glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Nope - damage is taken as normal and the incapacitated state is no more!

This is what I mean about the changelog - if you can let us know what changes you have made we can help a lot more when it comes to testing and I'd be more than happy to help in that respect.

What version though? The hotfix from the other day? That was literally just a hotfix for the infinite helo explosions.

Or do you mean a "Following modules were changed and should be placed anew in missions:" list?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just updated on playwithsix earlier today - and since then I have a played a mission with the exact same module setup and now Basic Revive doesn't work - damage is taken as though it's not there.

Some more information about the next version.

Team News:

We've joined forces with Ruthberg from the awesome Advanced Ballistics Mod! He's a very dedicated modder and we're happy to have him with us! :)

Thanks and credits go out as always to Leon a.k.a. LAxemann for creating awesome sound effects for the various features.

Planned changes:

Weapon Overheating / Jamming / Spare Barrels

Barrel heat affects bullet trajectory and overheating weapons can get jammed. Spare barrels will be available to alleviate the build-up of heat.

Initially, there will mostly be generic rifle barrel(s) that fit most if not all, but if mod makers want to make their own dedicated spare barrels for their weapons, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to support it!

Combat Medical System Changes

We are looking at revamping the combat medical system's damage handling. Most of the changes won't make it in the next release, as it's an intricate system and we want to make sure it works properly before releasing it.

Some changes will be in there, however, such as some tweaks to survivability, some re-arrangement of config settings (put Damage thresholds into separate module) and we're trying to fix some bugs with dragging.

We've also added a surgical kit that allows you to stitch up bandaged wounds (for when advanced wounds is enabled), so you don't have to medevac / full heal patients just so their wounds don't reopen all the time.

Advanced Ballistics

Courtesy of Ruthberg, advanced ballistics along with the ATragMX and Kestrel have been added to CSE. Supporting a wide range of weapons and calibers, it's probably the most detailed ballistics simulation in ArmA 3.

As with everything CSE, it is entirely optional. You can have it disabled, enabled for every player, or only enable the advanced ballistics for your professional marksmen while using more simple wind ballistics for the average rifleman.

An explanation of the 100% optional config entries you need to add for your weapons to be supported by CSE see our wiki.

Some existing weapon mods are already supported thanks to the previous efforts by Ruthberg. Some newer ones may be missing.

The RHS team has been kind enough to work with us on getting CSE support into their mod(s) in a 100% optional fashion! This will allow their stuff to work nicely with CSE without making CSE a requirement for people using RHS.

Obviously we can't promise anything, it's their mod, but hopefully those changes will make it into one of their upcoming releases :)

Weapon Resting

This feature has been revamped a lot, improving what it affects, supporting bipods, adding a visual indicator, better feel to it (pivot mode with some snap to it).

In the future, we'd like to integrate deployables into this, such as a sandbag you can put on the ground to raise your weapon's resting point, or a tripod to fire from inside rooms nicely. We'll see how much is possible there.

Advanced Interaction

Advanced interaction now has properly implemented the usage of items and equipment for its actions.

Field Rations

Some bug fixes here.

We also want to thank SpectreRSG, the maker of TFA Naval Special Warfare Gear for supporting the field rations module with his uniforms, meaning you can use the uniforms that have visual camelbaks as working water containers with the field rations module enabled.

Environmental Effects

Ambient Civilians module has been added as a first release. Of course it will have to be extended upon later once we have some feedback.

We get a lot of requests to add stuff like ammo cook-off, NVG noise/limitations and such. We're looking into those, but not for the next version ;)

Magazine Repack

Magazine repack has been revamped to feel a bit more realistic, going magazine by magazine, bullet by bullet, with nice sound effects and whatnot. You can abort the repack and you'll still have the progress made so far.

Disposable Launchers

What it says, allowing for disposable launchers. This does not affect any existing launchers, it merely adds support for any mod makers that want to make disposable launchers.

Example: In the config of your launcher, add a setting cse_disposableLauncher = "example_used_launcher"; to your launcher.

Or, to add a concrete example:

class launch_NLAW_F: Launcher_Base_F { cse_disposableLauncher = "cse_Used_NLAW_F"; };

This will add the disposable feature to the NLAW, the cse_used_nlaw_f is a class that inherits from the launcher itself but has a useless magazine.

When fired, the weapon will be switched out.

If you also add

cse_disposableLauncher_switchAfter = 1;

the unit will switch to primary right after firing the launcher.

Combat Deafness

Combat deafness has been added, including things like automatic gunfire and explosions. Depending on the pressure forced upon your ears, you may go deaf for some time (not indefinitely, though, that would suck for a game!).

Some protective measures have been added for this as well, from simple earplugs that dampen all sound - including (as far as I know) TFAR/ACRE transmission - to electronic earplugs that only cancel out peak volumes. Some hats are also supported to have protective earmuffs, if you're a maker of uniforms check our wiki on what optional config parameter to add to support this particular feature.

Weapon Safety

An optional system - you can leave it disabled if you prefer other mods that add this kind of functionality - this allows putting any weapon other than throwables into safety mode.

Some internal changes

- Initial version of revamped UI (icons + loading bar + text in one area)

- CMS Items changed from being a magazine to being a weapon

- Revamp of ammo boxes

- Some support for Virtual Arsenal / Zeus in terms of items

- CBA Dependency added for compatibility

- Some bug fixes

- Changes in multiple CSE modules

ETA for this Update?

We're hoping to send a dev build to our dedicated testers around the end of the week, and hopefully a public release by the end of the month.

I hope I haven't forgotten anythig :D

We're working on more features already, but I neither want to spoil anything nor do I want to make promises we might not keep.

Our wiki will be updated over the next days to document the changes and update some of the grossly outdated information.

Edited by janus0104

some more information about the next version.

team news:

we've joined forces with ruthberg from the awesome advanced ballistics mod! He's a very dedicated modder and we're happy to have him with us! :)

thanks and credits go out as always to leon a.k.a. Laxemann for creating awesome sound effects for the various features.

planned changes:

weapon overheating / jamming / spare barrels

barrel heat affects bullet trajectory and overheating weapons can get jammed. Spare barrels will be available to alleviate the build-up of heat.

Initially, there will mostly be generic rifle barrel(s) that fit most if not all, but if mod makers want to make their own dedicated spare barrels for their weapons, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to support it!

combat medical system changes

we are looking at revamping the combat medical system's damage handling. Most of the changes won't make it in the next release, as it's an intricate system and we want to make sure it works properly before releasing it.

Some changes will be in there, however, such as some tweaks to survivability, some re-arrangement of config settings (put damage thresholds into separate module) and we're trying to fix some bugs with dragging.

We've also added a surgical kit that allows you to stitch up bandaged wounds (for when advanced wounds is enabled), so you don't have to medevac / full heal patients just so their wounds don't reopen all the time.

advanced ballistics

courtesy of ruthberg, advanced ballistics along with the atragmx and kestrel have been added to cse. Supporting a wide range of weapons and calibers, it's probably the most detailed ballistics simulation in arma 3.

As with everything cse, it is entirely optional. You can have it disabled, enabled for every player, or only enable the advanced ballistics for your professional marksmen while using more simple wind ballistics for the average rifleman.

An explanation of the 100% optional config entries you need to add for your weapons to be supported by cse see our wiki.

Some existing weapon mods are already supported thanks to the previous efforts by ruthberg. Some newer ones may be missing.

The rhs team has been kind enough to work with us on getting cse support into their mod(s) in a 100% optional fashion! This will allow their stuff to work nicely with cse without making cse a requirement for people using rhs.

Obviously we can't promise anything, it's their mod, but hopefully those changes will make it into one of their upcoming releases :)

weapon resting

this feature has been revamped a lot, improving what it affects, supporting bipods, adding a visual indicator, better feel to it (pivot mode with some snap to it).

In the future, we'd like to integrate deployables into this, such as a sandbag you can put on the ground to raise your weapon's resting point, or a tripod to fire from inside rooms nicely. We'll see how much is possible there.

advanced interaction

advanced interaction now has properly implemented the usage of items and equipment for its actions.

field rations

some bug fixes here.

We also want to thank spectrersg, the maker of tfa naval special warfare gear for supporting the field rations module with his uniforms, meaning you can use the uniforms that have visual camelbaks as working water containers with the field rations module enabled.

environmental effects

ambient civilians module has been added as a first release. Of course it will have to be extended upon later once we have some feedback.

We get a lot of requests to add stuff like ammo cook-off, nvg noise/limitations and such. We're looking into those, but not for the next version ;)

magazine repack

magazine repack has been revamped to feel a bit more realistic, going magazine by magazine, bullet by bullet, with nice sound effects and whatnot. You can abort the repack and you'll still have the progress made so far.

disposable launchers

what it says, allowing for disposable launchers. This does not affect any existing launchers, it merely adds support for any mod makers that want to make disposable launchers.

Example: In the config of your launcher, add a setting cse_disposablelauncher = "example_used_launcher"; to your launcher.

Or, to add a concrete example:

This will add the disposable feature to the nlaw, the cse_used_nlaw_f is a class that inherits from the launcher itself but has a useless magazine.

When fired, the weapon will be switched out.

If you also add

cse_disposablelauncher_switchafter = 1;

the unit will switch to primary right after firing the launcher.

combat deafness

combat deafness has been added, including things like automatic gunfire and explosions. Depending on the pressure forced upon your ears, you may go deaf for some time (not indefinitely, though, that would suck for a game!).

Some protective measures have been added for this as well, from simple earplugs that dampen all sound - including (as far as i know) tfar/acre transmission - to electronic earplugs that only cancel out peak volumes. Some hats are also supported to have protective earmuffs, if you're a maker of uniforms check our wiki on what optional config parameter to add to support this particular feature.

weapon safety

an optional system - you can leave it disabled if you prefer other mods that add this kind of functionality - this allows putting any weapon other than throwables into safety mode.

some internal changes

- initial version of revamped ui (icons + loading bar + text in one area)

- cms items changed from being a magazine to being a weapon

- revamp of ammo boxes

- some support for virtual arsenal / zeus in terms of items

- cba dependency added for compatibility

- some bug fixes

- changes in multiple cse modules

eta for this update?

we're hoping to send a dev build to our dedicated testers around the end of the week, and hopefully a public release by the end of the month.

I hope i haven't forgotten anythig :d

we're working on more features already, but i neither want to spoil anything nor do i want to make promises we might not keep.

Our wiki will be updated over the next days to document the changes and update some of the grossly outdated information.

my body is ready!

please consider with zeus mcc compatibility, the height adjusment is broken in zeus with mcc + cse, our group really want to use your facinated mod but since it bugging with zeus we can't use it :(

please consider with zeus mcc compatibility, the height adjusment is broken in zeus with mcc + cse, our group really want to use your facinated mod but since it bugging with zeus we can't use it :(

What? I have no idea why that would happen for you, works fine here. Could you perhaps make a short video showing your module setup in the editor and the problem itself ingame?

place no module, try with only cba + CSE and it still happening in editor

I don't even know what problem you're describing o_O Works totally fine here.

Also, editor is a bad way to test things, stuff like TFAR, Basic Revive etc can't work in there?

I don't even know what problem you're describing o_O Works totally fine here.

Also, editor is a bad way to test things, stuff like TFAR, Basic Revive etc can't work in there?

other thigs are working just fine, the Zeus is the problem, as i told at first i can't adjust height of unit.

it's mean that when i para drop the unit, the unit stay at ground and the only parachute flying at sky

the worst is we can't place object and unit at certain height position like on the top of the building or on the table

the worst is we can't place object and unit at certain height position like on the top of the building or on the table

I can do so fine... That's what confuses me. I placed units in 2nd floor and on roof of buildings to try and duplicate your issue.

Thank you very much! Wow, I didn't even know that you could do that @ parachutes. Trying to replicate now.

EDIT: Okay, the parachutes is still broken, will take a look see if we can fix it. No clue how that happened o_O I'm assuming that the parachutes are a more pronounced indicator of the same issue, so hopefully any height glitchyness will be gone with that, too.

Edited by janus0104

Thanks for concern, and as you saw the video there are another bug.

look at 1:30

when moving unit, sometimes they are bunching with each other.

Thanks for concern, and as you saw the video there are another bug.

look at 1:30

when moving unit, sometimes they are bunching with each other.

Thanks for the video, we think we have it fixed now. Though the occurence of the issue makes no sense whatsoever lol.

The fix will be in the next update, please let us know if you have any remaining issues afterwards :)

Could the wiki please be updated with a step by step tutorial how to set up CSE for mission makers? It focus is heavily on the user side of things (how2bandage?), but not so what the modules are and it's configuration features. I'm still not sure if the basic revive module is required for advanced wounds etc. The same with the new methods to set medics through scripting etc for JIP compatibility; the information is simply not there or hard to find.

The furthest I got was here. It's very dated. The tutorial mission helps a little bit, but doesn't explain what each module does in a detailed way, just a throw in the deep end.

Could the wiki please be updated with a step by step tutorial how to set up CSE for mission makers? It focus is heavily on the user side of things (how2bandage?), but not so what the modules are and it's configuration features. I'm still not sure if the basic revive module is required for advanced wounds etc. The same with the new methods to set medics through scripting etc for JIP compatibility; the information is simply not there or hard to find.

The furthest I got was here. It's very dated. The tutorial mission helps a little bit, but doesn't explain what each module does in a detailed way, just a throw in the deep end.

Yes, it can, and will be over the next few days :) Basically, we don't want to double our efforts there, so we'll update it with the newest information for the upcoming patch once everything there is final to be handed out to our testers.

For your most urgent needs:

- Advanced Wounds is unrelated to Basic Revive. The first makes it so bandaged wounds can reopen, the latter lets you set a delayed death, i.e. if you WOULD die, you won't die until the configured amount of seconds elapses, giving medics that much more time to save you. Some things are not covered by it, e.g. heli crashes (noone could get to you with it being on fire, so we spare you the wait) or drowning.

- Set medics: Say you have 5 units and you have set their names to be s1, s2, s3, s4, s5. You can then just add e.g. "s1,s2" without the brackets into the Set Medics Class module's line (don't remember how it's phrased exactly, but with label and tooltip you should find what I mean) and it will make those slots into medics no matter how often they have to reconnect.

Any other questions that make it impossible for you to properly set up a mission, feel free to ask. The wiki we'll update as soon as possible :) Just not tonight.

Is it possible to add details into the Biometric Scanner from the editor?

Are you able to add in the the little bunny hop and change the walking animation? Coming from AGM is slightly annoying to not have these and nothing to replace them, thanks!

Is there a way to pre-load certain objects into certain vehicles on mission start?

If i want a helicopter pre-loaded w. two boxes for an example.

Also is there a way through triggers to activate the damage features?

In the certain case, give pain to players within the trigger.

Specifically, pain.

Hi guys/Glowbal,

I've been trying out CSE and it all seems pretty great.

I don't seem to be able to get the Basic Revive module to work properly though - unless I misunderstood, it's meant to make unconscious if they're shot, and at the moment all my units die instantly on taking all but the slightest bit of damage.

I've had some success with adding a "HandleDamage" event handler and reducing incoming damage by at least 10x, but it's a kinda... hacky solution.

Am I doing it wrong?

I've had issues with basic revive as well, but in terms of reducing incoming damage, you can use the damage threshold settings for players and AI included in CMS.

There's also a separate damage threshold module for AI.