This is the first release of my LAV-25.

As of now it's just a port of the Arma 2 Sample Vehicles from BIS with minor tweaks.

I plan however to make some more modifications to make these vehicles actually enjoyable.

UPDATE - 04/08/2014

http://imageshack.com/a/img539/3971/LZ3w6M.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5356/V3jMBI.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8111/vDRWpE.png

V0.3 is finally rolling out!

The LAV25 is finally getting a pintle mounted M240 (you can find it as LAV-25A2).

After an epic battle with models and configs i managed to get it working, however it still is not exactly how i wanted it to be.

Disabling the machinegun from inside the turret would inevitably bug the commander periscope.

I opened a ticket on the feedback tracker if you want to help out (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20088) .

Another good news is that the LAV is getting a new desert paintjob!

Hogthar and Sitrepo from Design Mastery were so kind to provide me with a new desert painting.

There are still some changes to be made but i wanted to roll this update out now and get some feedback while i focus on other projects.

Also thanks to RedPhoenix that helped me sort out a few problems with PhysX.UPDATE - 11/08/2014

v0.3a is a small hotfix.

I've added the winter textures gently provided by Hogthar and Sitrepo and fixed a small bug that wouldn't show dead crew animations when shot.

Known Problems:

Vehicles should be just fine for now.

If you find anything wrong please let me know, thanks.

Credits

A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE BIS COMMUNITY

Without you i would've never been able to do this.

Also:

BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model

Hogthar and Sitrepo - Desert skin

RedPhoenix - PhysX tweaks

Chairborne - Port, config, etc...

DISCLAIMER

For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.

Released under Arma Public License - read here for more information: http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license

Changelog

V0.1 - 10/07/2014

- Initial Release

V0.2 - 17/07/2014

-Wheels armor increased slightly

-AI can finally engage enemies normally

-Wheels damage animations now work correctly

-Wheels hit animations now on par with BIS vehicles

-Commander for the LAV-C2 now finally hears sounds normally

-Commander for the LAV-C2 now properly displayed as commander when switching seats

-Guns max and min aiming height reduced slightly

-Wheels moved closer to the ground

-Radar now working for both gunner and commander

V0.3 - 04/08/2014

-Added pintle mounted M240 on new variant (LAV-25A2)

-front panel should not raise when the vehicle gets damaged or destroyed anymore

-wheels should finally touch the ground now

-added desert skin

-added menu icon in factions

-added bikey and bisign

V0.3a - 11/08/2014

-Added Winter camo

-Fixed deadstate animations

DL:https://www.dropbox.com/s/umv92ztp0rahdiv/%40Cha_Lav25.rar

Edited by Chairborne

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you very much. This is much appreciated.

My two suggestions however are the commander seat should have thermals. And that there should be a pintal mount ontop of the LAV-25. However im sure the 2nd one takes a little work.

Can I suggest to port all the US Light Armor from arma 2? Like the LAV-25 CV,Strykers and even maybe the Bradley APC's too? Just a request. Love the add on as is and great work.

Can I suggest to port all the US Light Armor from arma 2? Like the LAV-25 CV,Strykers and even maybe the Bradley APC's too? Just a request. Love the add on as is and great work.

Don't forget the AAVP7A1 :D

Took out the LAV for a test dive and found multiple issues with it:

1. Floating wheels, not visible at times but at angles you can notice the front wheels are floating

2. Vehicle radar icon thing at the top of the screen does not work, it doesn't tell you where the gun and turret is pointing

3. Putting it in the NATO faction would make it easier to organize

Other than that good work!! :)

Awesome stuff!

Did I see a well deck or a hanger for the Wasp LHD? If so, please share! :D

Many thanks,a good opponent for the ever lovely BTR-100 :D

Is the AI "never" firing though?

I dont suppose you could port a vodnik over? Arma3 is slowly being russified to my delight with great modder but alas,there is not a vodnik to be found.

i did notice its lack of shooting, it will shoot, but not even half as much as a Marshall

Don't forget the AAVP7A1 :D

There's only so much i can do by myself lol.

Maybe later on i'll look into them.

The AAV was being ported by someone from the community, however as far as i know the engine does not support amphibious tracked vehicles so until BIS fixes that there's nothing to do.

Took out the LAV for a test dive and found multiple issues with it:

1. Floating wheels, not visible at times but at angles you can notice the front wheels are floating

2. Vehicle radar icon thing at the top of the screen does not work, it doesn't tell you where the gun and turret is pointing

3. Putting it in the NATO faction would make it easier to organize

Other than that good work!! :)

1. I'll see if that can be fixed.

2. Fixed.

3. I'll consider it for a future release.

Awesome stuff!

Did I see a well deck or a hanger for the Wasp LHD? If so, please share! :D

It's just the normal hangar from the LHD in Arma 2, it's below the flight deck.

There isn't really anything special to it, it's just a metal box with two doors.

It's a shame the elevators don't work and there's no well deck.

Many thanks,a good opponent for the ever lovely BTR-100 :D

Is the AI "never" firing though?

I dont suppose you could port a vodnik over? Arma3 is slowly being russified to my delight with great modder but alas,there is not a vodnik to be found.

i did notice its lack of shooting, it will shoot, but not even half as much as a Marshall

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the weapons config, even though its values are the same as the autocannon every other vehicle has.

I checked with SIX config and the game config browser but didn't notice anything particular to it.

As of now i don't have much interest in porting a Vodnik.

I would have liked to work on the BMP-3 but the PhysX tracked vehicles are broken in water so until BIS doesn't fix this i don't really want to spend time on it.

It's just the normal hangar from the LHD in Arma 2, it's below the flight deck.

There isn't really anything special to it, it's just a metal box with two doors.

It's a shame the elevators don't work and there's no well deck.

Never knew that existed.. will check it out, thanks mate!

No problem.

However the doors seem broken in A3, the character glitches when entering or exiting.

Hmm its strange they dont wanna fire.

Is it possibly related to range somehow?

Just a thought.

Thanks again,it kind of reminds me of my young BF3 days;)

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cha_lav25.png

@ Chairborne;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hmm its strange they dont wanna fire.

Is it possibly related to range somehow?

Just a thought.

Thanks again,it kind of reminds me of my young BF3 days;)

I have no idea.

They don't shoot regardless of distance. The AI commander gives the order to engage, the AI gunner just sits there watching the target without shooting.

New mod v0.1 available

Thank you!

Lovely work on this, a very welcome addition for those realism clans I am sure. Personally I would love to see recoil simulated on the main cannon sights, and the audio on the gpmg plays the turned in sounds when turned as well on the HQ variant. Also cannot access the passenger seats of the HQ variant, and maybe the get in/out anims could be stolen from the default IFVs? Minor quibbles, excellent work.

I noticed the sound problem of the gpmg as well, i'll add it to the list.

The lav-hq has no passenger seats, as it was meant to be.

i have a problem finding you vehicle in the editor under what is it enlisted under empty??

Empty > Armored > LAV-25A1 [Light Armor Recon] for the normal variant with regular turret and autocannon

Or alternatively:

Empty > Armored > LAV-C2 [Light Armor Recon] for the command and control variant with the M240B