Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin tool for dedicated servers

@Sharkking, Bec can not control the color of the text ingame. this is done by the game itself.

@SpanishSurfer, look at server admin forums. a2 and a3 section on bif.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131759-New-BattlEye-features-for-server-admins

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167504-Regular-Expression-%28Regex%29-Support-for-BE-Filters

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166050-New-BattlEye-Feature-Mission-specific-Script-Event-Filters

There are no other official docs on how to create the filters/ how it works..

Maybe if you google you'll find some examples to a mission.

@Sharkking, Bec can not control the color of the text ingame. this is done by the game itself.

@SpanishSurfer, look at server admin forums. a2 and a3 section on bif.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131759-New-BattlEye-features-for-server-admins

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167504-Regular-Expression-%28Regex%29-Support-for-BE-Filters

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166050-New-BattlEye-Feature-Mission-specific-Script-Event-Filters

There are no other official docs on how to create the filters/ how it works..

Maybe if you google you'll find some examples to a mission.

I sent you an email, can't you just write me 1-2 examples w/remoteexe, I can go off that.

I sent you an email, can't you just write me 1-2 examples w/remoteexe, I can go off that.

Im not sure what kind of examples i can give you.

This is not the best thread on how to create BE filters.

But lets assume you have this in your removeexec.txt file. (take out of some verry verry old dayz filters)

5 "disable" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"

1 "init"

1 "server"

5 "compile"

4 "loadFile"

5 "move" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"

Now. you can see this we have 4 rules that will Kick and one 2 rules that will just Log.

Kicks:

Restriction #0 -> 5 "disable" !="this ...

Restriction #1 -> 5 "compile"

Restriction #2 -> 4 "loadfile"

Restriction #3 -> 5 "move" !="this ...

Note: im unsure if the 1st rule is Restriction #0 or 1

But anyway with thouse rules set you just open the reasons.py file. scroll down and edit the remoteexec_reason.

SERVERS = ["Config.cfg"]

remoteexec_reasons = {

"0" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 0", 0],

"1" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 1", 0],

"2" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 2", 0],

"3" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 3", 0],

"4" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 4", 0],

"5" : ["Banned for breaking remoteexec filter rule 5", 0]

so on

}

Sorry but i cant make any better examples than this.

Edited by nuxil

Im not sure what kind of examples i can give you.

This is not the best thread on how to create BE filters.

But lets assume you have this in your removeexec.txt file. (take out of some verry verry old dayz filters)

5 "disable" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"

1 "init"

1 "server"

5 "compile"

4 "loadFile"

5 "move" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"

Now. you can see this we have 4 rules that will Kick and one 2 rules that will just Log.

Kicks:

Restriction #0 -> 5 "disable" !="this ...

Restriction #1 -> 5 "compile"

Restriction #2 -> 4 "loadfile"

Restriction #3 -> 5 "move" !="this ...

Note: im unsure if the 1st rule is Restriction #0 or 1

But anyway with thouse rules set you just open the reasons.py file. scroll down and edit the remoteexec_reason.

SERVERS = ["Config.cfg"]

remoteexec_reasons = {

so on

}

Sorry but i cant make any better examples than this.

Thank you that cleared up a few questions...I was confused about how you knew the ID of each rule, which you cleared up. This part

I understand the first part 5 is the rule, "disable" <---what does this do?,

and when you put !="xxxxx"; that's saying what? Not ="xxx"; ???

Also, from what I read the

"this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"

each word that has "xxxx; yyyyyy; zzzzzz;" I'm to understand that in between each ; that's a keyword the filter looks for correct?

This part:

SERVERS = ["Config.cfg"]
remoteexec_reasons = {
so on
}

I understand well enough, thanks for the help you gave with that.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Any way to get rid of the BattlEye debug systemchat spam? I don' think every connected client needs their tactical chat box filled with constant stream of Battleye vomit :) Should be displayed for admin eyes only.

^ Re those remoteexec_reasons, I disagree with telling the kiddie what part of their code was caught.

I would put text in there which only you understand the meaning of.

IE

remoteexec_reasons = {

"0" : ["Reason 6", 0],

"1" : ["Reason 91", 0],

"2" : ["Reason 14.5", 0],

"3" : ["Reason 128", 0],

"4" : ["Reason 33", 0],

"5" : ["No", 0],

"6" : ["Yes Yes Yes",0],

"7" : ["Reason Cheesecake",0]

};

^ Which have meaning to you and no one else. The last thing you need is some kiddie learning what is causing the detections. For instance, yesterday I had the same kiddie try to attack my server with 3 different GUIDs. Don't think he meant to use three but he had some bot to re-try with different, re-joined within seconds of the first ban. He also had 2 other kiddie friends with him also trying at the same time. One was already in my bans.txt (he tried t come back today with different name, lulz).

Also periodically re-arrange the order of your BE filters, to further prevent breathlessly determined kiddies from learning. Won't stop the .dll stuff but will get most of the lower level grubs. Perhaps a bit overboard, but it takes 5s to re-order the filter once in a while. The premise is that admins aren't there all the time, and a kiddie could choose a low-pop time to quietly bang away at your filters until an exploit is found.

* Will send the above-mentioned GUIDs in PM later to add to your stack.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

This BattlEye debug systemchat spam vomit is nothing i can do about.

I agree that there is too much text related to Battleye when people connect. but this has to be directed at BIS & BE.

What text people use in their reasons with the scriptban plugin is up to them self.

My example was to provide a understanding on how it works in somewhat clear way.

For thouse who strugles with BE filters and do not understand them. i found a great link explaining how it works.

http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/

And why is this info not on the Biki ???

nuxil, running into an odd issue with BEC, when trying to run it. Did a complete removal and download, thinking that I somehow skewed the configuration/XML files, which is still possible, of course. In any case, BEC runs and opens to a blank window with flashing cursor. After about 3-5 minutes, text flashes on the screen as the window closes itself. I've done some searching and haven't found anything like it. I've looked to see if BEC is kicking any side by side errors in windows, and just don't see any.

As my post count is too low, I cannot post the image directly into my topic, so I've provided the link. I apologize for any undue grief this may cause.

Screenshot of Error

The error above, after about 3 days of searching, google and forums, has me perplexed. I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. For the record, I've found some errors that were close, via the forums, but none exact. I really appreciate the help if any offered.

Hmm..

Strange.. what OS is the server using?

Do you get this error if you run Bec as administrator?

Nuxil, thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Yes, that is running BEC as admin. In fact, I gave BEC admin privileges indefinitely, thinking that it just might be the way that I configured my PC. PC that's running the server is Windows 7 OS (64 Bit). My first thought was that I may have turned off a service that BEC ties in with, but after looking through my services, I absolutely just can't tell if that's the case or not. Again, I really appreciate the response.

Additional Information: I've tried running BEC.exe on the root of the drive, in the root of the server directory, and even in the actual BEC folder itself. None of these seem to have worked.

Do you got some antivirus on the server ?

It might be that the antivirus is blocking Bec.

I have tried to reproduce this error myself without luck.

But after googeling a bit i belive its due on one of two reason.

Bec has not enough permissions to use the socket.

Bec is getting blocked by an antivirus.

I have tried BEC with and without the antivirus. I've given BEC, un-restricted open access through my firewall, as well as tried with the firewall off. My ports have been forwarded (2302-2315 UDP/TCP, 6379 - Not needed but opened anyway UDP/TCP, and 8766 Steam). To my understanding, BEC listens and utilizes whatever my server port is, which would be 2302, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also, I left my Config.cfg file default with the IP, should I try changing it over to my server IP? If so, my internal router IP or external IP? Other than that, what socket is BEC calling to that would require me to create greater permissions to use? Like I said, I'm really at a loss for the error.

Edited by Hellraiser69

Im sorry but i have no great solutions for you regarding this issue.

Youre on your own on this one.

You can try and set your external ip (server ip) in Bec config.

Bec used a udp socket to connect to the server and a tcp socket to check for new version & for the reporter accout if enabled.

I found some articles regarding socket.error 10013 that you might want to read..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740668%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#WSAEACCES

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-common-causes-of-socket-error-10013.htm

Edited by nuxil

As a follow up nuxil...Whereas my current firewall and AV software is really good at allowing me to control what is blocked, it turns out that a year ago I tested COMODO Firewall, and hated it, so the next day I removed it....So I thought. In ends up that COMODO Firewall embeds itself so far into your system, you really have to ensure that it's removed (a lot of registry editing, chasing everywhere it's embedded itself, etc.). In the end, BEC is working flawlessly and once again appreciate you trying to give me a hand with the issue, not many people offer much assistance. Thanks!

As I understand it. This project has been discontinued. It would be great if we could have it as open sourced. That is, maybe on GITHUB or something similar as then the community could continue working on it.

Sorry, open source is not going to happen.

"I dont want my code to be raped by a horde of mentally ill people in public domain"

Bad joke aside.

If you want a open source project you can look into Big Brother.

I'm having problems with what I think is a bug in B.E.C. and the option to kick lobby idlers.

After some uptime, sometimes longer then other times, when someone gets kicked for lobbyidling, all new joining players also get kicked for lobby idling.

And sometimes players that are not lobby idling but playing normally get kicked for lobby idling.

Restarting B.E.C. solves the problem, but it's very annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this or ideas on how to fix this?

Hi.

Thanks for reporting a posible bug.

Now lets me ask you about a few questions.

What verison of Bec are you using?

Can you Define: "After some uptime"?

How long as Bec been running before you see this start happening?

Can you Define "Playing Normaly".?

I ask this question because. players are seen as "InLobby" until they are fully ingame. "Actuall controlling the character".

After the lobby menu, there is the briefing screen. This is also considered as the lobby.

But if Bec is actually kicking people who walks around, drive cars etc for Lobby idling there is something wrong.

Note: Lets say a player gets a warning in the lobby. 15 secs left to join the mission. If the player now spend more time than 15 sec on loading the mission + get passed the briefing screen. He will get kicked.

Are you using any plugins?

Can you also send me Bec log files?

Hi.

Thanks for reporting a posible bug.

Now lets me ask you about a few questions.

What verison of Bec are you using?

Can you Define: "After some uptime"?

How long as Bec been running before you see this start happening?

Can you Define "Playing Normaly".?

I ask this question because. players are seen as "InLobby" until they are fully ingame. "Actuall controlling the character".

After the lobby menu, there is the briefing screen. This is also considered as the lobby.

But if Bec is actually kicking people who walks around, drive cars etc for Lobby idling there is something wrong.

Note: Lets say a player gets a warning in the lobby. 15 secs left to join the mission. If the player now spend more time than 15 sec on loading the mission + get passed the briefing screen. He will get kicked.

Are you using any plugins?

Can you also send me Bec log files?

We always use the latest version. As soon as BEC says new version we install this.

It happens at random but ussually when the server is almost full.

Some players have been kicked for lobby idling even when playing the game i.e. walking around or driving a vehicle.

We use watchdog and connectionlimiter plugin.

I think the bug may have to do with the server actually overloading and running on low fps/cps so the sync and communication with BEC is too slow.

We will be upgrading to new hardware this weekend (I hope) and I will report back if the problems are still there afterwards.

But what happens a lot (also with almost full server) when a lobby idler gets kicked all new joining players get kicked for lobby idling. Restarting BEC solves this. But it happens at random.

Here's an example:

20:38:18 : RCon admin #1: (To BlackIcedd) BEC : You have about 60 seconds left to join the mission.
20:38:20 : RCon admin #1: (To BlackIcedd) BEC : You have about 30 seconds left to join the mission.
20:38:23 : RCon admin #1: (To BlackIcedd) BEC : You have about 15 seconds left to join the mission.
20:38:25 : Player #6 BlackIcedd (GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:38:40 : Player #6 BlackIcedd (IP:2304) connected
20:38:42 : Player #6 BlackIcedd (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:39:03 : Player #6 Florian (IP:2304) connected
20:39:03 : Player #6 Florian (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:39:11 : Player #6 Johnny Galoche (IP:2304) connected
20:39:13 : Player #6 Johnny Galoche - GUID: GUID (unverified)
20:39:13 : Player #6 Johnny Galoche (GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:39:16 : Player #6 BlackIcedd (IP:2304) connected
20:39:17 : Player #6 BlackIcedd - GUID: GUID (unverified)
20:39:18 : Player #6 BlackIcedd (GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:39:21 : Player #6 CORNET1 (IP:38227) connected
20:39:22 : Player #6 CORNET1 (-) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : Lobby idling to long)
20:39:25 : Player #6 ugot (IP:2304) connected
20:39:28 : Player #6 ugot - GUID: GUID (unverified)
20:39:28 : Verified GUID (GUID) of player #6 ugot
20:39:29 : Status  -> Ok (GUID)

Ok,

Thanks for the info.

I'll look into this.

Though, with out N copies of arma its hard for me to try and reproduce this error

What i see in the log snipet should not happen.

To try and pin down the problem. could you try and run Bec with out plugins by using the --dpl starup argument?

Bec.exe --dpl

I also like to know if anyone else has this problem.

Hello, I got banned for a specific code that my client has sent out on a server.

10.02.2015 20:03:27: Compile Block "call compile ("true;");"
10.02.2015 20:03:27: Compile Block "14,111,112,114,111,34,59,10,9,9,9,9,9,9,125,59,10,9,9,9,9,9,125,59,10,9,9,9,9,125,59,10,9,9,9]  ; _dssa=toString _cddz;call compile _dssa ;  "
10.02.2015 20:03:45: Compile Block "7,121,32,48,41,32,100,105,115,112,108,97,121,67,116,114,108,32,49,48,54,41,59,10,9,9,9,125,59]  ; _dssa=toString _cddz;call compile _dssa ;  "

Now, I have no idea what this code actually means or does. Apparently it is something to spawn or edit the mission with. Currently I am trying to prove my innocence to an admin so I get to play on that specific server again.

So here is the thing, I have no idea what happend at that time or day, but I think it has something to do with a glitch I have discovered while playing on that "Domination-type" server. They have a script that lets you build specific objects as specific classes, i.e. Mash as Medic and so on. I have found a way to create multipile objects like so and I was wondering if that might have made BattleEye caught on to it.

I have done this with 3 types of objects already, which are MASH (Field-Tent), FARP (Vehicle-Service-Point) and Machinegun Bunkers.

I really hope you can help me out on this. Thanks for the reply in advance.

Hi.

Im sorry. i cant help you much with this.

This is most likely a ban set on you because you triggered a BE Filter for what youre telling me.

What the code means or does i have no idea.

You can fire up the editor and check for your self.

_what_is_this =  [7,121,32,48,41,32,100,105,115,112,108,97,121,67,116,114,108,32,49,48,54,41,59,10,9,9,9,125,59];
hint format ["%1",  toString _what_is_this];

Please contact the server it happend on since i cant do much about it.

They might have banned you because you have exploited some system ingame.

I can not unban anyone, bans are controlled by the server admins not me.

Edited by nuxil
abc

Sorry for bothering you with this, it is not just about unbanning me from their server (which of course you can't do anything about it, I understand) but instead to prove that I am innocent because one of their admins told me I would get globally banned for something like this.

Anyway, I have tried to execute the command lines in editor, but all I get are random strings.

The first line says: opro"; }; }; };

The second one: y 0) displayCtrl 106); };

I really am starting to feel hopeless with these 2 lines of code.

As i said. i cant help you much with this.

* I have no clue which "Domination-type" mission you where playing.

* I have no clue how the BE Filters on the server looks like.

So the best option here is to talk to the server admin.

Tell the admin excatly what you where doing so they can try and reproduce the "Triggering of BE Filter" them self.

If the admin is not willing to listen then its time to move on to some better server.

Although i highly doubt this will result in a global ban.