Sign in to follow this  
DerBiwi

Include Weapon animation, when one grenade is fired.

Hey Folks, Im currently working on a Weapon with included Grenade Launcher. The GL got a two chamber system (one Grenade in the barrel, the other behind it.)

Now, I want to realize this Animation:

The very special thing is, that the animation just have to start, when:

1. Before shooting, both GRenades are in the "MAgazine".

2. The Magazine is NOT empty.

I thought abaout a script solution with eventhandlers and count elements, but I dont know, how to realize this Script and include into the config and/or the Model.cfg, so some help would be very nice :)

The other thing, I wanted to ask is, whether I only need an .rtm, shown in the video (of course later exported from Matrices) or I need more than this.

Answers and all help is welcome.

Greets,

Biwi

nice work

do i understand right? you are planning to give the rifle 2 different underbarrel grenade launcher with different magazines?

then if the ugl 1 is fired it switches to ugl2 with the other round (based on fired eh you want to trigger the animation)

the main problem that i see are the weapon firemodes:

how to prevent ugl2 to be selectable if ugl1 is loaded / how to skip ugl1 if empty[and if you skip it how to reload it]

clearly i am doing a overinterpretation for this [if you need scratch my rambling]

*dreams of a mgl 140 with different grenades*

mfg

Mortis

There are no existing hardcoded sources (e.g. reload2, revolving2 etc.) that would offer this sort of functionality for a second weapon muzzle (i.e an underslung grenade launcher module in addition to the main rifle muzzle). Those sort of animation sources only exist for the weapon's primary muzzle at this time.

And to my knowledge you still can't create custom, user-sourced (script-controlled) animations for weapon models using class AnimationSources in the config.

I'd love to be proved wrong on the second point, but that's how it's was in Arma 1 & 2, and can't find any indication that Arma 3 is any different in this respect.

BAd to Hear :(

Where can I create one?

Maybe I can create a ticket to change this...

@Devs, fix it please, if you see this post...

Would be really awesome if you could realize this.

@SaltatorMortis.

No, there are no 2 diferent UGLs.

Its one "barrel" , divided by the cover. If the first grenade is launched, the second GRenade will be transported into the "mainbarrel" from where it will be shooten. If the "magazine is empty, the Grenadier have to put the first grenade into the last part. Then the mechanic push the first grenade into the mainbarrel, then the Soldier can put the second grenade into it.

I've already workeda bit on project art for an GrenadeLauncher, with the same System, but with an Magazine under it... ;).

This would be more Aesy, because of one primary muzzle.

its basically a grenade launcher with a 2 shot magazine...

There are no existing hardcoded sources (e.g. reload2, revolving2 etc.) that would offer this sort of functionality for a second weapon muzzle (i.e an underslung grenade launcher module in addition to the main rifle muzzle). Those sort of animation sources only exist for the weapon's primary muzzle at this time.

Do the default sources reload and reloadmagazine not trigger with the second muzzle as well? If there is a way to use the selected muzzle as source (basically in analogy to a fireselector switch) you can unhide animated parts of the UBGL if the UBGL is selected. If the default gun is selected, hide animated and unhide unanimated parts.

However - i would first check your model if you can really see something of that animation when firing the weapon. Because the whole thing could be completely wasted efford

Edited by Fennek

Because the whole thing could be completely wasted efford

realized it yesterday. The whole Animation is covered :)

its basically a grenade launcher with a 2 shot magazine...

Do the default sources reload and reloadmagazine not trigger with the second muzzle as well? If there is a way to use the selected muzzle as source (basically in analogy to a fireselector switch) you can unhide animated parts of the UBGL if the UBGL is selected. If the default gun is selected, hide animated and unhide unanimated parts.

That's a good point, I forgot that the bolt etc still moves when you fire the UGL muzzle.

Can use the weaponMuzzle source with a hide type animation to reveal the animating GL selections that Biwi wants (with unhideValue = 1 I guess), or simply have some sort of dust cover over the UGL chamber when it's not in use.