave river system right now which will be good for those who like to dive and explore the dark deep water.

Jaw drop. So. Many. Questions. Much excited!

(will wait for the thread before I take this one off topic)

Hello all, so I managed to scrape together some spare time to work on the cave. In this video it's time to get my feet wet, you will see that start of the underground river system and for those who like the diver aspect of the game at the end of the video is where it's time to sink or swim. cheers, Stu

Part 11

What I would do is when a player enters the cave system, set the localDayTime settings to night and then when they leave set them back to whatever is the correct time.

Finally got round to moving the cave onto Eden, great peace of kit for fixing some cave-ins I had, still cant find good old chester copperpot.

Part 12, it's all about the atmosphere​, huge drops underground rivers.