Sign in to follow this  
sayjimwoo

Anyone tried a 4790K yet?

I have purchased an i7 4790K (oc'd at 4.7ghz), Plextor M6e PCI Express SSD, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz ram and a 780ti with a 1080p monitor, I only play single player games. Is this setup going to give me a constant 60fps with high graphical settings or are some AI missions still going to drag my frames down?

I have purchased an i7 4790K (oc'd at 4.7ghz), Plextor M6e PCI Express SSD, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz ram and a 780ti with a 1080p monitor, I only play single player games. Is this setup going to give me a constant 60fps with high graphical settings or are some AI missions still going to drag my frames down?

I´m buiding a new rig with this CPU. The only review i found with this processor and ArmA 3 was this: http://pclab.pl/art58123.html

I am jumping from a Q6600 to a 4790K :)

I have a 4790k not oc'ed, with a R9-290. I don't play A3 much at all, but I do still play A2 from time to time. The E08 bench in A2 (more realistic bench) with a full set of mods running (pretty heavy going some of the ones I use), bench was 79fps. Vanilla, as is, no mods running, bench was 103fps. This is the middle figures, test was run 3 times each.

Its fast, and you have chosen a fast card, so provided that oc doesn't backfire, you'll enjoy the performance very much ;)

I'm running a 4770k at 4.5ghz with a 770 classified, upgraded from an i7 920 at 2.4 + 570.

The difference was incredible to say the least.

Just don't expect any miracles, it's still arma after all, at least for your single player performance it should be more than enough to experience fluid gameplay.