Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

[COOP] Digital Infantry Combat Environment

Kushluk,

A great mod / mission you have created!!

But one problem, I have playd it and walked through more villages on the map.

There are no civilliand and enemies. After a 2 hour walk still cant find anybody.

Is this something that must be activated or just because i've tried it out of the editor?

Kindly regards,

Rick "Skunk" Winkelman

There is definately something wrong there!!! I suggest you try run the mission in singleplayer and check that:

1) You are running all of the required mods. Use this list: https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home

2) There are no script errors - which can cause the server process to stop spawning units. Can you use pastebin.org to PM me your RPT file for that session. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Regarding the @DICE mod, I will submit a request now and post an update here upon completion. I noticed from your screenshot that you may be missing some mods, please note the following text from https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home If you downloaded @Sangin from Six Updater instead of Armaholic, the following dependencies must be downloaded from Six Updater as well:

Thanks for your reply, that's good to hear :)

Regarding the mods, Play With SIX appears to add all of those dependencies automatically. I was playing DICE last night and everything appeared to be working correctly.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what it looks like on PwS:

e9c67ef5eaf868de812401b1422df29b.png

what is the DICE mod? that comes with this? there is a several mods to download and the dice mod...you mean the mission?

Kushluk,

A great mod / mission you have created!!

But one problem, I have playd it and walked through more villages on the map.

There are no civilliand and enemies. After a 2 hour walk still cant find anybody.

Is this something that must be activated or just because i've tried it out of the editor?

Kindly regards,

Rick "Skunk" Winkelman

We're getting the same issue on our dedi server, running all required mods.

Edit: I re-downloaded the mission and it seems to work fine again. I must've done something wrong when uploading the mission to the server.

Edited by Goodson

Greetings and congratulations on your release.

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@dice.png

@ Kushluk ;

We have added your extensive list of dependencies. Users only need to select your modification, all requirements will be handled by our network automatically.

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Very odd. Please try mission file hotfix #2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo

I have uploaded this version to my own clans dedicated server and it definately spawns a large number of units around the map. There are no script errors. If you still have the issue with no AI units spawning, please send me the RPT file from your server. Tested with ArmA 3 v 1.24 running just the mods listed on the google page.

EDIT: Thanks Sonsalt, I have updated the google webpage to include the SIX link for @DICE content mod.

Edited by Kushluk

Yeah...in the listing say... DICE modification, and i wanna know what is this dice modification

The @DICE content modification holds content required by the mission file including:

* Sounds

* Textures

* Config Fixes

It seems the MK18 is bugged after the changes introduced in the Bootcamp-update. Any chance for a fast fix or do we have to wait for ardvarkdb?

Is there a way to re-configure the menu key ? Delete is my "lean-left" :)

Cheers

SJ

It seems the MK18 is bugged after the changes introduced in the Bootcamp-update. Any chance for a fast fix or do we have to wait for ardvarkdb?

Looks like a fix shouldn't be far away: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156804-MK18-Mod-1&p=2731893&viewfull=1#post2731893

Is there a way to re-configure the menu key ? Delete is my "lean-left"

You will need to dePBO the mission file and change the keybind number in "client\functions\fn_keyBindings.sqf"

if(_key == 211) then
{
   if(!dialog) then{createDialog "DICE_OperatorMenu"};
};

Replace the 211 from a number from this list: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes

Edited by Kushluk

hello and thank you for spending so much of your personal free time to make this.

what is the recommended amount of players for this mission?

i usually play arma with a friend, and on a good day we can get up to 6 people(really hard)

otherwise; is there any AI teammates in this mission?

Hallo, it's me again ^^ how can i run it on my dedicated server? I set "expert" difficult but when i create the mission, it kicks me out. Message says I'm running wrong difficult but I set i up to "expert" difficult and still can't play.

hello and thank you for spending so much of your personal free time to make this. what is the recommended amount of players for this mission? i usually play arma with a friend, and on a good day we can get up to 6 people(really hard) otherwise; is there any AI teammates in this mission?

You can play somewhat effectively with two, but the ideal number is about ten. Provided you plan your missions effectively (dont paradrop into the middle of enemy territory) you can usually play somewhat effectively. Ideally your squad should include a Team Leader, Medic and Engineer... but there are many different ways you can play. If you have fewer players I recommend either:

a) Use a convoy of humvees and trucks with two crew members in each (gunner and driver) and slowly make your way through the map clearing any resistance along the way.

b) Take a small team of medics with silencers who use speed and stealth to bypass the majority of the enemy. There are lots of water channels that can be used to travel effectively.

If you are logged in as admin, put "skipTime 12" into the debug console and execute it as 'Global' to put the mission into nighttime. This can make stealth easier. This will become a mission parameter in an upcoming update.

Hallo, it's me again ^^ how can i run it on my dedicated server? I set "expert" difficult but when i create the mission, it kicks me out. Message says I'm running wrong difficult but I set i up to "expert" difficult and still can't play.

The mission doesn't actually check for which difficulty you picked. It does however check if one of three difficulty options are enabled:

1) Enemy unit map icons.

2) Clock direction indicator

3) Third person.

If any of these three are enabled, it will show that warning.

Copy that, Sir. I have other questions/sugestions... I have found some Intel in the AO, leading to rescue some Pilot... But he gets killed very fast. It's because I've been seen or it's because time is over?

Also, I would like to know if you could make dead bodies AND destroyed vehicles last longer in the ground. Or when we (players) are not close to them. To make it more real you know?

Thanks for your quick answers.

Currently the pilot rescue mission is quite simple and the hostage will die after a preset time (10/20) minutes. I plan to improve this so it is a 5 minute timer after you are spotted by those guarding the pilot.

You can edit all of the body/vehicle/object cleanup countdown timers in "server\functions\fn_loopCleanup.sqf." Posting from my phone, so I can't remember what they are off the top of my head. I think it does a cleanup process every five minutes.

shortly after starting we get mission completed. why is this so?is it because we are not using tfr or because we installed blacklisted mods?

Look on the right side of your screen just before it stops and report the red or blue text.

thank you for your reply, fixed that. would it be possible to add AI teammates too?

I do not want to make AI recruitment part of the official mission, however I will give you some assistance:

Option A - Third Party Packages:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19041

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23844

Option B - My custom DICE add-unit script:

If you are logged in as admin (or playing SP) paste this in the debug console once per squadmate.

myUnit = (group player) createUnit ["B_soldier_F",getPos player,[],0,"NONE"];
myUnit addAction ["Disband Unit",{deleteVehicle (_this select 0)}];
clearAllItemsFromBackpack myUnit;
clearBackpackCargo myUnit;
removeAllWeapons myUnit;
removeAllItems myUnit;
removeBackpack myUnit;
removeHeadgear myUnit;
removeGoggles myUnit;
removeUniform myUnit;
removeVest myUnit;
removeAllAssignedItems myUnit;
myUnit addUniform "U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest";
myUnit addBackpack "B_Carryall_DICE";
myUnit addVest "V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier1_rgr";
myUnit addHeadgear "H_SBE_Army_HelmetB";
{myUnit linkItem _x} forEach ["G_Tactical_Black","NVGoggles_OPFOR"];
myUnit addMagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG";
myUnit addItem "Muzzle_MK18_L";
myUnit addWeapon "RHARD_MK18AFG_F";
myUnit selectWeapon "RHARD_MK18AFG_F";
myUnit addPrimaryWeaponItem "PEQ15_A3_Top";
myUnit addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Holosight";
myUnit setSkill 1;
myUnit allowFleeing 0;
myUnit setSkill ["general",1];
myUnit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",1];
myUnit setSkill ["aimingShake",1];
myUnit setSkill ["aimingSpeed",1];
myUnit setSkill ["endurance",1];
myUnit setSkill ["spotDistance",1];
myUnit setSkill ["spotTime",1];
myUnit setSkill ["courage",1];
myUnit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",1];
myUnit setSkill ["commanding",1];

First can I just say our community loves your mission and have been playing it nonstop! Actually can't get enough :p.

We at TF-Ares have been playing with DICE for a few days now and are lacking the man power to make it to the main city of Sangin. (A testament to how great the mod is!)

We also believe this mission and mod need more attention! Tonight at 18:30 hours (UK time) TF-Ares will be inviting Arma 3 users to play alongside us, be it solo or a small group we want to welcome you and have a great night.

We have slightly modified the pbo to accomodate the current issue with the MK18 Mod 1, so we appologise for your immersion but we'll be using M4's!

Join the TF-Ares server which will include the title of DICE Digital Infantry Combat Environment with the password: grapefruit

Or direct connect to 217.174.240.60:2342

teamspeak is tseu4.vilayer.com:10058 however I will leave VON enabled as well.

We hope to see you there!

The TF-Ares website can be found at www.tf-ares.com

Excellent to hear Azza! My gameplay hints would be:

1) Plan your route before you step off.

2) Interrogate civilians whenever possible. It makes finding intelligence and IED's much easier.

3) Don't get bogged down in contact. The terrain is harsh and there are huge numbers of enemies. Sometimes you are better off making a fighting withdrawl.

4) ALWAYS have as many medics and EOD technicians as possible.

It looks like the MK18 issue is almost resolved: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156804-MK18-Mod-1&p=2733874&viewfull=1#post2733874

Let me know if you have any major requests or feedback and I will do my best to implement them.

Edited by Kushluk

Thanks for the advice mate!

We've learned that trying to "win" a contact is a losing battle as you get surrounded really quickly and if mortars are involved you're screwed. We normally have the vehicles follow a little ways back and if needed we fall back to those and extract or flank. We've been using one EOD and one medic per 6 man squad to keep things challenging :P

As far as requests we honestly cant think of anything, I've noticed the enemy AI is pretty accurate when shooting through concealment and could do with having reduced accuracy in that situation but I reckon that's an arma limitation more than anything else. Really the only feedback we have is a huge thank you for taking the time to make this mod and providing so much enjoyment for me and my guys!

Sorry for double posting, thought you'd like to see a couple of pics from tonight, in the end we wound up playing for 5 and a half hours straight! :)

http://i.imgur.com/iKMm8ED.png (2303 kB)

The guys who attended (minus two, one had to leave before the pic and one was taking it)

http://i.imgur.com/HqvvC4A.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zblgGks.jpg

Patrolling into an area south east of Sangin town, we took massive contact from the right of that road a few seconds later and I was cowering behind that wall haha.

Thanks to Rook and Benjamin for dropping by, sorry we didn't field more members but most of them were out getting hammered! We'll host another session tomorrow night for anyone who wants to play.