glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

I think it's when its placed over water mate - something which is fixed in version 0.2.6, we before this we couldn't even open our medical menu's on the Nimitz!

I think it's when its placed over water mate - something which is fixed in version 0.2.6, we before this we couldn't even open our medical menu's on the Nimitz!

Hmm... When we tested this both of us were able to use the "Full Heal" option while flying over the water in the helicopter if I recall correctly.

Being in a helicopter/vehicle probably changes the situation, at least in the release version (0.2.5), it was unusable if you were 'over' water, such as standing on a raised platform or on the Nimitz. Fixed in 0.2.6.

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.2.8 ALPHA

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on facebook, forums or via our website

Changelog:

Fixed: Bug #74823: BackBlast damage not showing on model

Fixed: Bug #74846: Enough damage can revive unconscious patients and make them invincible

Fixed: Bug #74849: can not modify keybinds in CSE

Fixed: Bug #74860: Unit is lying when someone is carrying him

Fixed: Bug #74862: Blufor Tracking in Tablet

Fixed: Bug #74863: AI Taking extreme amounts of bullets without dying.

Fixed: Bug #74873: CSE Medic System does not Override ArmA Vanilla Medic System

Fixed: Bug #74876: Shooting AI causes them to briefly stand up

Fixed: Bug #74877: AI appear alive when they're actually dead

Fixed: Bug #74879: Typo in QuikClot field dressings (Option button)

Fixed: Bug #74897: TFR Revived - Cannot be heard

Fixed: Disabled allow instant death made units invincible.

I Don't think "Bug #74863: AI Taking extreme amounts of bullets without dying." is fixed. I've done testing in a Alive mission where some enemy's take up too 9 7.62 Rounds without dying. will do more test before sending in a bug report.

"Fixed: Bug #74873: CSE Medic System does not Override ArmA Vanilla Medic System"

Does this mean it wont effect AI, or at least AI can continue to heal themselves? Thanks a ton for the update, guys

"Fixed: Bug #74873: CSE Medic System does not Override ArmA Vanilla Medic System"

Does this mean it wont effect AI, or at least AI can continue to heal themselves? Thanks a ton for the update, guys

Short answer: Yes. More details: Unfortunately it's not possible to fully overwrite the healing behaviour (basically the default engine healing will continue to exist wiki). What AI can do, however, is heal themselves. (Ensure CSE_ALLOW_AI_FULL_HEAL_CMS = true; is set in your mission if you want to be certain about it. Will make it into an argument for the module in a future update). Unfortunately this is the best I could do, until the issue on BI's side has been resolved, and it sort of works. It just means that the blood on model will disappear after the healing action.

I Don't think "Bug #74863: AI Taking extreme amounts of bullets without dying." is fixed. I've done testing in a Alive mission where some enemy's take up too 9 7.62 Rounds without dying. will do more test before sending in a bug report.

Yes please. I have tried it myself using vanilla, and AI took at most 3 hits at ~500m distance, before they went down. This was using that 6. something round from Vanilla, if I recall correctly. From up close, it can be instant or multiple shots, depending on whatever or not I hit the body armour.

Any data that you can provide will be useful. If the issue is still around, I will try and do another update to fix this asap (this weekend or early next week, depending on your report).

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Okay Glowbal. ill do a test with every gun in the game. and ill try a mission from 2.7 and ill make a new one with 2.8 and see if that makes a change. ill put the data up asap

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

I've don't testing on it. and i believe the issue lies in Enemy AI that is spawned by Alive or other mods of the sort.

My full report can be read on my Dev heaven bug report. : http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74902

Short answer: Yes. More details: Unfortunately it's not possible to fully overwrite the healing behaviour (basically the default engine healing will continue to exist wiki). What AI can do, however, is heal themselves. (Ensure CSE_ALLOW_AI_FULL_HEAL_CMS = true; is set in your mission if you want to be certain about it. Will make it into an argument for the module in a future update). Unfortunately this is the best I could do, until the issue on BI's side has been resolved, and it sort of works. It just means that the blood on model will disappear after the healing action.

Is there a way to completely prevent the AI from using CSE's medical system in the first place? I'm seeing some pretty bad FPS drop when players shoot at a crowd of AI and they start taking damage.

Is there a way to completely prevent the AI from using CSE's medical system in the first place? I'm seeing some pretty bad FPS drop when players shoot at a crowd of AI and they start taking damage.

Not yet but it will be in 0.3. (feature)

Just trying to figure out: does this mod change/modify the same things as AGM does and thus conflict? Would you guys consider this mod as like an "ACE" for Arma 3?

Lots of good fixes in the new version. Thanks!

One thing I noticed. I shoot an opfor dead (very very dead) and drag him. After I drop him he is unconscious. As in, he moves around like he is unconscious. Blood also disappears. I also get a message saying "Alpha 2-2: 1 - Cease Fire". Be there is just me, blufor and him, opfor...

I tried to log it in bug tracker but it wont' let me change my password so I can't get on.

It is taking a lot less hits to take them down now most of the time. I had one pirate that took at least six shots to go down but the rest took one or two. One of them must have been rambo!

I might be wrong, but it seems like the instant death and arresting players are still there, regardless of what you set in the module. Does the module have to be synced?

Just trying to figure out: does this mod change/modify the same things as AGM does and thus conflict? Would you guys consider this mod as like an "ACE" for Arma 3?

I have not had a look at AGM (I really should, at least so I know what people are talking about haha), so I can't really give an answer about the conflict thing...

but conflicting code is always a possibility.

We are not trying to recreate ACE or make an ACE replacement :)

We are just making a series of modules in an effort to increase the immersion and playability of ArmA.

There will be similarities however, as both our mod, ACE, and others are all doing some similar things.

One thing I noticed. I shoot an opfor dead (very very dead) and drag him. After I drop him he is unconscious. As in, he moves around like he is unconscious. Blood also disappears. I also get a message saying "Alpha 2-2: 1 - Cease Fire". Be there is just me, blufor and him, opfor...

I tried to log it in bug tracker but it wont' let me change my password so I can't get on.

It is taking a lot less hits to take them down now most of the time. I had one pirate that took at least six shots to go down but the rest took one or two. One of them must have been rambo!

If you are able to recreate that drag issue, can you see if your able to get a video of it? If not, all good.

If you can't get onto devhev, can you throw me a PM here with the details, and I will transfer it over for you.

I might be wrong, but it seems like the instant death and arresting players are still there, regardless of what you set in the module. Does the module have to be synced?

We have had reports that the instant death was not fully fixed in 0.2.8. (see here)

As for the arresting players thing, in the 0.2.* range of versions, AIM (as stated here) is currently not stable.

We will be releasing the 'official' (i.e. stable[r]) version of AIM with the 0.3.0 release.

I have not had a look at AGM (I really should, at least so I know what people are talking about haha), so I can't really give an answer about the conflict thing...

but conflicting code is always a possibility.

We are not trying to recreate ACE or make an ACE replacement :)

We are just making a series of modules in an effort to increase the immersion and playability of ArmA.

There will be similarities however, as both our mod, ACE, and others are all doing some similar things.

I can see that both mods complementing each other quite nicely to enhance the Arma 3 experience - apart from new medical systems which both mods implement in which case either or will have to be used in-game. AGM additions like backblast, wind deflection, weapon resting, FCS for vehicles, jumping, map tools and adjustable NVGs makes the game more realistic and immersive while CSE adds another layer to that with enhanced logistics, command and control, enhanced interaction with the world and people, new gadgets and gizmo's (Trackers, tablets etc) + what looks like a superior medical system (not sure as Im not a medic and havent tried both medical systems). So both mods really have the potential to gel together nicely and make one heck of an immersive experience out of A3. :):thumbsup:

So does this mean that with Instant Death disabled the AI still rise from the dead? :( Ah well, haven't been using it anyway! Got a major MP mission on Monday with the latest version, any bugs we encounter we'll let you guys know asap.

I can see that both mods complementing each other quite nicely to enhance the Arma 3 experience - apart from new medical systems which both mods implement in which case either or will have to be used in-game. AGM additions like backblast, wind deflection, weapon resting, FCS for vehicles, jumping, map tools and adjustable NVGs makes the game more realistic and immersive while CSE adds another layer to that with enhanced logistics, command and control, enhanced interaction with the world and people, new gadgets and gizmo's (Trackers, tablets etc) + what looks like a superior medical system (not sure as Im not a medic and havent tried both medical systems). So both mods really have the potential to gel together nicely and make one heck of an immersive experience out of A3. :):thumbsup:

We are aiming to (eventually) make our medical system attempt to replicate real pre-hospital or combat medicine as best as we (and the ArmA engine) can. We will also have two lesser settings for those who don't want the whole deal.

And yea, since we make our mod modular, you can enable only what you want to use, so you can use it with other mods if you so desire (provided they cooperate together!)

So does this mean that with Instant Death disabled the AI still rise from the dead? :( Ah well, haven't been using it anyway! Got a major MP mission on Monday with the latest version, any bugs we encounter we'll let you guys know asap.

Not 100% sure. Its one of those slightly elusive bugs. We are trying to figure out a fix.

I believe its at least partially related to the default ArmA medical system, which does not want to go away quietly :P

Not 100% sure. Its one of those slightly elusive bugs. We are trying to figure out a fix.

I believe its at least partially related to the default ArmA medical system, which does not want to go away quietly :P

Playing as Zeus with about 16 players total on dedicated, I found that when the AI went down while I was using remote control on them, the option to use the vanilla first aid came up. Doing so made the AI pop back up immediately. Seems as though that might be the cause of the problem since there's always this little bit of lag between when the AI go unconcious and when they suddenly appear standing again.

Hope that helps.:)

Thanks for this. It really helps with ironing out this mod. :)