glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

I know about top right toggle callsigns. thing is, it was still hit and miss in MP if it would work or not it worked 1 time out of 5 tests.

I will get around to signing up on the bug tracker at some point.

EDIT : added all to tracker :P

Thanks. The callsigns issue has a work around;

this setvariable ["cse_bft_info_cc",[TYPE,CALLSIGN,true,false]];

Allowed types:

"Infantry"

"Motorized"

"Plane"

"Helicopter"

"Armor"

"Naval"

"HQ"

"Medical"

"Maintanance"

"Artillery"

"Mortar"

"Service"

"Recon"

"Mechanized"

"uav"

"Installation"

CALLSIGN is just a simple string, whatever you would like the call sign to be. This work around should work fine.

I will try and come up with a fix for this asap.

Is not being able to stop CPR intended?

No, you should be able to cancel it by reactivating the menu

EDIT: Rebel, it's a known bug. Fix on its way! Thanks.

Edited by Rye

Great work guys, absolutely loving everything about it. Once some of the smaller issues are hashed out this modification will be a must-have if it isn't already. Keep it up!

I have some questions about the combat medical system:

1. I mostly play singleplayer (I get terrible frames in multi) and I have been using this on the AI but it's hard to tell if it's working properly. I have patched up some team mates with seemingly no issues and other times they will either be wounded with no damaged areas in CMS or they will be wounded and standing and fighting and once I do any kind of treatment they will fall on the ground and start writhing around and then usually die.

2. If a person is dead (as in you get a KIA notification) are they unrevivable at that point? I have had teammates that are "dead" but are still moving and have no pulse and are unresponsive and I was actually able to revive that guy with CPR and then he got up and walked away.

3. Is airway management not functioning yet? I have NPA and OPA's in my inventory but can't use them, also personal aid kits can't be used either (do I have to be at a medical facility for that?)

4. Arma 2 had modules where you can disable or enable the vanilla medical system. I can't seem to find that in arma 3. Is it always on? I'm just wondering if it's conflicting or just broken somehow because wounding is very inconsistent even in the vanilla game people either die right away or are wounded until they die but they never get incapacitated (though they sometimes do with CMS)

Also does anyone know any smaller public servers that run this? I would like to try this online so I can experience it fully

I have some questions about the combat medical system:

1. I mostly play singleplayer (I get terrible frames in multi) and I have been using this on the AI but it's hard to tell if it's working properly. I have patched up some team mates with seemingly no issues and other times they will either be wounded with no damaged areas in CMS or they will be wounded and standing and fighting and once I do any kind of treatment they will fall on the ground and start writhing around and then usually die.

2. If a person is dead (as in you get a KIA notification) are they unrevivable at that point? I have had teammates that are "dead" but are still moving and have no pulse and are unresponsive and I was actually able to revive that guy with CPR and then he got up and walked away.

3. Is airway management not functioning yet? I have NPA and OPA's in my inventory but can't use them, also personal aid kits can't be used either (do I have to be at a medical facility for that?)

4. Arma 2 had modules where you can disable or enable the vanilla medical system. I can't seem to find that in arma 3. Is it always on? I'm just wondering if it's conflicting or just broken somehow because wounding is very inconsistent even in the vanilla game people either die right away or are wounded until they die but they never get incapacitated (though they sometimes do with CMS)

Also does anyone know any smaller public servers that run this? I would like to try this online so I can experience it fully

1. It works in SP, but the AI will not properly treat each other. I am looking into this and already got some possible solutions.

2. They should be, yes.

3. I am afraid airway and fractures both are not working yet.

4. I am still trying to figure out how to disable the A3 default medical system, optional.

--------------

We had quite a few people ask for support with enabling features from CSE, so we created a quick video about it. It covers CMS, CC and a few of the smaller modules. The concept for all of those is the same.

We also wrote a short wiki article about this.

Thanks! A couple more questions:

1. Is treatment time supposed to be variable or is that a bug? Sometimes when I am treating someone the bar will fill up in a few seconds and other times it will take quite a while for the same treatment.

2. Is there a "point of no return" in regards to resuscitation other than them being completely dead? What determines the chance of success assuming all steps are followed?

3: are there plans to add more signs and symptoms such as flail chest or unilateral decreased breath sounds indicating a pneumothorax and things like color/temp of skin for shock status?

We had quite a few people ask for support with enabling features from CSE, so we created a quick video about it. It covers CMS, CC and a few of the smaller modules. The concept for all of those is the same.

The best part about that video, glowbal voices it :P

Thanks! A couple more questions:

1. Is treatment time supposed to be variable or is that a bug? Sometimes when I am treating someone the bar will fill up in a few seconds and other times it will take quite a while for the same treatment.

2. Is there a "point of no return" in regards to resuscitation other than them being completely dead? What determines the chance of success assuming all steps are followed?

3: are there plans to add more signs and symptoms such as flail chest or unilateral decreased breath sounds indicating a pneumothorax and things like color/temp of skin for shock status?

1. I believe it changes based on the treatment, some things would be quicker then others

2. will let glowbal answer that :P ... although I think with CPR there is about a 20% chance of getting them back or something?

3. our 'advanced' setting for the medical system is still way underdeveloped. we have plans for all sorts of fun things :P

2. will let glowbal answer that :P ... although I think with CPR there is about a 20% chance of getting them back or something?

Yes, 20%. A lot better than real-life for game purposes. Make use of it!!! :D

3. our 'advanced' setting for the medical system is still way underdeveloped. we have plans for all sorts of fun things :P

We plan for similar things mentioned. There will be more physical and measurable signs, eventually...

Combat Space Enhancement Updated

Version 0.2.7 ALPHA

Second patch this week, however we have some more bugs resolved, while we continue working on version 0.3.

Download

You can download CSE here: csemod.com (Direct link: Download)

If there are any issues with downloading CSE, please contact us on facebook, forums or via our website

Changelog:

Fixed: Bug #74770: Unit is bleeding after ramming other car as a driver in vehicle

Fixed: Bug #74815: Unable to drag or carry when holding pistol.

Fixed: Bug #74821: No option to provide CPR

Fixed: Bug #74822: Callsigns don't not always work in MP environment

Fixed: Bug #74826: Vehicles loose the Medical facility when they respawn.

Fixed: Bug #74829: Arma3 FirstAidKit and MedicalKit

Fixed: Bug #74832: Unable to carry/drag dead player.

Fixed: Bug #74833: Unable to manually stop giving CPR.

Fixed: Bug #74834: Dragging AI "revives" them

Fixed: Bug #74835: NVG brightness setting is not adhered to when inside vehicles

Fixed: Bug #74836: keybinding special keys

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

How come that i wrote feedback and stuff into the forum and now my comments are nowhere to be found?

Haven't seen it on/posted it to the bug tracker but when an unconscious players uses the Zeus/Curator interface and remote controls another unit it messes with the unconscious state of their original unit, allowing them to get up and run around and what not.

Curious also: do you guys have any recommendations on what/how much medical equipment something like an average platoon level medic should carry?

Edited by Fadi

How come that i wrote feedback and stuff into the forum and now my comments are nowhere to be found?

due to spambot countermeasures, new users (less then 3 posts) require moderator approval before their posts appear on the CSE forums.

If your post still has not appeared, throw me a PM and I can look into it.

Haven't seen it on/posted it to the bug tracker but when an unconscious players uses the Zeus/Curator interface and remote controls another unit it messes with the unconscious state of their original unit, allowing them to get up and run around and what not.

Can you submit a bug report on our tracker please? :) ( https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse )

1. I believe it changes based on the treatment, some things would be quicker then others

I'm not sure. I think something isn't working correctly. My last game the bar was moving at a snails pace even for checking the pulse on someone and other times it's done in maybe a second or two. Other things are the same way, bandaging can either take like 30+ seconds or less than 5 for the same type of wound and dressing type. Would framerate or a slow CPU affect this?

edit: i timed taking a pulse on a dead soldier. it took around 1m10s to finish, the first attempt was even slower than that but I didn't time that one. Injury simulation was set on recruit but it has done it on the highest setting too.

Edited by ghostnineone

If anyone is interested, I have written up a Guide to CSE that documents how to configure it, the medical menu, the items and their uses, the injuries and procedures and any bugs/things to note.

http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2672

I obviously take no credit for any of this awesome mod, I merely wanted to show people how things work.

If anyone is interested, I have written up a Guide to CSE that documents how to configure it, the medical menu, the items and their uses, the injuries and procedures and any bugs/things to note.

I obviously take no credit for any of this awesome mod, I merely wanted to show people how things work.

Very good Raptor!

I'm not sure. I think something isn't working correctly. My last game the bar was moving at a snails pace even for checking the pulse on someone and other times it's done in maybe a second or two. Other things are the same way, bandaging can either take like 30+ seconds or less than 5 for the same type of wound and dressing type. Would framerate or a slow CPU affect this?

edit: i timed taking a pulse on a dead soldier. it took around 1m10s to finish, the first attempt was even slower than that but I didn't time that one. Injury simulation was set on recruit but it has done it on the highest setting too.

Hmm, this seems a bit unusual... Could you get a video of the different timings for the same action, or the extended time for an action, and post a bug report on our tracker (and link the video)? :)

Cool, good work :)

uh... interesting... examples for the activity log and quick view though :P

But yea, looks good, and most of it seems to be pretty accurate.

Have added a reference to it here

Yes. And the response can be affected by high ping. I will see if I can improve this.

Hi Glowbal!

I here send you the StringTables of the Medical System for CSE with the add of Spanish ones.

Hope you can add them in a future version of the mod.

http://pastebin.com/VaRTnuKb

Thanks for all!

Cool, good work :)

uh... interesting... examples for the activity log and quick view though :P

But yea, looks good, and most of it seems to be pretty accurate.

Have added a reference to it here

Haha yea inside joke :p

By "pretty" accurate does that mean some stuff is wrong? Cheers for the reference! By the way you spelt "Brigade" as "Brigage" ;)

Keep it up, mod is amazing.

Hi Glowbal!

I here send you the StringTables of the Medical System for CSE with the add of Spanish ones.

Hope you can add them in a future version of the mod.

http://pastebin.com/VaRTnuKb

Thanks for all!

Thank you! Much appreciated.