glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Thank you for explaining the values needed to get this working. Our server and missions are now running as they should :)

This does not fix the issue for basic revive. It simply removes a script error and corrects an eventhandler call that has been going wrong.

For the basic revive module, it will be part of the next update.

Though for now, you could try including the following in your init.sqf file:

CSE_ENABLE_REVIVE_F = 2; // Enable for. 0 = disabled, 1 = players only, 2 = players & AI
CSE_REVIVE_TIMER_F = 600; // Timer, in seconds
CSE_REVIVE_NUMBER_MAX_F = -1; // Hits while unconscious

That should be a workaround for the time being.

We used this earlier today, made all the enemies placed via Zeus invincible. All of the enemies that were spawned via ALIVE however we were able to kill.

Try setting CSE_ENABLE_REVIVE_F = 1;

We use that one without a problem and no need for CMS for AI anyway so...

Both units placed with Zeus and ALiVE die and stay dead :D

Though for now, you could try including the following in your init.sqf file:

CSE_ENABLE_REVIVE_F = 2; // Enable for. 0 = disabled, 1 = players only, 2 = players & AI
CSE_REVIVE_TIMER_F = 600; // Timer, in seconds
CSE_REVIVE_NUMBER_MAX_F = -1; // Hits while unconscious

That should be a workaround for the time being.

This works fine, tested in MP and against other players and ai. Works just fine as i like it.

Great work on the mod guys!

Really one of the best out there in terms of what it offers in realism.

However when I was playing some members of my group last night, we had the backblast function enabled and encountered quite a fun moment. Our AT steps outside the IFV we were driving, to take a shot at an enemy MRAP. He uses a PCML launcher and fires at the MRAP. Next thing we know our IFV is on fire and explodes due to the backblast :-) At the time of the incident it was quite funny, but it got me thinking, that maybe the backblast value is a bit to high? I mean fair enough you can get injured by backblast if you're standing too close, but setting an IFV on fire might be a bit too much, especially considering our AT was about 4 meters in front of us.

Second thing.

I like how you've started to implement IED's, I've missed that for ages in A3, or at least a system that worked better than custom scripting. Are you going to make it possible to disarm an IED by shooting at it? The test runs we've done so far, only let's us disarm IED's with a toolbox. We've tried firing almost every caliber at one without it going off. Then moving to explosives which produced the same result. Then using APC's, Tanks, etc.

Great work on the mod guys!

Really one of the best out there in terms of what it offers in realism.

However when I was playing some members of my group last night, we had the backblast function enabled and encountered quite a fun moment. Our AT steps outside the IFV we were driving, to take a shot at an enemy MRAP. He uses a PCML launcher and fires at the MRAP. Next thing we know our IFV is on fire and explodes due to the backblast :-) At the time of the incident it was quite funny, but it got me thinking, that maybe the backblast value is a bit to high? I mean fair enough you can get injured by backblast if you're standing too close, but setting an IFV on fire might be a bit too much, especially considering our AT was about 4 meters in front of us.

Backblast only works on units, not vehicles. If the IFV got damaged, it most likely got hit by something else.

Second thing.

I like how you've started to implement IED's, I've missed that for ages in A3, or at least a system that worked better than custom scripting. Are you going to make it possible to disarm an IED by shooting at it? The test runs we've done so far, only let's us disarm IED's with a toolbox. We've tried firing almost every caliber at one without it going off. Then moving to explosives which produced the same result. Then using APC's, Tanks, etc.

We are going to improve the IEDs and add an ability to disarm them in the future.

Backblast only works on units, not vehicles. If the IFV got damaged, it most likely got hit by something else.

Thank you for clearing that up, we were certain that it was the backblast, but having tested the same scenario right now, I can definately say, that it was not because of the backblast.

Looking forward to the IED improvements.

Thanks for sending us the hotfix version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Please, I need some help. I tried this with some friends and we had problems with CSE Medic System. When one of us was hit by some fire shots, we died but our bodies remained in the AO "alive" and unconscious while 'the player' spawned at the FOB.

For example,

My friend got shot, his body fell down and his head was still moving BUT he was respawned at FOB while this was happening.

I don't know if you can understand this madness that I'm trying to say xD

Can anyone help me with this issue?

This should be fixed by now. It appears when player die as as they die, by now its fixed. Just try the new hotfix version and the init lines.

I've been playing around with the medical modules the last few weeks and thought I'd share some feedback. These features are great but I've run into some issues. Obviously some of this has been posted before and I don't mean to offend as I'm a big fan of the mod. I'm sure a lot of this is still me getting my head around all the features.

It seems the personal aid kit usage feature is broken in some respects. Allowing it to be used everywhere, with or without bleeding, seems to make no difference and the only way to enable the use of aid kits in the field is by syncing the "is medical facility" module to a particular unit.

What I would say as well is the aid kits seem to make the rest of the awesome features in this module completely irrelevant. If you can do a full heal in the field, and let's say bleeding is on, you only need to carry some bandages and the aid kit to treat any wound, and even death in the case of the revive module being on.

Also currently it seems impossible to bring a casualty around who is for all intents and purposes "dead" via the revive module, aside from using the first aid kit, and again all other treatment you might have done is made redundant.

I'm just wondering is it possible to have the aid kits function slightly differently? Rather than having them as a full heal regardless of injuries, could they instead be the final step in the recovery of a casualty? That way you'd still have to treat the casualty correctly before using it to bring them around.

Edited by EddiePrice

We could neither get the Aid Kit: Everywhere to work. It works at a medical facility but not otherwise. I tried syncing medical facility module to the medic unit but that didn't work for me. :(

At 3am I finally did a quick and dirty fix to get our mission for tonights op working. What I did was to place a small object in the editor and sync medical facility module to that, then used AttachTo to attach that object to the medic and thereby have a medical facility with me at all times. :D

But we still have problems with people sometimes not waking up after a full heal, they're still in unconcious state. Will hopefully have more time to test this during the weekend and supply RPTs.

(I'm using the init lines).

Edited by Watarimono

How do we add the Weather Meter to inventory because it is not in the CSE medical or ration box?

Last night we encountered a strange, but surprisingly funny, little error. Our medic, whic has medic-class set via initline, was injured during a firefight. He was able to patch himself up, stop bleeding, get morphine etc. but his status still showed him as being injured. So we decide to get him back to base, since he forgot the Aid Kit. We get him back to base, he enters our designated medical facility and gets an Aid Kit. Strangely enough he's not able to use it on himself. He can use it on other people, just not himself. So I pick up an Aid Kit (not a medic btw) and I'm able to heal him. Only problem is my guy gets stuck in a kneeling animation which I can't get out of. That might not have something to do with CSE, but the main question is, why was our medic unable to use the Aid Kit on himself, when apparently everything else worked like it should?

Sorry about the delay in responses guys. Both Glowbal and myself have been a little busy with university and work related items.

We should have answers to the previous posts up soon.

I have a mission where two officers needs to be killed or captured, and I have triggers to detect those states:

!(alive officer1) OR ([officer1] call CSE_fnc_isArrested)

This works fine in editor preview but... crashed the dedicated linux server when the officer was shot. This has happened twice now in the same mission. Bug in CSE or am I just using it wrong?

Hey guys,

Just so you know, the CSE website is migrating servers, so the site may be down for a day or two.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

How do we add the Weather Meter to inventory because it is not in the CSE medical or ration box?

Hello thx for this great mod

CSE is not available when i recall a savegame (sp) do you know why ?

thx u

I've been extremely busy the past week(s), so appologies for any late replies.

this addmagazine "cse_weather_meter";

You can find all CSE classnames on our wiki.

I have a mission where two officers needs to be killed or captured, and I have triggers to detect those states:

!(alive officer1) OR ([officer1] call CSE_fnc_isArrested)

This works fine in editor preview but... crashed the dedicated linux server when the officer was shot. This has happened twice now in the same mission. Bug in CSE or am I just using it wrong?

I don't think it's CSE that is causing the crashing, at least not with that function.

Hello thx for this great mod

CSE is not available when i recall a savegame (sp) do you know why ?

thx u

It's possible the modules do not get initalized. I might take a look at it sometime soon.

I've been playing around with the medical modules the last few weeks and thought I'd share some feedback. These features are great but I've run into some issues. Obviously some of this has been posted before and I don't mean to offend as I'm a big fan of the mod. I'm sure a lot of this is still me getting my head around all the features.

It seems the personal aid kit usage feature is broken in some respects. Allowing it to be used everywhere, with or without bleeding, seems to make no difference and the only way to enable the use of aid kits in the field is by syncing the "is medical facility" module to a particular unit.

What I would say as well is the aid kits seem to make the rest of the awesome features in this module completely irrelevant. If you can do a full heal in the field, and let's say bleeding is on, you only need to carry some bandages and the aid kit to treat any wound, and even death in the case of the revive module being on.

Also currently it seems impossible to bring a casualty around who is for all intents and purposes "dead" via the revive module, aside from using the first aid kit, and again all other treatment you might have done is made redundant.

I'm just wondering is it possible to have the aid kits function slightly differently? Rather than having them as a full heal regardless of injuries, could they instead be the final step in the recovery of a casualty? That way you'd still have to treat the casualty correctly before using it to bring them around.

I will revisit the options for the personal aid kit, see what's up. Thanks for your post & feedback.

We could neither get the Aid Kit: Everywhere to work. It works at a medical facility but not otherwise. I tried syncing medical facility module to the medic unit but that didn't work for me. :(

At 3am I finally did a quick and dirty fix to get our mission for tonights op working. What I did was to place a small object in the editor and sync medical facility module to that, then used AttachTo to attach that object to the medic and thereby have a medical facility with me at all times. :D

But we still have problems with people sometimes not waking up after a full heal, they're still in unconcious state. Will hopefully have more time to test this during the weekend and supply RPTs.

(I'm using the init lines).

You can make a unit a medical facility using the code found on our wiki. The Module unfortunally does not work reliably with JIP.

--------

Our website, API, Forums and Wiki should all now be available again. We have received a couple of messages through our contact page as well, and those will be replied to soon. Our appologies for any inconvenience.

Also, work continues on version 0.5.0 of CSE and is taking a bit longer as expected. I hope to be able to release the next update within a week or 2 at most.

Hey glowbal,

I just noticed that CSE causes every extended fired eventhandler to trigger twice each shot.

Made me go insane while working on my Enhanced Soundscape today, haha! :D

It definitely is CSE since it works fine without it.

Example, after defining check as 0 in the init:

class Extended_Fired_Eventhandlers
{
   	class All
   	{
       	class L_ES_fired
       	{
           	fired = "check = check + 1";
       	};
   	};
};

Now, after firing _1_ shot, the returning value is 2.

When not using CSE, the returning value is 1, as expected.

thanks!

Hey glowbal,

I just noticed that CSE causes every extended fired eventhandler to trigger twice each shot.

Made me go insane while working on my Enhanced Soundscape today, haha! :D

It definitely is CSE since it works fine without it.

Example, after defining check as 0 in the init:

class Extended_Fired_Eventhandlers
{
   	class All
   	{
       	class L_ES_fired
       	{
           	fired = "check = check + 1";
       	};
   	};
};

Now, after firing _1_ shot, the returning value is 2.

When not using CSE, the returning value is 1, as expected.

thanks!

I think glowbal is working on a fix for that now.

The current editor modules work fine and all, but is there a way to start the modules via scripting? I'd like to create missions that support CSE but not necessarily depend on it. Something like this:

if (isClass (configFile >> "Combat_Space_Enhancement")) then {
   // Init CSE Logistics...
   // Init CSE Medical...
};

There is a way, however I think it might be a bit buggy. I will make certain it works for the 0.3 release, as well as provide a wiki article about it.

Is this option around yet? I tried to do it by executing the init scripts that each module addon has, and while many of them surprisingly work with only that, the medical system is missing some crucial event handlers.

Are the set medicClass modules working properly now?

We've been using the this setvariable ["cse_medicClass",1]; in the init of our medics, but when they respawn it seems like they lose their medicclass.

Are the set medicClass modules working properly now?

We've been using the this setvariable ["cse_medicClass",1]; in the init of our medics, but when they respawn it seems like they lose their medicclass.

I'm fairly sure that's an issue with the game not the mod. By default init lines are no longer present when a unit respawns so you have to use something like waitUntil {alive unitname} or a respawn event handler to achieve what you want.