glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

I know this is a touchy subject for some, but will there be any hope of CSE being placed on the Steam Workshop? It would be great to see this there - the A3 launcher + SWS is quite nice and convenient.

I posted this on the issue tracker, but maybe some people here can try to reproduce this, or has similiar issues at the moment.

The problem is related to the new surgical kit.

The setup on the server is as following:

1. We have three medics on the mission.

2. Only medics can use the surgical.

The problem is that the surgical kit seems to be a bit unstable.

The first person who joins the mission and picks a medic role can use the surgical kit. However no other medic can use it. If the first medic is changing his role,it appears that the surgical kit is unavaible until the mission restarts.

how are the medics set up? are they synchronised with the module or are their names written in the line in the module?

for us the kit works perfectly fine, we just had the same problem with the aid kit when i made the mistake to synchronise the medics with the module...

we use a script called from the mission init rather than syncing modules.

// Combat Space Enhancment Medic class define

if ((typeof player == "rhsusf_army_ocp_medic") 
or (typeof player == "rhsusf_army_ucp_medic") 
or (typeof player == "o_medic_F") 
or (typeof player == "b_medic_F") 
or (typeof player == "B_G_medic_F")) then {player setVariable ["cse_medicClass",1]};

as u can see it defines all those classes as medics. U can check that it works by checking some ones vitals, if you are a medic it will give you a proper reading of 80 for example instead of weak,normal etc

edit - the above might be abit irrelevant to the above posts, I thought u were having issues defining medic but I see the issue is with the surgical kit. anyway, hope this helps someone...

how are the medics set up? are they synchronised with the module or are their names written in the line in the module?

for us the kit works perfectly fine, we just had the same problem with the aid kit when i made the mistake to synchronise the medics with the module...

Just double-checked it and it looks all fine. There was only one old class in the set medic list that was not there anymore. However I removed it and the problem still happens.

The 3 Medics are connected to the module and the classnames in the list are correct.

klick me for image

try to un-connect them. as i said, we had the same problem with the aid kit when we synchronised the medics with the module. unconnecting them and writting their names in the proper line solved it.

Will try that.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Edit: Should have known better, but removing the connection obviously makes the unit not being assgined as medic anymore...

well, therefore you have the "list" line.

open the set medic class module and there you have two options, first being "list" second being "is medic".

let's say you gave your three medics the names "medic1", "medic2" and "medic3". then you have to enter those names in the "list" line, in this case ist would be "medic1, medic2, medic3".

sorry for being unclear previously.

I am not sure if you got that right. As far as I know in the "list" you need to write down the "class names" of the units you want to be a medic in cse.

So it would look like this

list: B_medic_F,rhsusf_army_ocp_medic

The Names I gave the units in the editor would be:

A10, A40 and A34.

well, my dear sir, i think the mistake is on your side then.

here a quote by janus which i got when i had the issue:

Are you synching them in the editor? That is not JIP-compatible for any module engine-wise, hence the module has a field to enter unit names.

As an alternative, you can also use the init-line of a unit to set him as a medic.

i have never ever written any classnames in the list, only the names i gave the medics in the editor.

Well, I did not create that mission. The guy who did was on vacation and so far his setup worked as intended in the past. Changed the stuff in the list and it works now as it should be.

thanks

One question regarding the CSE tablet: As far as I know, it is possible to write own applications for the tablet (I remember having read it somewhere on your website or in the wiki quite a while ago). For our community, I would like to write an own app - but it seems I'm unable to find the information about that again. Can you point me to the direction where I have to look?

Well, I did not create that mission. The guy who did was on vacation and so far his setup worked as intended in the past. Changed the stuff in the list and it works now as it should be.

thanks

Selfquote :S

Some players from our server report that they still have issues with it. I can not confirm this out of firsthand, but I will keep an eye on it. Can anyone else confirm any similar problems.

Really enjoying the mod so far, been testing it over the past couple of weeks with my group. Very impressive...

I do have a little question regarding the medical system and bandaging.

We are running the basic revive system, now i assume this is the cause...But we seem to get massive amounts of wounds when someone is wounded, we're talking something like:-

Right Arm

14 Medium Wounds

21 Small Wounds

8 Large Wounds

This would largely be the same for the other body parts.

Now i don't mind a few wounds on each limb/torso etc. But is there anyway to avoid these seemingly massive lists of wounds to bandage? It really slows the game down to a crawl when you have spend such a long time and exhaust your supply of bandages to get just one person back to a stable condition.

I have the medical system set to recruit level of difficulty. I was hoping this would reduce it slightly.... Would there be any way to say have no more than 4/8 Wounds per body part? I really like the functionality, just the slowdown to game play can be a real pain, especially for shorter sessions.

A bit long winded, apologies for that, hope i got the point across, again a big thank you for your work with this.

ANother suggestion (not sure if it;s been mentioned):

I like the modular approach, but for weapon resting, its a shame that it doesn't work by default without enabling it in the modules. For mission that does use CSE yet, the add-on is pretty much useless. Is there certain features that can just be enabled? Or through some options or configs from a user client side?

ANother suggestion (not sure if it;s been mentioned):

I like the modular approach, but for weapon resting, its a shame that it doesn't work by default without enabling it in the modules. For mission that does use CSE yet, the add-on is pretty much useless. Is there certain features that can just be enabled? Or through some options or configs from a user client side?

There is:

http://wiki.csemod.com/index.php?title=Enable_CSE_Server_side

You can change settings that you want in the hpp in the servers userconfig folder. This only needs to be done on the server.

The included sample though is older than the sample on the wiki so use that as a reference.

Edited by Fadi

Player .rpt

9:50:10 Warning: cse\cse_sys_medical\equipment\tourniquet.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 64, 79, 78

Also Backblast doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Hi, have asked this in CSE forums but thought i would try here also. Anyone know if cse .pbos are modular like agm? I know the features wont be enabled untill u place a module in editor, but we are wondering if we can delete certain pbos that arent wanted, like backblast, logistics or vehicles etc. Or will this cause issues?

Thanks

Why would you want to delete the pbos, if you can just "not place stuff you dont want" on your map?

stiching isnt working correct...

when player is MedicClass, he can only stich if the Surgical kit is in his Backpack (uniform or vest dont work?)

the text of the button is missing

player animation hang after stiching...(have to sit or salute).

my cseVersion is 0.10.1 ALPHA

???

can you confirm that?

Why would you want to delete the pbos, if you can just "not place stuff you dont want" on your map?

well, im in charge of implicating mods in our clan of ~30 players. we run a mix of AGM and CSE. we only want CSE for medical, and AGM for the rest of the functionality. If we are able to delete certain pbos, then its a fail safe for our mission makers to not use wrong modules and cause conflicts.

Alright.

To be fair I would give you the advice not to mix two mods which are pretty similar, because it will most likely cause problems. My own experience is that especially AGM doesnt take it too well if you mess around with it.

Yes they are pretty similar if u run both mods as a whole which is obviously a bad idea. If u use all of agm except medical and only medical from cse like we do then there are no conflicts.

some times certain players get BIS standart first aid amblem on injured players, couldnt figured its an bug or feature ? any help.

some times certain players get BIS standart first aid amblem on injured players, couldnt figured its an bug or feature ? any help.

is this with the new version? god I hope not, that was the one thing that was really annoying.

if u have any kind of debug during the mission, you can use this [player, player] call cse_fnc_healLocal_CMS; to completely clear someone from all vanilla and cse injuries. its not ideal but at least it get them out of trouble. you can also use standard FA or medikits.