Zenophon

Zenophon's ArmA 3 Co-op Mission Making Framework

Hi @Zenophon

I have a bit of an odd issue. When I use Zen_AddGiveMagzine and Zen_AddRepackMagazines functions, and place the unit on the ship deck, the functions don't work. But when I move the units to land, it works as expected. 

I don't think the issue is your function per si, but an Arma issue, and it does not see the deck of the ship as a solid object, or something like that. 

Any ideas? or Anybody see this before? 

Are you spawning the units on the deck (or placing them in the editor) and then using a loadout function?  There might be a delay for ArmA to create/initialize units on the ship; try adding a second or two wait before the functions run.  In general, units can have their equipment changed even if they are e.g. skydiving, in a vehicle, etc.; though, as you say, being on a ship might be a special case that is bugged.

The second fix is to spawn/place them on land, apply the loadout, wait/check that it is applied, then move them onto the boat.  Sometimes setup like this requires a short 'mission loading' black screen so that the player doesn't see units teleporting or changing equipment.

Hi Zenophon

I just wanna say thanks for all of your arma 3 scripting framwork. I do know how to use modules and triggers to make mission but I'm struggling with Arma 3 scripts. your tutorials helps me a lot. Thank you so much !

Hello.

Has anyone used findgroundposition with scripted markers?

It seems this is set up for editor placed markers only.

Was hoping for a work around so that function could follow markers placed from scripts.

Thanks.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, jandrews said:

Has anyone used findgroundposition with scripted markers?

Hi @jandrews   This is fairly random snipped of code I use - _this select 0 is the string name of the area marker. Marker can be map placed or created using Zen_SpawnMarker

while {!(_ok)} do
	{
	switch (tolower(_this select 1)) do {
		case "boat" :
			{
			_randomPos =  [_this select 0,0,[],2] call Zen_FindGroundPosition; // must be water
			_return = _randomPos findEmptyPosition [0,10,"O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F"];
			if ((count _return) > 0) then {
				_nObject = nearestObject [_return, "AllVehicles"];
				if !(isNull _nObject) then {_nObjectDist = _nObject distance2d _return} else {_nObjectDist = 50;};
//				if !(isNull _nObject) then {systemchat format ["Type of %1 at %2",typeof _nObject,_nObjectDist]}; // DEBUG
				if (_nObjectDist > 15) then {_ok = _return call DSC_isOutdoorsWet};
				};
			};
		case "inf" :
			{
			_randomPos = [_this select 0] call Zen_FindGroundPosition; // any land position
			_return = _randomPos findEmptyPosition [0,8,"Box_East_AmmoVeh_F"];
			if ((count _return) > 0) then {	_ok = _return call DSC_isOutdoorsDry};
			};
		case "static" :
			{
			_randomPos = [_this select 0,0,[],1,[3,15]] call Zen_FindGroundPosition; // off roads by 3m min (15-12)
			_return = _randomPos findEmptyPosition [0,12,"B_Truck_01_Repair_F"];

Hi there Zenophon I'm having a problem with the framework, when I try to call an objective creation from documentation(I translated objective's text to Spanish) I get a generic error in expresion from Zen_AreTasksComplete.sqf line 34 note This was not an issue some months ago there is another problem involving zen_objectivepos could I get some assistance here? I'm really lost

// Call functon to get random city/village area marker
          _randomCity = call f_getrandomcityAreaMarker;
          _randomCity setMarkerAlpha 0;	// Debug

// Generate a random position within the city
          _ObjectivePos = [_randomCity] call Zen_FindGroundPosition;

// Create a Eliminate Warlord objective at generated position
          _yourObjective = [_ObjectivePos, (resistance), east, "Officer","elimina"] call Zen_CreateObjective;

// Assign a squad to protect the warlord
          _MortarGuard = [_ObjectivePos, east, "militia", [5,4]] call Zen_SpawnInfantry;
          // Call three custom functions to create a two dimensional array of 
          // markers in and around the center of the town
          _cityCenter = getMarkerPos _randomCity;
          _AREAMARKER_WIDTH = 200;
          // Create an array of positions relative to the city center
          _positionArray = [4,4,_cityCenter,_AREAMARKER_WIDTH] call f_getnearbyPositionsbyParm;
          // Convert all the positions into area markers
          _markerArray = [_positionArray,_AREAMARKER_WIDTH] call f_createMarkersfromArray;
          // Filter out all positions that are mostly water
          //_markerArray = [_markerArray] call f_filtermarkersbyTerrain;
          // Create FIVEE squads that move randomly within the grid
          for "_i" from 0 to 4 do {
            _newGroup = [_markerArray] call f_spawnsquadforMarkerArray;
          };

waituntil { sleep 5; [(_yourObjective select 1)] call Zen_AreTasksComplete };

This is zen_aretaskscomplete.sqf

// This file is part of Zenophon's ArmA 3 Co-op Mission Framework
// This file is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
// See Legal.txt

_Zen_stack_Trace = ["Zen_AreTasksComplete", _this] call Zen_StackAdd;
private ["_taskArray", "_taskState", "_tasksComplete", "_taskData"];

if !([_this, [["ARRAY", "STRING"], ["ARRAY", "STRING"]], [["STRING"], ["STRING"]], 1] call Zen_CheckArguments) exitWith {
    call Zen_StackRemove;
    (false)
};

_taskArray = _this select 0;

_taskState = ["failed", "succeeded", "canceled"];
if (count _this > 1) then {
    _taskState = _this select 1;
};

if (typeName _taskArray != "ARRAY") then {
    _taskArray = [_taskArray];
};

_tasksComplete = true;

{
    _taskData = [_x] call Zen_GetTaskDataGlobal;
    if !([(_taskData select 2), _taskState] call Zen_ValueIsInArray) exitWith {
        _tasksComplete = false;
    };
} forEach _taskArray;

call Zen_StackRemove;
(_tasksComplete)

There is a second issue involving framework usage, I use ALIVE in my mission on a dedicated server (this was an issue when I first translated the mission generation) on dedicated alive's virtualization changes Zen units into CSAT so I thought of using this snippet " this setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore", true]; " on init, but I cant find unit's init in framework D: where do I place this in the framework? thankyou! have been stuck for months D:

In the line

_yourObjective = [_ObjectivePos, (resistance), east, "Officer","elimina "] call Zen_CreateObjective;

it should be 'eliminate', or the task's completion trigger won't be set correctly.

By 'translated objective's text', do you mean that you modified Zen_ObjectiveCreateTask.sqf?  If so, check that there are no errors in that file.  Check the full log to see if there are any errors before the one from Zen_AreTasksComplete.

When I run the code below in an empty mission (just a player unit and a marker), there are no errors and the objective can be completed normally:

_yourObjective = ["Mk1", resistance, east, "Officer", "eliminate"] call Zen_CreateObjective;

diag_log str _yourObjective;
player sidechat str _yourObjective;

waituntil { sleep 5; [(_yourObjective select 1)] call Zen_AreTasksComplete };

player sidechat "task complete";

For the second problem, the code placed in a unit's 'init box' in the mission editor must be run by a script after the unit is created.  'this' changes to the variable or command the script uses to get the unit; for example,

_group = [...] Zen_SpawnInfantry;

{
    _x setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore", true];
} forEach (units _group);

Thanks man you helped me a lot with your example!! it was my mistake I wasn't calling the function correctly excellent framework!

Hey man, not sure if I am going crazy but when trying to do this:

_g_O_patrol = [_p_spawnPatrol, east, AI_SKILL, [3,6], "Men", "OPF_F"] call Zen_SpawnInfantry;

that should get some vanilla CSAT faction guys it always prints theres no men in the faction. I also tried some modded ones with no luck.

Manually running:

["Men", east, "OPF_F", "All"] call Zen_ConfigGetVehicleClasses; 

from debug screen in editor comes up with empty array.

["Men", west, "BLU_F", "All"] call Zen_ConfigGetVehicleClasses; 

This is also an empty array.

However when I simply do:

_g_O_patrol = [_p_spawnPatrol, east, AI_SKILL, [3,6]] call Zen_SpawnInfantry;

It does spawn CSAT guys..

Any pointers?

Hi Zen, Happy New Year!!! I hope 2021 is kind to you! Thank you for many many years of mission making with your scripts. I still use them to this day. I want to use Zen load outs to add a specific random Loadout (Array) to 2 specific units defined by the class names of the unit (EG "B_G_Soldier_F","B_G_Soldier_AR_F" etc). I also want the random loadout to be applied regardless of what side the specific units spawn on. I have the mission set up so named units can spawn as either Blufor or Opfor. This is to introduce a randomness to the mission. U do not know whether that soldier (For example) is friendly or hostile etc. 

I have tried with the script but cannot seem to get it to work. I would be very appreciative if you could Tellme how to do this!

I appreciate this has not been updated for a while but has anybody else noticed that the Zen_OrderVehicleMove function is no longer working. Testing in vanilla usually results in the crew getting the order but not actually carrying it out (They also receive a waypoint which disappears after a second or so).

_ifvmv = [ifv0, [5084.19,4079.07,0]] spawn Zen_OrderVehicleMove; - example

Thanks anyway for your work on this fantastic framework

This bug occurs when the driver is not the leader of the vehicle's crew; it might also affect Zen_OrderHelicopterLand.  I have updated the framework download links with a new version.  You can also fix it manually if you prefer:

line 96 Zen_OrderVehicleMove

(((unitReady _vehicle) || (([_vehicle] call Zen_IsReady))) || (([_vehicle, _inPos] call Zen_Find2dDistance) < _completionDistance) || _isCrash || ((_vehicle isKindOf "SHIP") && ((getTerrainHeightASL getPosATL _vehicle) > -1)))

line 91 Zen_OrderHelicopterLand

((unitReady _heli) || {_isCrash})

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for doing that, I find your framework indispensable these days and while 99% of the functionally has been working flawlessly I did notice in recent missions vehicles weren't moving to orders.

There was, for example, a similar result when using 'Zen_OrderInsertion' with ground vehicles so hopefully your change also fixed that.

Cheers