glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Sure, thats why i play with CSE and CMS, i love this feeling that you actually need more then just a first aid kit and also that you mostly need a medevac, but it was very buggy so we could not use it, because evertime someone gets hit, he died insta. If this Bug is fixed now i`m very happy, but also in the last patch these guys said that the insta death should have been removed. Obviusly it didn`t.

//Edit a few Hours later....after testing on our dedi box:

We still have the problem with instant death, but we have situations in which the medsys prevents us from instant dieing. It is quiet funny to eat something and stuff, but it is not important if the medsys itselfs dosen`t works correct, can you explain how to set and prepare all the moduls so we don`t have the insta death.

Edited by christian2526

We still have the problem with instant death, but we have situations in which the medsys prevents us from instant dieing. It is quiet funny to eat something and stuff, but it is not important if the medsys itselfs dosen`t works correct, can you explain how to set and prepare all the moduls so we don`t have the insta death.

I have just tested it myself and it all seems to be functioning correctly on my end. I also just created a wiki page on the basic revive module here.

Could you please clarify what you mean with no instant death? Do you mean units going into unconscious/Revive mode, or taking more damage before dieing? Or do you mean units not dieing from taking damage but only from bleeding out?

So you are telling us, there will be further bug fixes but no new features for 2 months. Does the CMS System work correct now? No more Insta-Death?

We will be focusing on bugfixes, documentation, and finishing up what we have currently for the competition entry.

Once we have killed a lot of the major bugs, gotten things running fairly streamlined and smoothly, and gotten decent documentation done (etc)...

or when the comp entry closes, whatever comes first :P ...

we will then resume adding new features.

If this Bug is fixed now i`m very happy, but also in the last patch these guys said that the insta death should have been removed. Obviusly it didn`t

As far as we can tell from our in-house testing it was fixed.

There may however be combinations of settings etc, or peoples servers, or other mods, or any other number of variables which could prevent it from working.

If you believe you have a bug, check the tracker for an existing open (or in progress) bug, and either comment on it, or upvote it. If it doesn't exist, feel free to create a new bug report :)

can you explain how to set and prepare all the moduls so we don`t have the insta death.

See glowbals link :)

This is one of the things we will be working on in the feature freeze period. Getting decent documentation for everything done.

About the instant death off, it does not work for us.

I follow the instruction posted above, nothing changes.

I did the testing on a dedicated server.

If it's working, can you give us a template mission and see where we made a mistake, thank you.

Same for us on server if wounded ok but if killed you respawn instantly at base, tried to follow how you explained with the modules but no luck.

I'm not getting the new menu come up, just the old one - any ideas anyone?

I'm not getting the new menu come up, just the old one - any ideas anyone?

You have to bind a new key for it, on the configuration menu.

We also still have problems with insta-deathâ„¢ and would love to see a examplemission for how to configure it.

The field ratio module, does it have any function right now? Besides eating and drinking, does it have any effect if I don't drink for X hours or is it WIP?

Edited by Watarimono

We also still have problems with insta-deathâ„¢ and would love to see a examplemission for how to configure it.

The field ratio module, does it have any function right now? Besides eating and drinking, does it have any effect if I don't drink for X hours or is it WIP?

We are aware of some issues with the Basic Revive module. We have a ticket here and currently I am awaiting log files, as I cannot replicate the issue. A sample mission will be made available asap, however mainwhile follow this tutorial. I haven't managed to do much Arma related in the past few days, but I expect this sample mission to be made available on our website later this evening (CET), same with some other sample missions.

Field Rations is heavily work in progress. After X amount of hours, a player will experience the following:

- falling over when trying to run.

- Possibility for unconscious / fading

- Dead once hunger or thirst reach 100%.

Wiki page will follow shortly as well. We are lacking behind on a lot of our documentation and tutorials and unfortunally we don't have to many SQF developers and documentation creators (mainly just me).

--------

Edit:

Added a wiki page: Example missions

Edited by Glowbal

Someone can explain to me how work the IED module ? :o

Does this help?

What are the recommended loadouts for the CSM medical items?

What should every player have?

What should every medic have?

There's quite a bit of stuff, as a mission maker I can't easily tell what's important yet.

Thanks for the Demo Mission with the CSE & CMS Modules, but we still have the same problem with insta-death as before on our dedicated server. In Singleplayer everything works fine. We tested it with version 0.4 and the Demo Mission with 2 players. After 2 hits of 9mm into the cheast (without any bodyarmor) the person is instand dead. I`d like to know if you mention the Simple revive Module as a Module which prevents death at all or only if a very small amount of bullets that hit somebody? Also when somebody gets shot he is unconscious, but only for a few seconds until he wakes up and can do whatever he wants. There for i`d like to know if there is any timer to set how long a person is unconscious, until he dies or wakes up?

Chris

Edit seconds later:

Loadouts:

Every player should have Medical Equipment in this order (that is our loadout for a milsim with medevac options):

Normal Soldier:

5 Basic Bandages

3 Elastic Bandages

3 Packing Bandage

1 Tourniquet

Combat First Responder:

10-15 Basic Bandages

15-20 Elastic Bandages

5-8 Packing Bandage

3 Tourniquet

2 Cheast-Seals

4 Bags of 500ml Saline

5 Morphine

5 Epinephrine

Medics:

10-15 Basic Bandages

15-20 Elastic Bandages

8 Packing Bandage

5 Tourniquet

3 Cheast-Seals

6 Bags of 500ml Saline

8 Morphine

8 Epinephrine

Airmedics:

10-15 Basic Bandages

15-20 Elastic Bandages

8 Packing Bandage

5 Tourniquet

3 Cheast-Seals

2 Bags of 500ml Saline

8 Morphine

8 Epinephrine

3 Bags of Blood

3 Bags of Plasma

That is our Loadout at the moment and we can handle at least 1-2 Major Tasks with that. Also you should perform tests and teach your medics how and when to use the stuff.

Edited by christian2526

Thanks for the Demo Mission with the CSE & CMS Modules, but we still have the same problem with insta-death as before on our dedicated server. In Singleplayer everything works fine. We tested it with version 0.4 and the Demo Mission with 2 players. After 2 hits of 9mm into the cheast (without any bodyarmor) the person is instand dead. I`d like to know if you mention the Simple revive Module as a Module which prevents death at all or only if a very small amount of bullets that hit somebody? Also when somebody gets shot he is unconscious, but only for a few seconds until he wakes up and can do whatever he wants. There for i`d like to know if there is any timer to set how long a person is unconscious, until he dies or wakes up?

I am aware that people are reporting problems, however I need more information; What are the settings of the basic revive module and I'd need a log file for the clients for whom it is not working from a mission where CSE Logging is enabled (put the settings for the logging module at information). Once I get those, I should be able to quickly resolve the issue or clarify why it isn't functioning properly. Unfortunally however, I haven't recieved a single log file that matches those criteria. The issue ticket is here.

I did add a wiki page on the basic revive here and recorded a tutorial video today, however I need to redo parts of it. It should be made available later this evening (CET). Also; the hits while unconscious has a bug currently and until that has been resolved, you will want to keep that setting at -1 (disabled). It should be resolved in the next update.

Thanks for the quick answer, we`ll conduct another test and give you the logs of each client asap.

Some of the .rpts (client):

Logs

Logs (Server)

Second Time:

Logs Client

Logs Server

First time we used the module with these settings:

Logging: Debug

Chat: Errors

Second Time:

None

None

Edited by christian2526

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.4.1 HOTFIX ALPHA

This version is a hotfix to resolve a script error/bug that has surfaced in the 0.4.0 release. Other bug fixes will be included in the next patch.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on facebook, forums or via our website

Changelog:

Fixed: HandleHeal eventhandler is broken (Called handleDamage instead).

Ah nice, will test it later.

This does not fix the issue for basic revive. It simply removes a script error and corrects an eventhandler call that has been going wrong.

For the basic revive module, it will be part of the next update.

Though for now, you could try including the following in your init.sqf file:

CSE_ENABLE_REVIVE_F = 2; // Enable for. 0 = disabled, 1 = players only, 2 = players & AI
CSE_REVIVE_TIMER_F = 600; // Timer, in seconds
CSE_REVIVE_NUMBER_MAX_F = -1; // Hits while unconscious

That should be a workaround for the time being.

Gave it a quick testrun with the init values and now at least people don't insta-die on me. but I had problems trying to bring them back. A few tries just wouldn't wake up even with full heal, other woke up but could only crawl, not stand up...

Will do further tests tomorrow and supply you with rpt's.