.kju

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - community patches (Arma version only)

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your efforts and hard work. I'm having a blast playing with IFA3 in combination with Alive. Playing WW2 missions with 2k+ units spread across the whole map of straszow is such an incredible experience and is far superior to anything IF had to offer in terms of graphical fidelity, performance and immersion.

@ Kavoriken

How about sharing your ALIVE mission(s)? :)

---

Note 4:

I have botched the 1,07-1.08 DLC patch. The fixed one is available now at mega/gameupdates.org.

You can just reapply the patch again.

Note 5:

There is a hotfix for @IFA3SA_lite on mega/google drive.

This is only necessary if you did not have the modfolder so far.

Note 6:

We are planning a quick update this time - in 2-4 weeks hopefully.

i know surely ,that you are aware to the missing US tank's trooper and pilot character, i tried to search on issues tracker but i dont found it, do you want that i open a new ticket?

;2846715']@ Kavoriken

How about sharing your ALIVE mission(s)? :)

I second this!!

Note 4:

I have botched the 1' date='07-1.08 DLC patch. The fixed one is available now at mega/gameupdates.org.

You can just reapply the patch again.

[/quote']

Download link is not working!

thanks

Download link is not working!

thanks

It was working this afternoon, as I downloaded the patch. But it is not now.

i know surely ,that you are aware to the missing US tank's trooper and pilot character, i tried to search on issues tracker but i dont found it, do you want that i open a new ticket?

I could be wrong. I think they're making new models for US tankers and pilot. Much like the main infantry. Again, I could easily be wrong. I believe their plan is to remove the need for the official DLC.

@ Zukov

Please open a ticket.

@ DannyNickelov

Please read the wiki.

@ Santa Six

IFA3 should be just playable without the DLC, yet not replace the DLC per se.

hi, i always get the error message: "Addon 'AiA_Animals2_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Animals2_Data'.

anyone knows how to fix this?

2nd time i try to install it with play with six.

i tried the manual installation too. But i cannot install the patch 1.05-1.12, because it says, the game is not installed on the computer or the path is not valid.

2nd try too, i deleted all if related stuff and tried it again, but i got the same problem. Is it because of windows 8.1?

half year ago, i installed it manually and had no problems, but i also had win 7 to this time.

Edited by Nzane

I cannot for anything at all install the community patches. When I try to I get this error messege "Iron Front for Arma 2 CO patch is not installed on this computer or installation is corrupt." I was up from 9:00 pm yesterday till now 7 HOURS of trying to get this shit to work. I don't know how many times I reinstalled IF. What DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Vancer2

Did you read the wiki?

;2860031']@ Vancer2

Did you read the wiki?

Somehow after uninstalling arma and changing the the files to go into the arma 2 directory instead it allowed me to install the community patches. Now all that would help me is to get the Domi WW2 maps to work' date=' but they don't show up ingame. The files says Chernarus in the map name and they are pbo's But When I launch IF for Arma I don't have chernarus as a map option. The name of the file when you go to the link is called DOMIWW2 but I was looking for a map that the player spawns at a castle in poland (I think) which was another domi map, But i forget if that one was for the Arma 3.[url']http://www.missionrepository.com/multiplayer-modes-24[/url]

Also I can't find any servers

Edited by Vancer2

But i forget if that one was for the Arma 3.http://www.missionrepository.com/multiplayer-modes-24

You would know what it is for if you read that whole listing and followed the link.

Nothing listed on that page is for Arma3, Arma3 has its own section, everything is on the menu, theres nothing mixed, everything is where it should be,

if you need help send me a pm.

I've started to have issues, here. I decided to reinstall the game for ArmA II, and I noticed that if I update it with PwS, it seems to go fine, save for the fact that the bullets fired from the machine-gunner only play the first round fired, and the rest is silence. Occasionally it'll play a sound again, but it fails to to produce the sound constantly. Originally I thought this was an issue with the San6 sound mods, but no, it's the base game that produces this.

This is with no mods and a fresh install. Any idea why this is?

.......but no, it's the base game that produces this.

This is with no mods and a fresh install.

I have the game. I have not merged it with Arma 2. I do not have the problem. So it is not the base game that causes the problem.

I have the game. I have not merged it with Arma 2. I do not have the problem. So it is not the base game that causes the problem.

By base game I mean the conversion and running it in ArmA II. There is something with the conversion process that is producing this.

After both communitypatch .exe's wouldn't work, I went into ArmA 3 to see what version of IFA3 I actually had. Turns out the conversion took me from 1.05 (I bought IFL-1944 just to have WW2 in ArmA 3) to Iron Front - A3 - 1.10. So this is why none of the patch exe's would work for me... 1.10 wasn't a valid starting point. Now I can't even update to IFA3 1.13. I've hit a wall and there's nothing I can do about it. I request for anyone to please allow 1.10 to be a valid starting point for an update exe... I can't wait for the Invasion 1944 crew to move their metaphorical rear-ends into ArmA 3 from ArmA 2 OA; so this is all I can have for now. Now until that mod crew gets its rear in gear, please fix what isn't available: an update from 1.10 to 1.13

(and also happy 1-year to my forum account!)

Thank you and sincerely,

MishaMilanich

Maj. Addan Deith

Steam: /id/3VegasModder343

Hello All,

I was able to buy Iron Front Gold for $6 :yay:, and spent a couple of nights installing it/converting it to Arma 3.

I have a number of questions and concerns, and I hope that I can some help here.

First, the bugs that I've seen while using the Editor to spawn a default futuristic Arma 3 Nato soldier (not a unit that came with Iron Front itself) while in an Iron Front Polish terrain...

...Frag grenades that are thrown, immediately drop straight down at the point that the frag is released, and don't travel any distance away from the player's hand. The smoke grenade that I tried seemed to work fine, that is, it was thrown a normal distance, and then deployed smoke normally.

...Sound effects for stepping and moving are missing from many areas. The missing footstep sounds are frequently encountered within interiors, and sometimes outside too.

Now that I've got Iron Front Gold ported into the Arma 3 engine, to save hard drive space, can I now uninstall the Iron Front game or should I keep it for any additional patches? Or will future patches work without having to have the Iron Front game on one's computer?

Hi, you want this thread for IFA3 to ask your questions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3

thread here is for patches.

I'll answer you here, your issues are patch related which means your missing files and your mod hasn't been patched completely,

as all the issues you described have been fixed by the patches.

As for Iron Front game itself, you wont need vanilla IF unless you want to play it, but to run IFA3 vanilla IF is not required.

I have a tutorial for IFA3 be sure to check it and review the files that you need for the mod, see it here:

IFA3 Tutorial

Lastly just a note on the conversion process, when you use the tool to convert your vanilla Iron front to a mod, what happens is, the tool does

a few checks to see if you meet the requirements for the mod.

In the conversion process the tool (my theory) is copies all your Iron front vanilla files, and then reformats them changing the vanilla .IFA extension on the files,

to a .pbo extension so that the files can be read in arma3, once this new copy is complete, you will see a new mod folder in your Arma3 directory titled @IF this new mod is basically your vanilla Iron front now able to be read in the game.

Your vanilla IF cannot be read thats why you need the conversion tool to convert the files over to a format the game can read, Arma2CO, nor Arma3 can read .IFA files, so in a nutshell running vanilla Iron front with IFA3 and all required files is unnecessary and wont work anyways thats what the @IF is for.

Vanilla Iron front is only playable by itself, you cannot play it in Arma2Co, or Arma3 without converting it using the conversion tool, so if you want to uninstall the game then thats up to you, i would suggest keeping it, until you get the IFA3 running and working correctly as sometimes the conversion process may need to be done a 2nd time if a file got corrupted, or if your missing files, ect,.

Edited by Günter Severloh

iRON fRONT aRMA 2 MOD

save for the fact that the bullets fired from the machine-gunner only play the first round fired, and the rest is silence.
just tried the A2 Mod and have the same prob +the Thompson SMG, is this normal or something wrong?

edit:

Tried to install on different computers and it is the same.... :( sad wasted time

So report it on the feedback tracker, it can be fixed, only a wasted time if you do nothing about it.