Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

AI does not die on first shot

Hey guys, I am having problems with killing AI who does not die on the first shot. I first thought it was an AI mod I use which are ASR, TMR, TPWCAS.

So first thing I did was remove the mods 1 by 1 and see if it fixed the problem, it didnt! so I removed all and played the game with no mods and its still doing it.

When I shoot an AI they kind of get hit and there body from waste to head shoots backwards and then he starts shooting back again as if he is super human or

has awesome body armour lol. Obviously head shots kill the AI instantly, shots in the left just makes them attack me back without even falling or being injured so

it seems. I would like it so when I hit the guy in the chest he is down either dead or very wounded, same goes as being hit in the leg he will be wounded obviously

and cant walk.

Is there a way to make it so 1 shot 1 kill - something like that, I checked the game options to see if there was such thing and no. Or is there any mod which does

this kind of wounding and realistic body shots instead of what we have now? or at least I have anyways.

Thanks.

Edit: sorry I wanted to mention - if its not due to an AI mod which is causing this, could it be anything else related to why its doing it? Mind listing any mods

which could cause as such so I can then rule them out and start from that.

That happens because he does have awesome body armor. Try fighting unarmored FIA insurgents and one 6.5mm round or better ought to do it.

hehe I did think of that and tried exactly what you said already but still no difference, same ammo used too.

Have you checked your difficulty settings? If so, I would set up a mission where the target has some mags with only one bullet in them, load yourself with the same gun and have a shoot out. If it takes as many bullets to kill the enemy as it does you, then I imagine that it would be fine.

Have you checked your difficulty settings? If so, I would set up a mission where the target has some mags with only one bullet in them, load yourself with the same gun and have a shoot out. If it takes as many bullets to kill the enemy as it does you, then I imagine that it would be fine.

Yes I checked the settings, but what exactly am I looking for to make them die with just the 1 shot or maybe even wounded instead of just flipping back and then shooting once again lol, thanks.

This happens with me too, but first it looks like the guy spine is broken, than he is magically all right and shoot with a supernatural precision, over 300 meters with a carbine and iron sights

This happens with me too, but first it looks like the guy spine is broken, than he is magically all right and shoot with a supernatural precision, over 300 meters with a carbine and iron sights

Exactly what im having, you just put it in a better way :P haha

Will try it, but this mod clashes with other AI enhanced mods like TPW and ASR etc... thanks, will report back with my findings :)

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Report back - yes mate! this fixed it, much much better now and 1 shot 1 kills which makes better in every aspect.

Thank you :)

What you are talking about in this thread simply does not exist in the game yet, but has the possibility of installing a mod that solves in part the big problem of having to shoot 6 bullets to shoot down AI.

Another solution would be unrealistic to send 1 million emails to the company that developed the game "BIS" to modify this part of the game that does not appeal to almost anyone. :nerner::638:

I have no problems with shoothing the torso more than once if the target wear a plate carrier. They can protect you from so me shots

It's the fact that they completely ignore that they have been shot, feels like you might as well throw stones at them, there's no immersive gameplay other than fire the required amount of lead into them.

It's the fact that they completely ignore that they have been shot, feels like you might as well throw stones at them, there's no immersive gameplay other than fire the required amount of lead into them.

Exactly the point. If a soldier take a bullet, he should be vastly incapacitated. In previous iteractions of the engine he was dead, which was a good compromise, because an injured soldier on the battlefield is usually as good as dead, in his capacity to keep fighting (it is such a problem in fact, that many calibers were designed to injured but not to kill). Now they introduced body armour simulation (just because it was very easy to do), which only observable effect is that you have to shoot a soldier 6 times to get him out the way. Similation is complex matter, and BIS is doing it wrong right now.

So what are the best mods to increase /realism and damage for A3 so they dont do this stupid motion and shhot back with deadly accuracy...

cheers

So what are the best mods to increase /realism and damage for A3 so they dont do this stupid motion and shhot back with deadly accuracy...

cheers

Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo is spot on.

Made my own little "kill" addon (about 6 months ago?) but resorted to using his as the config was a little more sexy!

Funnily enough, he used the same values like i did to make rifles deadly again (and i never released my addon) - that makes us kill-buddies :D

im pretty new to all this, thanks burns for your post, one question can i only use the mentioned pbo rather than them all? cheers mate

ALSO does this work well with all vanilla guns a si have no mods weapons?

cheers

Edited by msportdan

Maybe the values have been improved in the update? I haven't tested a lot as usual but it seems they dont need so many rounds to take down anymore, it would still be nice to see them drop on first impact though.

Lol, yep definitely on my list, but I'm running the game clean temporarily, Also maybe BI dropped a bit of their own ragdoll in the mix?

Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo is spot on.

Made my own little "kill" addon (about 6 months ago?) but resorted to using his as the config was a little more sexy!

Funnily enough, he used the same values like i did to make rifles deadly again (and i never released my addon) - that makes us kill-buddies :D

absolutely loving this mod mate.. changes the game for me!!! thanks love the blood mist although a bit dramatic, but when you pull off that long shot and just see the red haze .. what a feeling!!! cheers mate for the tip!!!

Guys I did already say that this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171382-NATO-5-56-and-7-62-adjustor fixed the problem very well :)

"What it Does

It modifies the damage output from all vanilla and some addon 5.56 and 7.62 ammunition using a damage coefficient. "

This is why I linked that mod, wasn't sure if you use mods or not. I do, lots of em. AllinArma and others. Really nice to shoot with mk17 and kill with 1 shot.

It is a modified version of Mao's damage mod to work with addon ammo as well. Best combination IMHO.

@msportdan

Have you tried AGM? They have wind affecting bullets. Really satisfying to shoot AI from 1km with a sniper rifle, having to take into account wind as well. A word of caution though. AGM introduces some keybinds, most notably conflicting with AI communication (numbers 1-5 or so are replaced with AGMs commands). What I did was press Escape, went into AGM menu (its left of screen, approx middle height) and bound those to CTRL+number instead. I also removed a few PBOs cause I found them annoying. Medical, No-radio and few others.

Edited by mamasan8

"What it Does

It modifies the damage output from all vanilla and some addon 5.56 and 7.62 ammunition using a damage coefficient. "

This is why I linked that mod, wasn't sure if you use mods or not. I do, lots of em. AllinArma and others. Really nice to shoot with mk17 and kill with 1 shot.

It is a modified version of Mao's damage mod to work with addon ammo as well. Best combination IMHO.

Okay, I'm confused now - I know that 1 only effects the damage of 5.56 and 7.62 ammunition but your saying one does it all to work with addon ammo as well?

so which one do you mean and obviously which is the better of the 2 to use then?

1: Lao Fei Mao 3rd person

2: NATO 5.56 and 7.62 Damage Mod

I would of course like it to work on every gun like you said, so please tell me which is better. Thanks :)