glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

hi guys,

i got a problem with the full heal.

In MP it doesn't work, in SP with AI it does. Animations and bar are runnig, but the healing misses. Also the usage of the PersonalAidKit is not reported.

Is this a known issue or am i too stupid to make it running for multiplayer?

In 0.2.8 it does work.

Thanks a lot!

i-robat

Can anyone please expand on the Basic Revive module, as far as how it works and how to configure it. I placed the module on the map in the editor, then changed Enable For to PLAYERS ONLY, but when running the mission on the Dedicated Server, I just die and none of the other playable team mates have any type of option to revive. I just go straight to death, not unconscious.

I also have the Set Medical Facility sync'd to a cargo net, as shown in the tutorial, but when I am under the cargo net, I do not get healed at all.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please expand on the Basic Revive module, as far as how it works and how to configure it. I placed the module on the map in the editor, then changed Enable For to PLAYERS ONLY, but when running the mission on the Dedicated Server, I just die and none of the other playable team mates have any type of option to revive. I just go straight to death, not unconscious.

I also have the Set Medical Facility sync'd to a cargo net, as shown in the tutorial, but when I am under the cargo net, I do not get healed at all.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

As I mentioned earlier, its name is a bit deceptive atm. (will probably be changed later).

Its main purpose is to prevent a player from dieing (if its bugged or not is another question).

You still need to use the CSE medical to get the person back up. (like normal)

If your after a revive script (like most other revive scripts) which allows you to get the person back up rather simply, I am working on one of those atm and it should be in an update soonish.

As for the medical facility. It does not auto heal or anything.

The medical facility just allows the use of certain types of items, such as the personal aid kit for full heals.

Quick question. Is there a way to generate an injury on a unit without them actually being shot? I've been looking through your API and could only find cse_fnc_getSelectedBodyPart_CMS and cse_fnc_setUnconsciousState which would probably help for some injuries, but still not sure how to go about it exactly. Any help would be great, thanks.

hi there!

first let me say that i love your mod, especially the medic system :)

i tested the update with one guy from my community and there where two bugs i would like to report. it is of course possible that i just screwed up placing the modules, that's why i didnt post it in your feedback tracker yet.

1) if your arrest someone and use him as a "human shield" it's a little buggy. when the arrested person gets shot and dies, it's all good. you can move normally and the person is dead, or so it seems. when someone (even yourself) shots the body of the arrested, the person who was moving the arrested gets the impact effect (sounds and cam shake). if you the go and drag or carry the dead guy, he seems to wake up again, if you let go of him then, he still only lies on the ground. if then someone shots him again, he gets the wound textures and a dying animation (and the person who was moving him before still gets the impact effects).

2) i put the modules for the medic system and the revive module and placed and synced the facility module to a tent. we then had the problem that when i shot my buddy he instantly died always (instant death was disabled) but when he shot me i just went unconscious and he could heal me but he was not able to wake me up. i was actually fully healed, everything was fine according to the medical interface, there was just no way of waking me up. we tried inside and outside of that medical facility tent, same result. i am just not sure if that is a bug or if i did something wrong when making this test mission or if my buddy did something wrong (as i said, i could not test it myself as he died instantly everytime).

We also still have problems with people insta-dyingâ„¢ with the revive module placed.

Could one of the authors post an examplemisison with the correct modules and values set so we can se how it is suppoed to be configured? Doesn't need to be a full mission, just the modules placed in editor and saved.

Somehow the Medical System dosen`t works, we have all the modules in place with the correct parameters but we still die after 2 hits 6.5 Ammo, i would really like an Example Mission with all the Modules inplace.

Edit, a few hours later...

Does Blood and Plasma loose its functionality after 30 Minutes after it has been taken out of a Box or a vehicle`?

Edited by christian2526

Hey Glowbal. Love your work so far.

I think I found a bug, however. I was lying down, incapacitated after being shot up by some AI, using the medical module with instant death turned off, when, for the heck of it, I tried throwing a grenade at my would-be killers-- and it worked. A grenade flew out of my motionless body, and more followed as fast as I could press the button, to hilarious results. Anyone else have the same issue?

Yeah, Basic Revive is just that at the moment - very basic. You can gameplay it very easily. Right now I'm actually struggling to get basic revive/no instant death working as intended with any reliability but I'm sure it will come in due course.

Quick question. Is there a way to generate an injury on a unit without them actually being shot? I've been looking through your API and could only find cse_fnc_getSelectedBodyPart_CMS and cse_fnc_setUnconsciousState which would probably help for some injuries, but still not sure how to go about it exactly. Any help would be great, thanks.

The API is not fully complete at the moment. As for a command, glowbal may know. Will wait for him to reply :)

hi there!

first let me say that i love your mod, especially the medic system :)

i tested the update with one guy from my community and there where two bugs i would like to report. it is of course possible that i just screwed up placing the modules, that's why i didnt post it in your feedback tracker yet.

Hiya, If you think you have found a bug, could you post it on our tracker please? :)

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/issues

Somehow the Medical System dosen`t works, we have all the modules in place with the correct parameters but we still die after 2 hits 6.5 Ammo, i would really like an Example Mission with all the Modules inplace.

Edit, a few hours later...

Does Blood and Plasma loose its functionality after 30 Minutes after it has been taken out of a Box or a vehicle`?

From memory, blood and plasma have not been fully implemented just yet :)

Hey Glowbal. Love your work so far.

I think I found a bug, however. I was lying down, incapacitated after being shot up by some AI, using the medical module with instant death turned off, when, for the heck of it, I tried throwing a grenade at my would-be killers-- and it worked. A grenade flew out of my motionless body, and more followed as fast as I could press the button, to hilarious results. Anyone else have the same issue?

Could you check our bugtracker, and if it does not exist, add it. Thanks. :)

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/issues

Yeah, Basic Revive is just that at the moment - very basic. You can gameplay it very easily. Right now I'm actually struggling to get basic revive/no instant death working as intended with any reliability but I'm sure it will come in due course.

The revive module is more of an instant death module rather then an actual revive module. Unsure if any bugs present or not.

I'm working on an independent revive module for CSE.

Edited by kieran_s

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.3.1 ALPHA

This patch is aimed at adressing some of the issues introduced with the 0.3 release, more specifically the Basic Revive module, which is meant to be used in combination with CMS.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on facebook, forums or via our website

Changelog:

Changed: CMS Effects only display if unit is conscious

Fixed: Basic Revive not functioning correctly.

Fixed: Full Heal not functioning

great to get a hotfix, unfortunatly we still had the same problem i wrote before.

my buddy died instantly while i went unconscious. but now he could wake me up again in the tent. once it happend that i woke up and had no weapon and could not move. i was only able to turn around and move my head, nothing else.

we testet with me being the host, as the hotfix is not yet installed on our dedicated server. could that be the problem?

also we found another issue. you can kick players out of vehicles. the feature is actually meant to get wounded people out of vehicles, buyou can also force players out.

we testet with me being the host, as the hotfix is not yet installed on our dedicated server. could that be the problem?

Potentially.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Please, I need some help. I tried this with some friends and we had problems with CSE Medic System. When one of us was hit by some fire shots, we died but our bodies remained in the AO "alive" and unconscious while 'the player' spawned at the FOB.

For example,

My friend got shot, his body fell down and his head was still moving BUT he was respawned at FOB while this was happening.

I don't know if you can understand this madness that I'm trying to say xD

hi there,

one question about the biometric scanning. is somehow possible to predefine the attributes of a person in editor or via script?

hi there,

one question about the biometric scanning. is somehow possible to predefine the attributes of a person in editor or via script?

Yeah, you can do this to setup HVTs and what not in-game so you can scan them with the HIDES and get a hit on it if it's the right person.

This should work here: this setvariable ["cse_biometricScannerInfo",["Name", "DOB", "Known Info", "Additional one", "Additional two"]];

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.4.0 ALPHA

This update introduces two new modules: IEDs and Field Rations. Both of those are in early testing and might be unstable. The other part of this update is performance improvements and minor fixes.

Within the few weeks we will also be releasing some new video tutorials on the following subjects: IED Modules, Combat Medical System, Basic Revive Module & Advanced Interaction.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on facebook, forums or via our website

Changelog:

Fixed: Basic Revive would sometimes still break.

Changed: ALiVE category in menu only shows up if ALiVE has been loaded

Improved: Performance improvements for Eventhandler framework

Removed: instant dead setting for CMS. Use damage thresholds and basic Revive for future.

Changed: Disabled fall down when running while carrying a crate (Logistics)

Changed: Rewrite of handleFired Deflection. Now uses call instead of spawn.

Added: Field Rations Module (Prototype, might be unstable)

Added: Spawn IED Module.

This update introduces two new modules: IEDs and Field Rations

I don't know whether to be scared or excited about this! :ok:

CSE is now on a PARTIAL FEATURE FREEZE.

Due to the Make ArmA Not War competition closing in about 2 months, we are doing a partial feature freeze.

This means that we will not be adding any additional modules (with the exception of a revive module being developed), and no additional unplanned features will be added.

The next two months will be focused on bug-fixes, documentation, tutorials, and finalising features that are currently being worked on.

This freeze will be lifted either when the MANW competition closes, or if we manage to get through the bug-fixes ahead of time :)

We will keep you updated!

Please continue to submit any feature requests to our tracker.

We will look at adding new features and/or modules after the MANW competition closes on the 28th October 2014

So you are telling us, there will be further bug fixes but no new features for 2 months. Does the CMS System work correct now? No more Insta-Death?

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

So you are telling us, there will be further bug fixes but no new features for 2 months. Does the CMS System work correct now? No more Insta-Death?

CMS Worked all along, its more the usage of it that people struggle with, Its created to play the game in a realistic manner not so you can run around Jab your self with morphine and keep running.