glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

sever and clients are all uptated. first saw it on the Dynamic Combat Generator mission , then tonight i modified the ghost missions with cse and testing it, and there again.Going to test tonight with different medkits then.

I have an important bug to report, but I cant seem to access the bug tracker. im surprised it hasn't been reported yet, unless its only happening to us because of some sort of conflict.

in 2 small missions it has occurred 3 times. when a player is in revive mode and is healed, for 80% of players he is stuck in revive animation while moving around. is completely unfixable unless the player re slots. yes we tried the fix animation button, and also tried manually switching though animations with playmove and switchmove via our debug console.

this is with latest release.

can anyone report the same issue?

I am currently on holiday break, but will catch up with all questions and bug reports soon.

I have an important bug to report, but I cant seem to access the bug tracker. im surprised it hasn't been reported yet, unless its only happening to us because of some sort of conflict.

in 2 small missions it has occurred 3 times. when a player is in revive mode and is healed, for 80% of players he is stuck in revive animation while moving around. is completely unfixable unless the player re slots. yes we tried the fix animation button, and also tried manually switching though animations with playmove and switchmove via our debug console.

this is with latest release.

can anyone report the same issue?

That sounds like a new version of the bug I solved a few months ago. Thanks for reporting, will fix it or at least make it so the fix animation button will actually fix it.

sounds good, if you manage to find a workaround that we could use via debug console please let us know as we try to change/update mods only once every 3 months...

Any news on when we might see fastroping being implemented again? I know it was removed for bug fixing but just wondered if it would be returning soon? Thanks.

Yes they are pretty similar if u run both mods as a whole which is obviously a bad idea. If u use all of agm except medical and only medical from cse like we do then there are no conflicts.

My community has been doing this since September without issues, and as CSE adds stable functionality, we have been deleting the related AGM .pbo files.

Thank you for the latest update. The weapon resting icon is a VERY well received addition, its all so nice and shiny!

Not quite sure I've ever seen basic revive working, so not entirely sure what's meant to happen. To date, we still seem to die and respawn as in vanilla after a couple of rounds. I've tried setting BLUFOR damage to 10 (assuming this means we can take more damage before going down?) and have the basic revive module placed but I'm not convinced it's having any effect. Can you describe how it's supposed to work so I can trouble shoot?

I know that basic was not working in previous version, so unless u see that they fixed it in the changelog in this version I would assume is still broke...

yes, dcg is dependent on cse

Thanks. I had some trouble getting CSE to run on my server. Will try it again today.

When I bring up the action menu the Survival option is greyed out and I do have food and drink in my inventory. How can I fix that? My character only lasts for a short while before he dies of thirst.

Thank you for the brilliant mod! :)

Regarding basic revive, we are using it without any problems - works flawlessly in the newest version.

Basic revive seems to work fine for us aswell, only problems we ran into were as i mentioned a couple of pages back, the shear amount of wounds that need to be bandaged etc.

I keep running into an issue, placing down Advanced Interaction module/boxes, Ballistic Items boxes, and survival module/boxes, the boxes spawn empty. Can't seem to figure it out. I used to just lay down the modules and the items would appear in VAS and BIS and the boxes themselves, but now nothing. Any ideas?

update: Nevermind, it was a simple clear box script that I looked over

Edited by Frizzy

Are the IED and the Suicide Bomber Module working? I put them down on a map (both on low settings) and yet we encountered no IED or Suicide Bombers. I would just like to know if they are working or if we just had some "bad luck" not seeing those in effect.

Are the IED and the Suicide Bomber Module working? I put them down on a map (both on low settings) and yet we encountered no IED or Suicide Bombers. I would just like to know if they are working or if we just had some "bad luck" not seeing those in effect.

Concerning the IED module, it works, but it does not populate the map with IEDs like some people may expect, it simply places an IED on the module's position.

Concerning the IED module, it works, but it does not populate the map with IEDs like some people may expect, it simply places an IED on the module's position.

Nevermind what I wrote. This was supposed to go in the ALiVE Thread and not this one. My bad :D

Small suggestion for the tracker items.

It would be nice if you have to actively turn the trackers on like the helmet cameras.

Right now the situation in the game can be like this:

As HQ you usually dont want to see the position of every single soldier on your tablet. So before a mission you often have to make sure that only certain people have a tracker in their inventory (like squad and fireteam leaders). However in some situations it would be good if other players could turn their tracker on manually. Like in the case if the squad or fireteam leader is down (or off the server). So in this case one assigned player could turn his tracker on.

hey guys,

not sure if this has been suggested or not, dont want to read through all the pages lol. today i was playing around with some folks and we realized that you cant shoot rockets or underbarrel grenades through the glass in windows. i was wondering if it would be too hard to make an option to break the glass of a window with the butt of your rifle or something.

Hey guys,

does anyone else have the problem that Advanced Ballistics is currently not working at all? It says it initializes and finishes terrain initialization, but there is no noticeable effect of Advanced Ballistics in game. This is our server side config for Advanced Ballistics:

class cse_AB_moduleAdvancedBallistics {
	FORCE_CLIENT_SETTINGS_OVERRIDE = true; 	  	// Force Client Settings override
	WIND_ENABLED = true;  	 	 	  	// Add wind drift
	SPIN_DRIFT_ENABLED = true;   	 	 	// add spin drift
	CORIOLIS_ENABLED = true;   	 	 	// Horizontal Coriolis drift
	EOETVOES_ENABLED = true;  	 	 	// Vertical Coriolis drift
	ADVANCED_AIR_DRAG_ENABLED = true;  	 	// Enabled the advanced air drag model (only availible with compatible 3rd party ammunition)
	ATMOSPHERIC_DENSITY_SIMULATION_ENABLED = true;  // The bullets ability to cut through air becomes affected by the ambient air density
	TRANSONIC_REGION_ENABLED = true;   	 	// Adds dispersion beyond supersonic flight of rifle bullets
	MIL_TURRETS_ENABLED = true;   	 	 	// Adds the ability to zero your scope in 1/10 Mil steps
	AMMO_TEMPERATURE_ENABLED = true;   	 	// Muzzle velocity changes with ammo temperature
	DISABLED_IN_FULL_AUTO_MODE = false;   	 	// Disables the advanced ballistics during full auto fire
	BULLET_TRACE_ENABLED = true;   	 	 	// Adds a bullet trace effect to high caliber bullets
	MIRAGE_ENABLED = true;   	 	 	// Adds mirage and scope parallax adjustment
	BARREL_LENGTH_INFLUENCE = true;   	 	// Enables barrel length dependent muzzle velocity
	VEHICLE_GUNNER_ENABLED = true;   	 	// Enables the advanced ballistics for rounds fired as vehicle gunner			
	EXTENSIONS_ENABLED = true;   	 	        // Allows the use of the DLL extension
	INIT_MESSAGE_ENABLED = true;                   // Prints a system chat message once the terrain initialization is finished
	ONLY_ACTIVE_FOR_LOCAL_PLAYER  = false;   	// Disables the advanced ballistics for bullets coming from other players
	ONLY_ACTIVE_FOR_PLAYER_GROUP = false;           // Disables the advanced ballistics for bullets coming from players in other groups		
	DISABLED_BY_DEFAULT = false;   	 	 	// Allows you to enable the advanced ballistics selectively in the unit initialization
	PRECISION = 2;   	 	 	  	// Allows to reduces the calculation precision to avoid frame drops (1 - maximum precision, 2 - medium precision, 3 - minimal precision)
};

Tried it with and without the dll - it seems to work fine locally (tested in editor), but not on server.

We will look into it.

Edit: We probably found the bug that causes your problem.

Try setting DISABLED_BY_DEFAULT to true:

class cse_AB_moduleAdvancedBallistics {	
	DISABLED_BY_DEFAULT = true;
};

Edited by Ruthberg

Yeah, that does work :).

Will this be changed again in the new CSE version or will it stay like this?