Sign in to follow this  
phoenix_za

ZAM - Zulu-Alpha Modifications

If you are looking for ShowNames, go here:

Overall description:

This is a package of mods that my group has used to use. This is a modular package of independent mods with individual descriptions below.

Author(s): Phoenix of Zulu-Alpha

Thanks: ZAM Resume uses aeroson's loadout functions for saving and setting states.

LordHeart for assistance and early optimizations

Site: http://zulu-alpha.co.za/

Prerequisite(s): @cba_a3

Installation: Standard mod installation with @folder. This mod uses a Userconfig that must be put into the

standard location (\userconfig\zam\zam.hpp).

All PBOs are independent of each other and can thus be deleted without any issues.

This allows the mod package to be customized.

Mods can also be disabled by editing user-config or assigning the appropriate variables in a mission's init.

Download (Latest, v1.0.6): https://bitbucket.org/zulualpha/zam/downloads/@zam_v1_0_6.zip

License: Covered under APL-SA (http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike)

Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements

so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original authors in any derivative works.

Repo: https://bitbucket.org/zulualpha/zam

za_logo.jpg

**************************| zam_tap |**************************

File: zam_tap.pbo

Prerequisite(s): @cba_a3

Description:

Used to tap another player on their shoulder. You will be notified of their name and they will be of yours as well.

Features:

• Tap buddies shoulder
  • 'Tapper' name and name of 'tapee' hinted to tapee and tapper respectivelly

Usage:

Press t (or another key configured in Main Menu, Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons -> ZAM -> tap) to tap the shoulder of another person within 2m of you and under your cursor.

Note that the key options will appear in that menu only 5 seconds into the game.

(Mission makers) Disable by setting: zam_tap_enabled = false

Before 5 seconds into the game.

Client side mod

Multiplayer and single player

**************************| zam_res |**************************

File: zam_res.pbo

Description:

Saves the client's state to the server for their current game to allow restoring to near (if not absolutely) exact previous state, to provide protection against client crashes.

Features:

• Gear including ammo count, postion, damage level, coarse postion in vehicle (if applicable), direction, captive state and animation are all saved on the server.
  • Player restored to previous state if rejoining on same side, with same role and if was alive.
  • Save frequency on server scales with server performance (5 to 60 seconds)
  • Plays well with Alive player persistence, in that it disables itself automatically if it detects the alive player persistence module.

Usage:

(Mission makers) Disable by setting: zam_res_enabled = false

Before 5 seconds into the game.

Client and server side mod

Multiplayer only

-------------------------| ChangeLog |--------------------------

zam v1.0.6 - 08-11-2014:

- Removed showNames. It is now it's own mod elsewhere.

zam v1.0.5 - 15-08-2014:

- Updated ShowNames.

showNames V3.2.1 - 15-08-2014:

- Added optional feature to show group names for other groups using toggle (ZAM_showNames_group_names).

- Added optional feature to show team names for current group (ZAM_showNames_group_teams).

- Added key to toggle group names (default Ctrl-y and configurable in cba key-binding menu). Default toggle mode is off.

zam v1.0.4 - 14-08-2014:

- Updated ShowNames.

showNames V3.2 - 14-08-2014:

- Changed the way magnification is detected. Now all optics are supported, in all vehicles.

- Added detection of thermal imaging. Name tags are disabled when thermals are used (and fade is enabled)

- Changed ID ranges method. ID range is now only limited by the strength of optics (among other conditions).

- Tweaked fade handling

- Changed getFogViewDistance to be suitable for showNames. Should not be used anywhere else.

- getZoom function added.

- Fixed a few zero divisor errors.

zam v1.0.3 - 04-08-2014:

- Added CBA as a dependancy.

- Changed over to CBA keyhandler for all mods. You should now set your keys in the game options.

- Updated ShowNames and tap.

showNames V3.1.4 - 04-08-2014:

- Changed over to CBA keyhandler. You should now set your key in the game options.

- Attempted to fix _vd_player bug.

tap V1.3.3 - 04-08-2014:

- Changed over to CBA keyhandler. You should now set your key in the game options.

zam v1.0.2 - 23-07-2014:

- Updated all the mods

- Changed the way the config is handled completely (it works properly now). You need to make sure you have the new one.

showNames V3.1.3 - 23-07-2014:

- Added option to use key as toggle (set 'zam_showNames_conf_toggle = true' in the userconfig).

- Added singleplayer support

- Fixed zero divisor error with null check

- Fixed userconfig mess

res v2.0.2 - 23-07-2014:

- Fixed userconfig mess

tap V1.3.2 - 23-07-2014:

- Fixed userconfig mess

zam v1.0.1 - 15-07-2014:

- Changed versioning scheme.

res v2.01 - 15-07-2014:

- Fixed position, stance and dir restore.

zam R20 - 13-07-2014:

- First public release of all mods

- All PBOs signed with key provided

- Readme revised to be easier to publish

showNames V3.1.2 - 12-07-2014:

- Calibrated TFAR feature

- Fixed TS3 crash due to call extension on null object. Now tfar_eh more cautious.

showNames V3.1.1 - 12-07-2014:

- Tweaked names heights when in vehicles and standing

- Added safety to make sure discoverable objects and normally seen objects don't clash

tap V1.3.1 - 12-07-2014:

- Tweaked cfgPatches entry to be in line with other zam entries.

res V2 - 11-07-2014:

- Rewritten to be a more secure client-server system, where player data is only stored on the server

- Added request function

- renamed save function to getData and changed it's core function

showNames V3.1 - 09-07-2014:

- Reduced name tag sizes

- Feature added to allow mission makers to make units discoverable (knowledge feature) (optional)

- addDiscoverable function added

- Added support for miscellaneous objects through knowledge feature (name tag will display as ruck sack name tag)

- pressLoop function added - A helper thread to offload calculations from the onEachFrame stack that also allows finer performance controls

- Massive performance optimisation through the use of pressLoop function

- Added TFAR support

- Feature added to indicate relative volume of speaker (through redness of name tag) (Optional)

- tfar_eh function added

- tfar_vol function added

- Renamed to showNames

- Fixed support for AGM medical by avoiding side confusion as a result of setCaptive

- Added fog effect modifier for different types of objects (as backpacks where too easy to see through fog)

res V1.3 - 04-07-2014:

- Added alive player persistance detection. zam_res will be overridden by alive

- Updated to aeroson's getLoadout v3.4

- Updated to aeroson's setLoadout v4.3

- Added mag restore back in due to better getLoadout handling

showNames V3 - 04-07-2014:

- Most code re-written and adjusted to allow for easier addition of features

- getFogViewDistance function added

- getRankIcon function added

- Feature added to display image of unit's rank (optional)

- Feature added to display last user of ruck when one is put on the ground (optional)

- Feature added to make players of the same group have their names show up bolder and everyone else's lighter, if applicable (optional)

- Feature added to make name tags fade with distance, taking into account time of day and magnification (optional)

- Feature added to make name tags fade even more depending on fog (including new A3 fog) (optional)

- Feature added to detect non optical magnification and linearly adjust name tag sizes accordingly (optional)

- Added userconfig to change user action keys used and default options for features

- Fixed detection of crouch stance

- Adjusted name tag heights (for ranks and tweaks)

- Adjusted maximum text and icon sizes for rucks and people

- Added different categories of maximum text sizes to allow for smaller max text size for vehicle occupants (to better differentiate them)

- Many more smaller adjustements

tap V1.3 - 04-07-2014:

- Added userconfig to change user action keys used

showNames V2.3 - 18-02-2014:

- Did some fiddly stuff in OnEachFrame to ensure no unnecessary calculations are done.

- Limited the size the text can become.

showNames V2.2 - 31-01-2014:

- Changed the way name tag height is calculated, to take into account different stances.

- Changed the way unit list is generated to display names for. 3 orders of magnitude faster and better vehicle handling, but limited or no AI support.

showNames V2.1 - 28-01-2014:

- More Optimizations

- (Fixed) zero divizor error

- Changed which object's names are shown

- Added new functions to filter arrays

res V1.2 - 28-01-2014:

- Switched over to using CfgFunctions (Done by LH)

showNames V2 - 28-01-2014:

- Swich from onEachFrame to BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler (Done by LH)

- Major Optimizations (Done by LH)

- Removed line of sight to lower body check (Done by LH)

tap V1.2 - 28-01-2014:

- Switched over to using CfgFunctions (Done by LH)

res V1.0 - 17-12-2013:

- start of changelog

- (fixed) Weapon 'twitch'

- (removed) mag restore (due Weapon 'twitch')

- (removed) mag saving (due to above)

Edited by Phoenix_ZA
Updated zam package to v1.0.6

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you! Sorry for making extra work for you as I wasn't sure how to format it for your site.

New mod v0.20 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@zam.png

@ Phoenix of Zulu-Alpha;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks! Although the link is not working at this time, but I'm sure it will work shortly :)

Thanks for releasing this bud, one quick question. Does the Zam_res have the ability to save client information across server restarts? And how does it save the info, I.e could it be applied to multiple missions, MSO style?

Cheers

Its not designed to be persistent, merely to provide resistance to crashing, and even allowing a pause by quitting and coming back later. It saves the data in the mission name space. Infact it is designed to play well with Alive player persistence (which I forgot to mention), in that it disables itself automatically if it detects the alive player persistence module.

I just noticed that zam_resume doesn't restore positional information. I'm going to push a fix through ASAP.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Updated. See first post (download link under installation has new version)

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Hello Phoenix

I need your assistance here as I can't get the names to show up. The addon loads fine (I see it in functions viewer) and the keys I tried work when bound to useraction 6 for the shoulder tap, but not useraction 5. Do I need to use TFAR or enable some setting ingame? I tried starting without other addons and only CBA to avoid conflicts, but I am on dev branch currently and didn't try stable yet.

Hello Phoenix

I need your assistance here as I can't get the names to show up. The addon loads fine (I see it in functions viewer) and the keys I tried work when bound to useraction 6 for the shoulder tap, but not useraction 5. Do I need to use TFAR or enable some setting ingame? I tried starting without other addons and only CBA to avoid conflicts, but I am on dev branch currently and didn't try stable yet.

You shouldn't need to enable TFAR or any other mod. ZAM automatically detects if you have it or not and sets itself accordingly (overriding your user-config or mission settings). I double checked this just now by launching the game through PWS with nothing but @ZAM enabled, placed down a bunch of playable units (it checks for playable units only (except for units added through the knowledge system)) and it still works. I use the h key for useraction 5, but many other keys should work.

How are you testing it? In the editor with AI? If so then make sure they are playable and note that this was meant for multilayer, though it can be expanded to single-player use in an update.

Doh! FPDR

Yes, I was testing in the editor with AI, didn't remember to try it again in our mp session last night. It's working fine now, so thanks for the help and of course releasing the addon.

One of the best nametag mods out there for me :)

But I'd like to know if there was a way to make the name tags toggle on or stay on instead of having to hold the key down and have it turn off name tags on key release.

This would help immensely during briefings and debriefs in the community I currently run with if possible.

Edited by GailExodus

If so then make sure they are playable and note that this was meant for multilayer, though it can be expanded to single-player use in an update.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would include this feature for single player. I don't often play multiplayer but I still want to be able to see the names and ranks of my squad. Really excellent work btw.

One of the best nametag mods out there for me :)

But I'd like to know if there was a way to make the name tags toggle on or stay on instead of having to hold the key down and have it turn off name tags on key release.

This would help immensely during briefings and debriefs in the community I currently run with if possible.

Thanks and sorry for only getting back to you now. There is no way ATM, but I can add it in the next update, where you can use your key as a toggle by setting a variable in the user-config to true.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

I would really appreciate it if you guys would include this feature for single player. I don't often play multiplayer but I still want to be able to see the names and ranks of my squad. Really excellent work btw.

Thanks and I'll add that support in the next update

Thanks and sorry for only getting back to you now. There is no way ATM, but I can add it in the next update, where you can use your key as a toggle by setting a variable in the user-config to true.

Looking forward to the update! Keep up the good work :)

Updated:

zam v1.0.2 - 23-07-2014:

- Updated all the mods

- Changed the way the config is handled completely (it works properly now). You need to make sure you have the new one.

showNames V3.1.3 - 23-07-2014:

- Added option to use key as toggle (set 'zam_showNames_conf_toggle = true' in the userconfig).

- Added singleplayer support

- Fixed zero divisor error with null check

- Fixed userconfig mess

res v2.0.2 - 23-07-2014:

- Fixed userconfig mess

tap V1.3.2 - 12-07-2014:

- Fixed userconfig mess

See first post for download link.

I may also change the loadout functions used in resume with ones provided by sion in the next update, but that would require a bit of testing first.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

This is great, even better than mk4 HUD! :)

If I may make a proposal, you might be better off using CBA and its new keybinding system instead of user actions. The problem with those is that the standard way of checking them (_key in actionKeys "xxx") will not work with qualifiers. The new keybinding API in CBA makes this possible plus gives a nice meaningful GUI for configuring keys.

Just an idea, great addon for sure, I like the Line-of-Sight testing for the labels.

EDIT: And it would be nice if it could display team colors as well.

Edited by Alwarren

If I may make a proposal, you might be better off using CBA and its new keybinding system instead of user actions. The problem with those is that the standard way of checking them (_key in actionKeys "xxx") will not work with qualifiers. The new keybinding API in CBA makes this possible plus gives a nice meaningful GUI for configuring keys.

Just an idea, great addon for sure, I like the Line-of-Sight testing for the labels.

I noticed the limitations of the action keys a while ago, but I wasn't aware of the CBA API. I'll have a look at it, thanks. The ZAM currently doesn't have any dependencies, so I am a little hesitant adding one (although it is a common dependency) and I was hoping to merge showNames with AGM which has its own key-binding system superior to action keys, but otherwise it does sound like a good idea.

I noticed the limitations of the action keys a while ago, but I wasn't aware of the CBA API. I'll have a look at it, thanks. The ZAM currently doesn't have any dependencies, so I am a little hesitant adding one (although it is a common dependency) and I was hoping to merge showNames with AGM which has its own key-binding system superior to action keys, but otherwise it does sound like a good idea.

Yeah, I can perfectly understand the hesitation to add dependencies, but since this is mainly used for multiplayer, it's rather likely that CBA is used anyway (due to JSRS for example) :)