glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Is the medical system running on AI as well?

Currently yes. They have the same medical system as players do (more or less... see below)

As listed in a couple of bug and/or feature request tickets, we are looking at ways to handle AI better.

We have implemented a couple of minor things to attempt this, but we shall see how things go.

From what I understand, if a unit has lost a lot of blood, giving them saline should raise the unit's blood pressure right? For me, when a unit has lost a lot of blood, giving them saline doesn't seem to have any effect, regardless of how much I give them. The same can be said about using both blood and plasma as well. Is this bugged, or am I just not doing something correctly?

From what I understand, if a unit has lost a lot of blood, giving them saline should raise the unit's blood pressure right? For me, when a unit has lost a lot of blood, giving them saline doesn't seem to have any effect, regardless of how much I give them. The same can be said about using both blood and plasma as well. Is this bugged, or am I just not doing something correctly?

Do they still have adequate volume? For example they do not need emergency resuscitation (CPR)? It could be bugged, we have had similar comments on our CSE forums. Please post it to the tracker with a repro (mission and video too if possible).

Do they still have adequate volume? For example they do not need emergency resuscitation (CPR)? It could be bugged, we have had similar comments on our CSE forums. Please post it to the tracker with a repro (mission and video too if possible).

Sometimes they do need CPR, sometimes they don't. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, so I'll get a video up in the next day or two.

Anyone else having an issue with the weapon resting?

Have just switched from AGM to CSE, and the weapon resting seems very difficult to activate from anything but a prone position. I find it virtually impossible to crouch behind a low wall and rest the weapon. When I do achieve it, it only works for an unusably small angle of fire.

Seems a little easier with a bipodded weapon, but definitely not as flexible as VTS or AGM

Anyone else having an issue with the weapon resting?

Have just switched from AGM to CSE, and the weapon resting seems very difficult to activate from anything but a prone position. I find it virtually impossible to crouch behind a low wall and rest the weapon. When I do achieve it, it only works for an unusably small angle of fire.

Seems a little easier with a bipodded weapon, but definitely not as flexible as VTS or AGM

If it seems a bit hard to get the weapon resting properly, can you throw a ticket on our tracker please? :)

And we will get around to looking at it asap! https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/

I have rewritten the vitals script for 0.3 and it is working a lot better now. That means that giving saline or any other IV will raise blood pressure, depending on heart rate and various other things.

I have rewritten the vitals script for 0.3 and it is working a lot better now. That means that giving saline or any other IV will raise blood pressure, depending on heart rate and various other things.

Sounds great. I suppose that video won't be necessary now?

If it seems a bit hard to get the weapon resting properly, can you throw a ticket on our tracker please? :)

And we will get around to looking at it asap! https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/

Agree with Lifetap, have raised a ticket

SJ

In the future will this mod include the British forces you showed in the past?

Unfortunally the guy who was working on that has left the arma community. I have some assets, but they are largely incomplete. So I am afraid not, sorry.

Sounds great. I suppose that video won't be necessary now?

Correct, not necessary anymore.

After a 3-hour session with about 25 players, and virtually all the CSE modules running and CMS, we experienced a very stable session with no obvious bugs. We had a problem the session before where a casualty would loose a lot of blood, go unconscious, then we'd heal their bleeding and give them Epi etc to wake them up, however they still did not wake up (normal blood pressure and pulse - strangely). We counteracted this by giving them extra blood and saline, but to no effect. If we can recreate this again I'll make sure I video it or get some RPT's from the medics and casualties. "I have rewritten the vitals script for 0.3 and it is working a lot better now. That means that giving saline or any other IV will raise blood pressure, depending on heart rate and various other things." sounds like it might fix this situation!

Very happy with the work so far, one minor thing I would say is with the NVG brightness, does that actually change the brightness, or does it just put a white/black filter over the screen? As it appears to be the latter, which is not actually all that useful for changing your NVG sensitivity, which might be a more 'useful' feature!

What's coming in 0.3

Version 0.2 was released about 3 weeks ago, and we have released several patches fixing various bugs that have been identified. So far we are pleased with the feedback that we have received, and we appreciate all the reports, and suggestions. For those of you who have submitted bug reports or feature requests, please be aware that we have seen them, and will get around to fixing and/or implementing them as soon as we can.

While a stream of bug fixes is nice, in time we would also like to include new features, so here is a quick overview of what is ahead.

Firstly, we have rewritten large parts of the Combat Medical System module. Vitals should now be producing more accurate and reliable results. We have added also in the possibility to add in your own treatment and examine actions. This of course means that the third party support is slowly being integrated within the CSE modules.

We have also completely overhauled the Interaction Menu and replaced it by a new Action menu. For the first few versions, we will be keeping both systems running along side each other, but eventually it will be used alone. All new modules coming with 0.3, will be making use of the new Action menu only. Attached to this post, you will find some images of the new menu.

These are just some of the new features that will make it in 0.3 release and we will show you more in the upcoming week(s).

p1iJZgU.jpg

Change formation, part of the Sys Groups module, in the new CSE Action menu

Y7lhcNF.jpg

New CSE Action menu, Magazine repack

Those menus look amazing! ETA On 3.0?

Within a week or two if everything goes to plan :)

Within a week or two if everything goes to plan :)

Looks cool! Can't wait!

New interaction menu : F***CKING AMAZING!

This is exactly the kind of menu that BI should have used throughout all of the game.

It's a lot more clean, modern looking and a lot less a pain in the ass to navigate through them than the freaking actual mouse wheel action menu.

You guys should totally reuse that interface to redo all A3 actions like open doors, order your team around (I can see you already integrated formations but I'd very much like having a Command sub-menu which expands with all useful actions like ordering a move, take cover, open/hold fire, regroup and such).

One question though: Are the character able to continue moving while that menu is opened or does this prevent from moving? I think it might be an engine limit :(

Keep up your excellent work guys.

It's legendawesome!

hi.

I report.

Maybe, CSE BackBlast module causes FPS Drops in large combat situation.

When I engage 20~40 AIs are firing, Causing huge FPS drops.

Using addons:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@CSE;@rav_lifter_a3;@task_force_radio;

Edited by sentence0219

I can´t sleep¡¡¡

They make medication for that.

Serious note. Interaction menu looks amazing. Will it be click-controlled or will it be controlled by highlighting? (i.e. You highlight the "Group" tab and it pops up the external wheel with the formation options.)

hi.

I report.

Maybe, CSE BackBlast module causes FPS Drops in large combat situation.

When I engage 20~40 AIs are firing, Causing huge FPS drops.

Using addons:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@CSE;@rav_lifter_a3;@task_force_radio;

Please check our tracker to see if that bug exists and update it, if not, please post a bug report :)

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse

They make medication for that.

Serious note. Interaction menu looks amazing. Will it be click-controlled or will it be controlled by highlighting? (i.e. You highlight the "Group" tab and it pops up the external wheel with the formation options.)

I believe you need to click.

We looked at making it work on hover, however if you take the shortest route from the left button to the right on the 2nd-level menu, you can accidentally switch menus.

So last I checked, we are leaving it as click now.

Help me understand,

If I want to get this running in MCC, I need to crack it open and drop in Modules? :/