glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

ah thats interesting. I guess it makes sense, or i can see how they makes it more realistic in some cases.

I believe you do get some additional stabilization when prone as well. Just not full on weapon resting (without bipod).

--

I wonder if you folks have plans to upgrade the graphical representations for pain and blood. The hard oval is kind of an immersion killer for me. I know it's a less important thing than actual functionality, but I'd love to see it replaced with a better visual representation, soon. The UI for the interaction wheel is fantastic.

While, I have not used either of them extensively, yet, I sometimes wish agm, and cse could get together and have a baby...

I wonder if you folks have plans to upgrade the graphical representations for pain and blood.

Yea, probably. But can't give an ETA :)

I sometimes wish agm, and cse could get together and have a baby...

Unlikely, there's just too much overlap of functionality, code difference, different priorities and tastes.

I'd rather there be both and players have a choice of taste.

Would it be possible to integrate auto weapon resting on surfaces like it was done in recent updates in MCC?
We do not plan to add auto weapon resting. But you can expect the current system to further improve.

Is it possible to get a hotfix for the server side initialization until the new update is out? We'd like to update CSE on our servers, but cannot do that with server side initialization not working...

Is it possible to get a hotfix for the server side initialization until the new update is out? We'd like to update CSE on our servers, but cannot do that with server side initialization not working...

Hotfix? Is something not working there due to a technical problem?

The config on the CSE wiki has been updated, you'll have to update your config file accordingly ;) It's not really something we have a seperate download for with each version update since the PBO itself doesn't change.

Edited by janus0104

According to this entry in the bugtracker (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75789), server side modules aren't initializing properly in the current version. It's already fixed in dev version, and as two days ago an update was announced for "in a day or so", I decided to wait for the update - but as it hasn't been released until now and we would like to update our server and our repository today, I decided to ask for a hotfix. We are aware of the config changes and have already done the preparations for that.

Edited by TheConen

"In a day or so" is pretty much what it means. Nothing much to do exept to practice some patience. I am waiting too for the coming update, so I can update the server and replace and set up all the modules. However I rather wait for a good update and not get a hasty hotfix that might not even work, or break two more things.

and not get a hasty hotfix that might not even work, or break two more things.

Sometimes, that still happens. The fun of ArmA, fixing one thing breaks another. But we're hopeful we can push something within the next 24 hours.

Sometimes, that still happens. The fun of ArmA, fixing one thing breaks another. But we're hopeful we can push something within the next 24 hours.

The joy of arma breaking stuff. :)

Anyone know how to do this :

I can get most other features to work but not this. I could not find any documentation on it ether.

Anyone know how to do this :

I can get most other features to work but not this. I could not find any documentation on it ether.

You will need the following items:

cse_ied_radio_small or cse_ied_radio_large.

cse_oldphone

Use the CSE action menu (radial menu) to place down the IEDs (Equipment category).

Through the same menu and category, you can open the cellphone and use it to detonate the IEDs. Does this help?

-----

I know we said we would release an update in the beginning of this week, however unfortunally this has been delayed by a day or so. I appologies for any inconvience. We are aware off the reported issues (not to many luckily!) with the last RC build and those will be resolved with the next update.

You will need the following items:

cse_ied_radio_small or cse_ied_radio_large.

cse_oldphone

Use the CSE action menu (radial menu) to place down the IEDs (Equipment category).

Through the same menu and category, you can open the cellphone and use it to detonate the IEDs. Does this help?

-----

I know we said we would release an update in the beginning of this week, however unfortunally this has been delayed by a day or so. I appologies for any inconvience. We are aware off the reported issues (not to many luckily!) with the last RC build and those will be resolved with the next update.

Yes thank you, using the class names given I could add them to a unit and get it working. On a side note using VAS (virtual ammo box system) to give myself the old phone item did not work and gave a old phone that would not work in the radial menu. Im not sure what the problem was but It seems there are many versions of the old phone item.

So I can expect a update tomorrow?

Hey glowbal, is there any way to save the player state when in revive mode? Our group sometimes plays long running mission that goes for 3 or so days with players connecting and disconnecting as they please. We need it so that a player cannot disconnect when in revive and re connect to continue playing, they should re connect and go back into revive. or could this be a feature u include in future?

This has probably already been noticed, but since the issue tracker doesn't have it:

19:32:07 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

19:32:07 File cse\cse_main\misc\functions\fn_setDead.sqf, line 34

_unit spawn {
_playerDead = isPlayer _unit; <- _unit not defined yet
private ["_unit","_counter"];
_unit = _this;

Thanks for the report. We have fixed this. :)

In the same file, _force doesn't get a value when you throw a dead guy into a bodybag:

19:55:10 Error in expression <;
if (!local _unit) exitwith {
[[_unit, _force], "cse_fnc_setDead", _unit, false>
19:55:10   Error position: <_force], "cse_fnc_setDead", _unit, false>
19:55:10   Error Undefined variable in expression: _force
19:55:10 File cse\cse_main\misc\functions\fn_setDead.sqf, line 20

Edit: Happens with a carriable copy of a dead player, I guess because they're alive game mechanics wise?

Edited by Magirot

A9gPtqN.png

Facebook | YouTube | Google+

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.10.0 ALPHA

This is the public release for version 0.10.0 alpha of CSE.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on our forums or via our website

Requirements

NONE

Changelog:

• Added: Client side option for grain effect from NVG.
  • Added: Surgical kit to crate (CMS).
  • Added: Unrest action to weapon resting module.
  • Added: Weapon resting (without bipod) on terrain.
  • Added: Improved convective cooling (weapon overheating).
  • Added: Sounds for weapon unrest/undeploy actions.
  • Changed: Adjusted grain effect from NVG.
  • Changed: CBA is now optional again. No longer a requirement but is supported.
  • Changed: Can now also repack magazines while prone.
  • Changed: Can now also swap barrel while prone.
  • Changed: Damage is now only down if wounds are being added (CMS).
  • Changed: Hint from deafness is now an small icon in the top right of your screen -> cse_fnc_gui_displayIcon.
  • Changed: Made the ear ringing sound replay less often .
  • Changed: Output for check ammo is now a CSE display message.
  • Fixed: Ambiance Sound module.
  • Fixed: Bug #75789: Modules defined on server aren't initializing.
  • Fixed: Bug #75790: Error Undefined variable in expression cse_fnc_setDead.
  • Fixed: Bug #75791: Ballistic Items and Earplugs Crates are transparent when placed in editor.
  • Fixed: Bug #75813: Parallax Adjustment Script Error.
  • Fixed: Bug #75814: Opening Kestrel on Dedicated Server.
  • Fixed: Bug #75816: OPA item does not work (airway from CMS).
  • Fixed: Bug #75817: Combat Deafness Continuous Ringing.
  • Fixed: CMS would sometimes play a ringing noise.
  • Fixed: When using force dead with cse_fnc_setDead, _force would not receive a value.
  • Fixed: Icon never fading out (weapon resting)
  • Fixed: Bug in weapon unresting code (weapon resting)
  • Removed: No longer supporting Disposable launchers. Config remains for backwards compatibility for the time being.

Make Arma Not War

If you like CSE and would like to show your support, please go to our MANW entry and click the support button!

Thanks for the update, guys, now I can update our repo :).

I'm sure you already know about that, but in case you don't: MANW submissions are reopened till Dec 14. Maybe you want to resubmit the new, improved CSE version.

Going to try the latest update but a couple things i found not listed in change log if anyone can confirm:

-When "talk to" is enabled, the unit can be very far away and the addaction still listed

-Ammo crates not showing up when placing them (Ear plugs/CC devices) (even in zues i can select it but shows an empty object and then nothing is placed)

-When option to allow all users to advance heal, the player cannot use it on himself, only on other units. To test, put two playable units. Start with player, and shoot the other unit to injure them. Then switch to them and you cannot do advance heal on yourself. Switch to another playable unit and you can do advance heal. No medic role required. Is this how its suppose to be?

This is all being done in SP mode. Thanks!

-When option to allow all users to advance heal, the player cannot use it on himself, only on other units. To test, put two playable units. Start with player, and shoot the other unit to injure them. Then switch to them and you cannot do advance heal on yourself. Switch to another playable unit and you can do advance heal. No medic role required. Is this how its suppose to be?

If you mean full heal (using the first aid): That is intentional, you simply can't do some procedures on yourself. Same for IVs I think.

Wow. This is some impressive stuff. Been using the old medical system for a while now. Didn't see all the new cool stuff added. Well done!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** the CSE Server Config is also available seperatly on Armaholic!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

We tried to upload CSE and the server will not start.

Error message we get is following:

Warning Message: Script cse\cse_sys_equipment\weaponresting\functions\fn_getWeaponRestAnim_WR.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cse\cse_sys_equipment\weaponresting\functions\fn_isWeaponRested_WR.sqf not found

Checked it in the pbo and those files are in fact not there.

Works fine for me, dedicated starts and runs.

Might be worth re-downloading the latest version, delete what you have currently on your server and re-upload a nice fresh copy.

First off congrats on the release guys !, CSE has been a mainstay in my small groups missions. I have a question though and one i couldn't find in this long thread. And for some reason the search isn't working for me.

Are the CSE items showing up in Virtual Arsenal yet ? I know it was on the tracker i believe but was unsure if it made it into this CSE update or not.

Either way. Amazing work !