I decided it was in everyone's best interest for me to redo the 416N so I have a much nicer low-poly that I am happy with and I am going to redo and rebake the high poly.

Still a lot of work to do but as it is the main weapon for the mod.... I needs to be better, all that is really left on the low poly is converting the rail to the 416N model and adding the new CQB and 16" barrel.

TpQb2IX.png

• Like 3

Revisiting the Ops Core for some quick normal changes.

6kUL8VE.png

aeeCJsu.png

Opinions?

• Like 7

Hi,

it all looks very promising.

Thank you that we may partake of the progress.

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

Been watching this for awhile. Awesome work! Really looks like top notch quality! Can't wait for more :)

Ops-Core Counterweight kit, commonly used by TMBN. Which leaves us at this poly count:
OpsCore Ballistic = 6420 tri

Mohawk cover=      1290 tri

Counterweight kit =  456 tri

My cap is 10k tri for the helmet and all accessories, I plan on making 3 versions that will have all the accessories on each and they will be disabled/enabled through hiddentextures so that we only have 3 models total. The only other things I will be adding to the helmet are 2 TMBN patches, double chem light on top and a name tape.

PF86jIq.png

• Like 2

Mostly done, just need to fix some smaller normal map and diffuse issues.

MaWWWU4.pngMwHG77o.png

y0y7w51.png

Does anyone know if there is a way I can post the image and have it displayed but at 50% size?

• Like 3

I remade the TMBN patches that they've been sporting recently, they will possible to put on all the helmets and come in this CB/Tan color and OD/Black.

xdcKib9.png

• Like 2

At this point I'm basically just trying to ruin the performance enhancements we made by reducing the poly count of the opscore...I'm just going to keep adding all the small details I need and see where we land tri-count wise... luckily this only adds 240 tris for the two of the chemlights. Keep in mind the final texture for the chems will have electrical tape around them so that only a small portion of the middle is IR reflective.

pWL4AAc.png

Highres: http://i.imgur.com/ImeFHhw.png

*Update

AkmWEN5.png

Highres: http://i.imgur.com/0RKHKpH.png

I will be releasing the helmet as a standalone probably as soon as I am finished. Of course everything on the helmet was made by our team (save the VAS shroud which was partially remodeled) so that means that I will be allowing other modders to use the source files and have access to all my files for it if they message me with what they intend to use it for. The Carbon and Maritime versions will follow shortly. Sorry for the long wait.

• Like 5

A little work I did today... sitting at 6400 tris for the whole thing. which is much better than the previous 18,000 I had.

F9vED4c.png

8mcIcDQ.jpg

• Like 5

looking absolutely awesome man. this is looking to be a amazing mod.

I'm just overall keen for all the stuff that isn't vanilla, the stuff that in my opinion Arma is missing at this current stage.

• Like 1

I'm just overall keen for all the stuff that isn't vanilla, the stuff that in my opinion Arma is missing at this current stage.

I am very against generic reskinning, I can promise you anything that isn't accurate will be replaced. I think even the balaclava that is already in A3 is too different from the ones FSK,MJK and TMBN use so I will be redoing those as well.

• Like 2

Yeah the balaclava's in Vanilla are more suited to the setting (guerrilla warfare, thrown together gear). I'm pretty sure your FSK, just like our SASR use the Merino Headover or what ever your countries equivalent name for it is. They're more multi-purpose than a traditional balaclava's and that's why they choose them.  

R7sIPJy.jpgPk4piHf.jpg 

I could be wrong in my observation for the gear you guys actually wear.

Yeah the balaclava's in Vanilla are more suited to the setting (guerrilla warfare, thrown together gear). I'm pretty sure your FSK, just like our SASR use the Merino Headover or what ever your countries equivalent name for it is. They're more multi-purpose than a traditional balaclava's and that's why they choose them.  

Yes norwegian forces often use the NFM balaclavas and headwraps as well as the plata style headcover. The variations I was referring to were mainly concerning a single hole and 3 hole balclava in which they usually tape the fabric between the eyes together so that it doesnt inhibit view. Like this one http://imgur.com/atJnkWj

Interesting. Well to be honest, anything personally made, you want it to look the best it can be, your uniforms wouldn't look right with the vanilla helmets, or vests. For special forces why would you make something all awesome with your own custom made gear, only for it to be spoiled by the basic balaclava. I can't wait to see what you guys have managed to put together for your release, it will be great. 

I reckon its all mission spesific. The three  hole full balaclava is fire retardant so you want to use it in VBSS type of situations for example. Then again the headwrap is more versatile and light weight and suits more needs but doesent offer as much protection. 

The vanilla arma balaclava is something BI haven't paid any attention into. It looks like a really thick wool balaclava made for hunting/fishing or raping people. Has nothing to do with military.

This mod is looking awesome though, those N/SEAS and the opscore look beatiful.  :wub:

NFM makes all the different balaclavas in whatever fabric type they need, you can see most of them on their store. Anyways thanks and I'll be putting up some more screen shots once I finish this NSeas mount and correct the ops cores in-game color.

Wow, good job! Are you planning on releasing anything soonish?

A full TMBN kit will be released Jan. 1st of 2016 and more will follow after that. This opscore I will release with NSeas in a standalone pack to bug test it as soon as I am happy with it... so maybe a week.

TMBN is mechanized infantry for the most part, the Opscore will contain standard issue versions so you can use them for TMBN and norwegian infantry, but you will also be able to replace the norwegian patches with whatever you want and I'll give out the PSDs for them, and there will be a version of the ops core that is generic so you can use it with other units. Something like this:

- Nseas NVG

- Ops Core Ballistic

- Ops Core Ballistic w/mohawk cover and patches and the other stuff

- Ops Core Ballistic no cover and patches and the other stuff

- Ops Core Ballistic no cover and patches and the other stuff w/Nseas mount type 11

- Ops Core Ballistic no cover and patches and the other stuff w/Nseas mount type 12

- some various grease painted versions of the ops core (largely norwegian style stuff)

- source files for those who ask so you can do your own thing if that suits you more.

- Maybe a Gallet SF helmet with the NSeas stuff on it

• Like 1