glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

U can set it so medics only use personal aid kits (full heal) at medic vehicles, and also i think u csn store blood and plasma at this vehicle (they turn bad after 30 mins in a backpack i think)

Any news on when we might see fastroping being implemented again? I know it was removed for bug fixing but just wondered if it would be returning soon? Thanks.

I was also wondering this, any news?

What does setting a vehicle as a medical vehicle using the module do?

As far as I know vehicles marked as a medical vehicles do the following. Inside and in a short radius around the vehicle every player is basically set up like a medic. Meaning they would have the same benefits that assigned medic classes would get.

Has anybody got the above working?

I'm having trouble getting a vehicle to act as a medical facility, i've tried using the module with the vehicle name, also using "cse_fnc_assignMedicalFacility_CMS" in the init field of the unit. Both returns the same, i cannot use full heal on a unit near or in the specified vehicle.

The other medic modules are set up ok, as far as i know. I can use the advanced options as the medic, iv's/stitching etc. But cannot for the life of me get the full heal to show up.

Has anybody got the above working?

I'm having trouble getting a vehicle to act as a medical facility, i've tried using the module with the vehicle name, also using "cse_fnc_assignMedicalFacility_CMS" in the init field of the unit. Both returns the same, i cannot use full heal on a unit near or in the specified vehicle.

The other medic modules are set up ok, as far as i know. I can use the advanced options as the medic, iv's/stitching etc. But cannot for the life of me get the full heal to show up.

The only way I've been able to get full heal working near vehicles is by syncing the assign medical facility module to the vehicle (not by using the assign medical vehicle). I haven't tried putting anything into the init of the vehicle myself, but I do know that syncing the medical facility module to the vehicle works.

Small suggestion for the tracker items.

It would be nice if you have to actively turn the trackers on like the helmet cameras.

Right now the situation in the game can be like this:

As HQ you usually dont want to see the position of every single soldier on your tablet. So before a mission you often have to make sure that only certain people have a tracker in their inventory (like squad and fireteam leaders). However in some situations it would be good if other players could turn their tracker on manually. Like in the case if the squad or fireteam leader is down (or off the server). So in this case one assigned player could turn his tracker on.

According to this I have another question. Is it intended that the PDA can only assign its own tracker with a name? So far it looks like only the tablet can assign names to other trackers. Is that intended?

Hi all, just a quick question. Is the resting feature going to be reworked / Changed? Maybe we can get in the future some configuration options? Right now it feels like there's not really a noticeable change from resting/not resting.

Thanks all!

Hi all, just a quick question. Is the resting feature going to be reworked / Changed? Maybe we can get in the future some configuration options? Right now it feels like there's not really a noticeable change from resting/not resting.

Thanks all!

You mean aside from the hugely reduced weapon sway and recoil...What other "noticeable change" could possibly be made?

You mean aside from the hugely reduced weapon sway and recoil...What other "noticeable change" could possibly be made?

Well...that's the matter. I don't really appreciate any change in weapon sway. Yes, I can appreciate a little less recoil (not too much), but nothing in sway. For example, shooting kneeled to targets at 600m still is quite difficult, much like vanilla.

This is all being compared with TMR module, which I can appreciate quite more.

So the problem is, or I'm doing something incorrectly, or this is the way it should be working...or I've found a bug XD.

The weapon produces a "sound" when rested/unrested, which means it's working, but appart from that little can be noticed.

Maybe it has to do with using modded weapons?

Could someone upload or link a recent video showing the actual effects, so I can have a reference?

Should also get a small bipod icon in the top right corner. Modded weapons should work fine, at least the ones I've made do. You are resting the weapon on a wall or similar? Not just kneeling there in the open attempting to get it to work?

Should also get a small bipod icon in the top right corner. Modded weapons should work fine, at least the ones I've made do. You are resting the weapon on a wall or similar? Not just kneeling there in the open attempting to get it to work?

Ok, my bad. Don't use the same Keys for Resting/Unresting, seems it does not like it very much.

Thanks for the info about the icon BTW

Ok, my bad. Don't use the same Keys for Resting/Unresting, seems it does not like it very much.

Thanks for the info about the icon BTW

Hmm, I will see if I can go about improving that for a next version. Does it all function correctly now you changed the keys to be different from each other?

Hmm, I will see if I can go about improving that for a next version. Does it all function correctly now you changed the keys to be different from each other?

Yep, all correct now, sway has decreased as well as recoil considerably

New question. There is really a difference between Saline, plasma and blood right now? Giving just saline seems to have the same effects as giving Blood.

pretty sure CSE, is causing sound issues in multiplayer didnt see if this was post before or not, well not everyone gets it from this mod but my group does, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184996-Arma-3-Sound-Missing-in-Multiplayer

it was affecting bout 6 of us and then we stopped got rid of CSE went to AGM. And our weapon sounds were back, we tested CSE again last week and lost ability to hear certain sounds with or w/o the mod running.

also when we were testing it, we could not heal anyone when we were playing as the AAF...switched to NATO BlUFOR worked just fine

Edited by Garverick

Okay so I have emailed CSE about this a couple days ago without a response and there most likely have been multiple posts about this. For some reason my keys don't show up on the keybindings page in configure CSE. Please help.

Glowbal, could you see about adding a parameter that modifies the bleedout time? This would be useful because I find many people bleedout too quickly, especially when they've passed out and can't patch themselves up, they're useless until someone else finds them, and during a firefight, that can at times be a while. Being able to make it so that you don't bleed out and die for say...3-5 minutes, or whatever parameter you gave, would be very useful. It would keep the great feel of the in-depth medical system, but someone wouldn't die immediately from bleeding out from a large wound, for example.

I have been looking through the functionality of the Command and Control module, specially the tablet application. Is there a way to orient the "arrows" (northeast, east,...) that are inserted through the Route Planning? Thanks in advance.

I cant seem to be able to search/arrest people, is this a functional module or is it still to come?

Thanks!

I'm making an adversarial mission.

I would like both teams to have BFT, but right now they are both showing up on each others maps/PDAs. I'd like for only their own team to show up on the maps/PDAs. Is there a way to do this?

Here is what I have done to this point:

I've given the OPFOR guys the OPFOR trackers (TLs) and OPFOR PDA (SLs). I've given the BLUFOR guys the BLUFOR trackers (TLs) and BLUFOR PDA (SLs). Each TL/SL had the Assign BFT Info module sync'ed to them with a call sign identified and their name in the list.

The module settings for the Command and Control are:

Live feed: No

UAV: No

Restrict UAV: Yes

Vehicles: Yes

Auto Call signs: No

On map: Yes

Guys, are you still there? There has been no general activity in this thread for over a week, last activity from a CSE developer here has been over three weeks ago and reports in your bugtracker are resting in piece for over a month now - with absolutely no activity at all. According to your roadmap, you are two months behind schedule. I know this is a hobby project, you are all doing this in your free time and so on, but at the moment it seems like CSE has just "gone dark", without any notice, which makes us worrying about the future of CSE.

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.11.0 ALPHA RC1

This update should address the majority of the issues that have been reported since the last version. This is a Release candidate however, so there might be a patch coming later on to fix any issues that may come to light with this update, as per usual.

My appologies for the delay with this update. We are only a small team and we all are doing this in our spare time. Unfortunally this means that sometimes we will be late with releasing a new version or answering any questions on the forums.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us here or via our website.

Changelog:

Added: a setAllSetVariables function.

Added: custom eventhandler calls to enable module.

Added: Expanded the nametags module with setting to work with friendly sides as well.

Added: Missing items in CfgPatches.

Added: Weapon safety icon.

Added: getAllSetVariables for categories.

Added: module initialization settings.

Changed: Improved nametags module compatibility with Curator.

Changed: Overworked combat deafness sound pressure calculation.

Changed: Reduced the amount of spawns.

Changed: Weapon safety to be a toggle.

Changed: minor improvements to ambient civilians module.

Fixed: Bug in advanced ballistics exit condition.

Fixed: Civilian_F classes not working anymore.

Fixed: NVG module is no longer activated for Curator view

Fixed: handleFixed: handleDamage would treat firing mortars as vehicle crashes.

Fixed: initial call for hide unit ammo info inside vehicles.

Improved: Improvements made to various CSE modules (mainly medical).

Removed: Backwards compatible magazines instead of items.

Removed: Unused modules and textures from various places.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** the CSE Server Config is also available seperatly on Armaholic!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.