Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

[COOP] Digital Infantry Combat Environment

Appreciate it, I realized I was missing one required mod. However now I'm experiencing the issue two users commented back on page 4 where no opfor or civvies seem to spawning when I run the mission.

I'm getting two script errors that are:

"cannot open object ca\weapons\ak\rpk_74.p3d"

&

"no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/RHARD_MK18_BASE_F/Single.StandardSound"

I also get "Pipe error 230" it the bottom right corner of the screen.

I'm running it all off PlayWithSix so all the mods should be fine & fully up to date and I'm not trying to run any other mods at the same time, so I can't quite understand why I'm having this error. I'm wondering if maybe my versions of Agressors & MK18 is improper/outdated?

Sorry for being a retard, I just really want to try out what looks like an utterly amazing mission.

Edit:

Here is my RPT in pastebin, I don't really understand what to make of it:

http://pastebin.com/xUFg7rS1

Edited by Gfresco

Does anybody know a ArmA-Server where i can play this mission?

When i filter the Serverlist in Arma there are sadly no servers with this mission.

Grettings Cole

Will you update your mod this weekend? I really want to try CSE with DICE :D

Appreciate it, I realized I was missing one required mod. However now I'm experiencing the issue two users commented back on page 4 where no opfor or civvies seem to spawning when I run the mission. I'm getting two script errors that are: "cannot open object ca\weapons\ak\rpk_74.p3d" & "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/RHARD_MK18_BASE_F/Single.StandardSound" I also get "Pipe error 230" it the bottom right corner of the screen. I'm running it all off PlayWithSix so all the mods should be fine & fully up to date and I'm not trying to run any other mods at the same time, so I can't quite understand why I'm having this error. I'm wondering if maybe my versions of Agressors & MK18 is improper/outdated? Sorry for being a retard, I just really want to try out what looks like an utterly amazing mission. Here is my RPT in pastebin, I don't really understand what to make of it: http://pastebin.com/xUFg7rS1

cannot open object ca\weapons\ak\rpk_74.p3d This is a Sangin error that everyone gets, please disregard it.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/RHARD_MK18_BASE_F/Single.StandardSound This is a problem with the MK18 weapon pack after the latest ArmA 1.24 update. Here is a temporary fix for the MK18's until they officially update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gh7c1y6qmrbj6mm/RHARD_MK18_cfg.pbo

As for nothing spawning, that seems to be caused by either the MK18 fix not being applied, or the CAF Aggressor pack not being up to date.

Does anybody know a ArmA-Server where i can play this mission? When i filter the Serverlist in Arma there are sadly no servers with this mission.

Currently the ingame server browser is powered by steam and can be very painful to deal with. You are not the only one with this issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179255-Terribly-slow-server-browser

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/2808-server-not-showing-up-in-steam-need-help/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/540744475435048788/

Your best bet is to private message some of the users in this thread and see if their community is hosting it publicly.

Will you update your mod this weekend? I really want to try CSE with DICE :D

I can confirm the release will be prior to the 10th of this month. I will post here and on armaholic news when complete.

I seem to have the same bug where no infantry spawn as well in preview mode.

No script errors are produced either. Hmmmm...

EDIT: Oh, I found why. It's the caching. It's designed only for multiplayer.

Edited by AviatorMoser

I seem to have the same bug where no infantry spawn as well in preview mode.

No script errors are produced either. Hmmmm...

EDIT: Oh, I found why. It's the caching. It's designed only for multiplayer.

Ah, yes the caching runs by detecting playableUnits. If you have the missing units problem, run your singleplayer session as a multiplayer LAN game by yourself. That way you will also respawn when you die :)

Thanks AviatorMoser, I will add that tip to the front page.

Upcoming Mission Version 1.3 Information (Release in the next couple of days)

* Updated with new rooftop static weapon script.

* Updated to use an infantry garrison script.

* Scroll mouse revive system removed.

* Combat Space Enhancement (@CSE) now required.

* CSE Medical System now implemented.

* Civilians are now compatible with CSE interaction.

* Added CSE medical equipment to Combat Medic loadout.

* Added mission parameter for disabling the paradrop option.

* Added mission parameter for starting at night-time.

Upcoming @DICE Version Information (Release in the next couple of days)

* Alternate technical skins no longer required.

* Expert difficulty toggles are unlocked for customization.

Edited by Kushluk

Woah.. Sir, my friends and I cant wait to try your new version.! So exited! This really needs an advanced medical system.

Also, I would like to now something, is there any problem/conflict if we use an external moded AI behavior? Like @ASR_AI3 or @bCombat for example.

Thanks!

R3F_AiComTarget is already built into the mission: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179224-R3F_AiComTarget

However bCombat, ASR AI etc should be fine to run in unison, although I will probably add a parameter to disable the R3F_AiComTarget script incase it causes any compatibility issues.

Yeah, it appears that saving is disabled on the higher difficulties: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu#Unlimited_saves

1) Create a mod with the following code taken from ArmA 2 OA PvPScene Tweaks:

class CfgDifficulties
{
   class Recruit
   {
       class Flags
       {
           3rdPersonView[] = {1,1};
           armor[] = {1,1};
           autoAim[] = {0,1};
           autoGuideAT[] = {1,1};
           autoSpot[] = {1,1};
           cameraShake[] = {0,1};
           clockIndicator[] = {1,1};
           deathMessages[] = {1,1};
           enemyTag[] = {0,1};
           friendlyTag[] = {1,1};
           hud[] = {1,1};
           hudGroupInfo[] = {1,1};
           hudPerm[] = {1,1};
           hudWp[] = {1,1};
           hudWpPerm[] = {1,1};
           map[] = {1,1};
           netStats[] = {1,1};
           tracers[] = {1,1};
           ultraAI[] = {0,1};
           unlimitedSaves[] = {1,1};
           vonID[] = {1,1};
           weaponCursor[] = {1,1};
       };
   };
   class Regular
   {
       class Flags
       {
           3rdPersonView[] = {1,1};
           armor[] = {1,1};
           autoAim[] = {0,1};
           autoGuideAT[] = {1,1};
           autoSpot[] = {1,1};
           cameraShake[] = {1,1};
           clockIndicator[] = {1,1};
           deathMessages[] = {1,1};
           enemyTag[] = {0,1};
           friendlyTag[] = {1,1};
           hud[] = {1,1};
           hudGroupInfo[] = {1,1};
           hudPerm[] = {1,1};
           hudWp[] = {1,1};
           hudWpPerm[] = {1,1};
           map[] = {1,1};
           netStats[] = {1,1};
           tracers[] = {1,1};
           ultraAI[] = {0,1};
           unlimitedSaves[] = {1,1};
           vonId[] = {1,1};
           weaponCursor[] = {1,1};
       };
   };
   class Veteran
   {
       class Flags
       {
           3rdPersonView[] = {1,1};
           armor[] = {0,1};
           autoAim[] = {0,1};
           autoGuideAT[] = {0,1};
           autoSpot[] = {0,1};
           cameraShake[] = {1,1};
           clockIndicator[] = {0,1};
           deathMessages[] = {1,1};
           enemyTag[] = {0,1};
           friendlyTag[] = {0,1};
           hud[] = {1,1};
           hudGroupInfo[] = {0,1};
           hudPerm[] = {0,1};
           hudWp[] = {1,1};
           hudWpPerm[] = {0,1};
           map[] = {0,1};
           netStats[] = {1,1};
           tracers[] = {0,1};
           ultraAI[] = {0,1};
           unlimitedSaves[] = {0,1};
           vonId[] = {0,1};
           weaponCursor[] = {1,1};
       };
   };
   class Mercenary
   {
       class Flags
       {
           3rdPersonView[] = {0,1};
           armor[] = {0,1};
           autoAim[] = {0,1};
           autoGuideAT[] = {0,1};
           autoSpot[] = {0,1};
           cameraShake[] = {1,1};
           clockIndicator[] = {0,1};
           deathMessages[] = {0,1};
           enemyTag[] = {0,1};
           friendlyTag[] = {0,1};
           hud[] = {0,1};
           hudGroupInfo[] = {0,1};
           hudPerm[] = {0,1};
           hudWp[] = {0,1};
           hudWpPerm[] = {0,1};
           map[] = {0,1};
           netStats[] = {0,1};
           tracers[] = {0,1};
           ultraAI[] = {0,1};
           unlimitedSaves[] = {0,1};
           vonID[] = {0,1};
           weaponCursor[] = {0,1};
       };
   };
};

2) Edit your .ArmA3Profile in your documents so that UnlimitedSaves=1; under the class mercenary

3) Since this is ArmA 3 not ArmA 2 OA, you may want to compare your ArmA3Profile cfgDifficulties to the one I posted and port/copy/migrate any new flags to the code above.

This is a noobish question but what would i save this file as and would i just put it in an @Name_here Folder?

The next version will be available within 48 hours and includes the difficulty changes you have quoted.

The next version will be available within 48 hours and includes the difficulty changes you have quoted.

Very nice thank you for the response keep up the amzing work have had a lot of fun so far on your map with some friends.

There seems to be something wrong with the Nametags, i qoute someone from our forums

AFAIK there's a problem with the nametags: if you have entered a squad url, you can only see the nametags of people who have entered a squad url as well.

I can confirm this after deleting my Squad-URL the Nametags were shown correctly.

Greetz from The Iron Brits and thanks for your great mission

90% of my changes have been successfully integrated, however I am still doing some multiplayer testing with the CSE 0.3 medical system to ensure the smoothest transition.

The delay should only be a day or two.

90% of my changes have been successfully integrated, however I am still doing some multiplayer testing with the CSE 0.3 medical system to ensure the smoothest transition.

The delay should only be a day or two.

I just want to let you know that I am one of the guys waiting for your next release, Doesn't matter how much time it takes you, I will wait for it. Keep it up!

DICE Mission Updated to v1.3

* Combat Space Enhancement - Civilian Interaction

* Combat Space Enhancement - Medical System

* Added mission parameter for disabling the paradrop option.

* Added mission parameter for starting at night-time.

* Added mission parameter for disabling inbuild AI scripts.

@DICE Content Mod Changes

* Alternate technical skins no longer required.

* Expert difficulty toggles are unlocked for customization.

There is likely to be a number of mission file updates in the coming week to fix some small bugs and alter the medical system configuration, however there should not be any significant addon changes. Please follow this thread to ensure that you are running the latest mission file.

Updated Download Page: https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home

Updated DICE Mission File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo

Updated DICE Content Addon: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vj36dre1p7240p/@DICE.zip

I have informed Six Networks about the changes, so the Six version should be updated on their servers shortly.

Hi Kushluk,

Thanks for releasing DICE, it's fast becoming one of our favourite mods. We've already been playing with 1.3 and love the CSE additions.

Not sure if this is the right place for bugs but I called in an airstrike earlier on a dude that was sitting on a heavy weapon on top of a roof. The bomb destroyed the building he was on but he remained seated and alive on the ground and promptly took us out when we went to investigate. Is there any chance that could be looked into?

Thanks,

Tusk1-1

Thanks for releasing DICE, it's fast becoming one of our favourite mods. We've already been playing with 1.3 and love the CSE additions.Not sure if this is the right place for bugs but I called in an airstrike earlier on a dude that was sitting on a heavy weapon on top of a roof. The bomb destroyed the building he was on but he remained seated and alive on the ground and promptly took us out when we went to investigate. Is there any chance that could be looked into?

Hey Tusk,

Great to hear you are enjoying it! Unfortunately the issue with semi-indestructible static weapons is related to the mod itself and ArmA's current physics engine. I tried different methods of attaching, dropping and placing the weapon platforms on buildings; however the results were never particularly satisfying or consistent. I might try and set all static weapons at 50% of their max health when they are spawned to see if they are more reliably destroyed with explosives. Crew in static weapons are also not affected by splash damage... this is likely an addon config issue.

With regards to DICE in the future, my next updates will focus on:

• Compatibility and tweaks to the current CSE Medical System configuration (Number of medic items, revive settings etc) based on player feedback.
  • Implement the DAR MaxxPro with vehicle interaction and ammo storage.
  • Fill all vehicle and supply crate inventory storage with medical items (in addition to the current ammunition)
  • Fix the air strike to require laser guidance.
  • Fix the supply drop to use a parachute.
  • Randomly placed militant camp site with tents, campfires etc.
  • Randomly placed militant road blocks with barbed wire etc.
  • Further tweak the AI precision.
  • Implement further interrogation and conversation with civilians.
  • Implement militants that randomly surrender to you.

As usual, feel free to modify this mission in any way (ie. edit scripts or port between maps) as long as you do not publicly release your changes.

EDIT: If you want to find some servers playing DICE, please visit http://arma3.swec.se/server/list and type digital into the mission filter.

T4HrbNL.jpg

Edited by Kushluk
Serverlist

Sir, first of all, congrats on your update release. I tried this new version with some friends and we had problems with CSE. When one of us was hit by some insurgent fire shots, we died but our bodies remained in the AO "alive" and unconscious while 'the player' spawned at the FOB.

For example,

My friend got shot, his body fell down and his head was still moving BUT he was respawned at FOB while this was happening.

I don't know if you can understand this madness that I'm trying to say xD

Hey again Alex :) I don't have much control over the CSE Medical System except to change a couple of module options (wounds complexity, airway system, full heal allowed etc) so I don't actually have access to edit their mod code. This is due to the fact that your @CSE files are downloaded directly from Six or Armaholic and are not customized by DICE. Since Combat Space Enhancement is still very new, it is likely that a number of bugs and/or issues will be present. The good news is that they are actively improving their code by adding features and resolving issues on a daily basis. If you think you have found something that is worth reporting, I suggest you give them feedback on their BI Forum thread or Feedback Tracker.