glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

but i have a question aswell. one or two updates ago advanced ballistics introduced a .dll for performance reasons. i am guessing the version in the cse rc is an older one? will the .dll make its way into cse aswell?
The CSE version of AdvancedBallistics is based on the standalone version 2.9.1. You can use the same DLL for both.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

you can enable both modules (advanced and basic)
Yes, but the outcome is undefined. It might work, but it is not guaranteed.
is there a routine that automatic disable the basic

module if the advanced module is enabled.!

No, there is none.

hi,

i think weapon resting in cse should be overhauled cause

everytime i rest my weapon if i'm laying on the ground

and move a little bit to right or left i lost my rest.

i think the resting should only be lost by standing up

or rolling, not by moving in prone.

We might change the current behaviour, depending on what the majority of users want.

Congrats on the new release. Sorry to post this question again but I think it was lost in the update information:

Currently when a player is incapacitated and enters the revive state, they are for all intents and purposes "killed". This causes some serious issues when considering the way usermade missions work. For example, a scenario where an entire group is incapacitated at different stages throughout a mission - the original group may no longer exist, and therefore all information, commands, conditions etc no longer apply to the playable group and can cause major game breaking issues including missing trigger firing or script conditions.

I don't know how the new version of CSE handles this incapacitated state as I haven't tested it yet, but I was wondering if it's possible that rather than killing a player when they're incapacitated, they are preserved/kept alive in their current squad. It would save a lot of hassle when it comes to mission conditions as well as having to rejoin a group after being revived.

Thanks.

Ruthberg what an oustanding work and very nice to see this is coming to my ace replacement mod cse.

CSE goes in the right direction thx for this and thx to the whole team and the good work with this mod.

I have tested it today and there are two little probs,when i set the ballistic crate in the editor to get the krestel and atragmx there is nothing ingame, same problem with the earplugs crate.

Anyone have the classnames of the eraplugs and krestek/atragmx ?

Mods used: CBA+CSE_RC

1+ for fine tuning of the weaponresting feature

When you prone on the ground, its right that you dont can rest your weapon but your elbow can stabilize, so in my opinion weapon resting shouldn`t be a problem in prone positions.

Mayby not so good as via bipod but it should be possible.

The earplugs box is invisible. Also can someone explain me the differences between the electronic, and standard earplugs, if there's one ? Thanks.

Anyone have the classnames of the eraplugs and krestek/atragmx ?

cse_ab_Kestrel4500

cse_ab_ATragMX

cse_earplugs

cse_earplugs_electronic

When you prone on the ground, its right that you dont can rest your weapon but your elbow can stabilize, so in my opinion weapon resting shouldn`t be a problem in prone positions.

Mayby not so good as via bipod but it should be possible.

Recoil and sway are already reduced if you're in the prone position, to account for that. Hence we didn't allow weapon resting without having a bipod on flat ground surfaces. But you can use your backpack or any other object to rest your weapon on, even if you don't have a bipod.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

The earplugs box is invisible. Also can someone explain me the differences between the electronic, and standard earplugs, if there's one ? Thanks.
The electronic earplugs allow you to hear normal unless you are currently exposed to high sound pressure levels. The amount of dampening that is applied is variable. For example it might be less pronounced if you shoot a suppressed weapon.

The range master cap with earmuffs (classname: H_Cap_headphones) can be worn as an (electronic) ear protection.

You can wear earmuffs and earplugs together to get maximum ear protection.

Still having trouble to find the new surgical kit. Is it supposed to be in the cse medical supply box, or does it has to be added manually to a box?

congratulation on the new release! finally Advanced Ballistics is implemented into this mod! :bounce3: with Advanced Ballistics, CSE is gonna be so freaking realistic to the point where you can't just aim & shoot, there'll be lotta calculation going on especially for long range shooting! I ain't exaggerating, Advanced Ballistics = Real Precision Shooting! Trust me guys, you might wanna learn a lil bit bout real precision shooting stuffs before you get your hands on Advanced Ballistics coz if you don't, you're gonna get yourself lotta headaches lol XD

and congratulation for Ruthberg who has joined the CSE team ;) you're the greatest bro \m/

P.S.: I think BI should consider implementing Advanced Ballistics into the game engine as the official A3 ballistics :cool: Come on let's start a petition! :bounce3:

Still having trouble to find the new surgical kit. Is it supposed to be in the cse medical supply box, or does it has to be added manually to a box?

It is supposed to be in there. We have added it for the next release (in a day or so).

hi

is a bipod included in cse, or which bipod

(mod) can i use?

do i need also then "asdg joint rails"?

thnx for clearance

This has probably already been noticed, but since the issue tracker doesn't have it:

19:32:07 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

19:32:07 File cse\cse_main\misc\functions\fn_setDead.sqf, line 34

_unit spawn {
_playerDead = isPlayer _unit; <- _unit not defined yet
private ["_unit","_counter"];
_unit = _this;

hi

is a bipod included in cse, or which bipod

(mod) can i use?

do i need also then "asdg joint rails"?

thnx for clearance

There is no need for ASDG joint rails for CSE.

This has probably already been noticed, but since the issue tracker doesn't have it:

19:32:07 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

19:32:07 File cse\cse_main\misc\functions\fn_setDead.sqf, line 34

_unit spawn {
_playerDead = isPlayer _unit; <- _unit not defined yet
private ["_unit","_counter"];
_unit = _this;

Thanks for the report. We have fixed this. :)

Do the earplugs work as in AGM, where you have to use an action to insert them, or is it enough to simply have them in your inventory?

With the new rc of cse i get following error when starting together with rhs escalation:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tank_F/HeadLimits.InitAngleY'.

not sure if that's an issue on your end or red hammer, it's just that it started with the new rc.

With the new rc of cse i get following error when starting together with rhs escalation:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tank_F/HeadLimits.InitAngleY'.

not sure if that's an issue on your end or red hammer, it's just that it started with the new rc.

Same here.

If Player is down (revivable) he has no earplug anymore. If now a grenade explodes near the player and he is KIA or respawn, the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sound is present after respawn.

There is also a small error in stand up animation when weapon is rested in prone stance.

Most "Respawn with Gear" scripts can not handle non present inventory items.

May be you can add an option which keep the earplugs in players inventory.

can you please fix that, thanks.

One more question: there is an item which has the classname "cse_battery". Is that an item from the advanced interaction system, an item from the IED system (meaning it is "IED material") or something completely else? I couldn't find it in the wiki's classname list.

I think that's just the root class for the darter battery, iirc, so other types of batteries can in the future be added with the same root. So... no use for that empty class there yet :)

Thx for the nice update.

Like we said before 0.7, with VTS mission generator, you can't take CSE Stuff from shop ("you haven't enought place into your inventory").

I can't find any CSE item into BIS Virtual Armory. Is that normal ?

Questions :

- Some modules are customizable by script. But in the wiki, not every line are indicated. Like backblast. Where can I found the information ?

- For backblast, does it work for every launcher and map ? I try with (Vanilla)NLAW, (RHS)M136 and (RHS)RPG-26/RShG-2 proning front a wall into Chernarus : nothing happend. No pain, no hurt.

- How work TFAR and earplugs ? Does earplugs lower TFAR sound ? (haven't tried sorry)

- Vector and telemeter aren't working for me. Need a battery ? It isn't clear.

- I die inside a building (BIS bug) and respawn..... but without my uniform. Bag and vest were here but not my uniform. Maybe because I was BLUE side and wear a VDV uniform. Will try further.

Weapon resting and magazine check needs work. I like the the ideas being implemented, and hope they improve in the near future.

What i've found:

-Weapon resting was not working when prone.

-Resting works when pointing at walls, but not when putting the gun on the side of objects. (intended?)

-Would it be possible to integrate auto weapon resting on surfaces like it was done in recent updates in MCC? This way no key binding is needed.

-When checking magazine using "R" in junction with other keys, the player reloads. As this work in AGM MOD, they disable the reload function when checking magazines. Hopefully this can be implemented. I guess using different set of keys can be a workaround, but i hope not the standard. Also the weight of the MAG might not be the best approach on checking ammo count. I'm no gun expert though so i'll leave that open for others to comment as well if i'm off.

I like how AGM approaches these similar changes, but your design is a lot nicer (IMO anyways). Maybe partnering with them wouldnt be a bad way to integrate some of the solutions. Just an idea. Anways keep up the great work and look forward to the improvements/updates.

Weapon resting was not working when prone.

I believe that is intended (if you didn't have a bipod). You can rest your weapon on the ground while in prone, only if you have a bipod attached. Otherwise, you could put your backpack down and rest your weapon on it while in prone, as I understand it.

I believe that is intended (if you didn't have a bipod). You can rest your weapon on the ground while in prone, only if you have a bipod attached. Otherwise, you could put your backpack down and rest your weapon on it while in prone, as I understand it.

That is pretty much it.

Waiting for the Update. :)

ah thats interesting. I guess it makes sense, or i can see how they makes it more realistic in some cases.