reyhard

RDS A2 Civilian Pack

I tested both on our dedicated, as we experienced the same problems.

test1A

Crash after (serverlog)

15:52:03 "DEBUG: 138.495,C Alpha 1-2:1 Adding random uniforms"

test1B

Crash after (serverlog)

15:59:52 "DEBUG: 15.008,C Alpha 1-3:1 Adding random uniforms"

I tried reconnecting in test1B

didnt even show the map, crash after (serverlog)

16:05:22 Player nomisum connected (id=76561197992511162).16:05:38 "DEBUG: 358.5,C Alpha 4-2:1 Adding random uniforms"

hope this helps, or do you need the full rpt? (its full of crap not related)

one more test with test1B (serverlog)

16:08:28 Player nomisum connecting.16:08:30 Player nomisum connected (id=76561197992511162).Ref to nonnetwork object d19c9000# 1566287: volha.p3d16:08:40 "DEBUG: 540.023,C Alpha 4-2:1 Adding random uniforms"

last entry to the same in clientlog

16:09:03 Ref to nonnetwork object 77ed9600# 1555364: volha.p3d
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 018A1AE4

Edit: added two full logs. second time with test1A it took a lot* longer to crash (probably till the spawn of something evil)

test1A client rpt: http://pastebin.com/f44yL8HG

test1A server rpt: http://pastebin.com/njqPkFQq

test1B client rpt: http://pastebin.com/qsNL1135

test1B server rpt: http://pastebin.com/2Jzv7ZaP

* 2min instead of almost instantly

thanks a lot! so it's seems my assumption about adding uniforms was correct. did one mistake though since test1b was supposed to have random uniform adding disabled at all.

please, test this one & as it has properly disabled random uniform spawning for units in vehicle on dedicated server 

https://mega.nz/#!g1ESySbS!bDz9Sb7Hk9pV0WOt0nHo7r1O7jUKuNp94Hi_r_pDFGQ

thanks a lot! so it's seems my assumption about adding uniforms was correct. did one mistake though since test1b was supposed to have random uniform adding disabled at all.

please, test this one & as it has properly disabled random uniform spawning for units in vehicle on dedicated server 

https://mega.nz/#!g1ESySbS!bDz9Sb7Hk9pV0WOt0nHo7r1O7jUKuNp94Hi_r_pDFGQ

Just tried it, still got a crash, this is with empty vehicles too:

2:27:31 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
 2:28:00 Error: Wheel reference not initialized
 2:28:00 Ref to nonnetwork object 6f8f0100# 438917: volha.p3d
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00BD1AE4

Version 1.31 released
@ fixed dedicated server random CTDs
@ fixed duplicated villager stringable
@ fixed S1203 passanger getting stuck
@ fixed some small .rpt errors
^ added ejectDeadDriver to Bikes & Motorbikes

sooo... CTD were caused by getVariable being called from vehicle init. reverted script initialization from call to spawn solved the issue. kind of strange situation but well, I really hope it works now

MEGA
Steam Workshop

• Like 12

Version 1.31 released

@ fixed dedicated server random CTDs

@ fixed duplicated villager stringable

@ fixed S1203 passanger getting stuck

@ fixed some small .rpt errors

^ added ejectDeadDriver to Bikes & Motorbikes

sooo... CTD were caused by getVariable being called from vehicle init. reverted script initialization from call to spawn solved the issue. kind of strange situation but well, I really hope it works now

MEGA

Steam Workshop

all good on my end!

Is there any chance of us seeing any more A2 OA units and vehicles out of this pack (Pickup, Atv, SUV, civ clothes)? I know that other mod packs have such vehicles and uniforms, but I don't like to rely on so many individual mods and am also very impressed by the quality of this pack.

• Like 1

I have some plans for extending vehicle pool but I wanted to redo some vehicle interiors first like Lada, Gaz-24 or S1203. No ETA though for any of them

• Like 1

How do you use the flashlights? They show with no ammo, and the custom flare (green) which Arsenal says is the ammo for them doesn't go in. Is there a special button that turns them on or something?

Edit: Well, what could that special button be... Yes, L. Sorry about that. Great addon!

• Like 1

Can we use it with ALiVE ? If yes what is the name of faction?

1 hour ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

Can we use it with ALiVE ? If yes what is the name of faction?

It depends on how they are configured. I haven't tried it but it would be simple to check.

Open the editor with the mod loaded, place a civ down and right click on him. Open the config viewer and scroll down to faction. Place that name in the civilian placement module and check it out.

Tested RDS with Alive on Beketov...civilians not spawning at all...ambient vehicle placement works but is very bad...lot of cars explode or spawn in the middle of the road.

Tested RDS with Alive on Chernarus...civilians spawning properly ( only when set object priority to do not filter)...ambient vehicle placement is very bad ( same as on Beketov).

Tested RDS with Alive on Altis...civilians spawning properly ( only when set object priority to do not filter)...ambient vehicle placement is very bad ( same as on Chernarus and Beketov).

@Private Evans Is the vehicle thing specifically related to this civilian mod? Regardless, it's probably best to discuss this over in the ALiVE thread. Ambient vehicle placement for the civilian class has never been all that great with ALiVE in general on most non-vanilla maps. I use it but always "low." It's especially hit or miss with modded maps, leading me to believe this aspect of your conversation is better off in the ALiVE area.

If this civ pack is configured to vanilla standards for cfg groups it should work fine with ALiVE. But I have my doubts considering Reyhard is an RHS dev and RHS itself isn't organically ALiVE compatible (the only reason some RHS factions work is because the ALiVE devs have done some voodoo on their end).

Absolutely right ..I think the whole civilian thing in Arma 3 ( which is not satisfying) should be not discussed here . I just wanted to provide  ARMA3_JSOC some of my own testing results regarding RDS working with Alive :)

cheers

PS: tested also RDS with TPW which spawns vanilla civilians but RDS vehicles on tested Russian maps

• Like 1

Just found this mod and started testing it

It's going to make VCP's in our next deployment about 1000 times better!

Thank you for all your hard work man, I'll try get some cool screenshots of us searching vehicles

RDS_Civ 1.31 (by itself) + Stratis on Dedi gives me

zJLowNi.png

Can anybody reproduce to confirm?

edit: I should note, I only put most of the main vehicles in (cars, buses, vans, bikes) during test

^^^ Yes, our game crashes everytime we try and launch a mission on any of our 3 Dedis that has RDS units in it. I'm glad others have this problems too.

I hope this mod is still supported as I LOVE this pack.

On 3/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, anfo said:

RDS_Civ 1.31 (by itself) + Stratis on Dedi gives me

zJLowNi.png

Can anybody reproduce to confirm?

edit: I should note, I only put most of the main vehicles in (cars, buses, vans, bikes) during test

Hey mate, my group had the same problem. I believe there is an issue with the version of RDS Civ pack from the MEGA link. I downloaded the version off steam workshop and uploaded it to our server and it now works perfectly fine.

7 hours ago, rekkless said:

Hey mate, my group had the same problem. I believe there is an issue with the version of RDS Civ pack from the MEGA link. I downloaded the version off steam workshop and uploaded it to our server and it now works perfectly fine.

Good to know, I'll try later, ty

edit: we didn't originally get the mod from Mega, but from Armaholic. So Steam might have the only workable version?

Just want to get this straight - i can use like some of these cars if I do like an own faction to antistasi mission? Instead of dependencies I do one big addon. Credit to you ofcourse. I saw this on the armaholic page; https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ 
I don't know if it's possible i just started to learn doing faction with Alive Orbat. =)
Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, slampemil said:

Just want to get this straight - i can use like some of these cars if I do like an own faction to antistasi mission? Instead of dependencies I do one big addon. Credit to you ofcourse. I saw this on the armaholic page; https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ 
I don't know if it's possible i just started to learn doing faction with Alive Orbat. =)
Thanks in advance!

reuploads are not allowed but if you want to pack your own addon using samples that are available on armaholic then go ahead

1 minute ago, reyhard said:

reuploads are not allowed but if you want to pack your own addon using samples that are available on armaholic then go ahead

I was thinking of just sharing it on Steam workshop for the ones that joins the server. Like a Gay Unicorns faction. But if that's not allowed I have to rethink. But I think I've seen like RDS tanks and civ on workshop in other addons.

Well thanks for the quick response reyhard!

31 minutes ago, reyhard said:

if you want to pack your own addon using samples that are available on armaholic then go ahead

Is that the 2 MLOD links on the armaholic page? i just tried to download and am getting 'file is no longer available' from megaupload site for both options.

the MLOD link on page 1 of this thread works fine but there is only 1 link,

cheers

10 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

Is that the 2 MLOD links on the armaholic page? i just tried to download and am getting 'file is no longer available' from megaupload site for both options.

the MLOD link on page 1 of this thread works fine but there is only 1 link,

cheers

Not sure, I don't have those mlods too. Redistribution of new packs (with flashlights and other things) is not allowed since its new content that I specifically created for that pack.