glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement 0.2

Fixed alot of the issues i had with this update, thank you guys for efforts and making a awesome mod

Could someone do a short tutorial in text or video on how to bring back a unconscious player? We still can't do it with 0.2.6

Same issues as Watarimono for us.

If they go unconscious, the only thing that can get them up is a Full Heal Kit thing at the designated medic building/vehicle. Im assuming that giving them Epi's should get them up? Because CPR isnt available when they are unconscious, only when they are properly dead.

Saying that, we altered the respawn timer to allow medics the chance to CPR a dead person once before they respawned, and it failed 4/4 times. Is it based on a percentage success rate or something?

Still, cant play without this mod now tbh so good job :)

Hello the MOD looks cool.

I was wondering about the modular system you have in place where you state "These game-play features all come in modular form".

I see only one key for the server.

Does this mean if we chose to not use certain modules people would still be able to join our server with those modules on ?

If so would it be possible to release keys for each module? So we could limit our server to only the modules we wished used.

Yours

BL1P

Hello the MOD looks cool.

I was wondering about the modular system you have in place where you state "These game-play features all come in modular form".

I see only one key for the server.

Does this mean if we chose to not use certain modules people would still be able to join our server with those modules on ?

If so would it be possible to release keys for each module? So we could limit our server to only the modules we wished used.

Yours

BL1P

By modular form, they mean you can place modules in the editor when creating a mission to pick/choose which aspects of CSE you want to enable for that mission. You don't need to add/remove addons to enable/disable modules.

By modular form, they mean you can place modules in the editor when creating a mission to pick/choose which aspects of CSE you want to enable for that mission. You don't need to add/remove addons to enable/disable modules.

Pretty much what horner said.

Our modules are executed in-mission, so basically only the modules that the map-maker places will be active.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Glowbal) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Has anyone figured out how to revive an unconscious team member in the field?

"Same issues as Watarimono for us. If they go unconscious, the only thing that can get them up is a Full Heal Kit thing at the designated medic building/vehicle. Im assuming that giving them Epi's should get them up? Because CPR isnt available when they are unconscious, only when they are properly dead."

"Could someone do a short tutorial in text or video on how to bring back a unconscious player? We still can't do it with 0.2.6"

Has anyone figured out how to revive an unconscious team member in the field?

"Same issues as Watarimono for us. If they go unconscious, the only thing that can get them up is a Full Heal Kit thing at the designated medic building/vehicle. Im assuming that giving them Epi's should get them up? Because CPR isnt available when they are unconscious, only when they are properly dead."

"Could someone do a short tutorial in text or video on how to bring back a unconscious player? We still can't do it with 0.2.6"

A very quick list:

- When shot; Check pulse and BP. Use tourniquet, bandage and stop all bleeding. Provide an IV. Check pulse and BP again. If near or above normal levels and patient has pain, consider providing morphine (1x). Not always necessary though. Don't forget to remove the tourniquet after some time, or it will start to hurt the patient.

- When unconscious; ensure pulse and BP are still present. If the unit has been shot, first thing to do is again stopping all bleeding, followed by providing at least 1000ml of an IV, usually Saline. If there is an heart rate but very weak, consider applying epinephrine, though usually unconscious with a heart rate means blood loss or heavy pain. So morphine could also work, but only IF the patient has a decent heart rate.

- when unconscious but no pulse; CPR might sometimes do the trick. Do not apply more as one epinephrine. It might help with CPR, but only a little bit. It does not wake up your patient! Only other thing left to do, is rush the patient to the medical facility and patch up there, using a personal aid kit. You can continue giving CPR while in the casevac vehicle.

Note: This is for the current version and is not 100% complete. We will try and put some more information (a proper one) on how to treat casualties on our wiki.

Note2: Not everyone can be saved.

Excellent work gentlemen!

This is a "Must Have" mod for optimal MilSim experience!

I can't see myself playing without it from now on!

One question: Would it be possible at some point to have each feature as separate mini-mods? With module-activate features, it is not possible to actually use these features on user-made missions as it needs to be hand-placed on the editor.

Thanks and keep up your excelentawesome (yup, that's a single word) work! :)

Really nice work!,

Can you make the CAC module items movable on screen?

That would be neat! :)

I believe it's doable because they do it in the Commander's Tablet mod.

Hey great mod thanks alot, just a quick one though and I don't know if this is a bug with CSE or a conflict but if I have set a keybind for the interaction menus I am finding that it will reset itself.

A very quick list:

- When shot; Check pulse and BP. Use tourniquet, bandage and stop all bleeding. Provide an IV. Check pulse and BP again. If near or above normal levels and patient has pain, consider providing morphine (1x). Not always necessary though. Don't forget to remove the tourniquet after some time, or it will start to hurt the patient.

- When unconscious; ensure pulse and BP are still present. If the unit has been shot, first thing to do is again stopping all bleeding, followed by providing at least 1000ml of an IV, usually Saline. If there is an heart rate but very weak, consider applying epinephrine, though usually unconscious with a heart rate means blood loss or heavy pain. So morphine could also work, but only IF the patient has a decent heart rate.

- when unconscious but no pulse; CPR might sometimes do the trick. Do not apply more as one epinephrine. It might help with CPR, but only a little bit. It does not wake up your patient! Only other thing left to do, is rush the patient to the medical facility and patch up there, using a personal aid kit. You can continue giving CPR while in the casevac vehicle.

Note: This is for the current version and is not 100% complete. We will try and put some more information (a proper one) on how to treat casualties on our wiki.

Note2: Not everyone can be saved.

Some feedback for you guys :)

When patients are unconscious, they can still move around, spinning wildly on the floor :p

Edited by RaptorInMotion

Not sure if this has been reported, and I couldnt create an account on the Dev tracking website, but when you place a marker down with a PDA or a Tablet with Command and Control, the marker does not come up on the regular map.

Hello again :)

I have some bug reports and/or Questions.

If its ok with you Im gona ask them here because Im too lazy to sign up for the bug tracker.

1. Is it normal that the only difference between a normal soldier and a medic is that the medic gets more textual information when using the medical module ?

2. When using the Command Module with the tablet MP players dont always have a Callsign even when using the add callsign module synced to the players in editor.

3. When using the backblast module a player took massive damage from the backblast of his own rocket in a building but his model had no damage effects (blood and slow walk) only the scripted damage for the medical module in the GUI.

4. When adding the tablet to the VAS ammo box it gives a cfgWeapons error. (the first tablet CC_m_tablet i think its called)

5. When using the medical module - with no instant death set and all other options as default - A player was hit in chest for a test - while unconscious with no pulse the players body went into ragdoll death animation(as he was hit) - When medic then attempted to carry the uncon player the players model was duplicated. when this duplication was released (droped) and the medic did carry on the still uncon player model it duplicated again. All duplications where using unconscious idle anims and could be killed.

6. When a vehicle is synched to the Medical Facility module and it respawns the vehicle looses the Medical Facility option.

7. Is it intentional that BI firstAidkit and MedicalKit and Medical Vehicle Heal override the CSE medical system ?

8. When you only have 1 Personal First Aid in your inventory it does not get removed when used. If you have 2 or more when used 1 gets removed until you only have 1 in inventory which then seems infinite. (if your medic or not).

9. When being carried then dropped. When you are dropped you sometimes get stuck in an animation whereby your legs are static on the ground but your torso can move.

Sorry if any of these question or reports are stupid and or my mistakes.

P.S really liked the mod looking forward to it coming out of alpha.

Awesome mod so far guys! I noticed the medical portion of the mod will also effect enemy AI. Is there a way to turn this off for enemy AI?

Is there a way to load a arrested prisoner into a vehicle ? . If not it would be handy , dont want to have to drag his ass back to base on foot.

Edit: Apparently i missed that you can load prisoners as casualties into vehicles

Edited by soldierman

Hello again :)

If its ok with you Im gona ask them here because Im too lazy to sign up for the bug tracker.

LIST

Sorry if any of these question or reports are stupid and or my mistakes.

P.S really liked the mod looking forward to it coming out of alpha.

Hi, it is much more efficient if you post up your bug reports on our tracker. It helps me a great deal if I only have to look at once place for all reported issues.

I will answer some of your questions though;

1. Currently that is largely the only difference. There will be more implemented in the future, such as change of success for CPR, for example

2. Top right, hit the three lines icon to open the side bar. Press toggle call signs.

Is there a way to load a arrested prisoner into a vehicle ? . If not it would be handy , dont want to have to drag his ass back to base on foot.

Edit: Apparently i missed that you can load prisoners as casualties into vehicles

AIM is as stated on our website, currently unstable and lacking. Almost every feature it has is incomplete and might be buggy. For my own community, I advise people to not use it until I get around to updating it (which will be in 0.3). I believe there is some way to load prisoners into vehicles, but I do recall having to fix a large amount of bugs in that one quite recently, when I started on implementing AIM properly.

Not sure if this has been reported, and I couldnt create an account on the Dev tracking website, but when you place a marker down with a PDA or a Tablet with Command and Control, the marker does not come up on the regular map.

This is intentional behaviour.

------

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. It is really appreciated and we hope to be able to use it to improve CSE. I am working on some of the still lacking features from this release currently as well as implementing some feature requests, which hopefully will be done before the end of next month (no promise!)

Awesome mod so far guys! I noticed the medical portion of the mod will also effect enemy AI. Is there a way to turn this off for enemy AI?

Currently, no.

Added feature request: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74820

Hey great mod thanks alot, just a quick one though and I don't know if this is a bug with CSE or a conflict but if I have set a keybind for the interaction menus I am finding that it will reset itself.

I think one of our testers was having that issue. Can't remember if it got fixed or not. Either way, we know about it (or at least know OF it).

When patients are unconscious, they can still move around, spinning wildly on the floor :p

Known bug :) - https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74786

As glowbal said, if you could post em on the tracker, that would be awesome.

It means that we can assign them info such as target version etc, and have them appear in our roadmap and a few other things.

If we try to take reports from too many locations, starts to end up in a paperwork nightmare with keeping track of everything :)

2. Top right, hit the three lines icon to open the side bar. Press toggle call signs.

I know about top right toggle callsigns. thing is, it was still hit and miss in MP if it would work or not it worked 1 time out of 5 tests.

I will get around to signing up on the bug tracker at some point.

EDIT : added all to tracker :P

Edited by BL1P
Why oh why do you always want there to be a reason BI forums ?