glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

GREAT mod. I am enjoying the medical system more than just about anything else I have used. It is deep, but simple to access to to learn, plus it gives you all the information quickly. Really appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into it.

I do have a couple questions. When do you anticipate a fix for the weapon sway issue when resting a weapon? We are planning to switch from AGM to CSE because of some issues we are having with Alive plus I like the CSE medical system more. AGM is a great mod, but I am enjoying the depth of CSE. Also, it seems like as a medic I am unable to give myself blood or use the Personal Aid Kit. This seems like a pretty big issue since most of the time we only ever have one medic. Is this a configuration issue on my end, is it intentional, or is it a bug?

Thanks!

GREAT mod. I am enjoying the medical system more than just about anything else I have used. It is deep, but simple to access to to learn, plus it gives you all the information quickly. Really appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into it.

I do have a couple questions. When do you anticipate a fix for the weapon sway issue when resting a weapon? We are planning to switch from AGM to CSE because of some issues we are having with Alive plus I like the CSE medical system more. AGM is a great mod, but I am enjoying the depth of CSE. Also, it seems like as a medic I am unable to give myself blood or use the Personal Aid Kit. This seems like a pretty big issue since most of the time we only ever have one medic. Is this a configuration issue on my end, is it intentional, or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks :)

We are overhauling the weapon resting, as well as a lot of other modules for the next release. They should all be much improved.

As for giving yourself IV or using a PAK; those are currently hardcoded to be only usable on other units. If there is enough interest however, we could of course make this a setting to allow self treatment for those actions.

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** the CSE Server Config is also available seperatly on Armaholic

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Just a suggestion and feedback from my unit. We love CSE and where using it, but have since moved to XMed just because it has a higher chance of survivability, making for longer last senarious and less frustrated players, would you guys be interested in adding a defibrillator kit or something of that nature to bring units back from the dead. I know it may be less realistic from a medical standpoint, but from a game play perspective, will add a whole lot more survivability and the ability for medics to revive downed players to keep the mission moving forward. Let me know what you think of this idea. Love where you guys are going, keep up the good work.

We are overhauling the weapon resting, as well as a lot of other modules for the next release. They should all be much improved.

As for giving yourself IV or using a PAK; those are currently hardcoded to be only usable on other units. If there is enough interest however, we could of course make this a setting to allow self treatment for those actions.

Thank you for the quick reply. I assume by next release you do not mean 9.1.1, I just tried it and it seems to be the same.

Just a suggestion and feedback from my unit. We love CSE and where using it, but have since moved to XMed just because it has a higher chance of survivability, making for longer last senarious and less frustrated players, would you guys be interested in adding a defibrillator kit or something of that nature to bring units back from the dead. I know it may be less realistic from a medical standpoint, but from a game play perspective, will add a whole lot more survivability and the ability for medics to revive downed players to keep the mission moving forward. Let me know what you think of this idea. Love where you guys are going, keep up the good work.

The Basic Revive Module does just that? It gives delayed death to whoever it's enabled for with the amount of seconds set. But we're also looking into some improvements in the wound and bleed code to allow more survivability.

Thank you for the quick reply. I assume by next release you do not mean 9.1.1, I just tried it and it seems to be the same.

Yeah, that one's just a hotfix for the helicopter DLC-caused infinite heli crashes.

Edited by janus0104

Is it just me or can everyone download the cse server side mod? I keep getting the error page when I try. Is there another link, I looked on the main website and it has version 0.9.0.

Twiztid

One other thing to note, it would be great if there was a simple graphical indication that you have rested your weapon.

Do you use the CPR function from CSE? We use it and we had some nice moments where we were able to revive somebody who had no pulse and was not responsive. We run CSE on some settings which are from my point of view "relatively" relaxed. You cant use the CSE Aid Kit unless you are in a medical facility, which is in our base. However every player can use the medical equipment. Actual dying can take up to 10 minutes after you get shot down, so there is a fair ammount of time to get revived, or evecuated back to base.

A question I would like to ask is if there are plans to bring items like earplugs and protective goggles into the game over CSE with some functionality to it. It was a small but pretty nice detail in ACE for ArmA 2 to me and I would like to see this in the future in CSE.

A question I would like to ask is if there are plans to bring items like earplugs and protective goggles into the game over CSE with some functionality to it. It was a small but pretty nice detail in ACE for ArmA 2 to me and I would like to see this in the future in CSE.

Earplugs are "in", hoping we can release it with next update. Normal earplugs that dampen all sound, electronic ones that only dampen peak decibels, and having some of the existing hats work as earmuffs, like that range master baseball cap that has the big ear muffs.

As for goggles, they should protect against muzzle blasts from next version :)

Edited by janus0104

Here's a thought:

Medics should be able to perform medical abilities faster than the grunts (maybe as an optional addition) Like it takes normal riflemen 5 seconds to bandage, but a medic 3 seconds kind of thing.

Here's a thought:

Medics should be able to perform medical abilities faster than the grunts (maybe as an optional addition) Like it takes normal riflemen 5 seconds to bandage, but a medic 3 seconds kind of thing.

Challenge to you: take a bandage, put into your pant pocket. Take a stopwatch, start it, get the bandage out of your pocket and apply it properly to any part of your body. Let me know if you manage 3 seconds o_O

Generally, some bonuses for medics are an idea we've played around with before, but I think we can find better ways to do it than super-fast cleaning of wounds, removal of shrapnel and applying of bandages with correct amount of pressure.

The speed is fine to me and if you set it up in the module, medics get advanced information when checking a player like a detailed pulse etc.

On our server everyone can do what the medic does. However that does not make the role of a medic weaker or obsolete. We have people who are good medics because they play it a lot. In the end they are actually faster when it comes up to heal or save people, because they know what to first and they have their little tricks. Beside that the medic is carrying a big ammount of medical supplies in his backpack. The other player usually walk around with some "emergency" equipment like:

10x small bandages

4x of each bigger bandages and field dressings

2x Morphine, Epinephrine, Atropine

1x Saline bag 250ml

1x Tourniquet

That is usually enough to get you out of the worst trouble when you are hit and no medic is around. However medics are still a important and value role in our gameplay.

Nice to hear about earplugs and protective goggles. Will the goggles only protect you against muzzle blasts, or will it also have on impact in other situations like something explodingn near you, or being close to a chopper that is near to the ground and swirling up dus?

Earplugs are "in", hoping we can release it with next update. Normal earplugs that dampen all sound, electronic ones that only dampen peak decibels, and having some of the existing hats work as earmuffs, like that range master baseball cap that has the big ear muffs.

As for goggles, they should protect against muzzle blasts from next version :)

that sounds awesome! just one question. will it also affect tfar/acre? like when you are using earplugs, will the other people also be more silent, or will it only affect game sounds?

that sounds awesome! just one question. will it also affect tfar/acre? like when you are using earplugs, will the other people also be more silent, or will it only affect game sounds?

Yes, it should affect TFAR/ACRE. That's where the electronic earplugs come in handy as they don't dampen all the time.

@Fennistil: Only muzzle blast for now, I think. One step at a time :D

Now, if BIS made it possible to set variables to objects beyond the scope of your inventory we could do a lot more, but for now some features will be of limited realism.

well that is indeed awesome! :) that's what actually stopped us from using earplugs so far!

any ETA?! :)

and as i am here in the thread, i would also like to ask about an issue. it may be on our side again (maybe another mod that's causing this) but we have problems when carring a person. if the player who carries an unconcious player gets shot and goes down, the player who was carried disappears. on saturday i was that person who disappeared and i can tell (had my gps when getting hit) that my body was teleported to the lowe left corner of the map (to the bottom of the sea). anybody else having that problem? else i will have to search for the mod that causes this in another 5 hour session ;)

and as i am here in the thread, i would also like to ask about an issue. it may be on our side again (maybe another mod that's causing this) but we have problems when carring a person. if the player who carries an unconcious player gets shot and goes down, the player who was carried disappears. on saturday i was that person who disappeared and i can tell (had my gps when getting hit) that my body was teleported to the lowe left corner of the map (to the bottom of the sea). anybody else having that problem? else i will have to search for the mod that causes this in another 5 hour session ;)

Could I ask you to post it at the issue tracker? https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/issues

Else we may forget it :)

As for ETA, we want to roll it out to our dedicated testing groups to find early bugs / issues soon, update release follows as soon as we know it's not horribly broken :)

one question about the issue tracker: should i post it even if i am not sure if it is a cse bug? because the last issue i posted in this thread i later found that it was indeed another mod that caused the problem.

one question about the issue tracker: should i post it even if i am not sure if it is a cse bug? because the last issue i posted in this thread i later found that it was indeed another mod that caused the problem.

Well, if you're able to verify that this bug occurs even without other mods, that helps, but if you can't, we'll try and reproduce it.

The Basic Revive Module does just that? It gives delayed death to whoever it's enabled for with the amount of seconds set. But we're also looking into some improvements in the wound and bleed code to allow more survivability.

With my suggestion, I was thinking something more along the lines of, no matter how much damage a unit takes, they will always pop into an unconscious state if you have the basic revive module on, therefore units will never die unless the timer of the revive module runs out.

Or if you did something like a defibrillator, so that if a unit is dead, then you can revive them a certain time limit after they have died. I know it may not be the most realistic, but for clans who want a more relaxed system, that might be a simple addition.

With my suggestion, I was thinking something more along the lines of, no matter how much damage a unit takes, they will always pop into an unconscious state if you have the basic revive module on, therefore units will never die unless the timer of the revive module runs out.

That's exactly how it already works....

Just so my reply is a bit more helpful, in case you were unaware of how to configure CSE mission-side to work like you want it to:

- Place the Combat Medical System Module, configure it however you see fit.

- Place the Basic Revive Module, enable it for Players, set the timer to the amount of time you always want people to survive beyond the point where they would've died in seconds, i.e. 600 for 10 minutes, set the amount of damage parameter to -1. The last setting, if set to something other than -1, sets the amount of additional damage needs to be dealt to someone in revive timer state to be killed on the spot, making it so excessive damage can't be survived. This part is of course entirely optional, hence the -1 option exists, so leave it out and see how you like it :)

Note that not all sorts of damage can be covered by CSE. Some cases the A3 engine doesn't seem to go through the event handlers we use and just outright kills you on the spot - ouch. Also, you can still drown to death, there is no revive timer for having no oxygen left in your lungs.

Edited by janus0104

Since this update the Basic Revive Module doesn't work - death is instant if enough damage is taken, and the Personal Aid Kits are also not available.

If we could get some sort of change log for each update I'd really appreciate it as at the moment it's quite hard to get a proper game going between versions when we're not even really sure what the changes are, and the mission setup (modules etc) remain the same.

Also noticed a random bug - don't know if this has been posted:

Dragging inside buildings can cause an issue where when you drop some one, they are sometimes thrown hundreds of meters - something to do with collision detection I think. In a couple of cases people were also spawned way off the map when dropped.

Edited by EddiePrice

Dragging inside buildings can cause an issue where when you drop some one, they are sometimes thrown hundreds of meters - something to do with collision detection I think. In a couple of cases people were also spawned way off the map when dropped.

I haven't witnessed that. Question: Do you have other mods running aswell that could interfere with this, e.g. some ragdoll stuff?

Either way, we'll look into it, not sure how easy it is to fix. Can you perhaps find a spot where it's reproducable?

Since this update the Basic Revive Module doesn't work - death is instant if enough damage is taken, and the Personal Aid Kits are also not available.

If we could get some sort of change log for each update I'd really appreciate it as at the moment it's quite hard to get a proper game going between versions when we're not even really sure what the changes are, and the mission setup (modules etc) remain the same.

Hmm? Basic Revive Module doesn't work???

Edited by janus0104

Nope - damage is taken as normal and the incapacitated state is no more!

This is what I mean about the changelog - if you can let us know what changes you have made we can help a lot more when it comes to testing and I'd be more than happy to help in that respect.