Sign in to follow this  
chortles

Chortles' LHD for Arma 3

XqKaLJ6l.jpg

What a way to start the weekend off: with the USS Khe Sanh (LHD 9)!

This mod is essentially meant as a no-frills, no-other-mods-required successor to Myke's old Arma 2 mod which allowed the Arma 2 LHD to be spawned in the Editor instead of being just part of the Utes terrain, combining that with a port of the Arma 2 LHD's components and some incorporating changes of my own (i.e. utilizing certain Arma 3 files instead of Arma 2 files, renaming some named selections and animations in English, etc.).

CREDIT:

Bohemia Interactive: Provided the sources (i.e. models, material files, configs, textures) with which the LHD is built.

ArMaTeC: Provided the script central to this mod and to Myke's.

Myke: Inspired and produced the basis for this mod.

Chortles: Myself.

LICENSE:

This mod is released under the Arma Public License - Share Alike (APL-SA). As such, others are permitted to adapt, build upon, fork, or otherwise derive from this mod for noncommercial purposes within the Arma computer game series, but are to give credit where due for the mod('s) content (i.e. as per the Credits above), and such releases are to be under the same license as this.

CHANGELOG:

v1.0 : 11 July 2014: Initial release.

DOWNLOAD:

v1.0

yay!

Thanks for doing this buddy - must appreciated.

Im guessing a working well deck will be planned for the future? :)

Note for users:

Deck height is 16.

The hangar below the flight deck is 9.

Haven't mapped them out though so trial and error is the working method for placing units.

HUGE thanks Chortles!!!!!!

the assets like this, needs to assembly in a unique mod called "indispensable arma" or something like that

Someone would need to remove the aft door and then build an entire well deck from scratch and likely link it with the already existing hangar that's beneath the flight deck to establish some type of usability, not to mention the geo lods or whatever else there is that I know nothing about and how the size/length limits to the physics engine will stack up where multiple pieces of this ship are concerned. I'm going to use the samples of this to start trying.. Wish me luck..

Someone would need to remove the aft door and then build an entire well deck from scratch and likely link it with the already existing hangar that's beneath the flight deck to establish some type of usability, not to mention the geo lods or whatever else there is that I know nothing about and how the size/length limits to the physics engine will stack up where multiple pieces of this ship are concerned. I'm going to use the samples of this to start trying.. Wish me luck..

Sounds like a mission. Well good luck and if you accomplish this task, you will go down as one of the ArmA greats. I'm pretty sure there were some LHD's in Arma 2 that had working well doors, so maybe having a look at them would prove useful. Again good luck.

Hey CHortles, you should add that your port of BIS F/A-35 now have a proper carrier to take off and land ;) Hope to see your Harrier port on it soon =D

I wonder if could be possible to adapt the Nimitz scripts to it, to simulate smaller (smaller than the Nimitz class of course ;) carriers like the Intrepid!

Cheers!

Note for users:

Deck height is 16.

The hangar below the flight deck is 9.

Haven't mapped them out though so trial and error is the working method for placing units.

http://i58.tinypic.com/28wec1c.jpg (123 kB)

Edited by P_Siddy

You are actually not the only person to think of this. :D
With the ARMA 2 samples files I wonder how hard it would be to rip the back door off of that thing (The one covering the well deck) and then model in an interior walkway that connects with the doors on the lower bay that's beneath the flight deck. It would be nice to have two ships with working well decks.
Re: two ships -- see below. I would absolutely request to be able to follow your progress. :)
Sounds like a mission. Well good luck and if you accomplish this task, you will go down as one of the ArmA greats. I'm pretty sure there were some LHD's in Arma 2 that had working well doors, so maybe having a look at them would prove useful. Again good luck.
Hmmm... the only "well deck" ship I remember in Arma 2 was USS Everett (LPD-29) and from all that I could tell of what they did -- no mention in configs, (non-existent) animations, or memory points of any "operating" of the well deck -- the modeler just modeled the stern as having the well deck already flooded.

I will suggest that if you have more immediate need of a well deck then you could re-use LPD-29 -- apparently it works just fine in Arma 3 without having to make config changes -- but presumably all reported issues with that ship remain unresolved-by-RV4-differences in Arma 3.

chortles, is it possible to make a version of the LHD in which incorporates that whole Attachto with movement that i think Progamer, and a handful of others were working towards? I think that this LHD would benefit the ut-most possibility that feature provides.

You are actually not the only person to think of this.

:DRe: two ships -- see below. I would absolutely request to be able to follow your progress. :)

Hmmm... the only "well deck" ship I remember in Arma 2 was USS Everett (LPD-29) and from all that I could tell of what they did -- no mention in configs, (non-existent) animations, or memory points of any "operating" of the well deck -- the modeler just modeled the stern as having the well deck already flooded.

I will suggest that if you have more immediate need of a well deck then you could re-use LPD-29 -- apparently it works just fine in Arma 3 without having to make config changes -- but presumably all reported issues with that ship remain unresolved-by-RV4-differences in Arma 3.

The LPD-29, which I've been playing around with for awhile now in ARMA 3, is indeed built to have the well deck already be flooded. On that note, if you use the Splendid Camera with the offerings of this thread (Chortles LHD!) and float yourself through the stern of the ship, the well deck is already there and flooded, much like the LPD-29. The external door that covers the aft entrance of the deck needs to be removed or animated to fold down and the interior needs to be modeled/textured to support the vehicles and an access ramp/hall to the large hangar beneath the deck.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Is this from Chortles? I didn't download it. Only helped him test it a bit when he was setting it up and that overlay definitely wasn't there then. ;)

Edited by Handicap

ive got a question... Does the back of the ship open up ? Can u drive it? Fire weapon systems?

ive got a question... Does the back of the ship open up ? Can u drive it? Fire weapon systems?
#1: Nope, as has been discussed in the posts prior to this one, there's a door in the way... for now. :p

#2: Nope, as currently implemented it's inheriting from StaticShip, because it's meant as a "base at sea" like the Nimitz (CVN 68) or Everett (LPD 29) mods are.

#3: Not yet. As I informed Handicap I was able to animate the turrets with basic rotation (traverse) and elevation, but those animations don't seem to work unless I either add them to the LHD models (which would raise the poly/vert count of those LHD models) or unless I went the attachTo route (in the init.sqf), in both cases instead of them being currently proxies that don't move.

ah i see well cant wait to see the back door working cause i saw a hover craft for holds tanks and what not that is coming out soon. It would be awsome to see the hover craft come out of the back of this ship. But model looks great and like that i can have anything on the deck cant wait to see the finished product man.

#1: Nope, as has been discussed in the posts prior to this one, there's a door in the way... for now. :p

#2: Nope, as currently implemented it's inheriting from StaticShip, because it's meant as a "base at sea" like the Nimitz (CVN 68) or Everett (LPD 29) mods are.

#3: Not yet. As I informed Handicap I was able to animate the turrets with basic rotation (traverse) and elevation, but those animations don't seem to work unless I either add them to the LHD models (which would raise the poly/vert count of those LHD models) or unless I went the attachTo route (in the init.sqf), in both cases instead of them being currently proxies that don't move.

ah i see well cant wait to see the back door working cause i saw a hover craft for holds tanks and what not that is coming out soon. It would be awsome to see the hover craft come out of the back of this ship. But model looks great and like that i can have anything on the deck cant wait to see the finished product man.

I don't know if anyone else will try tackling that but I have zero experience with the ARMA 3 Tools. Don't expect it anytime soon. ;) This will be a nice crash course.

Just a headsup... I´ve managed to Take off without catapult sucessfully from the LHD-9 with a Superhornet, and kinda bumpy but got airborne with Dezkit´s MiG29K! But I wouldn´t dare landing them there lol

To place units or vehicles on deck, just adjust the elevation to 16 meters! Gotta make some missions with it now yay!

;2727603']Just a headsup... I´ve managed to Take off without catapult sucessfully from the LHD-9 with a Superhornet' date=' and kinda bumpy but got airborne with Dezkit´s MiG29K! But I wouldn´t dare landing them there lol

To place units or vehicles on deck, just adjust the elevation to 16 meters! Gotta make some missions with it now yay![/quote']

Yup I also used the Su35, and everything fine ( obviously with afterburner )