Sign in to follow this  
giovafr

[SP/MP] BegCTI

BegCTI is a branch of BeCTI made by Benny. If you are looking for BeCTI or didn't test it, i invite you to go on BeCTI topic.

Why BegCTI

I was playing with BeCTI alone on Arma3. This is really a great mission, pretty well done but as i was playing alone, few things went wrong: I passed more time to manage my lost AI than playing, more over Altis is a huge map, so it was impossible to finish this mission as many AI fininished to travel the whole map by feet.

No BeCTI update have been made from so many months, so i started to do some modifications, fix some bugs, and finnaly decided to share my work: here is BegCTI, a modification of the original BeCTI. It is more oriented Solo / Coop (but you still can use it for Team vs Team).

Main differences between BeCTI and BegCTI

Be able to play alone, or in coop is my first objectif, here few points regarding this :

• If there is only one player (human) he can do some commander actions. He becomes a kind of 2nd commander : a co-commander
  • co-commander max group size pass from 12 units max to 24 units max
  • co-commander can call artillery
  • co-commander can use sattelite
  • Each FOB (advanced outpost) can be upgraded to a Fob-Factory (3000$ per fob)
  • Fob-factory extend the "control center" range (control center range = 7500m ; + 2500m around each fob-factory)
  • Units, vehicle , tanks can be produced by Fob-Factory

Fob-factory works in v0.98a but will be modified to make game more balanced.

Other changes

• Player can reorganise his team , see "reorder feature" bellow
  • There is now flags on each town, (green/blue/red depending of the town side),flag moves up/down like in battlefield.
  • Some change have been made regarding default equipment to be more close of Arma3.
  • Added an "antistick system" that prevent AI vehicle to stay blocked agains a rock/tree/house. (see description bellow)
  • Artillery have been reshaped to be more close of Arma3. (artillery can be disabled anyway)

For other changes, refere to the full release note:

Release note

v0.98a

-Binocular was raising errors, it has been replaced by "Range finder" (a kind of laser designator without laser nor TWN view)

-Player can reorder his units (select a unit with F1-F12, then press Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right)

-New feature : AntiStick Vehicle Now any vehicle driven by AI will not be sticked to an obstacle anymore (can take up to 5 minutes to unstick it)

-Each town now haves flags (green , blue, red) depending on the town side.

-Town flags move up/down during capture

-Date changed to 19 Jun 2014 so days are long, nights are short

-FOBs can now be upgraded to factory (it cost 3000$ per fob)

-Fob Factory purchasse range is shorter than usual factories ones (defined by CTI_BASE_PURCHASE_UNITS_RANGE_DIV constant ; 3 times shorter by default)

-Fob factory also act as a mini control center, its range is much more shorter than classic control center (defined by CTI_BASE_PURCHASE_UNITS_RANGE_DIV constant; 3 times shorter by default)

-West : some NLan launcher have been added to vehicles cargo (considering it can be used once only, just adding rockets has no sense)

-salvagers are now bobcat class vehicle (without ammo) for both sides (as trucks passed their time to explode wheels on rocks ;) )

-workers are now Indendant class units for both side (easyier to recognise than light soldier)

First Release : BEG_CTI by Giova v0.98a

Original version: BE_CTI by Benny v0.97

AntiStick System

With Arma3 it is a catastroph : AI driven vehicle pass their time to be sticked to a rock/tree/house. They NEVER arrive at destination. AntiStick System fix this problem and garanty that the vehicle will do its job.

In care of not overusing CPU, it may take up to 5 minutes (usually 1 minute) to unstick the vehicle. Be also advised that as last solution, if the vehicle still sticked after many try, it will be teleported to the closest road. Yes i know, not realist, but better than an useless freezed vehicle ;)

TO use it : nothing to do, it is automatic for ALL AI driven vehicle.

Reorder Team Feature

As soon as you loose your first units, it become a hell to manage it (eg: the driver of your tank become unit n°3 while his gunner become unit n°11). So you pass your time to press F11-F12.

Reorder feature make possible to change that by reordering each unit position in your group.

How to use :

1) select an unit by pressing F1 ~ F12

2) press Ctrl + LeftArrow or Ctrl + Right Arrow to move this unit to the previous or next group position.

Credits

99% of the code is BeCTI made by Benny. So Benny is the autor of that mission.

I'm simply the humble technician who arrived to give a last screwdriver tour.

To resume, credits can be considered like that :

BeCTI (Benny CTI)

Autor : Benny

BegCTI (Benny Giova CTI)

A modification made by Giova

Release Plan

Rather than doing big releases that are never published, i decided to do often releases : one release every 2 weeks (1 month max). This is because things are never over, and without that, i would never release anything.

I cannot tell you what will be done far in the futur. I Just can tell you what will be done in the next 2 weeks.

next planning :

-Allow to save gear template with any item : considering Arma3 haves poor content, i consider this make no sense to have to reselect items one by one for each AI , each time it respawn, just because there one item from the other side.

-Fix Bug : when we rearm an AirVehicle it loose flares, i'll fix it.

-Add automated Static-MG to defenses (it'll have a limited life cycle to preserve CPU)

-Improve FOB-factory stuff

-Many other little things

Download Link :

Upload Hero : http://uploadhero.co/dl/o0F4CoaN

Armaholic : BegCTI CTI-x

Edited by giovaFR
added link

you're welcome, feel free to send me feedback :)

Here's some feedback:

- I really like the AntiStick feature for the AI. But it also unstucks units that are not stuck. Eg I have an artillery setup in a town behind me to support my advance. It gets ported around because it has a driver with running engine.

- The Reorder Team Feature is working as it should. :bounce3:

- the FOB factory is a nice feature but in my opinion it is a bit OP and makes lategame logistics (eg. helo with attached vehicles, C17 with tanks loaded) irrelevant

Maybe you can take a look at this problem with the headless client.

Did anybody tinker with BECTI and the headless client ability lately? There seems to be a huge discrepancy between the AI-Remote the server thinks the hc has and the AI-Local the hc really does have.

http://i.imgur.com/sjpjI4q.png

Also when enabling the HC it tends to eat performance instead of giving any advantage. And before you ask, the server im running this on has sufficient performance

Edited by gabberxxl

Thanks for your feedback

Here's some feedback:

- It gets ported around because it has a driver with running engine.

It is not supposed to be like this, it should happens only if driver is far from his assigned Waypoint + his vehicle is not moving for a "long" time.

I'll keep an eye on that.

- the FOB factory is a nice feature but in my opinion it is a bit OP and makes lategame logistics (eg. helo with attached vehicles, C17 with tanks loaded) irrelevant

This feature is mostly for solo as AI doesn't use hook. I'll do some change around it to keep game balanced and finishable.

Regarding performance, this is probably the last thing i'll work on because BIS release updates very often.

The re-order team is a useful addition .... thought about releasing this as an addon ?

Hi giovaFR,

do you think you could add the option to select how many towns would be active at mission start? I don't have the time to fight for the whole map and capture all 50 towns. I would appreciate it to have the option to only battle for let's say 10 or 15 towns. I like it the way the guys who're making crCTI are doing it. There you can select the amount of towns and also the configuration / spread.

Also my RPT is getting spammed with the following:

20:26:07 Client: Object 2:55 (type Type_88) not found.

20:26:07 Client: Object 2:56 (type Type_88) not found.

20:26:08 "force:WEST val:30 (half:15)"

20:26:08 "relpos : 0"

20:26:08 "down : (30 - 30 ) / 5) * 1.66667"

20:26:09 Error: Object(2 : 56) not found

20:26:09 Client: Object 2:56 (type Type_113) not found.

20:26:09 "force:EAST val:30 (half:15)"

20:26:09 "relpos : 0"

20:26:09 "down : (30 - 30 ) / 5) * 1.66667"

20:26:09 Client: Object 2:55 (type Type_88) not found.

20:26:09 Client: Object 2:56 (type Type_88) not found.

20:26:09 Error: Object(2 : 55) not found

20:26:10 "force:GUER val:30 (half:15)"

20:26:10 "relpos : 0"

20:26:10 "down : (30 - 30 ) / 5) * 1.66667"

Any idea where it might be comming from? I haven't noticed this in any other mission I played lately, so I guess it's not related to any Addon or so.

First off, thanks for doing this! I play ARMA 3 solely with my brother doing coop missions against AI... We've been missing the Warfare mode of ARMA 2 in the new game.

Which kind of brings me to a problem we've encountered...

When I play by myself with this mission... Everything works fine. The moment my brother joins up, the factories stop outputting units for us. The AI teams can still build units, but we cannot.

If I recall correctly, I can still purchase *empty* vehicles, but no troops are spawning for our teams.

We can play BECTI 0.97 without any issues, but I prefer your version seeing as it's being maintained and you added quite a few nice touches to the mission.

Any help would be great!

Thanks, I got some players together to try this,and this works a bit better than BECTI. One question through: How do you get AT for helicopters? I got the upgrade, but still does not show up for the AH99

edit: also, I can't seem to respawn in an AI unit in my squad

Edited by El Mariachi