Sign in to follow this  
Skelt

config.cpp /CfgSkeletons /CfgModel and animation

I have custom skinned Civilians(using a BI model and hidden selections); which I have configed and pbo'd into the game. They work great, look great; but I'd really like to give them some different animations -- just move forward and rotate for navigation, maybe an idle or two as well. I have the animations I need in the correct format, I just can't seem to find anywhere which details the way to config in custom unit animations to be used by my custom skinned civies. I have looked at pretty much everything on google for "Arma 3 Custom Animations" and have been to the wiki several dozen times (this morning) and looked at the required configs, which did not help much. Lots of stuff on CfgSkeletons / CfgModel but not much on making them animate any differently than what is defaulted by BI. Not much out there on CfgAnimations. If I could find the default BI config for unit animation not in binary form I'd probably be able to swap out the few animations I need relatively easily.

Maybe someone could point me to a resource?

Thanks.

All I know, is that you could effectively replace an animation via script by using an eventhandler:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#AnimChanged

But I can't tell you exactly if/how that could be done directly via config.

You're probably more likely to find an answer to that in the "Configs&Scripting" subforum:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?170-ARMA-3-ADDONS-Configs-amp-Scripting

Ah, I thought I was in the config forum.. it's been a long night :|

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to break for a bit and perhaps when I return I'll find my answer.

Moved this question to correct forum: Here

Edited by Skelt