Sign in to follow this  
BlackViperGaming

Pilot Training Autorotation

I was playing around in the editor, trying to make a mission for myself to test my skills at autorotation. I finally was able to get it to work and I thought hey, I might as well release this. So in the mission you spawn on the airfield, and you can select which helicopter you wish to fly and once you are in the air you have the option to kill the engine (removes all fuel) and see if you can land safely without any harm to you or the helicopter. For this mission, you as the player are invincible. But be careful, as your aircraft are not. I find this extremely helpful in learning how to fly helos.

How to use the commands

(keys to hit, [not on the numpad, only under F1-F12])

0-0-1 Will get rid of all fuel, disabling the engine causing you to drop out of the sky

0-0-2 Will add back all of the fuel allowing to you take off again

0-0-3 Will set the helicopter back to full health if you accidentally mess up on your autorotation

This is meant to go in conjunction with Dsylexci's amazing autrotation tutorial in his Art of Flight videos:

Heres a few screenshots, mainly just because I feel that everything released for arma should have some sort of screenshot displaying something.

rguk.jpg

oiz3d.jpg

Currently this is only for singleplayer, but if any of you would like a version working with multiplayer let me know and Ill consider making a muliplayer compatible version.

Download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jb2u45e6g4vnwrv/pilot_training_autorotation.7z

Armaholic mirror:

- Pilot Training Autorotation

Edited by BlackViperGaming
added armaholic mirror

I just tried it - meanwhile in Eden editor, and while I totally suck at autorotation I can offer these 2 suggestions:

1) Export it to SinglePlayer to make it playable from the Scenario menu.

2) Name the radio channels in accordance to what they do.