you are quite the artist my friend, glad to have guys like you and Adacas around, highly appreciated with all your help...

Would be awesome to see this project evolve in the years so that it has absolutely EVERYTHING the NORAF got. 

With srbknight making the Fridtjof Nansen, this would be awesome to have with it ;)

There may not be any more updates to this mod for a while. I have since started working on other stuff until I can come back to this.

Nooo... :/ Warden, please promise me this is not the end for the NORAF mod!

Sometimes things just happen and mods fade away never to be seen, or like Warden spending time on other projects, it's just the way modding is at times.. if Warden says he's not killing the mod, that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

All you need to do is look back at the great ideas from 2-3 years ago in this very topic header when the game was released, they're just pipe dreams now, some of them looked very promising, like Donny's KSK.. that just dried up, never seen the light of day.

Yeah well, I don't think many may fully appreciate just how stressful making a mod can be. I never imagined just how stressful and trying it can be until I started myself. There's a LOT of up's and down's--many times you face more down's than up's--that keep wearing you down. And if you don't have enough like-minded and willing people under your wing, it's very difficult to keep working and pumping things out in way of progress. Trust me, I've been working on Project ASTFOR for going 3 years now counting 2016. Actually, 4+, as ASTFOR was originally concepted back during my ArmA 2 OA days with StalkerGB and Robert Hammer. I have more horror stories than I care to recall during my time, and I am just thankful all the stress hasn't made me bald headed yet, lol. 

It's one thing to slap one whole texture over a uniform and call it done and populate the community with a billion versions of the same pattern or something that modding communities tend to see with games that support modding. But to take something with a much bigger scope and form it from the ground up out of nothing with a lot of care to details is totally another. Sometimes, doing this kind of work sucks balls big time, but at the end of the day when you see things coming together and you get that spark back and see so many people dig it--it makes all the pressure and stress worth it in the end.   :)

I'm sure NORAF will continue when and where it can. Besides, Asteland is going to need to make sure it has big brother Norway and others by its side. The ArmAverse needs some good Viking Power behind it!  ;)  :P

• Like 4

Yeah well, I don't think many may fully appreciate just how stressful making a mod can be. I never imagined just how stressful and trying it can be until I started myself. There's a LOT of up's and down's--many times you face more down's than up's--that keep wearing you down. And if you don't have enough like-minded and willing people under your wing, it's very difficult to keep working and pumping things out in way of progress. Trust me, I've been working on Project ASTFOR for going 3 years now counting 2016. Actually, 4+, as ASTFOR was originally concepted back during my ArmA 2 OA days with StalkerGB and Robert Hammer. I have more horror stories than I care to recall during my time, and I am just thankful all the stress hasn't made me bald headed yet, lol. 

It's one thing to slap one whole texture over a uniform and call it done and populate the community with a billion versions of the same pattern or something that modding communities tend to see with games that support modding. But to take something with a much bigger scope and form it from the ground up out of nothing with a lot of care to details is totally another. Sometimes, doing this kind of work sucks balls big time, but at the end of the day when you see things coming together and you get that spark back and see so many people dig it--it makes all the pressure and stress worth it in the end.   :)

I'm sure NORAF will continue when and where it can. Besides, Asteland is going to need to make sure it has big brother Norway and others by its side. The ArmAverse needs some good Viking Power behind it!  ;)  :P

Well said! 

• Like 1

awesome

Uc9TwYh.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 4

There may not be any more updates to this mod for a while. I have since started working on other stuff until I can come back to this.

Will they be in the next RHS update or not?

Yo Warden - has there been any new progress on the project latley? I'm dying to have camo covers on your (RHS) opscore helmet!

Yo Warden - has there been any new progress on the project latley? I'm dying to have camo covers on your (RHS) opscore helmet!

Asking for updates/progress is considered spam mate, don't fall foul of the moderators, if Warden_1 was keeping this on the front burner, he'd have let people know.

True that, Ill keep my mouth shut.. but fingers crossed ;)

• Like 1

Ah yeah I forgot about that cover. I'll see what I can do with it. Maybe Adacas can toss it in his pack.

• Like 1

True that, Ill keep my mouth shut.. but fingers crossed ;)

Please don't ask for updates, such posts are considered spam as per the forum rules. If you not familiar with them, please take time to read them. I would hate to ask again as forum penalties may occur  :ph34r:

Ah yeah I forgot about that cover. I'll see what I can do with it. Maybe Adacas can toss it in his pack.

would it not be better to put it in the Noraf mod along with the mp7 that is allready out, so we don't have to download a bunch of other "non-norwegian stuff" that we don't need?

Is this project dead?

It's on the back burner, Warden_1 is concentrating on much larger projects, as can be seen with his Ops Cores making their way into RHS.