glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Do i have to use this "CSE serverside -> http://wiki.csemod.com/index.php?title=Enable_CSE_Server_side" to run a server or can i use the normal files? (I want to set up the cse config over the mission, not the server)

Since the update today the server bumps back to the mission selection after loading a map with cse. In the Serverlog he says: Mission YXZ read from bank. Nothing more.

Edited by Clawhammer

nice radial menu

how you solved the problem that ArmAs UI system is not supporting rotated buttons etc? (all is just a simple rectangle ...)

It is a few background images with square buttons on top. Took sometime getting the placement right though. But no rotated buttons.

Do i have to use this "CSE serverside -> http://wiki.csemod.com/index.php?title=Enable_CSE_Server_side" to run a server or can i use the normal files? (I want to set up the cse config over the mission, not the server)

Since the update today the server bumps back to the mission selection after loading a map with cse. In the Serverlog he says: Mission YXZ read from bank. Nothing more.

No, that is completely optional and would only be necessary if you wanted to use the server config. You are still able to use the config approach for specific missions in the description.ext file.

About the mission jumping back; The only reason I can think off is that you might be using the ration items in your mission (manually added?) and have the gbl_c_ration used. That classname has been changed to cse_c_ration. If not, replace the CSE modules on the mission.

You could also try out the latest sample mission from CSE (Capture Pygros) and see if that loads up.

That would be excellent Glowbal!

They have been added in the dev version. Will be there with the next update. :)

Sample Mission works, strange, we have no cse items on the map, just the modules... i try to put them again on the map.

EDIT: I did that, but as soon as i place one single cse module on the map.... he kicks me back to the mission screen :-(

If i remove all CSE modules the map loads. I made a new empty map and put all the modules on the map, all works fine. Something is wrong here... O.o There must be a conflict.

I use Task Force Radio, and CBA for Patrols. Are there any known conflicts?

EDIT2: I removed everythink except my player from the old map and the cse modules, it still not loads, if i rebuild that it works...that makes no sense...

Edited by Clawhammer

Sample Mission works, strange, we have no cse items on the map, just the modules... i try to put them again on the map.

EDIT: I did that, but as soon as i place one single cse module on the map.... he kicks me back to the mission screen :-(

If i remove all CSE modules the map loads. I made a new empty map and put all the modules on the map, all works fine. Something is wrong here... O.o There must be a conflict.

I use Task Force Radio, and CBA for Patrols. Are there any known conflicts?

EDIT2: I removed everythink except my player from the old map and the cse modules, it still not loads, if i rebuild that it works...that makes no sense...

TFAR and CBA usually play nicely with CSE, we'll also be properly using/supporting CBA soon (can't promise "next update", obviously).

Something in a script file you include in the mission?

Usually this happens when

a.) a file is outdated

or

b.) a referenced class is outdated

Here's something you can try: Manually remove everything CSE from the mission, save. Check the addons and addOnsAuto section (right at the beginning) when you open your mission.sqm in Notepad++ or such, make a backup first of course. Remove any line in those arrays with cse_, e.g. "cse_main".

Save, load mission in ingame editor, place CSE modules anew. Try to load it now. It may be that a module in CSE was renamed and while all your modules are fine, your old mission file still "requires" an addon that is no longer having that name.

I found the issue, our server was not able to read another modfolder, in this modfolder was the f-18. This f-18 was on the map and made the server roll back to the mission screen. Strange, i dont understand why he does this with cse, without cse he loads the mission. Very strange, but this is arma. Now it works :)

is there a method to track when an object is loaded into the cargo space of a vehicle?
There is not but I will add one (for load and unload).
They have been added in the dev version. Will be there with the next update.

Thanks Glowbal! Looking forward to the next release. In the meantime, there`s plenty to play with!

The join group functionality doesn't seem to have worked for us since the addAction confirmation was added. Is anyone else having problems with it?

me and my clan we really love your mod, we just found one thing about the cms a little strange.

so i just aks right away, is there a way to limit the amount of wounds a player can recieve? it is a little strange that you can have 100+ wounds on an arm. it works in some missions, in some it is quite inconvinient.

edit: also we found a little bug. the modules for setting the medic class seem to not be jip compatible.

Edited by B.A.Verrecus

We seem to have a issue with the basic revive module. If it is activated it will cause a chain of neverendign explosions if a vehicle gets destroyed while a player who is alive is inside it. We tried changing the hits while unconscious parameter to pretty much everything but the problem still exists. Any suggestions?

Seems like bugging with Zeus, after using CSE, i can't adjust unit's height and para-drop :(

seems like it conflict with mcc

Edited by kgino1045

We seem to have a issue with the basic revive module. If it is activated it will cause a chain of neverendign explosions if a vehicle gets destroyed while a player who is alive is inside it. We tried changing the hits while unconscious parameter to pretty much everything but the problem still exists. Any suggestions?

Was able to reproduce this at 100% on a empty map.

Just go to a empty map in the editor, place down the basic revivle module, go into a heli and crash it or let it get destroyed and you recieve the chain explosion.

Seems like bugging with Zeus, after using CSE, i can't adjust unit's height and para-drop :(

seems like it conflict with mcc

I have same issue.

Did you write the same report in mcc thread?

Edited by sentence0219

Is there a community that uses CSE Medical system without any problems because currently my community is unable to use the medical system. We are having problems with dragging, carrying, and reviving. Most of it is not working and when it does, we get body duplications. We get on average around 20-30 players in a mission so if you are able to get it working with your community, could you please contact me. Thanks

Is there a community that uses CSE Medical system without any problems because currently my community is unable to use the medical system. We are having problems with dragging, carrying, and reviving. Most of it is not working and when it does, we get body duplications. We get on average around 20-30 players in a mission so if you are able to get it working with your community, could you please contact me. Thanks

We use cse without the issues you describe.

However we have the major and very critical bug with the basic revive module that I described earlier. I can not really believe that we are the only community that discovered this bug and have reported it. This bug is very easy to reproduce and we were able to do so with 3 different people on 3 different systems with or without other mods running.

Interesting, we had the same behavior and were already investigating the issue, but hadn't narrowed it down to Basic Revive Module. We'll double check the basic revive module, so thanks for reporting!

me and my clan we really love your mod, we just found one thing about the cms a little strange.

so i just aks right away, is there a way to limit the amount of wounds a player can recieve? it is a little strange that you can have 100+ wounds on an arm. it works in some missions, in some it is quite inconvinient.

edit: also we found a little bug. the modules for setting the medic class seem to not be jip compatible.

Are you synching them in the editor? That is not JIP-compatible for any module engine-wise, hence the module has a field to enter unit names.

As an alternative, you can also use the init-line of a unit to set him as a medic.

Are you synching them in the editor? That is not JIP-compatible for any module engine-wise, hence the module has a field to enter unit names.

As an alternative, you can also use the init-line of a unit to set him as a medic.

yeah, that was my bad actually. found that out a day after i posted this.

but with finding and getting rid of this problem, another one occured. medics seem to be able to perform the full heal 50% of the spawns.

let me explain it a little better. we had 2 medics in a mission, everything was set up how it should be, but only one medic could do the full heal. the second medic disconnected from the server and reconnected, choosing the same slot he had before. this time he could also do the full heal. when the medic who could do it from the beginning dis- and reconnected, he was not able to do the full heal. when he then dis- and reconnected he could do it again. when we found this issue, we tried around on an empty map (well, of course not completely empty) and found that it is 100% reproduceable.

now i don't know if it is maybe a conflict with another mod or not. could anybody confirm that issue? if not i will have to go on a hunt for the mod that is to blame for this issue.

yeah, that was my bad actually. found that out a day after i posted this.

but with finding and getting rid of this problem, another one occured. medics seem to be able to perform the full heal 50% of the spawns.

let me explain it a little better. we had 2 medics in a mission, everything was set up how it should be, but only one medic could do the full heal. the second medic disconnected from the server and reconnected, choosing the same slot he had before. this time he could also do the full heal. when the medic who could do it from the beginning dis- and reconnected, he was not able to do the full heal. when he then dis- and reconnected he could do it again. when we found this issue, we tried around on an empty map (well, of course not completely empty) and found that it is 100% reproduceable.

now i don't know if it is maybe a conflict with another mod or not. could anybody confirm that issue? if not i will have to go on a hunt for the mod that is to blame for this issue.

Interesting. Could you post that on the issue tracker please? So we don't forget :D

I just tried this mod, good work on the interface, that radial menu stuff looks really good, but the features are clearly unfinished, I figure that you guys are probably already working on it expanding all this stuff etc.

I tried this mod alone, and when I use the weapon rest key, nothing happens... isnt it supposed to give some indicator or something?

Also, when eating the food rations, it showed the "your stuffed" message, but that little hint thing never went away... just stayed there.

Also I cannot carry or drag injured AI at all (with med system on AI enabled) I click the button but nothing happens.

In addition, you guys should move "gesture" to its own slice of the radial menu instead of having to go through another one with the mouse, if you need to get to gestures quickly that kind of mucks up that.

Nice work, i'm looking forward to seeing a new expanded version.

Edit: Also, text spills over the display boxes alot on the little hints and stuff, I think some stuff with the rations gets cut off.

I just tried this mod, good work on the interface, that radial menu stuff looks really good, but the features are clearly unfinished, I figure that you guys are probably already working on it expanding all this stuff etc.

I tried this mod alone, and when I use the weapon rest key, nothing happens... isnt it supposed to give some indicator or something?

Also, when eating the food rations, it showed the "your stuffed" message, but that little hint thing never went away... just stayed there.

Also I cannot carry or drag injured AI at all (with med system on AI enabled) I click the button but nothing happens.

In addition, you guys should move "gesture" to its own slice of the radial menu instead of having to go through another one with the mouse, if you need to get to gestures quickly that kind of mucks up that.

Nice work, i'm looking forward to seeing a new expanded version.

Edit: Also, text spills over the display boxes alot on the little hints and stuff, I think some stuff with the rations gets cut off.

Roger, some of the details here and there need a touch up.

Feature-wise we are of course always expanding. We have a few communities that get to use our dev builds (translation: get to be our guinea pigs) so some early bugs never show up for most players. This means ocassionally having 2 weeks without an update and such. Weapon resting is among the features that will get a revamp with the next release (unless it seriously fubars during testing).

All in all, however, we are committed to continue improving CSE.

Small status update from our issues here:

We tried some workarounds that can partly eliminate the current bug. We did add the line describered here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13750 in the init of our helis and so far it works. However we are having problems getting this fully to work, since every time a vehicle is respawning it will not load the init line again. So in the end if a a helis gets destroyed and spawns again the bug happens again. We are currently trying to figure out how to avoid this, but not without much success.

Now to something completly different...

We have been using cse in a way that makes MEDEVAC working and actually fun. We did this by creating a medical facility in our base and the only plcase where the cse first aid kits work is this facility. After some weeks we figured out that the current settings lead to some annoying situations. We do like the feature that wounds can open up again, however we do feel that this can become very annoying because you technically have to MEDEVAC somebody sooner or later, even while he just has a small number of small wounds. We thought of fixing this by:

1. Only medics can use the cse first aid kit.

2. You can use the cse first aid kit everywhere

3. The cse first aid kit is disposable, so that it is gone after you use.

4. Bleedings has to be stopped first.

Problem is that the first aid kit right now has pretty much no weight to it and it takes no space. So there would not much be around to stop medics from having a very high ammount of first aid kits in their inventory and by this making the whole medevac thing obsolete. So we would really like to see it if the cse first aid kits would take away some fair ammount of space in the inventory, so that you could only have like 1-2 of these in your backpack. This would add some nice decision making to the medic role. The medic could use use it to fully fix up a player with only small wounds, but would risk not having one at hand when somebody gets hurt a lot more. (where medevac would come back into place).

Edited by Fennistil

Problem is that the first aid kit right now has pretty much no weight to it and it takes no space.

Will look into it, good suggestion.

After some discussion, how about this:

Add some mass/weight to first aid kits.

Add a second action to first aid kits, stitching, that doesn't reset all medical parameters of a soldier, just stops his wounds from re-opening. The conditions for this action would be just as configurable as the full-heal action, i.e. seperate setting for whether medical only, whether disposes aid kit upon use, whether at medical facilities only, etc.

Would that help with what you're trying to do?

Edited by janus0104