Sign in to follow this  
Holden93

What's a good IDE for Arma?

I tried notepad++ and Arma Edit but I didn't like them, tried Squint as well and I like it because of intellisense but it has a few annoying problems, could you recommend me some?

• Like 1

Poseidon is another, I've only used it a couple of times but it seems pretty decent.

I'm using Eclipse with the ArmaDev plugin. It's a bit outdated though.

I'm using Eclipse because I'm used to it and there is also a git plugin for it...

Well, this Armadev plugin for Eclipse looks interessting! :eek:

Poseidon is another, I've only used it a couple of times but it seems pretty decent.

Poseidon is great. Quick access to everything (Arma Logs, TexViewer and a lot more).

Its frequently updated / upgraded and made by an ARMA Dev.

Also its based on SublimeTex, which is also highly recomended.

I tried eclipse and I liked it but as some said it's a bit outdated, tried Poseidon and it's amazing, thanks a lot!

I use Notepad++ with a custom SQF highlighting/autocompletion language. Being able to customize pop-up hints to remind you of function parameters without stopping is very useful. It also has good code folding for custom languages, comment/line operation hotkeys, and decent, easy-to-use macros.

You could try Sublime Text 3. It has an SQF plug-in with code snippets etc. if you dig around a little. They claim that you need to buy it, but you can actually use it for free forever. I personally didn't like it, as it is easier to control the SQF language with Notepad++.

I have to aggree with bhaz and swissMAG.

I was using Eclipse + ArmaDev for a long time but Poseidon with the TortoiseSVN integration fits my needs perfectly and is even easier to use.

Heck it even has the FSM editor and other BI tools integrated...

Notepad++ or Posideon are great, I even use Windows XP notepad at work for scripting bits and bobs and email it home.

If I'm dealing with really massive data (like huge arrays 50Mb or bigger) then I use Vim. It looks like shit but can eat up large amounts of data where others crap out and crash well before. That's pretty rare though.

I use exlipse or Poseidon (based on sublime). and for small edits notepad ++.

Eclipse is powerfull if u configure it for your needs