Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

[COOP] Digital Infantry Combat Environment

yB7OVvw.jpg

"Yay! Glad to see this out in the public. This is the best co-op gaming in ARMA3 you can get short of scripting up a mission yourself. I highly, highly encourage folks to try it out."

- TinyPirate

"First can I just say our community loves your mission and have been playing it nonstop! Actually can't get enough :)"

- Azza (TF Ares)

"After a couple of days I got to say I've had a great gaming experience. I really love the default config that makes this mission more "realistic". Me and my friends are really happy and we have been playing this every night. The dynamic scenario is great, Sagin is great, I love the role selection."

- AlexSegen

"First off your mission is fantastic! Freakin love it!"

- Elmango

I have not released much information regarding this scenario to the public, so this thread will possibly the first thing many of you hear about this project. Over time I have moulded the specifics of the mission to suit the needs of a niche populous within the arma community. Communities possessing high levels of coordination and teamwork will be most satisfied by the experience provided whilst deployed on this operation.

DICE is a compilation of modifications, scripts and mission files designed to provide an engaging and immersive scenario focusing on infantry combat. The scenario is based upon the insurgency within Afghanistan and has been designed from the ground up to provide an authentic feel. Islamic militants are currently staging guerrilla warfare throughout the entire region and NATO forces are tasked with multiple important objectives within the area of operation. The insurgents have lived most of their lives in the hotzone, so they will not give up any territory without a fight. Expect hostile forces to make use of bunkers, armed offroads, roadblocks, crew served weapons and whatever else they can get their hands on; in their campaign to disrupt the operations of all western forces in the area. The in-game world has been populated by civilians, aircraft, ground vehicles, animals and other ambient entities to help provide that sense of immersion whilst players traverse the terrain.

Improvised explosive devices have become commonplace throughout the terrain, causing indiscriminate mayhem and destruction on a daily basis. Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) personnel and equipment are frequently attached to any western forces in the area to both detect and disarm explosive devices that have been placed by militants. Operators can use the armoury to mould their equipment to their role in the team. Combat roles such as rifleman, machine-gunners and anti-tank troopers can employ heavy weaponry to get the job done whereas support roles fill other gaps in the section structure.Corpsman can provide emergency first aid, radio operators can request indirect fire support using ten digit grid references and combat engineers can use ordnance disposal techniques as well as repair damaged vehicles.

The scenario employs a large number of supporting technical aspects thanks to third party content and the bohemia community. Simple methods of navigation and transport such as teleport to team, shift-click waypoints, map markers, mini-map and third person have all been disabled. Realistic assistances to mobility have now been introduced including the military GPS receiver and various deployment methods. Due to the complexity of finding your way around the area of operation, it is recommended that any players are well versed with the equipment and terrain. Planning any route in advance is highly endorsed by those with prior experience. Reading through the custom controls and using the operator menu will improve the efficiency of any seasoned trooper.

I have spent an ungodly amount of my free time working on this project, so please provide constructive feedback.

>> REQUIREMENTS AND DOWNLOADS

Edited by Kushluk

Please visit combatteambravo.com to get involved in the ongoing development of Digital Infantry Combat Environment!

Edited by Kushluk

Appears that AVIndUS Units (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21361) may still be a required dependancy - this may be fixed in future releases.

Apologies, that can be rectified by redownloading the updated mission file from the main page. I had forgotten to remove the avindus requirement from the addon checker (The mod is not required)

Here is the manual link

uhmm... i don't know why. But im getting the "Mission Successfull" message a few seconds before I start the mission. Why? :(

That was a known issue with the first mission file.

If you are using the latest mission file (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo) and still get the issue, check the coloured text on the right side of the screen just before it occurs. Any blacklisted mods will show as red and any requirements you are missing are blue.

That was a known issue with the first mission file.

If you are using the latest mission file (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo) and still get the issue, check the coloured text on the right side of the screen just before it occurs. Any blacklisted mods will show as red and any requirements you are missing are blue.

Awesome. Problem solved ^^ testing again. Thank you!

What addon do you refer to for squad management? Thanks

awesome man thanks. I checked the wiki quickly but i guess i shoulda spent more time :)

I don't know if I'm the only one but, everytime after I die (for the first time), my MK18 doesnt make any sound when I shoot. I redownloaded this rifle again but it's always the same.

Unfortunately that is due to the changes made in the latest ArmA 3 Update to 1.24: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23

We will need to wait for the MK18's or JSRS to be updated by their creators. It is unrelated to my mission and will affect any scenario using custom weapon sounds.

Yay! Glad to see this out in the public. This is the best co-op gaming in ARMA3 you can get short of scripting up a mission yourself. I highly, highly encourage folks to try it out.

I think i am the only one, but when trying to open it in ArmA i recieve the following error: "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted, dice_v20".

Every addon in stated in the requiremnents i have installed. what could be the missing item?

Kindly regards,

Skunk

So heres a question that might baffle a lot of people :)

I play a lot of SP. I also take missions and customize them to work best for my SP experience. I've looked at this and trying to add AI to my team, however this seems broken. Is there a setting somewhere i can easily change this? I can get AI assigned, but they are missing from being assigned to me and comms are silenced so i have no idea whats going no. I assume it might have to do with some of the scripting. I already changed the DESCR file to DisableAI = 0;

If you have an easy answer that i can edit your mission to allow this i would appreciate it. Thanks

Edited by JCae2798

There are some integrated components within the DICE_Core.pbo that remove all squad interfaces. The code is from Beazley's UI Corrections: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25782

You would need to decompile, edit and recompile the pbo to allow the use of AI.

This mission looks really good, can't wait to try it out with some of my group.

Is there any chance you could get @DICE on SIX? I'm sure if you post it on the BI forums the SIX devs will host it on their servers almost immediately. This would make it alot easier for me to invite others to join the server since I can just send them a collection/repo with all the mods required.

http://i.gyazo.com/add64b6d9c403d7e64788fea92c06386.png (197 kB)

Regarding the @DICE mod, I will submit a request now and post an update here upon completion. I noticed from your screenshot that you may be missing some mods, please note the following text from https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home If you downloaded @Sangin from Six Updater instead of Armaholic, the following dependencies must be downloaded from Six Updater as well:

Kushluk,

A great mod / mission you have created!!

But one problem, I have playd it and walked through more villages on the map.

There are no civilliand and enemies. After a 2 hour walk still cant find anybody.

Is this something that must be activated or just because i've tried it out of the editor?

Kindly regards,

Rick "Skunk" Winkelman