Sign in to follow this  
halex1316

Issue getting waypoints + triggers to synchronize with large number of editor units

Okay, so this is starting to get on my nerves - I know it should be working, but it simply won't.

I'm making a large scale co-op (74 players) for my milsim group, however, certain units won't move where they are supposed to when they are supposed to. I made the mission primarily in Zeus.

I preplaced all of the playable slots, grouped them in their init lines, etc. + merged this with the exported Zeus placed enemy AI. So, in total, there is probably about 400~ units placed on the map. I set up some units that I want to move into position once BLUFOR approaches, however, they seem to move to that position as soon as the mission starts (or as fast as they can, ignoring any stopping points / synchronization links).

It's simple. I gave a group a hold marker 5 meters in front of them. Then, after that, they are given a move marker into an open field. The Hold marker is synced to a trigger that is activated by BLUFOR, and is of the Switch type.

However, they simply ignore the hold marker and run straight to the move marker, as if not recognizing that there is a Synchronization check.

I managed to get this done on a completely blank map, using EXACTLY the same trigger, waypoint, synchronization combination and it worked perfectly fine. I deleted all of the enemy AI, keeping the Playable characters on the map, merged the working system into the playable version, and it suddenly didn't work!

Deleted all of the playable slots + vehicles at the main base, and it started working again. This is extremely annoying, as my group is trying to ween off of using dynamic scripts, ALiVE for our private operations as a means of achieving stability in our gameplay, but not being able to do simple waypoints with a large number of editor placed units is beginning to make me very annoyed! There's got to be a way around this, or is the editor simply just that broken?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

However, they simply ignore the hold marker and run straight to the move marker, as if not recognizing that there is a Synchronization check.

Sync the trigger to the 2nd waypoint (the one after the 'Hold' )

• Like 1

That doesn't explain why it works properly with few editor units, and why it doesn't work with a lot of editor units. . .

mate,im getting similar issues with waypoints myself.just as you described.

Are you spawning these units in or anything abnormal like that?