mecharius

[Release] Anvil Mission Editor and Framework

Gonna give this a spin. Looks extremely helpfull to create a mission really fast. It must have taken you ages to code this. Thanks for your efforts so we don't have to (or do not have the skill) ;)

EDIT: BTW, is it possible to choose other factions besides CSAT? I would really like to run the CSAT Modification Project with Anvil.

EDIT: BTW, is it possible to choose other factions besides CSAT? I would really like to run the CSAT Modification Project with Anvil.

If you use the CSAT modification replacement .pbo (should be in a separate folder within the mod folder) then that will replace any vanilla CSAT with the good ones, nothing else required.

hi just wondering if you gone add more objective ? like deliver some goods to a town or vip rescue

Hi,

being able to use other factions would be great ! I'd love to try this with RHS for example.

Thx again for this nice framework ! ;)

you can add RHS in the EOS its really simple to do

Thx for the info. I'll have to put some time on that ;)

Hi how can I add other maps island ? the one there not in the list

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

hi when i try to make a mission with independent as bad guys it is not spawning and units

Nice framework, I might give it a try sooner or later.

One question, is this compatible with Headless Client / makes use of it?

FAR seems broke. Unable to revive with medpack when option set to 2, Stabilize only. Did some reading, apparently most revive script authors have gone dormant and this is a known issue. Tried to edit in SRS the old fashioned way but it clashes with the Anvil framework as they are both trying to do something with the same parameter (no I am not using both FAR and SRS at same time).

file c:\...blahblahblah...\srs\gui\srsrdialogue.hpp, line 22: .rsctext:member already defined.

1... Is there a fix for FAR to get it to work?

2... If not, is there a working revive script aside from FAR that is compatible with Anvil?

3... is there a way (that a noob like me) can get Anvil and SRS to play nicely?

You probably need to delete any reference on description.ext and files to the FAR script, as the error says that something being define by SRS has already been defined by other script. Best guess would be FAr, but may be other script.

I would like to work on the development of the tool, at least on the arma SQF side (have no knowledge on C++) to change old scripts with new versions (like TAW view distance) or modifications (like the EOS script which I have modified for own use.)

any news ? just wondering thats all not rushing any one or anything hope this is not dead

Hey there, I am getting a "Loading of mission failed!" error when trying to load a very simple mission into the editor. Any advice?

EDIT: Deleted everything and started an unmodded arma client seemed to work now.

Edited by Wilks

This is an amazing mod I love how simple it is to create dynamic missions in it.

DeltaSierra25

Edited by DeltaSierra25

Mecharius...

I know a while back you were talking about the use of a different framework to drive Anvils mission making. Having seen what can be done with Warlords by Jezuro, I am wondering, what about making it modular for use in game instead of a 3rd party editor? What about an @anvil mod that introduced map placed modules that essentially do the same thing?

Hey there, I am getting a "Loading of mission failed!" error when trying to load a very simple mission into the editor. Any advice?

EDIT: Deleted everything and started an unmodded arma client seemed to work now.

I'm getting the same error. Try to delete all and restart from scratch,no mod active, but is not loading the mission in the arma editor.

Love the editor, very useful for noob mission maker like me, and will love to get it to work.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Greeting from Italy!!

hello guys, I'm trying to upload from SQM, in Anvil editor, and is not working. Am I doing something wrong? My method is to create two objectives and respawn on anvil editor and export to Arma 3, in Arma 3 editor I adjust my exported points of Anvil editor, create the player and some vehicles and save the game. Returning to the Anvil editor, I try to "update from SQM", but nothing seems to happen. Another thing that is happening is that if I resume my project on anvil editor and create some more points and export to the Arma 3 and try to play, the mission does not open and shows the message "Loading of mission failed". Sorry for my bad english!

you can add RHS in the EOS its really simple to do

anyone can make a tutorial for noobs mission makers?

EDIT:

Another question, I'm trying to add a script in Anvil, however, for the script to work, I need to put two folders in the root folder of the game and the Anvil asks the name of the folder, I put the names folders between commas?

there are some tutorial for anvil 

i had some problem my self to add some scripts to anvil so for know i am adding them just like i would in ervery other mission my hand not a big deal to me

to add or change the units in eos just go to EOS folder 'EOS and then unitpools.sqf

that is what it looks like 

// EAST CSAT FACTION

if (_faction==0) then {
_InfPool= ["rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_efreitor","rhs_msv_grenadier","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner_assistant","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_strelok_rpg_assist","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_officer_armored","rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_junior_sergeant","rhs_msv_sergeant","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_driver_armored","rhs_msv_driver","rhs_msv_aa","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_LAT","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer","rhs_msv_at","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_engineer"];
_ArmPool= ["rhs_t72bc_tv","rhs_t72bd_tv","T-80BVK","rhs_t80u","rhs_prp3_msv","rhs_bmd1p","rhs_bmd2m","rhs_bmd4ma_vd","rhs_bmp1p_XX","rhs_bmp2k_XX","rhs_brm1k_msv","rhs_2s3_tv","rhs_zsu234_aa"];
_MotPool= ["RHS_BM21_MSV_01","rhs_btr60_msv","rhs_btr70_msv","rhs_btr80_msv","rhs_tigr_msv","rhs_uaz_XX","rhs_typhoon_vdv","rhs_ural_XX","rhs_ural_open_XX"];
_ACHPool= ["RHS_Mi24V_vvs","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vdv","RHS_Ka52_vvs","rhs_ka60_grey","RHS_Su25SM_vvs"];
_CHPool= ["RHS_Mi8AMT_vdv","RHS_Mi8MTV3_vvsc"];
_uavPool= ["O_UAV_01_F","O_UAV_02_CAS_F","O_UGV_01_rcws_F"];
_stPool= ["rhs_weap_2p130","rhs_weap_9k133","rhs_9m79_1Launcher","rhs_weap_dshkm"];
_shipPool= ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F","O_Boat_Transport_01_F"];
_diverPool= ["O_diver_exp_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_TL_F"];
_crewPool= ["rhs_msv_combatcrew"];
_heliCrew= ["rhs_pilot_transport_heli","rhs_pilot_combat_heli"];
};

just a sampel

can somebody help me setup this inventory selection at the beginning of my mission? just a quick tutorial would be nice.

Is this project still in active development or is it pretty much dead?

Looks like the new Eden editor completely changes the SQM mission format which breaks Anvil.

If there is an easy fix I'll try to implement it and release an update. There are a bunch of new features on the development branch https://github.com/will-hart/AnvilEditor/tree/developwhich it would be nice to release at the same time.